Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 82

Thread: Putzier Is Back

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,372
    I like the move. Putz is a surprisingly good deep threat. If Jay can get him the ball.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Madison,WI
    Posts
    18,845
    Quote Originally Posted by #28 View Post
    ol' Jeb had some nice grabs for us back in '05. Not sure how much action he'll see now, but welcome home.

    btw, I think its great how Shanahan takes care of his guys. Tater, Jeb...ex-Broncos sometimes float around the league or struggle with other teams, and Shanny lifts them up when they need work. God bless our coach.
    He should take care of Ron Dayne next...

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    14,818


    Good I like Jeb...what's he been up to lately?
    Administrator


  4. #64
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    3OH!3
    Posts
    6,727
    He won't be hung out to dry like he so often was by a certain QB we had......

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    10,406
    The downside to this is that most likely Tony Scheffler or Daniel Graham will see less catches now with another receiving TE in the mix.......but then again it was almost the same situation w/ Nate Jackson




    FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor




  6. #66
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    14,818
    Quote Originally Posted by str8jacket View Post
    He won't be hung out to dry like he so often was by a certain QB we had......
    I don't know...do you think he'll even see the field?
    Administrator


  7. #67
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,372
    Quote Originally Posted by getlynched47 View Post
    The downside to this is that most likely Tony Scheffler or Daniel Graham will see less catches now with another receiving TE in the mix.......but then again it was almost the same situation w/ Nate Jackson
    Graham hasn't been a great recieving TE , until the last couple weeks anyway.

    Jeb is a MUCH better recieveing TE.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    West PA
    Posts
    2,749

    Denver Detroit Trade

    Let me see if I got this right, We traded Foster, Tatum, and Putzier for Dre' and a draft pick like 2 or 3rd. And in the end it became Foster for Dre' and an early pick.
    I hate the Defenseless Receiver rule and the fines. Posted since '07. 2011 rule addition backhand a fool!

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    28
    As one poster already noted, Jeb had great potential with us, but every game you would see him wide open 2 or 3 times and have Jake either overthrow him, or hang him out right in front of the safety. That guy took some wicked hits. But with a QB that can actually get him the ball, I think he's a very solid pickup, especially at this point in the season. If you look at our season, whenever Sheff has been hurt, our offense has struggled. Hopefully Jeb will be able to keep things moving whenever Sheff has to come off the field.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,372
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus_miller View Post
    Let me see if I got this right, We traded Foster, Tatum, and Putzier for Dre' and a draft pick like 2 or 3rd. And in the end it became Foster for Dre' and an early pick.
    Was Putzier involved in that trade? I thought we released him, and he went to Houston.

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    12

    I'm glad Putzier is back

    I don't mind having Putzier back on the squad. He is a very powerful TE that can add strength to our already dominate TE corps.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    24,672
    Putz is a very good receiving TE.

    I think we'll need extra blockers for our lesser runningbacks.

    3 TE set with Graham, Scheff, Putz, and Bmarsh on the outside is a very mean run blocking attack, but also very good in pass catching.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,540
    I'd have to say this is a GREAT SIGNING!

    This is 10 times better than Mustard.

    The guy is like a lesser version of Tony Scheffler, which is fine by me. He's a big target, good speed, and pretty good hands.

    Great to have him back... kind of hard to believe he's almost 30 now... boy does time fly by.

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    176
    Quote Originally Posted by cadencesdad View Post
    Was Putzier involved in that trade? I thought we released him, and he went to Houston.
    He was released him along with Trevor Pryce and Mike Anderson. They were cost cutting releases.

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    176
    Quote Originally Posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
    I'd have to say this is a GREAT SIGNING!

    This is 10 times better than Mustard.

    The guy is like a lesser version of Tony Scheffler, which is fine by me. He's a big target, good speed, and pretty good hands.

    Great to have him back... kind of hard to believe he's almost 30 now... boy does time fly by.
    Mustard has always been more of a blocking TE. That one year we tried to switch him to OL (ala Dwayne Carswell). He's more in the mold of Graham.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •