Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
    dude give it a break, peyton manning and EVERYBODY else in the NFL has said something like this at one point or another

good god some of you people walk around with a stick up your
    It just isn't a positive thing... and that is exactly what Cutler is here to do. He's the head of our franchise. Luckily most of our defense is likely to be gone by the start of next season because you can bet all these comments from him which have now numbered to a certain frequency do not sit well with our defensive squad.

Look I am excited for Jay as anybody. Just because he's extremely athletic doesn't mean he gets a free pass on these things in my book.

Bottom line is; He's our team leader, but not acting like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zealander View Post
    No that's not funny... He can take that remark and shuv it up his .

That's not how a team leader speaks about his team. This behavior is really starting to irk me. Grow up Jay Cutler, this is how the NFL works... you are not always going to be put into a position to do whatever you want.

Hopefully McDaniels shapes up our defense so this kind of talk subsides.
    Lighten up. It was funny because it's true. I expect a team leader to say how things are, not be all happy slappy and ignore the facts.

Take the stick out your @ss

lol Jay is a funny man

Yeah I know, how dare he insult the D, considering they were so damn good this year

Loved the interview, funny, witty, he showed alot of maturity!

It just isn't a positive thing... and that is exactly what Cutler is here to do. He's the head of our franchise. Luckily most of our defense is likely to be gone by the start of next season because you can bet all these comments from him which have now numbered to a certain frequency do not sit well with our defensive squad.

Look I am excited for Jay as anybody. Just because he's extremely athletic doesn't mean he gets a free pass on these things in my book.

I'd be willing to bet most people on the defense probably didn't take offense to his comments, and personally I don't see anything wrong with them. He was, as many have said, witty, funny, and on point. And he has been very open this year about owning his own performance, good or bad. I think people get bent out of shape because of the times where he's yelling at a ref or yelling at a teammate when they mess up, but I'd rather have a vocal leader like that than someone like Griese, who was the silent type and couldn't lead effectively because of it.

Who cares, most of the players on defense that might take offense to that will be looking for employment in a couple of months anyways.

Well watching pregame show after pregame show and usually hearing the same comments.This team cant run or this team cant pass BUT the good news is they are playing the Denver Defense. I'm surprised he hasnt vented more after this last season. Nothing was said that wasnt already known. :cutler:

Quote Originally Posted by RocketArm006 View Post
    Great, more Cutler bashing in 3...2...1...
    Good call

too sensative

boy we have a sensataive group out there. it was a joke, lighten up. why is jay held to this incrediblely high standard? if you ever listen to dan patrick he will poke fun at ones expense . dan clowned the broncos for losing the last three and jay clowned the defense. the defense was bad, if you can't joke about it, what are you going to do put your head in the sand and ignore it?
    Last edited by bklynbronco; 01-29-2009 at 06:52 PM.
    Bronco fan 33 years and counting, GO BRONCOS!

What happened to accountability?

If the defense doesn't want to be laughed at, maybe they should stop playing like a bunch of clowns?

This is like a defense complaining about an offense not taking it easy on them and running up the score... If you want to be treated like men, get your butt out there and show everyone including Cutler why you deserve respect!

The way I see it is they should be laughed at... How many of our players missed the playoffs because Webster was completely lost and playing with his eyes closed? I have played team sports, There is nothing worse when you go out and bust your butt just to lose because someone else dropped the ball. It's 10 times worse when you know the work ethic of the person who let the entire team down is pour. I hate it when someone screws up and is laughing about it or passing it off as no big deal... If you want me to fight for you, you better as hell fight for me! Don't expect me to give you a free pass, just because you play on the same team... There is very little doubt our defense didn't earn the respect of the team..

IMO, they deserve all they have coming to them for laying down as much as they did..

It just seems that most people just want to hear Jay say, "Yep, the whole thing was my fault. We lost those games because of me. I should have done more..."

In certain cases, that does some good. But it would have been untrue!! Cutler has some things to work on, but seriously, he had to try to win by himself too many times. The offense gets a lead and the defense can't hold.

Manning did it. Other QBs have called out the defense and it did some good. People need to quit expecting him to be perfect. Let the guy have some fun.
    Bronco Fan For A Long, LONG Time!!! :salute!:
    How many of *YOU* saw them play at Bears Stadium???
    [IMG]http://www.ballparksofbaseball.com/past/mileold.jpg[/IMG]
    "We got 'em right where we want 'em" - Keith Bishop

Quote Originally Posted by fcspikeit View Post
    What happened to accountability?

If the defense doesn't want to be laughed at, maybe they should stop playing like a bunch of clowns?

This is like a defense complaining about an offense not taking it easy on them and running up the score... If you want to be treated like men, get your butt out there and show everyone including Cutler why you deserve respect!

The way I see it is they should be laughed at... How many of our players missed the playoffs because Webster was completely lost and playing with his eyes closed? I have played team sports, There is nothing worse when you go out and bust your butt just to lose because someone else dropped the ball. It's 10 times worse when you know the work ethic of the person who let the entire team down is pour. I hate it when someone screws up and is laughing about it or passing it off as no big deal... If you want me to fight for you, you better as hell fight for me! Don't expect me to give you a free pass, just because you play on the same team... There is very little doubt our defense didn't earn the respect of the team..

IMO, they deserve all they have coming to them for laying down as much as they did..
    CPs for you Bro! Couldn't agree more!!! It must be because you live in Idaho too... :go:
    Bronco Fan For A Long, LONG Time!!! :salute!:
    How many of *YOU* saw them play at Bears Stadium???
    [IMG]http://www.ballparksofbaseball.com/past/mileold.jpg[/IMG]
    "We got 'em right where we want 'em" - Keith Bishop

It's a great interview, anyone who thinks that comment is anything other than the same heckling that is going on thru the whole show has other issues.

Great interview.

If the defense didn't want to get made fun of they shouldn't have given up 30 PPG this year. Sometimes the truth hurts..

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarman View Post
    It just seems that most people just want to hear Jay say, "Yep, the whole thing was my fault. We lost those games because of me. I should have done more..."

In certain cases, that does some good. But it would have been untrue!! Cutler has some things to work on, but seriously, he had to try to win by himself too many times. The offense gets a lead and the defense can't hold.

Manning did it. Other QBs have called out the defense and it did some good. People need to quit expecting him to be perfect. Let the guy have some fun.
    Nobody wants to hear Jay say that it's all his fault. There is no value in calling out teammates in the media. There were more than one game this season where the offense cost the team the win. That's something he should have remembered before he made his crack. The debacle that happened in K.C. was in large part due to a bunch of turnovers, many of them from Jay himself. The failure of this season was more than just the defense. There seem to be too many Cutler apologists who want to overlook that fact in order to justify his immaturity.

An offense that's #16 in scoring doesn't have much room to throw stones. If they knew how to score, they might have made the playoffs and Shanahan might still have a job.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wont Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!