Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

How will this affect Cutler and offense?

With Shanahan gone, will our offense take a step backwards??

Shanahan's successful scripted plays during the beginning of games will be gone unless Bates or Dennison can be creative as Shanahan.

Our offense has always been explosive with Shanahan especially this season. Can Bates or the new HC whoever it might be fill in?

And how does this affect Cutler's progression? It could mean a different style of offense for Cutler to learn which could lead to more mistakes on gamedays.

This move by Bowlen either opened up pandora's box or a trip to the playoffs in '09...

time will tell..................but i would think that a new offense would be put in place.......and not only cutler but all the players would have to learn

it will be bad, dumb move bowlen.

I think the offensive play makers should be able to adjust to another offense and be OK, but what I worry about is the OL and if they are forced to learn a new blocking scheme and how that might disrupt everything. I am a firm believer games are won at the line of scrimmage. We are bad enough on the D side, hopefully we dont take a step back on the OL.
    [B][COLOR=Red]GOD BLESS the USA!!!! [/COLOR] [COLOR=Yellow]Support our TROOPS!![/COLOR]
    [COLOR=DarkOrange]GO BRONCOS!!![/COLOR] [/B]

it may or may not...

it could put an end to our undersized players, which could also be a good thing for us.

with a new coaching scheme, we might need new players at many of the positions.

We will be fine, we have loads of talent on the offensive side of the ball. Cutler is a very smart player, he went to Vanderbilt. Royal took on the Offense with ease, and Clady as well. I am excited to see how our new Head Coach utilizes the talent on the field, and hopefully we will revert back to more of a balanced attack.

I was shocked ,then i heard why he was fired and thought JUST FIRE SLOWIK, then i got pumped thinkin maybe Cowher's comin , now i've had time to think about everything and i just can't help but think who is better than Shanny ? 8-8 is a bad year for us my brother is a Lions fan i don't want to suffer like him

Quote Originally Posted by kdayZn View Post

Shanahan's successful scripted plays during the beginning of games will be gone unless Bates or Dennison can be creative as Shanahan.

Our offense has always been explosive with Shanahan especially this season. Can Bates or the new HC whoever it might be fill in?

And how does this affect Cutler's progression? It could mean a different style of offense for Cutler to learn which could lead to more mistakes on gamedays.

This move by Bowlen either opened up pandora's box or a trip to the playoffs in '09...
    First of all, if Jeremy Bates stays then Cutler will be just fine without Shanahan. If Bates leaves, then start worrying about Cutlers interest and progression here in Denver.

Secondly, i am sure everyone (fans, players, coaching staff) all have the same questions. Will Bowlen keep the staff that worked with Shanahan, and encourage to continue what Shanahan had going? Or will Bowlen start from scratch and hire some unknown guy that has bright Ideas? The List of questions go on. Only Pat Bowlen holds those anwers.

What freaks me out is Shanahan took alot of good things with him that might be lost. Like zone blocking, and proving the system will work with any RB in the back field.

I think we can maintain the zone blocking scheme, other teams have picked it up and we've ran it for years it's not like whoever we hire won't know how to learn it. We don't have the players to develop a blocking scheme like the Giants or Cowboys, so I doubt they'll abandon it.

First of all, if Jeremy Bates stays then Cutler will be just fine without Shanahan. If Bates leaves, then start worrying about Cutlers interest and progression here in Denver.
    cutler already went on record to say he's worried if bates will go too. prob bec he really has a great working relationship with bates and is finally comfortable with the offense.

This move opened up a box of passion.

This move is a good move. The Broncos don`t play with any passion, and haven`t for some time, as in, since Elway was the qb. As far as Cutler is concerned, that guy better decide if he`s a Bronco or not!, It doesn`t seem like he even cares at all when they lose and he doesn`t exactly exude excitment if they win. I am not sold on Cutler, he needs to get his zeal for playing here going, or go to a team he wants to play for. Watching John Elway play here for 17 years and the passion he always played with makes Cutler look like a wet potato chip in comparison. This is a guy who had the audacity to say he was better then Elway and had a stronger arm, PLEASEEEEEEE! I think Elway needs to be the qb coach and teach cutler a few things, leadership qualities might be a good thing to start with, and playing with a little passion also, he has much to learn from Elway. I`m not worried about what coach takes Shanny`s spot, as long as John Elway is a coach somewhere on that field.

Quote Originally Posted by saturnine View Post
    This move is a good move. The Broncos don`t play with any passion, and haven`t for some time, as in, since Elway was the qb. As far as Cutler is concerned, that guy better decide if he`s a Bronco or not!, It doesn`t seem like he even cares at all when they lose and he doesn`t exactly exude excitment if they win. I am not sold on Cutler, he needs to get his zeal for playing here going, or go to a team he wants to play for. Watching John Elway play here for 17 years and the passion he always played with makes Cutler look like a wet potato chip in comparison. This is a guy who had the audacity to say he was better then Elway and had a stronger arm, PLEASEEEEEEE! I think Elway needs to be the qb coach and teach cutler a few things, leadership qualities might be a good thing to start with, and playing with a little passion also, he has much to learn from Elway. I`m not worried about what coach takes Shanny`s spot, as long as John Elway is a coach somewhere on that field.

PLEASEEEEEEE, move on from Elway. Stop comparing him to Elway, and maybe he'll stop comparing himself. Elway's era is over, time to see that we have something new and it will never be the same as Elway- because Elway was special and the Broncos will probably never have anybody that lives up to him.

Quote Originally Posted by saturnine View Post
    I think Elway needs to be the qb coach and teach cutler a few things, leadership qualities might be a good thing to start with, and playing with a little passion also, he has much to learn from Elway. I`m not worried about what coach takes Shanny`s spot, as long as John Elway is a coach somewhere on that field.
    Just wonderin? Name the last elite QB in the NFL become a QB coach?

Quote Originally Posted by kdayZn View Post

Hopefully Cutler will stop throw interceptions in the red zone when it matters

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer View Post
    Just wonderin? Name the last elite QB in the NFL become a QB coach?

You know the answer. The best former players that became coaches were the fringe/injured players that had to survive on smarts.