View Poll Results: Would you trade Champ Bailey for Julius Peppers?

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES!

15 19.48%
  • NO!

55 71.43%
  • I'd trade Champ for Albert Haynesworth.....

7 9.09%
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Would you trade Champ Bailey for Julius Peppers?

Champ Bailey and Julius Peppers straight up. Would you?

I would pull the trigger as fast as possible......we NEED a legit DE. CB's are a dime a dozen, just like running backs right?

If portis stayed in Denver we could have an extra superbowl the year the steelers won....

This year? with bell and bly, Portis would have been nice since our current active leading rusher is Jay Cutler.

IMO Redskins won in the trade........all signs point to Champ go by by.
    Last edited by Bigplayshay84; 12-10-2008 at 03:38 PM.

In a heartbeat.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Champ Bailey is still IMO the best CB in NFL

People have started throwing doubt his way over numbers...... its hard to have numbers when you dont even see the ball thrown your way ALL GAME LONG (which happened, Champ hadn't had a SINGLE pass attempt his way in the 2 full weeks prior to New England, and he had Moss locked down in that game prior to the injury)

Quote Originally Posted by Danny11068 View Post
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Champ Bailey is still IMO the best CB in NFL

People have started throwing doubt his way over numbers...... its hard to have numbers when you dont even see the ball thrown your way ALL GAME LONG (which happened, Champ hadn't had a SINGLE pass attempt his way in the 2 full weeks prior to New England, and he had Moss locked down in that game prior to the injury)
    And in that time we still gave up an atrocious QB Passer Rating to every single team we played.

Sure, he didn't have balls thrown his way. That just doubles the number of passes thrown to Bly and co.

Big, freaking, deal. No passes thrown his way, we still had a crappy pass defense.

Who does Carolina have at corner? Now look at the defensive line. The secondary doesn't matter as much now, does it?

Why trade for him when we could have both this March?

lol...i wont trade the best corner in the league for noone..
    i dont care who u is..
    My Fav 3 Broncos... 1. Demaryius 2. Von 3. Chris

Quote Originally Posted by darrentwill27 View Post
    lol...i wont trade the best corner in the league for noone..
    i dont care who u is..
    Oh god.....

man

I tell you thiese half-a** fans really get on my nerves Champ is the best CB in football period

cosign^^^^
    My Fav 3 Broncos... 1. Demaryius 2. Von 3. Chris

Quote Originally Posted by BigMike05 View Post
    I tell you thiese half-a** fans really get on my nerves Champ is the best CB in football period
    So?

You obviously don't have any idea how football works.

If you don't get pressure on the QB, he has all day, the longer he has, you can have the best secondary in the NFL (we have it, according to many here) and it won't do jack ****.

Quote Originally Posted by str8jacket View Post
    And in that time we still gave up an atrocious QB Passer Rating to every single team we played.

Sure, he didn't have balls thrown his way. That just doubles the number of passes thrown to Bly and co.

Big, freaking, deal. No passes thrown his way, we still had a crappy pass defense.

Who does Carolina have at corner? Now look at the defensive line. The secondary doesn't matter as much now, does it?
    EXACTLY.

Why are you gonna own a nice hot red Ferrari if you are just gonna keep it in the garage all summer?

WHY?

because you can't afford the gas to drive it.

great analogy by bigplayjay.

Quote Originally Posted by BigMike05 View Post
    he may be......but look at it from Bly's perspective.....when champ is healthy.

bly has to think about it all week, "they are gonna attack me all game" that plays a little game in your head.

look at Bly now, he is making plays and he is a leader, because he is the best corner out there now and that is all we need.

sure AROD is the greatest....but he is overpaid and he isn't helping the yankees do jack.

I would rather invest that money into a nice front 9 (lbs, d-line, safeties)

If pacman can play CB than most anyone can.......he is a luxury that this team doesn't need.

cough cough cough LT in SD when they had Turner "I'm better now" the burner.

Nope.

Champ is a better CB than Peppers is a DE. I honestly don't think that Peppers would make enough of a difference at this stage in his career that it would be worth it. Not on this defense. Even though he has a ton of skill, he tends to slump more often than not. How many probowls has he been to? A more fair question - how many years has he actually put up probowl numbers?

A lot of guys put him up on a pedestal as if he's a top 5 DE, but the truth is, he's just not. He's not another Jason Taylor, Mike Strahan, or Simeon Rice. Would you trade Champ for Terrell Suggs? I wouldn't, he's the product of a good player playing on a fantastic defense.

Has anyone given any thought to the notion that maybe Peppers just plays in a good defensive scheme for a great defensive coach? It's not any different than what the NY Giants do with DEs. Umenyiora, Tuck, and Kiwanuka are very good, but they benefit from a GREAT defensive scheme.

It's not any different than Shanny taking mediocre RBs that fail elsewhere and turning them into productive ballcarriers. He even made Jake Plummer a playoff QB!

I think Peppers is another instance of a guy who would be productive in the right scheme, but like so many other big name FAs, he really wouldn't do a lot here in Denver.

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Joe View Post
    Why trade for him when we could have both this March?

good point, what you dont know....that the panthers do....is that Julius is either staying or he is gonna get traded in a blockbuster deal kinda like champ portis.

I miss Portis and his 12 weeks of awesomeness a season.