View Poll Results: What is more important from an offense points or yards?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yards

7 16.67%
    35 83.33%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    lol, he made a typo. What a n00b

I think you can argue either way.

Yards speaks for the overall efficiency of just the offense... but points is obviously the ultimate goal.

However, if an offense is continually stuck inside their own 20 by bad defense and or special teams, it's going to hurt their ability to turn yards into points.

Whereas a team with great special teams with half a field to run all the time is more likely to rack up points without needing as many yards.

That doesn't mean that the second team has a better offense.

Stats do have meanings and various ways of interpreting them. No one stat is the be all end all of anything.
    Thanks, Reid!

Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

<- Ready for the salute
    Quote Originally Posted by RAWDOGG View Post
    Which is a better measure of a teams offense? No smack......
    I would say Yards because the fact of the matter is... Points has more "deffense and special teams statistics" involved in the overall point statistic.

Depends on who you ask. It sort of bothers me when the media heads overly praise Denver's "high powered offense". Denver's offense is hardly "high powered" this season. The offense is built off of running to set up the pass, and without a running game, the O is spotty at best. With the return of the running game, this O would be virtually unstoppable.

The yardage is not painting an accurate picture when you score 13 points off of 250+ 1st half yards.

Quote Originally Posted by RAWDOGG View Post
    Which is a better measure of a teams offense? No smack......
    It's a little obvious isn't it?
    Why can't you post your stuff over at the Smack where it belongs. You KNOW it's going to start a flame... the MODS, in their infinite wisdom, created 2 areas... one for intelligent fans from all teams, GD, and one for trolls.
    Bronco Fan For A Long, LONG Time!!! :salute!:
    How many of *YOU* saw them play at Bears Stadium???
    [IMG]http://www.ballparksofbaseball.com/past/mileold.jpg[/IMG]
    "We got 'em right where we want 'em" - Keith Bishop

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarman View Post
    It's a little obvious isn't it?
    Why can't you post your stuff over at the Smack where it belongs. You KNOW it's going to start a flame... the MODS, in their infinite wisdom, created 2 areas... one for intelligent fans from all teams, GD, and one for trolls.
    many other Bronco fans as well as a mod have been able to post without a personal attack and accusing me of being a troll.

SImple question and simple poll.....nothing more nothing less

Points are a result of yards, so since the points stat is all-encompassing, that has to be more important.

Quote Originally Posted by gaberox View Post
    Our redzone O went down the toilet when we lost Pittman who was scoring tds like crazy.Then Hillis was punching it in left and right,he goes down redzone scoring goes to crap.With either of those guys we go up 21-0 most likely on the Bills.Its hard enough to score in the redzone without the D knowing you cant pound it in cause your backs are feathers.Im betting without injuries we have a top 10 ranking in points to go along with our #2 ranking in yards.Our O is still very impressive

Truth. Same story as the San Fran game in 2006. We scored 13 points when we should have scored 21. No running attack makes things very difficult for any QB, let alone a young QB who is a gunslinger to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by jhns View Post
    We can do what we want. What are you going to do about it?

Or am I a new kind of King that speaks for all Denver fans?

I would love to be but I'm sure many here would not appreciate it.

Dont mind him, he belongs in ST:S and somehow made his way over here.

to answer this question i think it is best to ask ... which would you take?

532 yards and 23 points vs 275 yards and 30 points

obviously points win games and yards are just a means to an end that dont always get a desired result