View Poll Results: Would you trade Champ Bailey for Julius Peppers?

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES!

15 19.48%
  • NO!

55 71.43%
  • I'd trade Champ for Albert Haynesworth.....

7 9.09%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
    they have HORRIBLE CBs you only need decent ones . . . .but they also never had a very good line or LBers, their whole D is pathetic

but if were gonna play that game why dont you ask the giants who they would rather have justin tuck or bailey . . . or the ravens with suggs or bailey . . . maybe dwight freeney or bailey, mario williams or bailey, joey porter or bailey, shall i keep going . . . Allen or bailey,

lol you fail bud

no top defensive team has a CB as good as bailey or anywhere close for that matter
    go easy on the noob SB.....

dont u think that your mom would be ashamed of you if she found out that you were picking on noobs???

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

Quote Originally Posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
    they have HORRIBLE CBs you only need decent ones . . . .but they also never had a very good line or LBers, their whole D is pathetic

but if were gonna play that game why dont you ask the giants who they would rather have justin tuck or bailey . . . or the ravens with suggs or bailey . . . maybe dwight freeney or bailey, mario williams or bailey, joey porter or bailey, shall i keep going . . . Allen or bailey,

lol you fail bud

no top defensive team has a CB as good as bailey or anywhere close for that matter
    I couldn't trade Bailey because I love how even tho we've let him down as a team he always gives 100% and never lets us down...except for what...once lol

but yeah I agree the line is HUGE when building a D...so let's keep drafting great...not trade our BEST player..and I mean best as in best at his pos...nobody plays their pos. on this team better than bailey plays cb..

Quote Originally Posted by getlynched47 View Post
    go easy on the noob SB.....

dont u think that your mom would be ashamed of you if she found out that you were picking on noobs???
    first of all...not a noob....just cuz I haven't been a member in here...doesn't mean i haven't studied football all my life...it's my passion... i just used to purely read this msg board, but i got too sick ha had to post...

and second of all he was cool...never disrespectful or anythin' ha...idk if you were bein sarcastic but just to be clear...

Quote Originally Posted by Danny11068 View Post
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Champ Bailey is still IMO the best CB in NFL

People have started throwing doubt his way over numbers...... its hard to have numbers when you dont even see the ball thrown your way ALL GAME LONG (which happened, Champ hadn't had a SINGLE pass attempt his way in the 2 full weeks prior to New England, and he had Moss locked down in that game prior to the injury)
    exactly who in their right mind would trade the best corner in football for peppers or anyone else, i know i wouldnt :salute!:
    LOS ANGELES LAKERS 2009 NBA CHAMPIONS

Quote Originally Posted by miguel_fdz92 View Post
    exactly who in their right mind would trade the best corner in football for peppers or anyone else, i know i wouldnt :salute!:
    wut up miguel?

Champ is solid...he's not going anywhere :salute!:

Okay, I cleaned up the thread a bit. Obviously tempers will flare up now and then but we need to ask that everyone calm down a bit.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Javalon View Post
    Okay, I cleaned up the thread a bit. Obviously tempers will flare up now and then but we need to ask that everyone calm down a bit.

Thanks!
    sorry about that......I just couldnt understand why he was so angry with me.

No more problems here Jav :salute!:

Not even after hell freezes over!

The main argument for DE is pass rush. I think to improve our pass rush we need better Blitz packages from the LBers, S and CB.

I hope the young DE we got have a short learning curve and IMO we have built DE enough through the draft and trades. It's time to work on other areas and hope it all comes together.

If a player is a free agent then I think we can afford one or two. TRADE for big price DE.... I say no...... We have used enough picks and money to get the young DEs we got.. One more off-season and they should be up to par. We are built enough at DE and a superstar would be great but not via losing a superstar and not before we work on other areas such as S, LB, HB, and possible DT or OL, areas we haven't worked on for a while.......................................

Not to mention losing Champ, Moss, Owens, Ward, Walker, Wayne, Buress, Smith, Moss, and etc.. would eat use up. Dre' would do well against them but i say give me both because we can.
    I hate the Defenseless Receiver rule and the fines. Posted since '07. 2011 rule addition backhand a fool!

Trading a Great defensive player when your defense sucks is counterproductive, imo, I'd have to really consider this trade but would have to pass.

Peppers will not be available through free agency, so a trade would be the only way to get him, but I just can't see trading your best defensive player, especially when that player is a HoFer still in his prime.

And, believe me, I understand the "Our defense sucks WITH him", touche, but with this trade you'd just be robbing Peter to pay Paul, you'd be be depleting one position to improve another.......that's fine if you're loaded at that position but they're not loaded at CB. This would be spinning your wheels.

Besides, if the logic holds true that having a Great DE is better/more important than having a Great CB, then why would Carolina make that trade? They have Julius Peppers at DE and that's it, and other than Peppers (12.5), Lewis (3.5), Johnson (5) and Brayton (2.5), nobody else has more than 1 1/2 of their 29 sacks.

If Denver were to try to use Champ Bailey to get a DE, they'd be better off targeting a team that wouldn't be so screwed without theirs, but a player like Peppers is one of the few DE's worth trading Bailey for.

Btw, some people might think that Peppers is overrated, and after his 07 season you could make that argument, but after this season I don't think Carolina thinks he's overrated.......
    Last edited by stnzed; 12-11-2008 at 06:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by str8jacket View Post
    Fun fact. Peppers is number 4 in the league in sacks right now.

Another, he ranks 22nd with 44 tackles.

Another, he causes turnovers. He has forced 5 this year. (Tops among D-Linemen tied for 2nd overall)

Sorry, failure Epic. Isn't the same player he "used to be"? In his 6 year career, he has missed a grand total of 6 games. He has almost beaten his career high in sacks. And he still has 3 games to go. 4 pass deflections. Thats more than our entire DEFENSIVE LINE ROSTER COMBINED.

My god, saying he is not as good as he once was is just straight up stupid.

Champ is older, so if anyone is on the slide, it would be him.
    So where was he last year str8? The year before? Sure, he's having a good season thus far, but for all this year's stats, what is the TRACK RECORD? I'm saying the guy is on the downside of his career. He's nearing 30 just like most of the other big-name, high-priced vets. Why throw a proven commodity (Champ has proven time and again that he thrives in our defense as he would anywhere) at another high priced vet when guys like Harrison in Pittsburgh are doing even BETTER without the big name or price tag.

My point is, once again, this isn't Madden. You can't just continue to dilute the talent pool on your roster with trade after trade for other flashy "superstar" players and hope that it will turn out like it's supposed to. If signing big name, over priced FAs won Championships, Dallas would be walking away with the NFC right now. It takes good players with good team chemistry to win. THE GIANTS DON'T GO OUT AND BLOW MILLIONS ON BIG NAME FAs EVERY OFFSEASON! They build from within. Their only real "big name" FAs are Burress (look where he's at now) and Antonio Pierce (funny, he's a little too close to the Burress situation).

I'm not knocking Peppers, I just don't see the need to weaken one area of the defense while attempting to strengthen another, especially because we don't even know if Peppers would do well here or not!

Quote Originally Posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
    lol you don't appreciate havin' Bailey cuz you're use to him....watch wat happens wen Peppers gets to the QB in 2 seconds, but he heaves it down the right side for a TD because that's how long it took for his reciever to get open...

Ask the Saints if they'd have Bailey or peppers hahaha, they know what having horrible Corners is like...
    Ok, I said no on the trade but the people that said yes have a respectable point. And the fact is i've watched what happends without bailey the last 6 games, and never have I once seen us get pressure in 2 seconds and have the qb bomb it up for a long touchdown, just hasn't happened. Are you one of those people that wonder why we have had such a bad pass defense the past couple of years even though we have all pro corners like dre and champ? It is because of the non existence of the pass rush. I can see where there would be disagreements on both sides, but lets face it, its Champ Bailey and Julius Peppers, neither side can be too wrong when it comes to these 2 dominant players. And for those people who act like this would be the dumbest trade ever, we do need defensive linemen, and Peppers is arguably the most dominant d-linemen in the league, so maybe you should at least think about that point before you make ignorant comments toward the "trade champ" people. I agree some people have come up with some dumb suggestions for trading champ, however peppers is not one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by BigMike05 View Post
    I tell you thiese half-a** fans really get on my nerves Champ is the best CB in football period
    Truth.

Quote Originally Posted by str8jacket View Post
    So?

You obviously don't have any idea how football works.

If you don't get pressure on the QB, he has all day, the longer he has, you can have the best secondary in the NFL (we have it, according to many here) and it won't do jack ****.

I have an excellent idea how football works, and if you trade a guy like Champ, you'll regret it. Champ is the rare breed of game changing DBs. Pressure is easy to create (see:2005). We did alot with nobody, and Champ was a stud. Same in 06. Since 2007 people are hoping off Champ like its in style. Seriously, Pep is playing for a contract, surprise surprise he goes from 2.5 sacks to 12.5 and counting. Im not hating but you guys undervalue Champ to the point where its just absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by iowabronco24 View Post
    Yes we would. I will admit I'm biased when it comes to trading champ because he is my favorite player, and I agree that the panthers would not do this straight up. Believe me I know exactly what you are saying, I would take a great D-line before anything.

Let me try to make a better case for not trading champ for peppers...

With all the cap space we have coming this off season, lets not trade him for peppers, but instead try to use some of that money to bring in 1 DOMINANT d-linemen or 2 solid d-linemen to team with champ, dre and bell. Am I on the right track here?
    Seriously, these is no need for this trade Champ crap. We have so much extra cap space. All we need to do is USE some of it and acquire a good pass-rusher and maybe safety. All the other defensive concerns can be addressed thru the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Joe View Post
    Truth.

I have an excellent idea how football works, and if you trade a guy like Champ, you'll regret it. Champ is the rare breed of game changing DBs. Pressure is easy to create (see:2005). We did alot with nobody, and Champ was a stud. Same in 06. Since 2007 people are hoping off Champ like its in style. Seriously, Pep is playing for a contract, surprise surprise he goes from 2.5 sacks to 12.5 and counting. Im not hating but you guys undervalue Champ to the point where its just absurd.
    WOW GREATLY PUT ...exactly!! UNDERVALUE...you guys think he's just worth nothing it's amazing...the BEST CB to ever play the game and you think we...could POSSIBLY get a 2nd rounder?? it's so dumb...he said it perfect...Be true fans and love the players that never let you down...don't talk about trading 'em...

Why would you trade your best player? We have cap room to make a splash in free agency if we so desire.