Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Stuck in AFC North region
    Posts
    194

    Question What should the Broncos do during Draft Weekend?

    From February 19 to April 29, I will be posting here instead of the thread with over 265 replies to discuss and debate everything related to the 2009 draft. I want to see what everybody thinks about how we should use each pick, if we should trade up or down in any round, which players or picks should be traded for more picks, and if we should trade picks for players to get a few veterans. Of course I also welcome any discussion about the other 31 NFL teams, but if you are a Raiders, Chargers, or Chiefs fan, you will be hit by the blue hammer!

    Is there a certain strategy you have in mind, such as jumping over Oakland in a round to make sure our enemies don't get better players? Should we draft a certain player based on how he plays the game, how good he is at playing his position, or versitality - ability to play in more than one spot if necessary? Do you think the Broncos should draft based on need or BAP? Also, are you afraid being third in line among AFC West teams will hurt us in the draft and that we will lose to Oakland and KC in the regular season if we do not trade up?

    When talking about trading up, remember the two Missouri teams switch picks during the even-numbered rounds because they were both 2-14. Oakland has the same overall record as Jacksonville (5-11) so the Raiders also swap picks. Therefore, some trade discussions must involve the Lions and Jaguars instead of the Rams and Bengals.
    [COLOR="Navy"][B][FONT="Arial"][SIZE="4"][CENTER][SIZE="4"]"What will not kill you makes you stronger."[/SIZE][/CENTER][/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/COLOR]

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    18,970
    uhmmm.. they should participate in the draft?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Middle Earth
    Posts
    2,793
    Quote Originally Posted by DarrentCB27 View Post
    From February 19 to April 29, I will be posting here instead of the thread with over 265 replies to discuss and debate everything related to the 2009 draft. I want to see what everybody thinks about how we should use each pick, if we should trade up or down in any round, which players or picks should be traded for more picks, and if we should trade picks for players to get a few veterans. Of course I also welcome any discussion about the other 31 NFL teams, but if you are a Raiders, Chargers, or Chiefs fan, you will be hit by the blue hammer!

    Is there a certain strategy you have in mind, such as jumping over Oakland in a round to make sure our enemies don't get better players? Should we draft a certain player based on how he plays the game, how good he is at playing his position, or versitality - ability to play in more than one spot if necessary? Do you think the Broncos should draft based on need or BAP? Also, are you afraid being third in line among AFC West teams will hurt us in the draft and that we will lose to Oakland and KC in the regular season if we do not trade up?

    When talking about trading up, remember the two Missouri teams switch picks during the even-numbered rounds because they were both 2-14. Oakland has the same overall record as Jacksonville (5-11) so the Raiders also swap picks. Therefore, some trade discussions must involve the Lions and Jaguars instead of the Rams and Bengals.
    Trading ahead of a team just to rob them of a certain player is dumb. Just like the idea that we should draft Moreno just to keep him away from SD is dumb.

    I'm not against trading up, but it has to be for the right player and for the right reason.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,140
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    uhmmm.. they should participate in the draft?
    Yeah, definitely draft, D-R-A-F-T, draft - Yeah... <Rain Man Voice>
    Hate List for 2016-2017 Season: 1. Oakland, 2. New England, 3. Kansas City, 4. Pittsburgh and 5. Houston (yes, Houston....)

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Burlington, New Jersey
    Posts
    397
    Quote Originally Posted by Pruke View Post
    Yeah, definitely draft, D-R-A-F-T, draft - Yeah... <Rain Man Voice>
    wat?
    ______
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    :orton: ITS TIME FOR THE ORTONATER!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Posts
    19,382
    Quote Originally Posted by Pruke View Post
    Yeah, definitely draft, D-R-A-F-T, draft - Yeah... <Rain Man Voice>
    Haha. Nice. I like Rain Man.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Where I hang my hat
    Posts
    7,742
    They should pick football players to be a part of their team. You know, like when you were a kid in school and each team picked a player until the on fat, uncoordinated kid was left. I hope they dont draft that guy. George Foster was enough for me.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    290
    This is what the Broncos should do during draft weekend:

    GET BETTER

    I don't care how as long as they get better. Silly question.
    [B][U][SIZE="4"]Owned:[/SIZE][/U][/B]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Stuck in AFC North region
    Posts
    194
    Quote Originally Posted by jhildebrand View Post
    They should pick football players to be a part of their team. You know, like when you were a kid in school and each team picked a player until the on fat, uncoordinated kid was left. I hope they dont draft that guy. George Foster was enough for me.
    This is nothing like being a kid in school. We are talking about 300 players and at least 224 draft picks (probably more) for 32 teams. That means some guys who are perfectly fit, in shape, and well-coordinated will not be drafted. Why do you mention George Foster?
    [COLOR="Navy"][B][FONT="Arial"][SIZE="4"][CENTER][SIZE="4"]"What will not kill you makes you stronger."[/SIZE][/CENTER][/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/COLOR]

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Stuck in AFC North region
    Posts
    194

    This thread needs a sticky

    Can somebody make sure this thread is always on Page 1 so people remember to post on it? I made this up to put all ideas about the draft and what Denver should do together to make it easier for you all.
    [COLOR="Navy"][B][FONT="Arial"][SIZE="4"][CENTER][SIZE="4"]"What will not kill you makes you stronger."[/SIZE][/CENTER][/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/COLOR]

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Stuck in AFC North region
    Posts
    194
    I guess nobody will discuss the draft with me because everyone loves to make up their own threads and do not care if there are 50 threads on the same topic.
    [COLOR="Navy"][B][FONT="Arial"][SIZE="4"][CENTER][SIZE="4"]"What will not kill you makes you stronger."[/SIZE][/CENTER][/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/COLOR]

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    5,744
    Alot will depend on Free Agency, but honestly I think this is what they should do!

    #1. Defense, defense, defense. Of the 9 picks we have, I think at least 6 of them should be used on D.
    #2 There are only 4 positions I feel we are really set at and should not even consider using a top 4 rounds pick on them. QB, WR, TE, and O-line.
    #3 Do not trade up. We need our picks and unless we get a great deal to move up and get a player we really covet, avoid trading up.

    I say we really pursue hard in a Free Agency D-line and D-backs so in the draft I would say we need to get 2 or 3 good Linebackers that fit a 3-4.

    This is what I feel we need to do on draft weekend.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •