Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Putzier Is Back

I like the move. Putz is a surprisingly good deep threat. If Jay can get him the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by #28 View Post
    ol' Jeb had some nice grabs for us back in '05. Not sure how much action he'll see now, but welcome home.

btw, I think its great how Shanahan takes care of his guys. Tater, Jeb...ex-Broncos sometimes float around the league or struggle with other teams, and Shanny lifts them up when they need work. God bless our coach.
    He should take care of Ron Dayne next...

Good I like Jeb...what's he been up to lately?
    Administrator

He won't be hung out to dry like he so often was by a certain QB we had......

The downside to this is that most likely Tony Scheffler or Daniel Graham will see less catches now with another receiving TE in the mix.......but then again it was almost the same situation w/ Nate Jackson

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

Quote Originally Posted by str8jacket View Post
    He won't be hung out to dry like he so often was by a certain QB we had......
    I don't know...do you think he'll even see the field?
    Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by getlynched47 View Post
    The downside to this is that most likely Tony Scheffler or Daniel Graham will see less catches now with another receiving TE in the mix.......but then again it was almost the same situation w/ Nate Jackson
    Graham hasn't been a great recieving TE , until the last couple weeks anyway.

Jeb is a MUCH better recieveing TE.

Denver Detroit Trade

Let me see if I got this right, We traded Foster, Tatum, and Putzier for Dre' and a draft pick like 2 or 3rd. And in the end it became Foster for Dre' and an early pick.
    I hate the Defenseless Receiver rule and the fines. Posted since '07. 2011 rule addition backhand a fool!

As one poster already noted, Jeb had great potential with us, but every game you would see him wide open 2 or 3 times and have Jake either overthrow him, or hang him out right in front of the safety. That guy took some wicked hits. But with a QB that can actually get him the ball, I think he's a very solid pickup, especially at this point in the season. If you look at our season, whenever Sheff has been hurt, our offense has struggled. Hopefully Jeb will be able to keep things moving whenever Sheff has to come off the field.

Quote Originally Posted by marcus_miller View Post
    Let me see if I got this right, We traded Foster, Tatum, and Putzier for Dre' and a draft pick like 2 or 3rd. And in the end it became Foster for Dre' and an early pick.
    Was Putzier involved in that trade? I thought we released him, and he went to Houston.

I'm glad Putzier is back

I don't mind having Putzier back on the squad. He is a very powerful TE that can add strength to our already dominate TE corps.

Putz is a very good receiving TE.

I think we'll need extra blockers for our lesser runningbacks.

3 TE set with Graham, Scheff, Putz, and Bmarsh on the outside is a very mean run blocking attack, but also very good in pass catching.

I'd have to say this is a GREAT SIGNING!

This is 10 times better than Mustard.

The guy is like a lesser version of Tony Scheffler, which is fine by me. He's a big target, good speed, and pretty good hands.

Great to have him back... kind of hard to believe he's almost 30 now... boy does time fly by.

Quote Originally Posted by cadencesdad View Post
    Was Putzier involved in that trade? I thought we released him, and he went to Houston.
    He was released him along with Trevor Pryce and Mike Anderson. They were cost cutting releases.

Quote Originally Posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
    I'd have to say this is a GREAT SIGNING!

This is 10 times better than Mustard.

The guy is like a lesser version of Tony Scheffler, which is fine by me. He's a big target, good speed, and pretty good hands.

Great to have him back... kind of hard to believe he's almost 30 now... boy does time fly by.
    Mustard has always been more of a blocking TE. That one year we tried to switch him to OL (ala Dwayne Carswell). He's more in the mold of Graham.