Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Heh...sounds like Elaine is extremely jealous. Maybe Lindsey's saying good things about you to her, and she's getting pissed! Girl friends tend to do that to guys their friends like...I'm pretty sure one of Meg's friends hates me, but won't say anything to Meg about it to avoid pissing her off, but they never talk or hang out anymore.

Let us know what happens bro. I'm pullin' for ya! Good luck!
    I adopted Peanut!!!
    Adopted by *Atwater*!!!

I'm UNDEFEATED at Broncos games!!!!

12/06/09 @ Kansas City: W 44-13

I think you screwed any chance you had with that AIM conversation. A girl her age, friends are the most important thing in her life. If you mess with or can't be friendly with her friends no matter how much of a ***** they are then you might as well forget about her.

She's a good looking girl (I feel like a pedo for even looking at that picture though ) but no go is worth too much trouble. Like say 3-4 years of agony (j/k brooks) But no seriously you guys if you are that young don't waste your time, there are PLENTY of fish in the sea that you can mesh with, if you are meant to be with this girl you speak of then sometime it will eventually happen. Even if it is twenty years from now in Spain when you are with your family of four kids and your second wife

Posting that chat won't help you out much either but as for the people telling you not to save them at all, when saved in the proper format and not edited with a time stamp of the date they were saved they can be used in legal matters so it's not an entirely bad idea

Wait a mintue... back this train up a little. 16 and you have a bald spot?

j/k with ya. I dunno dude.... like a few others have said, sounds like she just wants to be friends. But don't get that down. My gf and i were very good friends and "dating" off and on for about 8 months before we finally sat down and decided to give it a full go. Truth be told... it was a great time for us to get to know each other and to explore our true feelings. I'd not change a day of the frustrating feelings of "what the ****!!". Good luck!

And like another said, she is cute, and yes I feel like a pedo too for saying that. Enter L30...?
    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Quote Originally Posted by slostenracing View Post
    I
    Posting that chat won't help you out much either but as for the people telling you not to save them at all, when saved in the proper format and not edited with a time stamp of the date they were saved they can be used in legal matters so it's not an entirely bad idea

Whoa.... Get accused of "stalking" or anything creepy....?

Quote Originally Posted by ebsoria View Post
    Whoa.... Get accused of "stalking" or anything creepy....?
    Nope but it did come in handy at a party once when a girl tried lying to my ex's face that she hadn't told me she wanted to "do stuff" with me. I went home, printed off the convo and nailed it to the houses wall for everyone to read

It stayed up for about a week before she got drunk again one night and tore it down

Quote Originally Posted by slostenracing View Post
    Nope but it did come in handy at a party once when a girl tried lying to my ex's face that she hadn't told me she wanted to "do stuff" with me. I went home, printed off the convo and nailed it to the houses wall for everyone to read

It stayed up for about a week before she got drunk again one night and tore it down
    Oh..... that kind of drama..... I see.....

Wasn't even really drama. I would have cheated on my girlfriend at the time with the girl. The conversation even showed that I instigated some of it. I'm just a really big ass when I am drunk to anyone who ticks me off, she tried denying what she said that night so I proved she said it.

Man, I don't miss high school at all. Good luck dude. :salute!:
    Quote Originally Posted by Broncoholic3233 View Post
    FF is awesome!

You've never been to Pekin.
    FF is awesome!

To the OP, is her friend cute? Maybe you should hook up with her, it sounds like she might like you. People are always mean to the ones they love, especially in high school.

It’s just a thought…

Quote Originally Posted by KatieElway7 View Post
    To the OP, is her friend cute? Maybe you should hook up with her, it sounds like she might like you. People are always mean to the ones they love, especially in high school.

It’s just a thought…
    Wait a minute....L30 is mean to me all the time....
    FF is awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Flatlander Fan View Post
    You've never been to Pekin.
    There would be more but smiley limit. CP to you my friend. :salute!:

EDIT: Gotta spread the CP first, gonna be coming back to this excellent post

Quote Originally Posted by champbronc2 View Post
    She is really mature, and if I told her I was going to move on, and we can be friends, she would be friends.

The situation now is most awkward. There is always "an elephant in the room".

But as for being just friends, I'd have to agree with you. But I still want a solid answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by broooks77 View Post
    Dude, I have the same problem. I really like this girl but she has never liked me back... I've like her for like 3 or 4 years now..

I've tried to move on from her but she and I are really good friends and its hard not to like her. Ugh!

Girls are so complicated =/
    They're not complicated, they don't communicate as directly as us guys would like. She's not going to flat out tell you no, because that's not how girls operate. They work through subtle hints and signals, and she's sent you a lot of them that she's not interested.

I'm replying to the both of you because I had a similar experience over the span of a few years. I started to like the girl in question during my final year of high school. I thought she was smart, pretty, and although she was shy sometimes she had a pleasant personality when she let it out.

Over the course of the year I tried to get closer to her, talking to her on AIM, coming over to study on one occasion. Eventually, I told her how I felt and she said she wasn't ready for a boyfriend. What did this mean?? Is she interested, maybe even slightly, but she wants more time? By the end of the second year that I liked her, I told myself if she was interested, we would go to prom together--otherwise I'm going to move on. I brought it up, and sure enough, she invited me. But (like you), in the end it was because she knew I was interested and she needed a date. As a result, I stayed stuck on her for another year or so. Finally, under another set of unusual circumstances almost a year later, I had to know how she felt. So we had another conversation as I asked her how she felt. She told me she didn't know, she even cried a little bit. I was confused and upset. What was going on? Was she or wasn't she?

Essentially, I spent three years of my life learning a myriad of lessons about girls. The biggest one I can give you is the one I started out this post with. It's been a almost two years since that conversation--and my moving on. This year I started my Masters' degree at a different school in a different city with a different perspective. My point is, I'm able to see things in a different light now (and I have a real girlfriend now). Now I know what it's like on the other end, when the girl actually likes me back. You don't what what's going on with your love interest--it's nothing but draining, and you'll probably never get anything out of it. Find somebody who can appreciate you. Good luck guys.

:salute!:

Holy crap. So, I talked to her. Here is what happened. (To the best I can remember with commentary)

Right after Social Studies class:
    Me- "Lindsey, can I talk to you?"

Lindsey- "Oh yeah, sure"

(We walk outside the classroom and it's just me and her)

Me-"You never really planned on going with me today did you?" (Basically accusing of her of not wanting to go)

Lindsey- "I told you that I had to ask, remember? I had to ask if I could go. I can't go though because I have a Dr.'s appointment" (Kind of seemed mad that I accused her of not wanting to go, so maybe I was wrong? I hope I was..)

Me- "OK, but did you really want to go?"

Lindsey- "I don't know" (Said this VERY fast, sounded nervous)

Me- "Look, I need to know if you really wanted to go though. I mean, did you want to hang out with me?"

Lindsey- "Idk, but what were we going to do anyways? You never even told me what we were going to do."

Me- "Well, I assumed you were going to ask that back on Tuesday, not now. hehe"

Lindsey- "Well, what was it?"

Me- "You know.. I was like thinking to go to Panera, and then maybe walk to the Mall, or something. So, can do this another time?"

Lindsey- "Umm, maybe."

Me- "Ok. Well you think you could get on AIM to talk about this?"

Lindsey- "Ok... well.. maybe."

(We start walking our separate ways to get to class)

Me- "Haha all 'mayb'es' and 'Idk's' for you huh? No straight answers lol Ok, bye"

Lindsey- "Bye"

------------------------------------

Now I don't know what to do. What I will NOT do is back down until I get a real answer.

I am sick of her indecisiveness, or her being too scared to hurt me.

The question is whether to ask again, or have an even more straight forward conversation with her on Monday.

I thought I would have it over with by today, but she couldn't just tell me the truth.

If I decide to have the convo. with her I should probably get to the fact that I feel strongly about her, but I need to know how she feels about me. And that I need an answer. Not an "I don't know". Not to be afraid to hurt me.

Quote Originally Posted by champbronc2 View Post
    Holy crap. So, I talked to her. Here is what happened. (To the best I can remember with commentary)

Right after Social Studies class:
    Me- "Lindsey, can I talk to you?"

Lindsey- "Oh yeah, sure"

(We walk outside the classroom and it's just me and her)

Me-"You never really planned on going with me today did you?" (Basically accusing of her of not wanting to go)

Lindsey- "I told you that I had to ask, remember? I had to ask if I could go. I can't go though because I have a Dr.'s appointment" (Kind of seemed mad that I accused her of not wanting to go, so maybe I was wrong? I hope I was..)

Me- "OK, but did you really want to go?"

Lindsey- "I don't know" (Said this VERY fast, sounded nervous)

Me- "Look, I need to know if you really wanted to go though. I mean, did you want to hang out with me?"

Lindsey- "Idk, but what were we going to do anyways? You never even told me what we were going to do."

Me- "Well, I assumed you were going to ask that back on Tuesday, not now. hehe"

Lindsey- "Well, what was it?"

Me- "You know.. I was like thinking to go to Panera, and then maybe walk to the Mall, or something. So, can do this another time?"

Lindsey- "Umm, maybe."

Me- "Ok. Well you think you could get on AIM to talk about this?"

Lindsey- "Ok... well.. maybe."

(We start walking our separate ways to get to class)

Me- "Haha all 'mayb'es' and 'Idk's' for you huh? No straight answers lol Ok, bye"

Lindsey- "Bye"

------------------------------------

Now I don't know what to do. What I will NOT do is back down until I get a real answer.

I am sick of her indecisiveness, or her being too scared to hurt me.

The question is whether to ask again, or have an even more straight forward conversation with her on Monday.

I thought I would have it over with by today, but she couldn't just tell me the truth.

If I decide to have the convo. with her I should probably get to the fact that I feel strongly about her, but I need to know how she feels about me. And that I need an answer. Not an "I don't know". Not to be afraid to hurt me.
    She's not interested.

If she was, you would know.