Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    I for some reason like this move. To tell u the truth I don't want the broncos to get a running back who carries the ball 30 times a game. My reasoning is simply we are a passing team. Why get a bona-fide starter in here when we can get role players. This way we have Hillis, Buckhalter and Torain as the big bangers and Arrington as our Sproles. I'll take it unlike most people.
    With these Bronx thru no matter what!!!

The POST only says DEN is bringing these guys in. I see nothing official about a signing, or even an emminent signing? I do read that DEN is negotiating terms with Mike Wright.

If this is true... again... I'll reserve judgement until I see the contract details.

If the intention is to bring in a 3rd down back, like Faulk... And the money is irrelevant... I cannot complain.

Still looks like we have to draft that potential #1 back though.

Got a text saying the Broncos have agreed to terms with both backs...

Quote Originally Posted by Ohenhen12345 View Post
    But you have to understand that Broncos fans are skeptical because of past experiences with players like Dewayne Robertson who are injury prone, and have turned out to be bust. And why should the Broncos sign an unproven player like Buckhalter, injury prone player like Buckhalter, when there are cheaper, younger alternatives through the draft.
    First you have to realize you did not and will not sign either player for Micheal Turner money...Two, Denver still can draft a James Davis, Clemson or a Kory Sheets, Purdue in the 3rd/4th rd and bring them along at their pace...

To Correll Buckhalter...Here is an 8yr vet with size (6 220), good hands, good blocker...Has a 2nd gear (4.45 still @ 30), led ALL NFL rb's last yr. in plays over 20yds. WHILE playing behind a premier RB in Westbrook but still accounting for over 700yds...

The Negatives...3 major knee surgeries

The positive...Low miles in 8 yrs and has been healthy the last 2 yrs., and carry the load/share until a young draftee is ready to carry the load...

Everyone knows that Denver system is RB friendly...One cut and go!! You have a 220pd RB that can protect CUtler, be a 3/4 option in the passing game and has postseason exp.

I just want this to not be true. I think we HAD enough good guys at RB, I didnt like Pope, Boyd or Aldridge and Hall, but now we'll have possibly: Arrington, Buckhalter, Hillis, Young, Pittman, Bell, Torain? I am guessing that if we sign those two, Young/Bell compete for that spot and Pittman is dundies? That sucks...

Thats what logic would say anyways, unless were going to have RB's playing WR lol

Quote Originally Posted by BarkdogRX7 View Post
    I just want this to not be true. I think we HAD enough good guys at RB, I didnt like Pope, Boyd or Aldridge and Hall, but now we'll have possibly: Arrington, Buckhalter, Hillis, Young, Pittman, Bell, Torain? I am guessing that if we sign those two, Young/Bell compete for that spot and Pittman is dundies? That sucks...

Thats what logic would say anyways, unless were going to have RB's playing WR lol
    Pittman and Bell are free agents. The only one I can see having a shot at coming back is Bell because he lives in Denver, but that is a reach.

Right now we have Hillis and Torain to bang, Buckhalter provides quality depth, and Young and Arrington for change of pace\KR. We also might find a decent back in the mid rounds, like Ian Johnson if he falls to the 5th or 6th. Personally, I don't think he falls past the 5th, but we will see how it all plays out.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Pittman and Bell are free agents. The only one I can see having a shot at coming back is Bell because he lives in Denver, but that is a reach.

Right now we have Hillis and Torain to bang, Buckhalter provides quality depth, and Young and Arrington for change of pace\KR. We also might find a decent back in the mid rounds, like Ian Johnson if he falls to the 5th or 6th. Personally, I don't think he falls past the 5th, but we will see how it all plays out.
    Ahh, I didnt know they were free agents, so that pretty much means Pittman is done with us, sucks...he was just my underdog to make the team. He did well in short yardage for us. Thanx for the info

You people Who Dont like the Corell Siging are STUPID. Just plain Stupid. The guys good hes been doing everything Westbrooks done when given the oppurtunity(when haealthy) Also lets not forget we have like 6 other backs on the team one of thems bound to be good.

The only signing i didint like was J.Jarrington he SOFT.
    -Bronco in UT

While I both agree and disagree with many posts in this thread I have to lean towards champ on this one. [B][COLOR="DarkOrange"]Jay really needs to learn how to manage the game better, and also to learn that you don't have to go for the big play [U]EVERY[/U] time on every drive[/COLOR][/B]. There is something to be said to check the ball down and live to fight another day. -Great Post Cut the Excuses out please. sigh...

Helll of a post

Quote Originally Posted by BarkdogRX7 View Post
    Ahh, I didnt know they were free agents, so that pretty much means Pittman is done with us, sucks...he was just my underdog to make the team. He did well in short yardage for us. Thanx for the info
    I agree-

I was hoping that Pittman would be back too. He was definitely a benefit to the team last year{good effort, good receiver, good between the tackles}.

just get ray lewis...and i will forgive these stupid signings...I really don't care for them...but im just a bum fan
    Learn From Every One...Idolize No One

Quote Originally Posted by DaSwami View Post
    Obviously by reading half the post, half of ya know nothing about football...

Correll Buckhalter was an EXCELLENT signing for Denver...He is an experience back that can catch the ball, good blocker, led the all RBs in the NFL last year with most plays over 20yds, excellent vision to excel in Denver system.

He has low miles on his legs even though he is 30 and has fully recover from 3 past knee surgeries (played the last 2 yrs no problem), he is 6' 220pds with a 2nd gear...Before you bad mouth your team choices, do your homework...

This isnt a bunch of Cleveland Browns discarded trash...

JJ Arrington is another RB with mid 4.3 speed that can return Kickoff's and be in the mix @ RB...These 2 men can fill in for the next 2-3 yrs while Denver breaks in a rookie RB for the future...This team is a border playoff team that need pieces to get em to the next level...

Glad I get to make 1st post to correct some useless chatter
    Buckhalter has missed an entire season THREE separate times, Swami, so eat me!

Welcome to the boards, Swami. .......

Quote Originally Posted by Aija View Post
    No damn way. I live in Philly and have seen Buckhalter all of his careet. The guy is utter trash. A spell back with decent hands who blew out both his knees a few years ago. And Arrington? A complete bust in Arizona. No damn way. I'm really pissed right now.
    I hear that!!!! I live here in Philly too and Buckhalter is an utter waste of money!!! ARRINGTON??? What has he EVER DONE?????

I never disputed past injuries and obviously you cant read or didnt read the whole post? I know for fact, Correll Buckhalter brings a lot of value to this team...

Then again Stzned...Miss the playoffs again, cry a river Stnzed cause too many fans like you dont know football or what it takes to put a championship team on the field...

Clueless in Philly

Quote Originally Posted by SwedeBronco View Post
    I hear that!!!! I live here in Philly too and Buckhalter is an utter waste of money!!! ARRINGTON??? What has he EVER DONE?????
    LMFAOOO r u 2 serious?!?!?! What Eagles team have you 2 blind bats been watching for the last 8 yrs...Correll B. was such trash, Eagles would of never stuck with him for 8 yrs...He wouldnt of out last draft pick after draft pick...he was a vital part of the team whether playing FB, Split backfield and on occassion filling for Westbrook..How about you 2 so-call Philadelphians go check Buck stats and then come back apologize to board, for intimiate Football fans

Quote Originally Posted by DaSwami View Post
    LMFAOOO r u 2 serious?!?!?! What Eagles team have you 2 blind bats been watching for the last 8 yrs...Correll B. was such trash, Eagles would of never stuck with him for 8 yrs...He wouldnt of out last draft pick after draft pick...he was a vital part of the team whether playing FB, Split backfield and on occassion filling for Westbrook..How about you 2 so-call Philadelphians go check Buck stats and then come back apologize to board, for intimiate Football fans
    Remind me, Swami...without your arseholeness involved...if Buckhaltette was so wonderful, why he never made it to the starting lineup? He has been a back up for eight years, and rotational player! Not three or four, like Turner or Sproles and a few others...but eight! So do not go off on some rant about how he is underrated, there has never been a question regarding the position in Phili...because he and Westbrook were always a tandum, only once in a great while did Westbrook really do anything other then what? Coming on stonger in the last three years...neither of them have been much more then additions to one another, so don't bull**** anyone here.

Buckhalter is a piece of crap, like Henry and many others in this league and personally I hope Arrington whoops his arse for the starting job...and even though I don't like it...I would prefer Hillis be running the rock for us over this piece of garbage.

...Master Protagonist...