Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Cutler blames defense & takes parting shot at Chargers (Merged)

On the NFL network right now they were showing some of Cutlers press conference and he was talking about TBs Defense. He said "They have had one of the best defenses in the NFL now for a long time. They don't have very many busts on that defense."

I know some of you will disagree but I think that was a slick little shot at our defense. I think by saying TB doesn't have many busts on their D he was insinuating that we do have a lot of busts on our D. Take it for what it's worth but I found it interesting.
    Proud Member of the Legion of Doom Beadlemania Team Tebow

Hmm...maaaybe. Hard to say. Either way, I really hope this is as far as he takes it with the media. Our team does not need any locker room drama.

Cutler the only one they will take that from. they will listen to him

I was under the impression he meant busts as in busts in coverages or assignments.

Quote Originally Posted by cvnorton View Post
    On the NFL network right now they were showing some of Cutlers press conference and he was talking about TBs Defense. He said "They have had one of the best defenses in the NFL now for a long time. They don't have very many busts on that defense."

I know some of you will disagree but I think that was a slick little shot at our defense. I think by saying TB doesn't have many busts on their D he was insinuating that we do have a lot of busts on our D. Take it for what it's worth but I found it interesting.
    Is this what you're talking about? If so, they call that taking things out of context and I don't believe he took a shot at our defense by saying that...imo.

Quote Originally Posted by DiegoBRONCOFAN View Post
    Is this what you're talking about? If so, they call that taking things out of context and I don't believe he took a shot at our defense by saying that...imo.
    Like I said take it for what it's worth. There are several different things he could have meant but I like my version the best. I also wouldn't mind Cutler getting in the D @ss once in awhile. Maybe it would fire them up a little and motivate them to actually tackle someone

P.S. the only person who knows what he meant is Jay himself so no there is no taking of anything out of context.
    Proud Member of the Legion of Doom Beadlemania Team Tebow

Quote Originally Posted by The|Snake#16 View Post
    I was under the impression he meant busts as in busts in coverages or assignments.
    He meant most of their players pan out on defense.

To the original poster, I dont think he was trying to say anything about our defense. As we already know, he can be very blunt about thing.

I don't think he was taking a shot at them. He was just saying TB has no busts and that thier a good Defense. Though a few weeks ago I think he said something like " We need to put up about 40 points a game right now the way our defense is playing"
    Or something like that.
    That was a shot at our D.

Too bad it didnt' work.

Well, it can only go up from here on D =/

I dont think it was a"shot" at our defense. What he said about TB is exactly true. TB is similar to the ravens, they have had a great defense for the last 7-10 years, but have filled random holes throughout the entire offense, never really getting a solid starting qb.

I don't think it's Jay taking a shot.

Cutler was just as responsible for last weekend's loss as the defense.

yeah id have to say he's saying that offense is going to have a harder time against Tampa Bay. I don't think Jay feels the need to hide any comments that will criticize his team, because we've all seen him do it bluntly.

Oh good grief. That is not what he meant.
    KHAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!

He said, nothing bad. Media and fans look to deep into each and every word that players say.

Well ,Shanny recently had to get change to make a call and asked for a "quarter back"... think he meant that he was giving up on Cutler?? LMAO! You guys are too funny. This is a non-issue.
    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*