Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Clemson RB James Davis wants to come to Denver!

I have been a HUGE James Davis fan for a couple of years now and since he had a down year this year because of the firing of his head coach, whom he had an outstanding relationship with i think he will slip to at least the 3rd or 4th round where we can pick him up.

So i just found this article where he states he and Dener have mutual intrest in each other and him saying he would like to come to Denver.

http://clemson.scout.com/a.z?s=46&p=2&c=832971

"CS: Iím sure youíve been approached by a lot of teams in Mobile. Have any teams in particular seemed to show more interest in you than others?"

Davis: "A couple of teams have shown a lot of interest. The Denver Broncos; Iíve talked to a lot of those guys around here. I also met with the New Orleans Saints a couple of times. They just want to see what you know about the game. But those two teams definitely stood out to me."

CS: "Denver sounds like an interesting destination for you. Your game is similar to former Broncos running back great, Terrell Davis. How do you think you compare to him and can you foresee yourself in Denver next year?"

Davis: "Thatís my type of guy. With my last name being Davis and my style of play, I think Iím a Terrell Davis type of player. Iíd definitely like to go there if I could. I know a couple of guys on the team. I think Iíd fit well."

I can defiantly see the comparisons between him and TD. This is the absolute perfect RB for us and it would also allow us to use our first few picks on our biggest priority which is defense.

What do you guys think??

Nice find. I guess it couldn't hurt. I just hope we get some good defensive guys first.

He's a projected 4th rounder... so that's a possibility.

Like IDI said though... defense, defense, defense.

Draft Scout James Davis News

01/21/09 - 2009 Senior Bowl, Five players who hurt their stock Wednesday: James Davis, RB, Clemson: Davis' stock plummeted in 2008, partially because he was misused in Clemson's East-West offense early in the year. His running ability hasn't been bad in Mobile, and he just might turn out to be a nice one-cut-and-go runner in the NFL. However, Davis' pass protection skills are awful. He has some bulk (5-11, 207), but his inability to even get a hand on linebackers coming in blitz drills did not inspire any confidence in coaches to leave him on the field for play-action. - Chad Reuter, The SportsXchange, NFLDraftScout.com

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...2009&genpos=RB

Hopefully we'll see and hear some more out of him before the draft and in the Senior Bowl. If we do get a RB in the draft, I'd like to see one before the 4th round.

Ian Johnson from Boise State Broncos is my sleeper in the draft. Good rb that can do it all...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIIWwg8iOl8
    http://www.fightingmaster.com/masters/brucelee/photos/face3.jpg
    I've started with almost nothing and still got most of it

Can he play Safety?

Quote Originally Posted by sendacash View Post
    Can he play Safety?
    He can probably play safety better than the stiffs we've got :salute!:
    I'm sure we'll address our most pressing needs in the early rounds. I.J may be a second day pick...

Quote Originally Posted by dragster69 View Post
    Ian Johnson from Boise State Broncos is my sleeper in the draft. Good rb that can do it all...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIIWwg8iOl8
    I live about a 100 miles from Boise, I have seen him play quit a few times, I think he is overrated.. To be honest, I doubt he would be able to even make an NFL roster..

His play dropped off a lot in his senior year. IMO, he runs way to soft and isn't quick enough. His strait line speed isn't to bad but he wont outrun anyone in the NFL... He didn't appear to be much faster then the defenses in the WAC.

If my friends here in Idaho new I was saying this, they would probably be upset but I'm not a homer like that. Just because he plays for my favorite collage team doesn't mean I want him on the Broncos...

While Davis does look like a good prospect, didn't we use that 4th round pick on Torrain last year? We need defensive help, could we get a safety in this round?

Quote Originally Posted by sendacash View Post
    While Davis does look like a good prospect, didn't we use that 4th round pick on Torrain last year? We need defensive help, could we get a safety in this round?
    I'm sure we can get a quality safety. By most accounts, Taylor Mays was the best safety available in this year's draft, but he decided to go back to school for one more year...

Bring him in! we'd have a great power running game im all for him.
    Humm....

Quote Originally Posted by fcspikeit View Post
    I live about a 100 miles from Boise, I have seen him play quit a few times, I think he is overrated.. To be honest, I doubt he would be able to even make an NFL roster..

His play dropped off a lot in his senior year. IMO, he runs way to soft and isn't quick enough. His strait line speed isn't to bad but he wont outrun anyone in the NFL... He didn't appear to be much faster then the defenses in the WAC.

If my friends here in Idaho new I was saying this, they would probably be upset but I'm not a homer like that. Just because he plays for my favorite collage team doesn't mean I want him on the Broncos...
    He does know how to get the ball into the endzone though. Has the WAC record for the most rushing TDs. The two guys behind him? Marshall Faulk and LaDanian Tomlinson. And last I heard those guys arent too bad.

Im not saying he's a back we should take or anything, but I can definitely see him as a sleeper pick that could surprise some people in the NFL.
    LET 'ER BUCK!!!
    Adopted by: Peanut, Chazoe60, CanDB, RealBronco and JakeNbake

Quote Originally Posted by d-bronx42 View Post
    I have been a HUGE James Davis fan for a couple of years now and since he had a down year this year because of the firing of his head coach, whom he had an outstanding relationship with i think he will slip to at least the 3rd or 4th round where we can pick him up.

So i just found this article where he states he and Dener have mutual intrest in each other and him saying he would like to come to Denver.

http://clemson.scout.com/a.z?s=46&p=2&c=832971

"CS: Iím sure youíve been approached by a lot of teams in Mobile. Have any teams in particular seemed to show more interest in you than others?"

Davis: "A couple of teams have shown a lot of interest. The Denver Broncos; Iíve talked to a lot of those guys around here. I also met with the New Orleans Saints a couple of times. They just want to see what you know about the game. But those two teams definitely stood out to me."

CS: "Denver sounds like an interesting destination for you. Your game is similar to former Broncos running back great, Terrell Davis. How do you think you compare to him and can you foresee yourself in Denver next year?"

Davis: "Thatís my type of guy. With my last name being Davis and my style of play, I think Iím a Terrell Davis type of player. Iíd definitely like to go there if I could. I know a couple of guys on the team. I think Iíd fit well."

I can defiantly see the comparisons between him and TD. This is the absolute perfect RB for us and it would also allow us to use our first few picks on our biggest priority which is defense.

What do you guys think??
    While I love his optimism...sadly, there is a problem in Dove Valley.

Raji, Maualuga, Brown and Orakpo are gaining ground before the draft, if these kids have a solid combine, then there is a huge possibility that not one of the four will be there when we pick at the 12th overall spot. What does it mean? Alot possibly, cause it could mean that we not only lose out on potential targets, but will likely have to trade down or pick the best possible pick at 12, and that could mean Moreno or Wells, depending on their Pro Days and the Combine.

I am not saying that is what I want, seriously...I would not mind, but it does not help our defense that the top defensive targets are gone. And we could be left with no choice or having to force taking a trade. Give two options, trade a player or pick along with our first to gain some ground and nab one of the kids available. But the cost to do so could be in the end too costly! It sucks that we have a good draft spot, but that unlike last year the type of players we need might not be there.

And people can say oh, he will be there or he will be. Those four are being coveted by teams ahead of us: Jacksonville, Cincinnati, Buffalo, Kansas City, San Francisco and Green Bay are all big on those four. We could draft a second tier player from the likes of Laurinitas or Williams, even Johnson. But the value difference is quite large. I don't know, but I am not too optimistic about our first round pick at this time.
    ...Master Protagonist...

This is fairly offtopic.....

But Lancane...... How come it seems like you only post on this site when it gets close to draft time?

Like from December to April you post on here.

And then you go in to hybernation from May.. on..

Quote Originally Posted by JayCutler4MVP!!! View Post
    This is fairly offtopic.....

But Lancane...... How come it seems like you only post on this site when it gets close to draft time?

Like from December to April you post on here.

And then you go in to hybernation from May.. on..
    Oh, hahaha...that is because for the last few years I have been helping athletes in different fields train for certain events usually from late march until late spring, most of the events go from say Summer till early Winter. But I am not doing it this year.
    ...Master Protagonist...