Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Professional Hell Raiser.
    Quote Originally Posted by paper tiger View Post
    Living here always reminds me that I am a minority, and that I'll never be accepted.

At least up North, people are familiar w/ people like me and my family.
    Good gosh. Quit feeling sorry for yourself. Thats your own insecurities. Noone cares that your Indian. They only give you a hard time cause they're trying to make themselves feel better about their own crap. Quit being a girl.

Quote Originally Posted by West View Post
    Good gosh. Quit feeling sorry for yourself. Thats your own insecurities. Noone cares that your Indian. They only give you a hard time cause they're trying to make themselves feel better about their own crap. Quit being a girl.
    Yea see that's the problem. For the most part I don't have any problems here, but it does get weird when people are constantly butchering me w/ questions when they find out I'm Muslim. It gets weird when you walk into a bank and they say things like "well at least the black folk are happy they got their president". It gets weird when people start ignoring me b/c they feel "unsafe" around me. I do avoid it all now though. I just act like everyone else and it's fine, but it does get irritating to deal w/ at times.
    I personally feel I shouldn't have to deal w/ any of that at all...but I've learned to just keep away from personal conversations and be neutral w/ everyone.
    [QUOTE=armybroncofan;2520130]...Remember one thing, the paper tiger is always right ...[/QUOTE]

[quote]Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken. -Tyler Durden [Fight Club][/quote]

Yea see that's the problem. For the most part I don't have any problems here, but it does get weird when people are constantly butchering me w/ questions when they find out I'm Muslim. It gets weird when you walk into a bank and they say things like "well at least the black folk are happy they got their president". It gets weird when people start ignoring me b/c they feel "unsafe" around me. I do avoid it all now though. I just act like everyone else and it's fine, but it does get irritating to deal w/ at times.
    If you were living in your mother country and the US did a terrorist attack on it and years later there's an american amongst you.. Would you feel weird? It's natural. Everyone has something they deal with. Everyone. You just have a double whammy. Small boobs and you're Indian. Just deal with it. It isn't going to change.

If you were living in your mother country and the US did a terrorist attack on it and years later there's an american amongst you.. Would you feel weird? It's natural. Everyone has something they deal with. Everyone. You just have a double whammy. Small boobs and you're Indian. Just deal with it. It isn't going to change.
    Wow you are so ignorant, and you can't even recognize how ignorant you are being at the moment.
    I know you're just trying to "get under my skin"...but seriously there is no point arguing w/ you over something you just have no clue about. It's like arguing w/ a brick wall to be honest.
    [QUOTE=armybroncofan;2520130]...Remember one thing, the paper tiger is always right ...[/QUOTE]

[quote]Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken. -Tyler Durden [Fight Club][/quote]

Wow you are so ignorant, and you can't even recognize how ignorant you are being at the moment.
    I know you're just trying to "get under my skin"...but seriously there is no point arguing w/ you over something you just have no clue about. It's like arguing w/ a brick wall to be honest.
    Of course i'm ignorant. I don't have to go through with what you do. I'm sorry?

Of course i'm ignorant. I don't have to go through with what you do. I'm sorry?
    Whatever. Let's move on. Plus my uterus is shedding hence all the drama I've been letting out in this thread

Whatever. Let's move on. Plus my uterus is shedding hence all the drama I've been letting out in this thread

I adopted Peanut!!!
    Adopted by *Atwater*!!!

I'm UNDEFEATED at Broncos games!!!!

12/06/09 @ Kansas City: W 44-13

I think maybe the person meant a that the attend a College Preparatory School. I attended one. Basically a private school designed to prepare you for college and take advanced courses that can be transfered credit for when you apply for college.

If that is not what the person meant...then yea I'd lol @ the person too.
    Lol ya that's what I meant, actually I am going to pikes peak community college. I call it prep college, hope that clears everything up. West calling me names is not nice, did you see that joke of a thread you made were you ask people to impress you. That's a bit sad.

Yeah its safe to say I picked on people like you in high school.

I was a jock.
    At my high school, the jocks weren't really all that mean, the biggest problem I had with them was them blocking the hallway during passing period. But the funniest thing about my high school, at least with my class, was the most popular couple weren't your "normal" athletes. The guy was the football team's kicker and he played golf. The girl played volleyball. Both had good grades and they liked me. I was able to hang with the popular kids when my best friend wasn't around.

I personally feel I shouldn't have to deal w/ any of that at all...but I've learned to just keep away from personal conversations and be neutral w/ everyone.
    I personally don't care what your beliefs are, I don't say that to be mean, I believe that each person has the right to worship who, what and where they may, just as long as I get the same right. That's a paraphasing of one of the Articles of Faith that Latter-day Saints believe.

And back to the original thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Broncofan1990 View Post
    Lol ya that's what I meant, actually I am going to pikes peak community college. I call it prep college, hope that clears everything up. West calling me names is not nice, did you see that joke of a thread you made were you ask people to impress you. That's a bit sad.
    CC is a great choice. I am attending one currently. Way cheaper and it gives you more time to figure things out when deciding what you really want to major in. Just make sure you sign up for classes during the first week that they allow you to register for them...classes fill up really fast at CC's.

No. Vietnam is in South Asia.
    Oh well I thought they were korean lol. I need to get my stereotypes straight!

I agree that it is overrated, but it depends...

College can be very overrated, and overpriced! However, it depends on the person and their goals. If you go into college without a specific goal in mind, you will usually come out broke, and more confused than when you went in. So, make sure that you have a goal in mind, and know exactly the direction you want to go. Take care.

Quote Originally Posted by Mstrmnd Forever View Post
    College can be very overrated, and overpriced! However, it depends on the person and their goals. If you go into college without a specific goal in mind, you will usually come out broke, and more confused than when you went in. So, make sure that you have a goal in mind, and know exactly the direction you want to go. Take care.
    The OP is going to a CC, which means it's WAY cheaper than going to a major university. At a CC you have time to figure out what you want to major in before you do actually transfer to a major university within the state you reside in. I would never say college is overrated, that is such a ridiculous statement. When it comes down to it, those w/ a higher degree get a better chance of being hired and easily, get paid way more than those that only have a HS degree.
    I entered into a CC w/ not a clue of what I wanted to do. After spending 2.5 years at a CC I have figured out what I want to do and I couldn't be any happier. Imagine if I decided not to go in the first place solely based on the fact that I had no declared major and was really confused? I would not have discovered what I am capable of. I'm so glad I stuck w/ it, and am really happy w/ what I'm going to be majoring in.
    Another example my brother majored in Philosophy. Some say it's a worthless degree, but I'm sure he's glad he decided to follow through. At times though he seemed to ponder if he made the right choice, well after graduating he figured out what he wants to pursue and he is going to Law School.
    See, there is hope. Stay positive, keep focused and things will work themselves out in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Broncofan1990 View Post
    I think its overrated... thats right people you read it right... I always thougot education should be free I always thougot paying all these loans was dumb... and there is prove alot of it you dont need a college degree for most jobs and to have a good life.... I am leanning towards the descion that I dont return to my pre prep college next year without paying anything.... I mean really I have a good job already I know people that never step in a college class room and they live in the subs...... and not to mention i get the feeling the College is like High school all over again with the drama, groups and the fact you have to drink or nobody will talk to you or hangout..... so ya I think I will take the ED i have and keep working at my job every day..... not trying to back track but IF! if I do need more education.... i will gladly step back in the class room... sorry for spelling and grammer... i am sort of in a hurry

Yea college sucks when an illegal mexican takes your job. Better seperate yourself with an education dog. And THATS REAL.
    -Bronco in UT

While I both agree and disagree with many posts in this thread I have to lean towards champ on this one. [B][COLOR="DarkOrange"]Jay really needs to learn how to manage the game better, and also to learn that you don't have to go for the big play [U]EVERY[/U] time on every drive[/COLOR][/B]. There is something to be said to check the ball down and live to fight another day. -Great Post Cut the Excuses out please. sigh...

Helll of a post