View Poll Results: Would you trade Champ Bailey for Julius Peppers?

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES!

    15 19.48%
  • NO!

    55 71.43%
  • I'd trade Champ for Albert Haynesworth.....

    7 9.09%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 62
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Gurnee, IL
    Posts
    8,423
    Quote Originally Posted by iowabronco24 View Post
    Yes we would. I will admit I'm biased when it comes to trading champ because he is my favorite player, and I agree that the panthers would not do this straight up. Believe me I know exactly what you are saying, I would take a great D-line before anything.

    Let me try to make a better case for not trading champ for peppers...

    With all the cap space we have coming this off season, lets not trade him for peppers, but instead try to use some of that money to bring in 1 DOMINANT d-linemen or 2 solid d-linemen to team with champ, dre and bell. Am I on the right track here?
    there really are not many unless you want to consider suggs for our team but he is mainly an OLB/DE hybrid or we could take a shot at haynesworth with no telling where he will go

    but im with you that if we can keep champ while improving our Dline im all for it but the question was only would you trade champ for peppers

    and yes is easily my answer to the question, i mean we could go into what if and how tos all day
    -------

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Serenity
    Posts
    12,084
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigplayshay84 View Post
    Champ Bailey and Julius Peppers straight up. Would you?


    I would pull the trigger as fast as possible......we NEED a legit DE. CB's are a dime a dozen, just like running backs right?

    If portis stayed in Denver we could have an extra superbowl the year the steelers won....

    This year? with bell and bly, Portis would have been nice since our current active leading rusher is Jay Cutler.


    IMO Redskins won in the trade........all signs point to Champ go by by.
    Cornerbacks are a dime a dozen? True. But ELITE cornerbacks are extremely hard to find. Top DEs are easier to find but the Broncos just haven't done it.

    Denver got the better of the Bailey-Portis trade. Portis is a very good back. But Bailey is one of the best cornerbacks of all time. Add in a 2nd round pick and Denver wins hands down.


    As for Peppers, the Broncos obviously need an elite DE. But trading away Bailey to get him would just trade one problem area for another. The only thing that even makes this trade worth a little thought is that I truly believe you build a team starting with both lines. But Peppers wouldn't solve our problems all by himself.

    In fact, I think a really good DT (can you say Haynesworth? ) would help this defense a lot more than a really good DE. But even then, we should try to improve our defensive line in some way other than trading away the best player on our team.
    "You can't take the sky from me..."
    ------
    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Serenity
    Posts
    12,084
    Quote Originally Posted by cutler7624 View Post
    Yes. No doubt about it. Champ is one of my all time favorite Broncos but Julius Peppers and Haynesworth would make our defense a lot better than it would be with Champ.

    Champ is probably the best CB off all time but GREAT defensive lineman are much more important than a great CB.
    Well, if they could finagle a trade that netted BOTH Peppers and Haynesworth for Champ, I'd go for that.
    "You can't take the sky from me..."
    ------
    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

  4. #34
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    4,151
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMike05 View Post
    I tell you thiese half-a** fans really get on my nerves Champ is the best CB in football period
    So we should trade Paymah for Peppers straight up

    If you are talking trade you need to give something to get something. What the OP is really asking is would you prefer an all pro LDE or an all pro CB?

    It is a legit question.
    My 2011 starting defense

    R Ayers - B Cofield - A Haynesworth - CJ ohnson
    J Anderson - J Beason - DJ Williams
    R Bailey - P Amukamara - R Hill - A Goodman

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    12

    Hell no!

    Never in my life would i ever consider trading Champ for Peppers. We already have awesome DL with Elvis Dumervill, Tim Crowder, and everyone who lines up next to them. It is hard to come by a CB with as much talent as Champ so i think that it would be very dumb to trade Bailey for Peppers.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Gurnee, IL
    Posts
    8,423
    Quote Originally Posted by The White Knight View Post
    Never in my life would i ever consider trading Champ for Peppers. We already have awesome DL with Elvis Dumervill, Tim Crowder, and everyone who lines up next to them. It is hard to come by a CB with as much talent as Champ so i think that it would be very dumb to trade Bailey for Peppers.

    ahh ahahahahahaha
    -------

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    10,408
    Where is the HELL NOoption??




    FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor




  8. #38
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Gurnee, IL
    Posts
    8,423
    Quote Originally Posted by getlynched47 View Post
    Where is the HELL NOoption??
    why what does champ do for this defense honetly
    -------

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    10,408
    Quote Originally Posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
    why what does champ do for this defense honetly
    he shuts down his side of the field....making Dre' Bly look like a fool on the other side of the field




    FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor




  10. #40
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    16,002
    Quote Originally Posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
    why what does champ do for this defense honetly
    Shutsdown ANY reciever we put him on...so no matter how big the weapon we eliminate him with one guy...HOW MANY other teams can say that ? ur dumb


    Bailey gets more picks than catches allowed...

  11. #41
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,258
    At both of their respective ages, I would stay pat with Bailey. I think a true shutdown quarter is harder to find than a legitimate everydown pass rusher.
    XboxLive GamerTag: ShizzleDizzle05 (Accepts all friend requests from fellow Broncos fans)

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Gurnee, IL
    Posts
    8,423
    Quote Originally Posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
    Shutsdown ANY reciever we put him on...so no matter how big the weapon we eliminate him with one guy...HOW MANY other teams can say that ? ur dumb


    Bailey gets more picks than catches allowed...
    wow are you five . . .

    that arguement is sooo old it doesnt even matter that he shuts down his side of the field becuase everywhere else we get torn up because of NO PASS RUSH . . . so without bailey maybe we drop from 28th D to 30th that would be so terrible and such a loss

    bailey has how many picks this year . . . 1-2 lol that was such a stupid and false comment.

    fact is teams can avoid champ EASILY you cant avoid a great DE like Peppers
    Last edited by SBboundBRONCOS; 12-10-2008 at 06:00 PM.
    -------

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Gurnee, IL
    Posts
    8,423
    Quote Originally Posted by Shsonline View Post
    At both of their respective ages, I would stay pat with Bailey. I think a true shutdown quarter is harder to find than a legitimate everydown pass rusher.
    sure they are harder to find because teams have learned you dont need a true shutdown corner no winning team has very good corners except us, who else has a tru shutdown CB . . . . CLEARLY you dont need them to win in this league

    also they may be easier to find but they are also more valuable peppers is what 3-4 years younger than bailey maybe 5

    its so clear you take peppers
    -------

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    16,002
    Quote Originally Posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
    wow are you five . . .

    that arguement is sooo old it doesnt even matter that he shuts down his side of the field becuase everywhere else we get torn up because of NO PASS RUSH . . . so without bailey maybe we drop from 28th D to 30th that would be so terrible

    bailey has how many picks this year . . . 1-2 lol that was such a stupid and false comment.

    fact is teams can avoid champ EASILY you cant avoid a great DE like Peppers
    lol you don't appreciate havin' Bailey cuz you're use to him....watch wat happens wen Peppers gets to the QB in 2 seconds, but he heaves it down the right side for a TD because that's how long it took for his reciever to get open...

    Ask the Saints if they'd have Bailey or peppers hahaha, they know what having horrible Corners is like...

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Gurnee, IL
    Posts
    8,423
    Quote Originally Posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
    lol you don't appreciate havin' Bailey cuz you're use to him....watch wat happens wen Peppers gets to the QB in 2 seconds, but he heaves it down the right side for a TD because that's how long it took for his reciever to get open...

    Ask the Saints if they'd have Bailey or peppers hahaha, they know what having horrible Corners is like...
    they have HORRIBLE CBs you only need decent ones . . . .but they also never had a very good line or LBers, their whole D is pathetic

    but if were gonna play that game why dont you ask the giants who they would rather have justin tuck or bailey . . . or the ravens with suggs or bailey . . . maybe dwight freeney or bailey, mario williams or bailey, joey porter or bailey, shall i keep going . . . Allen or bailey,

    lol you fail bud

    no top defensive team has a CB as good as bailey or anywhere close for that matter
    -------

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •