View Poll Results: Who should get the most carries sunday?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tatum Bell

4 12.50%
  • Selvin Young

4 12.50%
  • PJ Pope

24 75.00%
Page 56 of 73 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56 57 58 66 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sendacash View Post
    Shiat, I bet at least 1/3 of "Charger fans" own some Raider gear.
    I admit, I own Raiders gear...but it smells like urine and has burn marks.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoKazuki View Post
    we had a chance to pick up choice in the 4th and blew it, we had chances to get Forte in 4th as well and many others.

nooo we got defensive players who are just barely showing what they got, and we got a bust in Cant Stay Healthy Torain who may just end up on a practice squad.

makes you think about something hard huh... Denver really needs an RB because Jay for as good as he is cannot do it alone and he was trying to this game... ended as a loss but he ran for 2 TD's and almost got us to win. Two turnovers the Fumble Marshall did and the Int maybe the game would have been different or maybe not because... no run game = a very one dimensonal Denver team.

No more Bargan bin RB's (5th and lower)
    Forte was drafted in the 2nd. I was pulling for him to be drafted there but I'm happy with the Royal pick too.

I don't know, but how about that pathetic effort on the long pass play to Jackson?

Chump did not even TRY to make a tackle, instead he ran the last 15 yards swiping at the ball like a High School player would....hell, Josh Bell can do that.

I am really getting sick of Bailey living off past hype.

Then again, when the Head Coach does it, I guess it becomes contagious.

I would trade Chumps over-rated butt as soon as I could in the offseason.

Disgusting.

He is supposed to be this great leader, this great motivator of his teammates, but really what happens is he allows their bad habits to rub off on him too often.

Quote Originally Posted by mojo0730 View Post
    Mike Shanahan has proven almost completely inept at being able to draft talented defensive players. This isn't a total shot at Shanahan - it's simply the truth. When Greg Robinson and Larry Coyer were here, they were at least capable enough to scheme around the lack of talent defensively, but once those poor defensive drafts caught up to the team, Shanahan eventually scapegoated both men.

So I'm sorry if I'm not totally convinced that Shanahan can turn this defense around in one offseason. I honestly think that this defense will remain mostly as we've seen it until Shanahan leaves this team.
    I understand what your saying but I'm really hoping with this recent surge of young talent that we can hit the lottery next year with some defensive talent. Because our defense has been a total joke since that fateful 49s game where AL Wilson's career was ended. I still think if we had him right now we would have a top 10 defense regardless of how bad we are now!
    [SIZE=3][SIZE=3]Best in the West[/SIZE] [/SIzE]
    [IMG]http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f40/CherokeeCowboy/denver-broncos-t-shirt.jpg[/IMG]

One thing is for sure, there sure are a heck of a lot more of you guys around once you started winning. But back in the 3-13 days (most of your history btw) it was nothing but the crickets chirping.

Quote Originally Posted by DarrentCB27 View Post
    Are you forgetting our Week 1 game at Oakland was on a Monday night and it was big because nobody hates us more than the Raiders?
    that was week 1. this is week 17. if we had lost week 1, the record would have been 0-1 and it wouldnt have meant much back then, except that we lost to a hated div rival.

if we lose at week 17, its not only losing to a div rival. its choking away the whole season. a season where we led all weeks except the most crucial one of them all.

its different. the stakes are diff. everything is diff. a win in week 1 and a loss in week 17 def hurts more than a loss in week 1 and win in week 17 if it meant going or not to the playoffs.

Hillis' injury final dagger???

i think that the injury to peyton hillis was the final dagger to the broncos season...we have overcome some big injuries like champ and dj when we went on the road and beat browns, jets and the falcons but somthing about me is telling me that the broncos won't overcome this injury and it was shown today with that pathetic running game...

thoughts?

One thing is for sure, there sure are a heck of a lot more of you guys around once you started winning. But back in the 3-13 days (most of your history btw) it was nothing but the crickets chirping.
    If you were not such a newbie you would know better. Look it up some time.
    A.F.L.
    [IMG]http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g215/RMANCIL/chargersig2.png[/IMG]

Most of us have been around for years but the sites keep banning us so what is your point? You have none although you "think" you have a point.

Jackass, my point is that you are a bunch of band wagon jumping fans who have never won anything and ain't ever gonna win anything any time soon. So put that in your drink and stir it.

Alot of teams got caught up with what New England did last year. But if you can't run the ball, you can't when a Super Bowl. Denver(because of injuries) can't run the ball. That is why they struggle so much in the RedZone. If they can't throw it in, they are SOL. Look at all the good teams(Titans, Giants, Panthers, Ravens) they can run the ball to score TD's. I agree losing Hillis was huge. Out of all the backs we had this year, I think he was the best one. If we don't beat SD next week, going into next year, I think he should be our featured back. Say good bye to Hall and Young.

I really feel sorry for some of you who seem to think that Bly is the reason for our defensive woes. I feel sorry for you because when Dre actually leaves Denver, you guys are going to get your hopes up thinking we might have a better defense..only to come to the realization that if the D-line does not improve we will actually possibly be worse. (Is that even possible?) To those of you who have never played corner, and seem to think that covering a WR is easy, and you can do it successfully without help..well its extremely difficult.

I've stated this before. As a corner, you are going up against the other teams best athletes, the only this is they KNOW where they are going, and you have to REACT. Try to react on somebody who is quicker than sh*t and runs a 4.4, and he knows the exact spot where the ball is supposed to be placed. This is why a perfect pass beats perfect coverage all the time. Now, many of you might be thinking "oh well thats his job he should be able to cover a wide reciever blah blah blah". And guess what, you are exactly correct, it is his job, and he is supposed to not let the wide reciever catch the ball. But its not just the D-back who is responsible when a pass is completed (most of the time).

What you guys are forgetting is that football is a team game. On passing situations, there are 2 things that must happen for the defense to successful.

1. The D-line has a job to disrupt the QB (causing the QB to throw before he's ready, making it so the QB can't step into his throw, deflecting passes, or god forbid...GET A SACK?)
    2. The Defensive backs and linebackers have to react and make a play on the ball when its in the air.

When the D-line fails to do there part, this creates a very difficult task for the defensive backs. Have any of you ever watched pregame where the QB is throwing to his WR's with nobody guarding them? I would say about 95-99% of these balls are caught, and its almost that easy in a game when there is no pass rush (in Denver there rarely is). Just imagine, one little slip here, one wrong move with your hips, you are already burned. Denver's D-line leaves little to no margain of error for the defensive backs, because any average NFL QB can go out there and play catch when he can get a 5 step drop, scan the field, and step into his throw like its wormups and there is nobody there to disrupt him.

My point is people like to pin pass defense on just defensive backs, where in reality great pass defense starts with those 300 pounders on the line. If they don't do their job, it severely decreases the ability of the secondary to do theirs. Until we get a line that can do their job on passing downs, I will have a hard time putting blame on a corner. (Let alone one who has had a very successful career with OTHER teams)

look I don't trust the cell phone people in the mall.....

so why would Shanny trust Bell?

Once Pope was injured I knew the run game was gone....Selvin is a shell of himself this season.....and Bell....well.....yeah

when Hillis went down this team was gonna be really hurting at RB
    "I'm also serious when I say: You can't stop Elvis Dumervil; you can only hope to contain him." -Peter King-

-The best in the business-

I was thinking the same thing but i haven't given up hope yet. I mean if we realized this i'm sure Coach Shanahan is working on it with the backs we have left. Today I'm going to guess that the original gameplan was ruined once PJ Pope went down with another injury what a surprise. IMO he was looking good hitting the hole in the opening drive.
    [SIZE=3][SIZE=3]Best in the West[/SIZE] [/SIzE]
    [IMG]http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f40/CherokeeCowboy/denver-broncos-t-shirt.jpg[/IMG]

How the West was won.

We got the lead in the west on prime time, against our division rivals. Now we get the chance to win it, again in prime-time, against our division rivals. I think it's time for everyone to shut up with their negativity, and start being a Broncos fan, no matter what just happened.

Now read this thread, for the love of God.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=130079