Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Lakers!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by armedequation View Post

I also think its funny how the celts beat us last year without bynums presence and called it a beating. This year I hope we face you again healthy is all i have to say.
    It's starting to look like you're going to have to get used to seeing the Lakers w/o Bynum.

Quote Originally Posted by The other big D View Post
    No no no. Nuggets all the way.
    Nuggets all the way until they meet the lakers again in the playoffs and the lakers sweep them
    LOS ANGELES LAKERS 2009 NBA CHAMPIONS

Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    It's starting to look like you're going to have to get used to seeing the Lakers w/o Bynum.
    sadly you are right at least until the playoffs come around

Quote Originally Posted by Gr3yStreet View Post
    Oh boy....

Guess What? It's December.

Celtics are still a MUCH better team.

No way anyone stops them from repeating.
    now it's February and we still beat the celtics at Boston and with out bynum

Lakers swap Radmanovic for Morrison

The Charlotte Bobcats traded managing partner Michael Jordan's first draft pick on Saturday, sending struggling forward Adam Morrison and reserve guard Shannon Brown to the Los Angeles Lakers for forward Vladimir Radmanovic.

Morrison
    Jordan's first major decision after becoming part owner with the final say on all basketball decisions was taking Morrison with the third overall pick in the 2006 draft over Brandon Roy, Rudy Gay and others.

The former Gonzaga star known in college for his shaggy hair and thin mustache never lived up to expectations and had fallen out of favor with first-year coach Larry Brown. He was jettisoned for the 6-foot-10 Radmanovic, who was averaging 5.9 points and 2.5 rebounds a game with the Lakers.

The move is a sign of another failed decision by Jordan, who was widely criticized for selecting Kwame Brown with the No. 1 overall pick in 2001 when he ran the Washington Wizards.

"We definitely wish him well," Bobcats general manager Rod Higgins said of Morrison. "He's a good kid and hopefully he gets an opportunity to play. You never know, he might get a chance to win a [championship] ring."

The move is the third trade the Bobcats have made this season in a roster shakeup under Brown, who is trying to get the fifth-year Bobcats to the playoffs for the first time. Radmanovic will become the 22nd player to suit up for Charlotte this season, an NBA high.

Morrison and Brown were never a good fit. Morrison's defensive deficiencies didn't mesh with Brown's style, and Morrison had failed to hit shots consistently, struggling in a starting role the past four games after small forward Gerald Wallace suffered a partially collapsed lung and a broken rib against the Lakers on Jan. 27.

Morrison, who cut his trademark hair short before this season, will get a chance to crack the Lakers' rotation and become an outside scoring threat. Morrison, who averaged a national-best 28.1 points for Gonzaga in 2005-06, missed all of last season after tearing a knee ligament in a preseason game.

Morrison, due about $5.3 million next season in the final year of his rookie contract, was averaging just 4.5 points while shooting 36 percent from the field and 34 percent from 3-point range.

The deal also gives the Lakers some salary-cap relief. Radmanovic is owed $6.5 million next season and $6.9 million a year later in a player option.

He gives the Bobcats more depth up front. Higgins said Radmanovic will likely play both small and power forward.

"Being a 6-10 guy, obviously he brings some height as well as some athleticism," Higgins said. "He's guy that can make some shots. I think he will fit in with our current roster well."

Shannon Brown was signed in the offseason and had played sparingly until Friday night, when he committed a turnover and had a shot blocked in the closing seconds of a 102-97 loss to Atlanta. A groin injury to starting shooting guard Raja Bell put Brown into the lineup.

Higgins said they were arranging for Radmanovic to fly from Cleveland, where the Lakers play the Cavaliers on Sunday, to Miami. The Bobcats play the Heat Sunday night.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Good trade imo though I liked Vlady
    27!

even without bynum, your seeing a much different team from last year. Im glad we got rid of radmanovic, for being 6'10 he lacked D especially when tagged on smaller guys. Im not saying adam will step in and be all he can be either, but im hopeful.

While ariza played in the playoffs last year, he was out all season and never got into his niche (didnt really have time to either).

Odom is finally playing up to his potential for the past several games. His physical play has also helped gasol play physical as well, kind of a "well if you can do it, i can too" type of thing.

anyhoo i do have to say the lakers are well deserving of the title of best team in the league after a fantastic 6-0 roadtrip:salute!:
    Glen Haven Fire

Quote Originally Posted by armedequation View Post

Odom is finally playing up to his potential for the past several games. His physical play has also helped gasol play physical as well, kind of a "well if you can do it, i can too" type of thing.

anyhoo i do have to say the lakers are well deserving of the title of best team in the league after a fantastic 6-0 roadtrip:salute!:
    Odom turned into James Worthy Sunday Night. If he was consistent, he'd still be a Clipper, and they'd be in the playoffs every year. Lakers are playing with intensity, and no one is matching that intensity right now. They are the best team in the league right now. It's not even close.

He gives the Bobcats more depth up front. Higgins said Radmanovic will likely play both small and power forward.

"Being a 6-10 guy, obviously he brings some height as well as some athleticism," Higgins said. "He's guy that can make some shots. I think he will fit in with our current roster well."
    ....(looks around confused)

has he seen this guy play D against most small forwards? He gets eaten alive and dont get me started about him as PF. Ever wonder why his minutes were drastically reduced this year compared to last?
    Glen Haven Fire

Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    Odom turned into James Worthy Sunday Night. If he was consistent, he'd still be a Clipper, and they'd be in the playoffs every year. Lakers are playing with intensity, and no one is matching that intensity right now. They are the best team in the league right now. It's not even close.
    when odom plays great were a lot better, now its nice to see odom playing consistent the last couple of games hopefully he stays consistent

Hopefully Lamar is measuring career years left vs championship rings. Tends to light a fire under veteranos.
    Those Indians could prove troublesome...General George Armstrong Custer

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Wade View Post
    Hopefully Lamar is measuring career years left vs championship rings. Tends to light a fire under veteranos.
    so far it has but ive noticed a bad trend with the lakers since bynum has been out. Pau and Lamar have done a tremendous job inside (especially lamar). The trend im seeing is lack of play by the guards. Im not sure when the last time ive seen fisher score more than 15pts. Farmar hasnt been up to snuff but thats partially do to his injury earlier in the year.

More so is their defensive play (guards specifically). Ive seen numerous nights where the opposing guards have lit it up.......

I dont want to see kobe score more than 35 as that usually means someones not doing their job sufficiently
    Glen Haven Fire

great back to back wins lakers keep em coming

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco_Armada View Post
    I think the Lakers suck.

Hope I see them lose in the finals again to the Celtics. Will be most delightful to watch Kobe cry and watch "The Machine" have another fit.

Grey Skies. :salute!:
    And to hear another "Kobe, tell me how my ass tastes" blast from Shaq-fu. :salute!:.......

quick stat for you:

odom has had 17+ rebounds in 6 out of the last 7 games.

russell westbrook for ROY
    Glen Haven Fire

lakers all the way baby
    broncos and lakers best teams ever
    [IMG]http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa223/cmello153/t1_champ_all.jpg[/IMG]
    the best of the best corner backs in the NFL