Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Daniel Graham

Daniel Graham

Hey just a thought, Grahan was the T/E for McDaniel's when they both were with the pats. Why did Graham leave? Money, talent or what was it??Will he stay this time

Yes he will stay......

He went to CU it's not like he left because of mcdaniels......

He wanted to be in his home state.

I'm sure he'll stay, we offered him a 5 year 30 mil contract I believe, and NE already had Watson so I guess they figured they couldn't afford to match our offer.

Graham is one of the best blocking TE in the league, I'm sure McDaniels will use him effectively.

Quote Originally Posted by Cutler'stheMan View Post
    I'm sure he'll stay, we offered him a 5 year 30 mil contract I believe, and NE already had Watson so I guess they figured they couldn't afford to match our offer.

Graham is one of the best blocking TE in the league, I'm sure McDaniels will use him effectively.
    I think that was the crux of the issue. Watson was the "man" in NE, and Graham wanted money for doing his part.

I think Ben Tate will be the best back taken in the 2010 draft. (5/3/10)
    SportsXPicks, check out the Rants and Opinions section

He left and came here for three reasons: (1) money, (2) home state, and (3) to catch more balls.

The third one still hasn't quite come true to the extent that he'd like. We'll see how that changes with McDaniels.

Quote Originally Posted by Maharishineo View Post
    He left and came here for three reasons: (1) money, (2) home state, and (3) to catch more balls.

The third one still hasn't quite come true to the extent that he'd like. We'll see how that changes with McDaniels.

IF....... we can keep Tony healthy we may never see it.......... I like Graham I for one hope he stays

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Dog View Post
    IF....... we can keep Tony healthy we may never see it.......... I like Graham I for one hope he stays
    Well Tony's clearly the better receiver of the two, Graham is the better blocker, but he's also a capable receiver as well.

Graham will stay, he's such a valuable blocker even though the stats don't show up for him.

Logic would suggest he stays...

However, we are rumored to be looking at Pettigrew in the draft, I can't see us taking him and also keeping Graham and Sheff...

I have no link just board chatter, so don't put to much stock in us taking Pettigrew...

No one knows how good his relationship with McDaniels is? IIRC he didn't leave on the best of terms, maybe they got into a fight about him not getting enough balls thrown his way?

Also, a lot of this depends on what our primary formation will be, if we primarily need a receiving TE, there are better options then Graham. I didn't watch that many of NE games but I can't remember them having a blocking TE on the field all that much... Graham isn't the best option lined out wide, so who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by fcspikeit View Post
    Logic would suggest he stays...

However, we are rumored to be looking at Pettigrew in the draft, I can't see us taking him and also keeping Graham and Sheff...

I have no link just board chatter, so don't put to much stock in us taking Pettigrew...

No one knows how good his relationship with McDaniels is? IIRC he didn't leave on the best of terms, maybe they got into a fight about him not getting enough balls thrown his way?

Also, a lot of this depends on what our primary formation will be, if we primarily need a receiving TE, there are better options then Graham. I didn't watch that many of NE games but I can't remember them having a blocking TE on the field all that much... Graham isn't the best option lined out wide, so who knows?
    I would burn down McDaniels' house if we took Pettigrew in the 1st. He's the last thing we need in the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoserman117 View Post
    I would burn down McDaniels' house if we took Pettigrew in the 1st. He's the last thing we need in the draft.
    I'll buy the Kerosene if that happens.
    [IMG]http://www.fatwreck.com/release/record_cover/343/large/SO_Proto_coverRGB200x200.jpg?[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Hoserman117 View Post
    He hasn't even bought a house yet

Daniels left because he was a FA and wanted to be a bigger part in the passing game.

Why would you think we woud get rid of him?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    Daniels left because he was a FA and wanted to be a bigger part in the passing game.

Why would you think we woud get rid of him?
    Ravage, I believe it was more a question then a suggestion...

IMO it is a fair question, It might have been better to have worded it as such, where does Daniel Graham fit into McDaniels plans for the offense? If he were judged on his receiving abilities alone, he wouldn't grade out all that well... In fact, I would wager he is worth more to the team in trade then what he can contribute in the passing game..

Not so much because he is a bad receiver, but because he isn't a top TE receiving threat and we could get more from him in trade to a team who needs a blocking TE... It is dumb for us to pay him what we're paying him, to sit on the bench 70% of the time, while we're running the spread.

Again, I'm not saying we should trade him, just that, if we're going to be running the spread, we don't need his skill set as bad as we did in Shanahan's offense.

I think Graham is a better receiver than most give him credit for. Everyone knows how valuble he is as a blocker but I think we under utilized him as a passing threat just like New England.

There were many games he was wide open and Cutler went somewhere else instead. The Buffalo game he played great for us and to me showed he could be pretty darn good if we used him more in the passing game.

Thx,
    Joe
    To live is to suffer, to survive is to find meaning in the suffering.

**Team Signature Compliments of Stand Ablaze**

Quote Originally Posted by garzjoe View Post
    I think Graham is a better receiver than most give him credit for. Everyone knows how valuble he is as a blocker but I think we under utilized him as a passing threat just like New England.

There were many games he was wide open and Cutler went somewhere else instead. The Buffalo game he played great for us and to me showed he could be pretty darn good if we used him more in the passing game.

Thx,
    Joe
    and I think we can get him into the passing game once we can ever get a running game that keeps the defense honest.

Not to mention, he's a HUGE benefit to the short yardage game