Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Bucket List

The Bucket List

I am older than most of you I'm sure (I hope so, I don't want to hang around old people)......so the concept of a Bucket List may seem too far away, to many of you. But my 24 year old daughter was writing some things down the other day, so maybe it's cool????

So.....what are those 5-10 things you want to do/see/experience in your life?

I'll begin (with a wish list, whether or not it matches the true criteria).......

1. Travel to beautiful places I've never been (Spain, France, Hawaii, Africa???)
    2. Have at least one more special vacation with my family, even though they have grown
    3. Be a grandfather (I guess this is not in my control, but I can "motivate" my daughters to consider)
    4. Make my wife's life better than I made it in our first 27 years.......(thanks chaz, you gave me some ideas)
    5. Make sure everyone that matters to me......knows
    6. Patch any differences I have with people that deserved better
    7. Try something totally new, exciting and breath-taking.....note: I lose my breath very quickly these days!!!!
    8. Enjoy each day (smell the coffee)
    9. Change my diet (smarten up Mr Junk Food!!)
    10. Do not judge!!!!!!! (unless hired to be one of course!!!)

Now that I listed 10, I am already thinking of 10 more.......

Your turn!

Wow, so many things I want to do and such a small bucket.

1. I want to grow old enough to see my kids become better adults than I myself am. This is more of a goal than any kind of experience, but I think it is a goal all parents have.

2. I want to die before my wife, because the alternative is too hard for me to stomach.
    now I am done with the mushy stuff, the rest is all about me

3. I want to drink a Guinness in NYC while watching the Pogues perform on St. Patrick's Day.

4. I want to go to The Kentucky Derby and watch from the infield so I can hear the thunderous sound made by those amazing animals.

5. I want to go to the Pro Football Hall Of Fame. My brother and I have made a vow not to go see it until Steve Atwater is put in, so I really hope we get to go someday.

6. I want to move to Maui.

7. I want to go Scuba Diving. I have been snorkeling many times, but have never gone Scuba Diving.

8. I want to catch a Marlin. I would like to have it mounted and hang it in my basement, so I would hope that it wouldn't end like The Old Man And The Sea.

9. I want to drive an Astin Martin.

10. I want to go to the Smithsonian, I love that kind of stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Wow, so many things I want to do and such a small bucket.

1. I want to grow old enough to see my kids become better adults than I myself am. This is more of a goal than any kind of experience, but I think it is a goal all parents have.

2. I want to die before my wife, because the alternative is too hard for me to stomach.
    now I am done with the mushy stuff, the rest is all about me

3. I want to drink a Guinness in NYC while watching the Pogues perform on St. Patrick's Day.

4. I want to go to The Kentucky Derby and watch from the infield so I can hear the thunderous sound made by those amazing animals.

5. I want to go to the Pro Football Hall Of Fame. My brother and I have made a vow not to go see it until Steve Atwater is put in, so I really hope we get to go someday.

6. I want to move to Maui.

7. I want to go Scuba Diving. I have been snorkeling many times, but have never gone Scuba Diving.

8. I want to catch a Marlin. I would like to have it mounted and hang it in my basement, so I would hope that it wouldn't end like The Old Man And The Sea.

9. I want to drive an Astin Martin.

10. I want to go to the Smithsonian, I love that kind of stuff.
    Anything's possible bro!!!

In a way, I think I AM too young to make this list, since I suppose most of my aspirations are still a bit superficial. But it would be interesting to look at this list again in 5 years and see what has changed.

1. Go to Greece. This is something I've been really wanting to do for a couple of years now...I watch every TV show I can about it, and I can't get enough of it.

2. Have a family...I want to get married and have kids and do awesome things with them. Take them on road trips and do things with them that my parents did with me.

3. Graduate from college and be a great teacher.

4. Write a novel. It doesn't have to be good, but I want to do it.

5. Watch a game at all of the major league baseball parks. I'm still upset over Yankee stadium being torn down before I could see it. But the new one will be cool.

6. Buy a brand new car. This is so dumb, but I've always wanted to do this.

7. Go to Disneyland again. I've been there before, but I want to go back. Maybe Disney World next time but I dunno.

8. Go to Washington DC again. I've been there twice, but there is so much to see there.

9. Go fishing and camping with my Dad, Mom, brothers and Uncle just like we used to when I was little.

10. Own a snake.
    ...capture it...remember it...

Quote Originally Posted by Snapping Turtle View Post
    In a way, I think I AM too young to make this list, since I suppose most of my aspirations are still a bit superficial. But it would be interesting to look at this list again in 5 years and see what has changed.

1. Go to Greece. This is something I've been really wanting to do for a couple of years now...I watch every TV show I can about it, and I can't get enough of it.

2. Have a family...I want to get married and have kids and do awesome things with them. Take them on road trips and do things with them that my parents did with me.

5. Watch a game at all of the major league baseball parks. I'm still upset over Yankee stadium being torn down before I could see it. But the new one will be cool.

7. Go to Disneyland again. I've been there before, but I want to go back. Maybe Disney World next time but I dunno.

8. Go to Washington DC again. I've been there twice, but there is so much to see there.

9. Go fishing and camping with my Dad, Mom, brothers and Uncle just like we used to when I was little.

10. Own a snake.
    Nice list ST......no reason why you can't achieve it!!!

10. Own a snake.
    What about seeing the Rockies win the world series?
    I thought for sure that would be on the list of things you'd like to see.

But you're probably trying to make your list realistic so I understand jk

And 1 of my goals is also to visit Every MLB Stadium.

I've been to 18 so far
    And I'm pissed because I was gonna go to like 4 or 5 new ones last summer but I got in trouble.

But Something about MLB stadiums that I love

I'll make a list later on when I think about the top 10 things I want.
    I cant think right now.

Quote Originally Posted by JayCutler4MVP!!! View Post
    What about seeing the Rockies win the world series?
    I thought for sure that would be on the list of things you'd like to see.

But you're probably trying to make your list realistic so I understand jk

And 1 of my goals is also to visit Every MLB Stadium.

I've been to 18 so far
    And I'm pissed because I was gonna go to like 4 or 5 new ones last summer but I got in trouble.

But Something about MLB stadiums that I love

I'll make a list later on when I think about the top 10 things I want.
    I cant think right now.
    I want to make a list of things I can be proactive about.

And as for me...I have been to one. The best one of course.
    ...capture it...remember it...

1. write good!

2. write something...

3. write something...

4. write something...

5. write something...

6. write something...

7. write something...

8. write something...

9. write something...

10. write something...

what can i say, im easy to please...
    the most valuable of all talents is that of never using two words when one will do....
    - T Jefferson

<a href=http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g98/anton1287/1168865057481.jpg target=_blank>http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g9...8865057481.jpg</a>

I want to make a list of things I can be proactive about.

And as for me...I have been to one. The best one of course.
    I thought you said you've never been to Yankee stadium?

The 2 I've been to the most is Yankee stadium and Coors. I go to those places each summer lol.
    Its funny because when we go back east to visit family .. we'll drive like 6 hours and watch a ball game and then drive like 6 more hours and watch another random ball game.

I'd love to go to every stadium in every sport by the time I die though.

my list is 100 goals long but my favorite ones have to do with making money. Learning a Lot, traveling, and some cool things like sky-diving, etc.
    27!

Bucket List

Some of you may be a little young to consider a Bucket List although that doesn't apply to CanDB, Samparnell, AZ and a few others

Me, I'll be 44 soon, but I hope that I live to at least twice that age.

As some of you know I've had some serious health issues and challenges to deal with for nearly half my life, but over the past few years I've been gradually improving and now operate at around 50% capacity of what you'd expect for an average healthy person my age.

As a result of this upward turn, I've been giving a lot of thought to things I want to do with my life lately.

In no particular order here are some of the things i want to do:

* visit the States and go to a Broncos game

* buy a campervan

* learn to play the organ properly - one of those huge churchy ones, not a tiny electric one like the one in our Chapel

* figure out my second career path (teaching was my original occupation)

* write a book(s)

These would be my top five.

I may think of others.

What are your wishes/goals/bucket list items?

Adopted Bronco - Emmanuel Sanders

Never too young to have a bucket list!

1. I want to get a fish and name him Bruce (hello Bruce)
    2. Travel outside of the US (preferably Japan, the UK, and Germany)
    3. Print my own comic
    4. Attend Comic Con in costume
    5. Do either the flyball challenge or Plinko at a Rockies game
    6. Attend Rockies fantasy camp
    7. Do a dairy challenge

Hey Jaws.....I found a thread I started a while back (Jan/09) about this topic. Here's the thread source and my initial post. Just for fun, I've added "Updates" as to what I have done to stay true to my list, given this was 5 and 1/2 years ago.

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...ht=bucket+list

I am older than most of you I'm sure (I hope so, I don't want to hang around old people)......so the concept of a Bucket List may seem too far away, to many of you. But my 24 year old daughter was writing some things down the other day, so maybe it's cool????

So.....what are those 5-10 things you want to do/see/experience in your life?

I'll begin (with a wish list, whether or not it matches the true criteria).......

1. Travel to beautiful places I've never been (Spain, France, Hawaii, Africa???)

Update: We did go to Spain, France and Hawaii. I actually missed a trip to England when my wife went to visit my daughter there. A few other nice trips (Jamaica, Huatulco, Denver!!! to name a few)

2. Have at least one more special vacation with my family, even though they have grown

Update: We did just that this past winter, when we travelled to Hawaii.

3. Be a grandfather (I guess this is not in my control, but I can "motivate" my daughters to consider)

Update:Patience!!!

4. Make my wife's life better than I made it in our first 27 years.......(thanks chaz, you gave me some ideas)

Update:
    I work on it every day.

5. Make sure everyone that matters to me......knows

Update: The list is getting smaller.

6. Patch any differences I have with people that deserved better

Update: This list is also getting smaller.

7. Try something totally new, exciting and breath-taking.....note: I lose my breath very quickly these days!!!!

Update:I need to work on this!

8. Enjoy each day (smell the coffee)

Update:Can't get enough!

9. Change my diet (smarten up Mr Junk Food!!)

Update:
    Finally smartened up this year.....less cholesterol, more healthy stuff.

10. Do not judge!!!!!!! (unless hired to be one of course!!!)

Update:
    I slip occasionally.

Now that I listed 10, I am already thinking of 10 more.......

Your turn!

I love your list & updates CanDb. No 10 is something I've become more & more aware of over the past few months. When I succeed it feels good.

As for stealing your thread title, apologies. I did a search but must not have been thorough enough. Oh well, at least I found out that great minds like to start threads on same topics

And if you make it to Wales come say hi to a shark and you too Cinny & Peanut

p.s Cinny, what's a "dairy challenge"?
    Last edited by Jaws; 08-13-2014 at 10:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaws View Post
    I love your list & updates CanDb. No 10 is something I've become more & more aware of over the past few months. When I succeed it feels good.

As for stealing your thread title, apologies. I did a search but must not have been thorough enough. Oh well, at least I found out that great minds like to start threads on same topics

And if you make it to Wales come say hi to a shark and you too Cinny & Peanut

p.s Cinny, what's a "dairy challenge"?
    That might be where you drink 1 gallon of milk in under an hour... it can get ugly!!!!

ps- one thing on my bucket list.. "merge a couple threads"... well.. I can cross that one off.
    Last edited by ebsoria; 08-13-2014 at 10:45 AM.
    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*