Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    I don't think he meant it the way you are taking it. He was just complimenting them, thats all.

& what if he does take a shot at our D? Who hasn't in the last week?

It doesn't matter if he meant it or not. Everyone including the defense already knows they suck. Look at baileys comments after kc.

Ok I just listened to it and you need to understand what he's talking about. He was referring to the defense as it's executed.

"...Extremely sound; You don't see a lot of busts on that defense - extremely fast."

This is a reference to busted plays. Cutler himself has said this before during the season when talking about big plays he's made ala Royal's TD in Oakland. On Jay Cutler live while diagramming a play he said "This is a bust. The Corner shouldn't have come up and I found Eddie in the end zone."

A bust = a busted play or a defense that mis-communicated/did not execute as they were designed and was therefore out of position and exposed in a large way.

The question had nothing to do with personnel or the draft.
    KHAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cvnorton View Post
    On the NFL network right now they were showing some of Cutlers press conference and he was talking about TBs Defense. He said "They have had one of the best defenses in the NFL now for a long time. They don't have very many busts on that defense."

I know some of you will disagree but I think that was a slick little shot at our defense. I think by saying TB doesn't have many busts on their D he was insinuating that we do have a lot of busts on our D. Take it for what it's worth but I found it interesting.
    makes u think doesn't it
    LOS ANGELES LAKERS 2009 NBA CHAMPIONS

On the NFL network right now they were showing some of Cutlers press conference and he was talking about TBs Defense. He said "They have had one of the best defenses in the NFL now for a long time. They don't have very many busts on that defense."

I know some of you will disagree but I think that was a slick little shot at our defense. I think by saying TB doesn't have many busts on their D he was insinuating that we do have a lot of busts on our D. Take it for what it's worth but I found it interesting.
    you're trying too hard to read something into a comment that wasn't a bad comment

what Jay just did was "not provide bulletin board material"

he's being smart.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
    Ok I just listened to it and you need to understand what he's talking about. He was referring to the defense as it's executed.

"...Extremely sound; You don't see a lot of busts on that defense - extremely fast."

This is a reference to busted plays. Cutler himself has said this before during the season when talking about big plays he's made ala Royal's TD in Oakland. On Jay Cutler live while diagramming a play he said "This is a bust. The Corner shouldn't have come up and I found Eddie in the end zone."

A bust = a busted play or a defense that mis-communicated/did not execute as they were designed and was therefore out of position and exposed in a large way.

The question had nothing to do with personnel or the draft.
    Why did you have to et all technical?
    [FONT="Impact"]GO CUTLER[/FONT]

rips r rips

i do believe he was taking a shot @ the bronco defense, and the bronco defense does need to be called out.

Hope he was taking a shot at them....

The young guys on offense have stepped up, why can't the young guys on the defense?

Exclamation D-Line Demise

Maybe the D-Line is smoking too much?

You're all wrong.

He was actually taking a shot at Shanahan himself, saying their coaching staff has done a great job of assembling a great defense that doesn't have any busts on it, and has done a great job developing them.

Not a shot=the truth!1

ok then

I will take a shot......Bronco Defense......Play Defense!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DiegoBRONCOFAN View Post
    Is this what you're talking about? If so, they call that taking things out of context and I don't believe he took a shot at our defense by saying that...imo.
    Exactly. Cutler wouldnt call out something he has nothing to do with. If the defense gives up 41 its his job to get the offense to score 42. Its that simple.

Or maybe he thought that aliens with phase pistols were going to take over the planet by Sunday and TB's defense was the only thing that could stop them.

It's obvious he was talking about busted coverage, as in a CB allowing a guy to get away or a RB being missed on a tackle, get over it.

2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho