View Poll Results: Would you trade Champ Bailey for Julius Peppers?

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES!

15 19.48%
  • NO!

55 71.43%
  • I'd trade Champ for Albert Haynesworth.....

7 9.09%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Champ does more than most people even know for the team, I wouldnt trade him for the entire steeler's defense.....

and no, im not claiming champ alone outdoes the steelers D im just saying, id still keep champ

Quote Originally Posted by Danny11068 View Post
    Champ does more than most people even know for the team, I wouldnt trade him for the entire steeler's defense.....

and no, im not claiming champ alone outdoes the steelers D im just saying, id still keep champ
    wow dude just wow

that is quite possibly one of the most retarded things i have EVER read anywhere in my life
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    Champ is a better CB than Peppers is a DE. I honestly don't think that Peppers would make enough of a difference at this stage in his career that it would be worth it. Not on this defense. Even though he has a ton of skill, he tends to slump more often than not. How many probowls has he been to? A more fair question - how many years has he actually put up probowl numbers?

A lot of guys put him up on a pedestal as if he's a top 5 DE, but the truth is, he's just not. He's not another Jason Taylor, Mike Strahan, or Simeon Rice. Would you trade Champ for Terrell Suggs? I wouldn't, he's the product of a good player playing on a fantastic defense.

Has anyone given any thought to the notion that maybe Peppers just plays in a good defensive scheme for a great defensive coach? It's not any different than what the NY Giants do with DEs. Umenyiora, Tuck, and Kiwanuka are very good, but they benefit from a GREAT defensive scheme.

It's not any different than Shanny taking mediocre RBs that fail elsewhere and turning them into productive ballcarriers. He even made Jake Plummer a playoff QB!

I think Peppers is another instance of a guy who would be productive in the right scheme, but like so many other big name FAs, he really wouldn't do a lot here in Denver.

Champ is at that same stage in his career.

he eventually wont make much of a difference.

and it really pisses me off that he just gets into the probowl without even playing.........the guy is smart, he just makes QB's think he is gonna pick it even if he can't(I've seen him get beat on easy plays many a time.)

His INT's have dropped off significantly.....Peppers just had 7 sacks in 3 games.....you can't argue with that.

Yes. No doubt about it. Champ is one of my all time favorite Broncos but Julius Peppers and Haynesworth would make our defense a lot better than it would be with Champ.

Champ is probably the best CB off all time but GREAT defensive lineman are much more important than a great CB.

Sig by Peerless

Quote Originally Posted by darrentwill27 View Post
    cosign^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by BigMike05 View Post
    I tell you thiese half-a** fans really get on my nerves Champ is the best CB in football period
    I just added both of your total post counts and they aren't even 20% of mine. Who are you calling a half assed fan? get off ur arse and do your homework lil kid.

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    Champ is a better CB than Peppers is a DE. I honestly don't think that Peppers would make enough of a difference at this stage in his career that it would be worth it. Not on this defense. Even though he has a ton of skill, he tends to slump more often than not. How many probowls has he been to? A more fair question - how many years has he actually put up probowl numbers?

A lot of guys put him up on a pedestal as if he's a top 5 DE, but the truth is, he's just not. He's not another Jason Taylor, Mike Strahan, or Simeon Rice. Would you trade Champ for Terrell Suggs? I wouldn't, he's the product of a good player playing on a fantastic defense.

Has anyone given any thought to the notion that maybe Peppers just plays in a good defensive scheme for a great defensive coach? It's not any different than what the NY Giants do with DEs. Umenyiora, Tuck, and Kiwanuka are very good, but they benefit from a GREAT defensive scheme.

It's not any different than Shanny taking mediocre RBs that fail elsewhere and turning them into productive ballcarriers. He even made Jake Plummer a playoff QB!

I think Peppers is another instance of a guy who would be productive in the right scheme, but like so many other big name FAs, he really wouldn't do a lot here in Denver.
    Fun fact. Peppers is number 4 in the league in sacks right now.

Another, he ranks 22nd with 44 tackles.

Another, he causes turnovers. He has forced 5 this year. (Tops among D-Linemen tied for 2nd overall)

Sorry, failure Epic. Isn't the same player he "used to be"? In his 6 year career, he has missed a grand total of 6 games. He has almost beaten his career high in sacks. And he still has 3 games to go. 4 pass deflections. Thats more than our entire DEFENSIVE LINE ROSTER COMBINED.

My god, saying he is not as good as he once was is just straight up stupid.

Champ is older, so if anyone is on the slide, it would be him.

Hell No!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by str8jacket View Post
    Fun fact. Peppers is number 4 in the league in sacks right now.

Another, he ranks 22nd with 44 tackles.

Another, he causes turnovers. He has forced 5 this year. (Tops among D-Linemen tied for 2nd overall)

Sorry, failure Epic. Isn't the same player he "used to be"? In his 6 year career, he has missed a grand total of 6 games. He has almost beaten his career high in sacks. And he still has 3 games to go. 4 pass deflections. Thats more than our entire DEFENSIVE LINE ROSTER COMBINED.

My god, saying he is not as good as he once was is just straight up stupid.

Champ is older, so if anyone is on the slide, it would be him.
    i think hes saying that because we have a crappy scheme we need to stick with crappy player . . . . since they go hand in hand maybe idk
    -------

NO. We must get a great d-linemen to team with champ and dre, thats the quickest way we will see at least a respectable defense. I truly believe that we are a couple solid pass rushers away from being a strong super bowl contender. Yes, we could use a franchise running back, or a solid MLB or a safety, but nabbing a couple great d-linemen would help this team the most.

Quote Originally Posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
    i think hes saying that because we have a crappy scheme we need to stick with crappy player . . . . since they go hand in hand maybe idk
    Watching that game against Tampa Peppers singly handedly took that game over on defense for the Panthers.

Quote Originally Posted by iowabronco24 View Post
    NO. We must get a great d-linemen to team with champ and dre, thats the quickest way we will see at least a respectable defense. I truly believe that we are a couple solid pass rushers away from being a strong super bowl contender. Yes, we could use a franchise running back, or a solid MLB or a safety, but nabbing a couple great d-linemen would help this team the most.
    wouldnt we be doing exactly that if we took peppers for champ . . . champ is nothing when he has no help

if this opportunity came up it would be easier than champ and a second for portis

also the Panthers would NOT do this trade straight up like this because we would be ripping them off so bad with it
    -------

wouldnt we be doing exactly that if we took peppers for champ . . . champ is nothing when he has no help

if this opportunity came up it would be easier than champ and a second for portis

also the Panthers would NOT do this trade straight up like this because we would be ripping them off so bad with it
    Not to mention, Bell has been playing out of his freaking mind for us at Corner.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny11068 View Post

HAHA, believe me I love champ as much as the next guy. He has been my favorite bronco, but if the steeler's said give me champ and we'll give you our starting 11 on D, you really wouldn't do it? Can you imagine if the broncos had the best defense in the nfl right now? Hello Superbowl.

Quote Originally Posted by iowabronco24 View Post
    HAHA, believe me I love champ as much as the next guy. He has been my favorite bronco, but if the steeler's said give me champ and we'll give you our starting 11 on D, you really wouldn't do it? Can you imagine if the broncos had the best defense in the nfl right now? Hello Superbowl.
    haha like i said that was the most retarded statement have ever seen in my life . . . . they are number 1 in the 4 big categories on D still i believe

#1 run D
    #1 pass D
    #1 scoring D
    #1 total YPG
    -------

Yes we would. I will admit I'm biased when it comes to trading champ because he is my favorite player, and I agree that the panthers would not do this straight up. Believe me I know exactly what you are saying, I would take a great D-line before anything.

Let me try to make a better case for not trading champ for peppers...

With all the cap space we have coming this off season, lets not trade him for peppers, but instead try to use some of that money to bring in 1 DOMINANT d-linemen or 2 solid d-linemen to team with champ, dre and bell. Am I on the right track here?