Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Bucket List

Quote Originally Posted by Jaws View Post
    I love your list & updates CanDb. No 10 is something I've become more & more aware of over the past few months. When I succeed it feels good.

As for stealing your thread title, apologies. I did a search but must not have been thorough enough. Oh well, at least I found out that great minds like to start threads on same topics

And if you make it to Wales come say hi to a shark and you too Cinny & Peanut

p.s Cinny, what's a "dairy challenge"?
    No apologies necessary!! I knew I had started a similar thread, but that was a significant length of time ago. I am sure I have created threads that are anything but new.

The good news.....it gave me the opportunity to see how I am doing, and whether or not I need some new list items. I've been fortunate, as a semi retired dude, to have had the opportunity to travel. And yes, Wales would be cool!

To all who contributed in this thread past & present:

Follow your Dreams.
    They know the way

Oh and Cinny, I had visions of a "dairy challenge" being a "who can milk a cow in the fastest time" competition!
    As one whose never liked milk, I would find a dairy challenge pretty hard to stomach.

Adopted Bronco - Emmanuel Sanders

Quote Originally Posted by Jaws View Post
    To all who contributed in this thread past & present:

Follow your Dreams.
    They know the way

Oh and Cinny, I had visions of a "dairy challenge" being a "who can milk a cow in the fastest time" competition!
    As one whose never liked milk, I would find a dairy challenge pretty hard to stomach.
    eb was right, it was drink a gallon of milk in under an hour. Most people can't do it because of I think the lactose in the milk. You end up vomiting.

I was going to wait on that item of my list until I was really old. Then my family would wonder what I'm doing, and then they would have to clean up.

(No particular order)

1. Start a family with a woman who I love
    2. Drive a Formula One car
    3. See Everton win the league/Broncos win the big one
    4. Attend a Super Bowl
    5. Attend a Wrestlemania
    6. Do Route 66
    7. Save somebody's life
    8. Run on the pitch to celebrate an important Everton goal
    9. Become fluent in another language (probably Spanish because I have a foundation to build upon)
    10. Perform a song on stage
    Come On You Blues! GO BRONCOS!

I'm kinda too young to have a bucket list but there are some things id like to do

1.start a family with the girl I love

2.if I end up having a son, I would definitely want to be a coach for baseball or football or whatever sport he loved. My dad did it and I still wish I could go back to those times

3.go to New Zealand , it's beautiful there and I've always wanted to go

4.Skydiving, something about it entices me to do it

5.Be able to bench press more then 300 pounds. I don't know why but that's the number I've always wanted since I was 15

That's all I can think of right now, I'm sure there is tons more though

Wow, you guys are deep. I'm a simple guy. My bucket list?

1. Go to the Bunny Ranch with a pocket full of cash.

2. Any time I want.
    https://media.giphy.com/media/cAgxSFqbyaQgeyY3VA/giphy.gif

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoth View Post
    I'm kinda too young to have a bucket list but there are some things id like to do

1.start a family with the girl I love

2.if I end up having a son, I would definitely want to be a coach for baseball or football or whatever sport he loved. My dad did it and I still wish I could go back to those times

3.go to New Zealand , it's beautiful there and I've always wanted to go

4.Skydiving, something about it entices me to do it

5.Be able to bench press more then 300 pounds. I don't know why but that's the number I've always wanted since I was 15

That's all I can think of right now, I'm sure there is tons more though
    Go for it bud! Maybe you are bigger than me, but I was happy to bench over 200 pounds. Everything above that was gravy. And when I say everything, I did not mean another 100 pounds!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rancid View Post
    Wow, you guys are deep. I'm a simple guy. My bucket list?

1. Go to the Bunny Ranch with a pocket full of cash.

2. Any time I want.
    You naughty boy......

What about the "ice bucket list challenge"................(seems kind of trendy / theme related)

Before starting this thread myself just now, glad to see it's already been done....

Not necessarily in any order, but all something I'd love to do at least once.

1.) Get published in an anthology

2.) Travel to Ireland

3.) Travel to Alaska

4.) Climb the manitou incline

5.) Travel to London

Adopted Bronco - 2016/17 - Trevor Siemian
    Adopted Bronco - 2017/18 - Chris Harris Jr. # 25 to every player he covers
    Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by Sophia23 View Post
    Before starting this thread myself just now, glad to see it's already been done....

Not necessarily in any order, but all something I'd love to do at least once.

1.) Get published in an anthology

2.) Travel to Ireland

3.) Travel to Alaska

4.) Climb the manitou incline

5.) Travel to London
    Hey my friend....keep a pen or pencil nearby, because I believe you will scratch each one off your list someday!!

Don't let anyone tell you otherwise! Maybe even knock off a couple together, like a nice longer trip to Great Britain.

I am adding one to my list....

Write that dang book!!!!

OK....tomorrow I start.....one page at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    I am adding one to my list....

Write that dang book!!!!

OK....tomorrow I start.....one page at a time.
    the easiest thing to do when you write is procrastinate ....

Funny how those lists change over the years .... I tend to replace one's I've done with new ones ... or I'll admit, as I got further along with my life, I lost interest in some of those items that were on my list when I was younger... don't know if others run into that.

the easiest thing to do when you write is procrastinate ....

Funny how those lists change over the years .... I tend to replace one's I've done with new ones ... or I'll admit, as I got further along with my life, I lost interest in some of those items that were on my list when I was younger... don't know if others run into that.

I hear ya....writing is enjoyable, but definitely "put off" worthy. My brother has written a little trilogy, and he's pretty good at it. He minimized cost by doing some things on his own, but in the end, he probably barely made ends meet. Now, if for some reason a book of his got noticed, the end result could be very lucrative. But I suspect few folks make a lot of money.....and many seek to break even. Then again there's that feeling of achievement that comes with completion of task.

As for bucket lists and such, they can be like "resolutions" that sound great, but lose intensity at sometimes a rapid rate! But I think you'll agree, it is better to plan than to sit pat. Ah yes, but planning needs execution, and some of us fail at that point. I do believe however that thinking about things is a positive act. It can provide hope, meaning, motivation.....and perhaps the impetus for change.

Ha ha....then again, I can be a bit of a dreamer!!
    Last edited by CanDB; 04-07-2019 at 01:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    I hear ya....writing is enjoyable, but definitely "put off" worthy. My brother has written a little trilogy, and he's pretty good at it. He minimized cost by doing some things on his own, but in the end, he probably barely made ends meet. Now, if for some reason a book of his got noticed, the end result could be very lucrative. But I suspect few folks make a lot of money.....and many seek to break even. Then again there's that feeling of achievement that comes with completion of task.

As for bucket lists and such, they can be like "resolutions" that sound great, but lose intensity at sometimes a rapid rate! But I think you'll agree, it is better to plan than to sit pat. Ah yes, but planning needs execution, and some of us fail at that point. I do believe however that thinking about things is a positive act. It can provide hope, meaning, motivation.....and perhaps the impetus for change.

Ha ha....then again, I can be a bit of a dreamer!!
    It's good to have them there as something to look forward to or work towards in my opinion.

It's good to have them there as something to look forward to or work towards in my opinion.
    It's like they taught us in Winter Driving Skills......look towards where you want to go, and you will more likely end up there. Stare at the ditch or a tree, and...……………. good luck!