Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

"A completely new Defense is in hand." - Pat Bowlen

At the conference today, Pat Bowlen talked about the other coaches on this team as well. He Announced he wants ALL Offensive coaches to stay, and would love to completely Revamp the defensive side.

Maybe the firing of Shanny isn't soooo bad. I hope our New HC fires Slowik, and D-Line coach at least.

Spagnuolo for HC 09'!

I would be all for it, defensive minded coach we need for the change. :salute!:

Blah I was hoping for a clean house, expecially getting rid of Bates and our strength and conditioning guys.. Bates called some really horrible plays and our conditioning has been horrible for years now.

Hopefully our new Coach can convince him to bring in his guys...

Wrong, Bowlen said he does not anticipate retaining any of the offensive coaches. However the personnel people in the front office will remain.

Quote Originally Posted by PaperBagBronco View Post
    Blah I was hoping for a clean house, expecially getting rid of Bates and our strength and conditioning guys.. Bates called some really horrible plays and our conditioning has been horrible for years now.

Hopefully our new Coach can convince him to bring in his guys...
    I hope Bates stays, he & Cutler have a great chemistry. If your talking about the bubble screens, those will be eliminated next year with a new RB. :salute!:

Quote Originally Posted by CaseP View Post
    Wrong, Bowlen said he does not anticipate retaining any of the offensive coaches. However the personnel people in the front office will remain.
    Yeah that's about what bowlen said. I think any decisions regarding assistant coaches is going to be up to the new head coach. He won't hire a coach with caveats a la al davis.

I though he said all the coaches were being let go, only the front office was staying

i hope they keep the o coordinator and clean house on the defensive side players and coaches alike keep the main pieces liek Champ DJ woodyard and Boss but every1 else needs to go
    [IMG]http://media.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/content/img/photos/2008/05/30/71532731BB019_Denver_Bronco_t335.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2006/1013/nfl_u_bailey_195.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos6FTW View Post
    Spagnuolo for HC 09'!

I would be all for it, defensive minded coach we need for the change. :salute!:
    that's who I want :salute!:

and we should keep the offense the way it is IMO......like Rick Dennison, Jeremy Bates, and Bobby Turner :salute!:

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

It would be a BIG mistake to let go of Bates. Yes his playcalling was questionable at times but it was handcuffed no running game. If Cutler took the news as hard as it seems, then Bates will serve to ease the transition.

The best change for the offense is adding defensive support. Cutler is going to make mistakes, but having a reliable defense will ease the pressure and cover up the mistakes.
    [url]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff180/63YardBronco/Broncos%20Stuff/hillis.gif[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by getlynched47 View Post
    that's who I want :salute!:

and we should keep the offense the way it is IMO......like Rick Dennison, Jeremy Bates, and Bobby Turner :salute!:
    Great minds think a like! :salute!:

Keep the offensive guys, lose the defensive guys. The offense is fine. There is no need to go out and create a new system when all of our offensive players fit in to this one.

I would like Spagnoulo, or Rex Ryan. Sure, we would have to move to a 3-4, but something needs to be done with the defense.
    I BLEED [COLOR="DarkOrange"]ORANGE[/COLOR] AND BLUE[COLOR="Blue"][/COLOR]

Free Football RPG game... build you player and watch him dominate!
    [url]http://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=6415292[/url]

Ok, for those of you that don't know, here's what Bowlen MEANT:

'The coaches will be let go because they will likely go with Shanahan wherever he may go. However, if some of the offensive coaches would like to stay that would be up to the new head coach, because I trust him to pick his own guys.'

Hopefully that clarifies things.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Thunda View Post
    At the conference today, Pat Bowlen talked about the other coaches on this team as well. He Announced he wants ALL Offensive coaches to stay, and would love to completely Revamp the defensive side.

Maybe the firing of Shanny isn't soooo bad. I hope our New HC fires Slowik, and D-Line coach at least.
    Actually, Shanahan was the one that said all the O coaches should stay and the defense would be revamped. Bowlen said he didn't think any of the current coaches would stay... probably for the same reason the above poster said. They are just going to tag along with Shanahan... sucks to be us.

Quote Originally Posted by jlhawkins9 View Post
    I though he said all the coaches were being let go, only the front office was staying
    He did.:salute!: