Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Lightbulb Saints WILL NOT Re-Sign Jonathan Vilma: Do You Want Him?

The Saints will not give contract-year MLB Jonathan Vilma an extension before the season ends, according to NFL.com's Adam Schefter.

Had they done so, the draft choice the Jets got for Vilma would upgrade from a fourth- to a second-round pick. That and Vilma's mediocre play made the decision easy for the Saints. Vilma ranks sixth in the NFL with 104 tackles (76 solo), but hasn't made a big difference for New Orleans' rush defense.

Would you like the Broncos to go after him?

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

ummmm..

HELL YES!

but then again what do we do with dj and wes??

If indeed dj is back to mlb and wes is wlb then we really have no need for vilma. so then i would say no.
    For now....
    1. Reuben Badass LB; 2. Joe Mixon RB; 3. Jake Butt TE; 3B Sid Jones DB; 4. Bucky Hoges TE; 6. Ryan Switzer WR. Trade for Sheldon Richardson.

Jonathan Vilma>Nate Webster

weakside-wooyard, middle-DJ,strong side-Vilma
    Sounds excellent, i'm gonna try it out on madden and make sure everything works.
    [IMG]http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/07TQ6Xb3NFfAH/340x.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    ummmm..

HELL YES!

but then again what do we do with dj and wes??

If indeed dj is back to mlb and wes is wlb then we really have no need for vilma. so then i would say no.
    yes and no???

Just put D.J. and Wes on the sides and give D.J. the weakside cuz that's what he wants. Woodyard is talented but we didn't give D.J. all that money to be on the bench on third down. It's sad how people want to write off D.J. cuz he's been injured. D.J. wasn't playing with Winborn or Woodyard so give him a chance to play and then assess the situation.
    With these Bronx thru no matter what!!!

Arrow

Having vilma could cover 3 things denver is lacking on the defense.
    #1-HELP STOPPING THE RUN(even though we are improving on that late in the season)
    #2-CONSISTENCY
    #3-LEADERSHIP( like wilson was wen we went to the afc championship)

Lets see. Vilma has been a good middle LB for his entire career.. all the way through college and pros... and DJ has been a weakside LB through college and most of pros.... and we want to move DJ to middle??

You don't spend the money that Vilma will ask for, to put at a position that can be filled with your least talented LB. Thats why I wouldn't put DJ in a position that can be filled with the least talented of any of your LBs.

Yes.. I would love to get a talented MLB... but NOT to put DJ at strong side

IMO teaming Williams and Vilma back up would be great. Good college teamates and i thinkt theyve said before that theyd love to play together

Quote Originally Posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
    IMO teaming Williams and Vilma back up would be great. Good college teamates and i thinkt theyve said before that theyd love to play together
    i forgot that they both went to Miami .............

Quote Originally Posted by getlynched47 View Post
    hasn't made a big difference for New Orleans' rush defense.

NO, that above says it all. If he couldn't even improve the Saint's D, how much better would he be here. I like his playing style, but he hasn't been playing like the Vilma I know. And isn't DJ planned to be the new starting MLB? if so, what would be the point in bringing in Vilma then. We have Woodyard who can do what DJ does at strong side and DJ can do what Vilma can do in the middle. So that all about eliminates Vilma from being our MLB next season.

Quote Originally Posted by getlynched47 View Post
    The Saints will not give contract-year MLB Jonathan Vilma an extension before the season ends, according to NFL.com's Adam Schefter.

Had they done so, the draft choice the Jets got for Vilma would upgrade from a fourth- to a second-round pick. That and Vilma's mediocre play made the decision easy for the Saints. Vilma ranks sixth in the NFL with 104 tackles (76 solo), but hasn't made a big difference for New Orleans' rush defense.

It's hard to say. IMO their need is at the tackle position. They are not controlling the trenches.

I think Vilma is a good LB. Hiring him would just depend on the price. IMO

We could have DJ, Terrell Suggs, and Ray Lewis/Brian Urlacher/AnyothergoodMLB, and without a line, it wouldnt make a difference.

IMO.

Hooray, beer!

I would love to have him but it's not going to happen....

Can you imagine the chemistry that he and DJ would have with one another?

It would be a dynamic duo and throw Woodyard in the mix and it's just even more knasty.

Hopefully Shanny cuts the fat with B. Bailey and Niko, those two = bust.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=31018&dateline=138207  1129

Quote Originally Posted by 24SuperChamp View Post
    I would love to have him but it's not going to happen....

Can you imagine the chemistry that he and DJ would have with one another?

It would be a dynamic duo and throw Woodyard in the mix and it's just even more knasty.

Hopefully Shanny cuts the fat with B. Bailey and Niko, those two = bust.
    in all fairness, Boss Bailey was playing extremely well before his injury, I'd hardly say that he was a bust

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    It's hard to say. IMO their need is at the tackle position. They are not controlling the trenches.

I think Vilma is a good LB. Hiring him would just depend on the price. IMO
    I'd get Vilma if we got rid of Boss Bailey and didn't get penalized too much for it in the Cap... basically a Boss for Vilma.

No point in strangling ourselves with so much money the LB's. That would mean Williams, Vilma and Bailey all being paid very well, and thus we'd need to have them on the field... leaving Woodyard out of the mix as a LB.