Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Could it possibly be that these players were put on IR so Denver could sign more RB's for the final game of the season?
    Could it be that Denver needs to make the roster room to sign someone?

Naw.

That couldnt be it.

I dont think there is a consiracy theory here, or a way for Shanny to save his job (which is already secure, by the way)....

Could it be that he's actually making roster moves the last week of the season to secure a RB for the final game.

No...I dont think thats it.
    Cant be.
    It makes too much sense.

Adopted by: Peanut

"You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
    -Sean Payton

Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    Well, the Broncos have two fullbacks and apparently won't active one if they can't activate both. At least that's the reason the Shanahan gave when it came to why there wasn't a fullback active for the last game. He said it would have screwed up the game plan if they only activated one and he got hurt.

Signing anyone other than Boyd doesn't make much sense. That player isn't going to be in shape to play and he won't understand the playbook. They are stuck with what they have, unless they really dumb down the plays for a new guy and hope he can make things happen.
    SD is pretty good stuffing the run. So why bother throwing an unknown (Boyd) or a 4th string (Bell) at them.

Go 4 WR sets (Marsh, Royal, Stokely, Scheffler/Jax) sets... use D-Graham as a FB to help block... use quick hits... 3-step drops... ins-outs-slants-seams.

SD cannot stop the pass and we throw the ball well. SO... break out something drastic... THEN, to shake things up... slip in the single back formation and run Bell.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealMoose View Post
    And so, the circle is complete.

I will now go shoot myself in the balls.

i lol'd pretty hard.

Quote Originally Posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
    lol y.. so they can get hurt in practice instead lol..

They've been going alot more full pads in practice the last 6-8 weeks because the defense needed to learn to tackle. Still waiting on the results but yea, they've been doing alot of hitting.

Quote Originally Posted by atl-bronco View Post
    Is this a ploy by Shanny to save face for not coming through on his playoff guarantee

Are you serious? Do you really think Shanny would rather secretly concede the game rather then calling alll hands on deck to beat a team thats as mediocore (maybe worse) then we are? C'mon now, be at least somewhat realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by fraguela09 View Post
    SD is pretty good stuffing the run. So why bother throwing an unknown (Boyd) or a 4th string (Bell) at them.

Go 4 WR sets (Marsh, Royal, Stokely, Scheffler/Jax) sets... use D-Graham as a FB to help block... use quick hits... 3-step drops... ins-outs-slants-seams.

SD cannot stop the pass and we throw the ball well. SO... break out something drastic... THEN, to shake things up... slip in the single back formation and run Bell.
    Yea lets be even more one dimensional then we were in the Bills game. That has helped us...

If we cannot run we will have a MUCH lower chance to win.
    http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m...llisSalute.jpg

:salute!: !!Get well soon!!:salute!:

all of you saying young needs to suck it up and play need to shut up!

he has a ruptured disc in his neck....this is a potentially career ending injury...seriously have some class

YOU HAVE TO GOT TO BE KIDDING ME! This is why our offense goes cold so many times...we do NOT have a running game. Imo, this (and special teams and defense) is why we lost yesterday and will lose to SD next week to blow the 3-game lead.

Well, at least we'll have a LOT of depth for next year

Hell, why he is at it, Shanny should put himself on IR.

I say we need to work on 5-10 set plays with Eddie Royal in the backfield for this week. Not necessarily using him on all of them, but at least in order to create confusion for the defense and to free up Shef and Marshall a bit. Also getting the ball in his hands as much as possible isn't a bad thing considering the options we have at this point........and some QB draws!!!!!

Wow... I would say, "This is getting ridiculous.", but I think it was already said... several weeks ago.

At this rate, DJ Williams will be returning to his HS and early college ways and be running the ball for us before the SD game is over.

Hey, wait a minute.... :paper:
    Winter is Coming!

Seriously guys, look at the bright side...we're set at RB for next year. We have so many good options with Torain, Hillis, Pittman, Aldridge, Hall, Young, and Pope....and maybe Bell. And now we get to see if Boyd or Haynes are good. If so, they add more options for us next year!!! This is a blessing in disguise. It's not like we're going to do anything in the playoffs anyways, so losing next week will give us a higher draft pick (in the mid-to-high teens). Boy are we lucky!!!!

7 players who have been RB's for us are on IR now... this seems too impossible to be true.

Quote Originally Posted by nbaballer913 View Post
    Seriously guys, look at the bright side...we're set at RB for next year. We have so many good options with Torain, Hillis, Pittman, Aldridge, Hall, Young, and Pope....and maybe Bell. And now we get to see if Boyd or Haynes are good. If so, they add more options for us next year!!! This is a blessing in disguise. It's not like we're going to do anything in the playoffs anyways, so losing next week will give us a higher draft pick (in the mid-to-high teens). Boy are we lucky!!!!
    Out of all of those players, one is good, one can be good, and the rest are scrubs. Torain coming off an ACL is not going to be the "savior" of this team. To even mention hall and young as good backs is sad.

San Diego isnt going to respect the run one bit on sunday. The run opens everything up, but Denver cant run. Its going to be a long game for denver

Quote Originally Posted by fraguela09 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Banme View Post
    San Diego isnt going to respect the run one bit on sunday. The run opens everything up, but Denver cant run. Its going to be a long game for denver

Didn't Marshall have like 18 catches last time we played? DEN will have no problem scoring points... The issue remains what our defense will do?

Pope with a torn Hamstring and Young with a ruptured disk

Thats SEVEN Runningbacks on IR.....I've never ever ever ever ever seen anything like this

Freakin ridiculous if you ask me....

Time to call in the exterminator to rid this team of this aweful injury bug...

Bye-bye injury bug

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor