Page 1 of 73 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

If Lynch retires... Make a run at Brian Dawkins?

So I just read Cugel's thread with the we're not one position away from Superbowl contention, and how if Lynch retires, we'll take a hit like we took with Wilson's departure last year. Well I just had a friggin' epiphany man!

I live in the Philly area and I was watching the Eagles pregame show yesterday and they were talking about the offseason and whatnot, and it sounded as if they're going to enter that rebuilding period. They're considering trading McNabb as you all know, but the interesting thing here is that they are highly considering releasing veterans like Jevon Kearse, LJ Smith, and BRIAN DAWKINS.

How would you love to have that physical presence in this secondary? Wooooo! That man is a freakin' machine! Plus he has just as much if not more heart than any defender we've had in the past century, and I'm not hating, I'm just saying...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qe5B8W8ZyR4

Does that not give you chills? The Ray Lewis of safeties.

I could definitely imagine Shanny making a run at him too. Although, I bet Dan Snyder would go after him instead, and he'd probably want to stay on the east coast since he's lived here all those years.

BRING HIM IN SHANNY!!!!!!

Be right back, I need to go tackle a tree or something now

HAWKINS BABY!!!
    Last edited by ReleaseTheBeast7; 12-31-2007 at 06:33 PM.

Hells yea, put me on the Dawkins Bandwagon!!! Woot Woot!

He's not a longterm solution though, but what the hell.

I don't know... it would be an alright pick up.

The only thing is, Brian Dawkins better days are behind him.

He'll be 35 next year, and it would just make me a whole lot happier if we looked for younger players.

You can make the argument that Lynch came here at age 35 and made the pro bowl two years in a row, but I would really just like to look for a young play maker.

But to answer your question RTB, if he came at the right price.. AND Lynch retired, then sure why not.

I'd rather take my lumps with a young player filling in for Lynch, if he does indeed retire.

I can't argue the fact that Dawkins has a passion and leadership qualities that this team could benefit from. Not to mention that when he's healthy, he's a probowler.

I'd rather see youth, because I agree with Cugel that we're definitely more that one offseason away from making real noise in the AFC, but I damn sure couldn't complain if the situation presented itself.

Quote Originally Posted by B4Bronco6 View Post
    I don't know... it would be an alright pick up.

The only thing is, Brian Dawkins better days are behind him.

He'll be 35 next year, and it would just make me a whole lot happier if we looked for younger players.

You can make the argument that Lynch came here at age 35 and made the pro bowl two years in a row, but I would really just like to look for a young play maker.

But to answer your question RTB, if he came at the right price.. AND Lynch retired, then sure why not.
    We can still get a younger guy early in the draft, but until he develops, we need someone that brings as much leadership as that of a Brian Dawkins. And there's no one else better than Brian Dawkins himself
    Last edited by ReleaseTheBeast7; 12-31-2007 at 06:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseTheBeast7 View Post
    We can still get a younger guy early in the draft, but until he develops, we need someone that brings as much leadership as that of a Brian Dawkins. And there's no one else better than Brian Dawkins himself
    The next question would be.. would he want to come to Denver with our current situation of the defense.

The next question would be.. would he want to come to Denver with our current situation of the defense.
    Why not? Help turn this train around!

Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseTheBeast7 View Post
    Why not? Help turn this train around!
    We'll have to wait and see.

We'll have to wait and see.
    Yeah, he wasn't even released yet(Gay)

Are you guys nuts. I lvie in Philly so I should know. The guy has been inm and out of the lineup not to mention he is 36 years old. Come on man. The Eagles themselves are talking about upgrading.
    Only a fool allows another's opinion to anger him to the point of hurling insults.

Quote Originally Posted by Aija View Post
    Are you guys nuts. I lvie in Philly so I should know. The guy has been inm and out of the lineup not to mention he is 36 years old. Come on man. The Eagles themselves are talking about upgrading.
    Well for living in Philly and knowing, you are off on his age...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/player...e?statsId=3558

Brian Dawkins on his way to visit Broncos

no link yet, just saw it on NFLN from Schefter.

dawkins coming?

Brian dawkins is coming in for visit according to Adam Schef. No source, but he just said it on TV. Thoughts?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

DITTO! and I am very excited to hear this! I had a blog bosted where people eat my a$$ up for saying I liked him...how stupid I was ect... now who is stupid.. I called it.

Yup just heard that too. I know he is alittle older but that guy will bring leadership and he still can play 2 more years. Then if the Ray Lewis rumors are real, that is alot of leadership and gives the Broncos staff a couple years to rebuild the defense.