Page 46 of 73 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 56 ... LastLast
    I'm torn between being beyond excited about this and feeling the eagle fans' heartbreak, as well as Dawkin's own. My husband is a die-hard eagle fan, so for about 6 years I've seen every eagles game and have come to love dawkins more than just about any player out there. His intensity, his passion, the fact that he's a classy guy. He's truly a pleasure to watch both on and off the field.

Anyhow, my husband's not wanting to talk about it right now, lol, but the one thing I keep telling him is at least he'll still see Dawkins play in every game, as his wife's an obsessed bronco fan. Though I must admit, seeing Dawkins in orange and blue is going to be both amazing and disturbing, even for me, lol. Honestly, even thinking about it makes me sad right now - but I'm sure that will pass.

Well, that's it. I just wanted to say that I understand what he means to you guys, and I can't wait for all the bronco fans out there to begin to understand what he will mean to them. He's definitely a player to treasure, and I know we will.
    Orange/Blue Girl in L.A.

Quote Originally Posted by BDAWK4EVR View Post
    Come live here..watch him choke away every big game we are ever in.
    NFCchampionship game 01 throws pick to aneas williams rams game over

NFCCG 02 throws two picks against Bucs and watches rhonde barber run down sidelines to end the season and last game at the Vet

NFFCG 03 throws 2 picks to ricky manning jr panthers game over

super bowl 04 ( i was there ) throws two picks to rodney harrison and one other and throws up in the last drive of the game before he throws the game ending INT to rodney harrison

he is a FING JOKE !!!!!!!! If he had the amount of Heart Dawkins has in his ass he would be a great QB but as it stands he is a bitc&

Thank you for your time..I hate McNabb so sorry hahahaha
    Give me Cutler and a new gatorade jug you can have McINT
    OK so youre going to sign up here and start talking trash with Broncos fans about McNabb? Seriously? All I said was that hes not THAT bad of a Qb.

I mean did you ever stop to think that if you guys didnt have McNabb then you wouldnt have gotten to those championship games? I dont know, just a thought. Honestly I couldnt care less.

And sorry, we'll keep Cutler.

Quote Originally Posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
    We Bronco fans are like you Philly fans when it comes to the Cutler thing and the Dawkins thing.

Big difference though is that Cutler has years left in his career so it's scaring the hell out of us
    Honestly, we live through it with McNabb. This was a guy booed on draft day because we wanted Ricky Williams. Hes had something to prove since day 1 and has done some silly things too. Until he wins a ring he will do no right in many peoples eyes and thats a shame because he is a great QB and a great person.

While hes had the pressure of a frustrated city and 5 failed playoff runs- he didnt have to live in the shadow of Elway like Cutler does. Cutler is human and knowing what I seen of his condition- trust me hes gonna have issue and make mistakes- hopefully he will learn.

I do agree with the Birds guys on here and the Atwater/Dawkins comparisions- trust me, its not even close. You guys will learn soon enough what Brian Dawkins will bring to this team and will agree. And playing with Bailey, he won't be hung out to dry like he was in Philly (thats not a slight on the Philly CBs but they were more famous for jumping routes than coverage) He will do whatever he can to win for his teammates and the organization. And if things dont go right he points fingers at himself and not his teammates. It might not happen overnight but the lockerroom will get the message.

And I did forget about Buckhalter. If he stays healthy, you guys will be very pleased. He's not far below Westbrook and has the same ability to turn a 2 yd run into a 20 yd TD.

I think 2 Eagle fans bashing each other on a Broncos forum is pretty funny.

Just kidding I think McNabb is a good QB and sometimes I feel that Eagles fans are spoiled. But I am entering a bad territory. The point of this thread is to honor Dawkins not bash McNabb.

I am happy we have a leader on D.

Quote Originally Posted by Cutty6006 View Post
    OK so youre going to sign up here and start talking trash with Broncos fans about McNabb? Seriously? All I said was that hes not THAT bad of a Qb.

I mean did you ever stop to think that if you guys didnt have McNabb then you wouldnt have gotten to those championship games? I dont know, just a thought. Honestly I couldnt care less.

Just FYI, but a lot of Eagles fans realize the things you say about McNabb. But like the guy your responding to and the rest of the McNabb haters, your not going to concince them otherwise. Just let it be. It's almost pointless.
    [B][COLOR="Green"][SIZE="4"][FONT="Palatino Linotype"]DAWKINS - FOREVER AN EAGLE!!![/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[IMG]http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d182/pefreak522/eagbdawkmoviesig23vm-1.gif[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Cutty6006 View Post

He is fighting with another Eagles fan not us.

Thanks for the good words.

I just watched an interview he did with CBS4Denver and it ended in a way that shows his heart.

When he was told that a former teammate simply said "thanks" when asked if he had anything he wanted to say to Dawk now that he had left. Dawk couldn't even answer the question, he just broke down.

I love great character guys and it looks like Dawk will be one of the best. That's good for the team, good for Denver and hopefully will be good for Dawk.

:salute!:
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?u=4223&type=sigpic&dateline=1244089821

Dawkins and the Orange Jersey?

Did anyone else notice they handed Dawkins an Orange #20 Jersey? In years past they all had the stock home jersey the blue ones. Is McD making a change in uniform? Are we going to the all orange jersey. Just something I was thinking about when I watched the news conference.

Anyone know any details?

I've been all aboard the Dawkins train

He's exactly who we need... sorry for your loss though =/

= Brian Dawkins
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Quote Originally Posted by pefreak520 View Post
    Just FYI, but a lot of Eagles fans realize the things you say about McNabb. But like the guy your responding to and the rest of the McNabb haters, your not going to concince them otherwise. Just let it be. It's almost pointless.
    Yeah I noticed.

Quote Originally Posted by IDI I3R0NC0 IBI View Post
    He is fighting with another Eagles fan not us.
    I said that McNabb isnt that bad of a Qb, and he responded to that by saying how much he sucks and that theyll take Cutler and we can have "McInt"

Regardless, he actually was indirectly saying how much he'd rather have Cutler than McNabb.

ANYway though, I can't wait to see next year's defense. Champ+Dawkins will be a nice backfield of skill and leadership. At the same time though, I am kind of sad after reading different Eagles' forums this past hour. At least I do know for a fact that we will be getting one hell of a player.

Trust me losing iverson is nothing compared to losing dawkins. I'm 26 years old and dawkins is the most beloved player in any a sport in Philadelphiathat ive ever seen hands down. The whole city is depresed over this. Congrats Denver you just ripped our hearts out of our chest.

Losing dawkins hurts worse than losing the super bowl, losing th Stanley cup, losing the NBA title and iverson combined, and losing the world series on a joe carter home run. The eagles organization may never recover from this negative pr. The phillies have officially become the number 1 sports team in Philly. Screw you joe banner and jeff lurid. B dawk we'll get you that rocky statue you deserve.

20 for life, Brian Dawkins first ballet hall if fame

Quote Originally Posted by Holmesdx View Post
    Trust me losing iverson is nothing compared to losing dawkins. I'm 26 years old and dawkins is the most beloved player in any a sport in Philadelphiathat ive ever seen hands down. The whole city is depresed over this. Congrats Denver you just ripped our hearts out of our chest.

Losing dawkins hurts worse than losing the super bowl, losing th Stanley cup, losing the NBA title and iverson combined, and losing the world series on a joe carter home run. The eagles organization may never recover from this negative pr. The phillies have officially become the number 1 sports team in Philly. Screw you joe banner and jeff lurid. B dawk we'll get you that rocky statue you deserve.

20 for life, Brian Dawkins first ballet hall if fame
    We didn't rip your hearts out. Your owners did. We are just estactic to be the recipient of what appears to be a great deal on our part.

But for now, we are having a Jay Cutler meltdown. McNabb was even mentioned on these boards.

And WOW. You put the Philly fan base of all sport angles in perspective with this post. You guys are hungry like Denver but at least they have One Stanley Cup and two Super Bowls to hang their hats on. The Nuggets are probably the closest thing to a title in the near future for Denver and even that could get spoiled once again because of those F'ing Lakers.

Keep your chin up Philly.
    Last edited by BroncoManiac_69; 03-01-2009 at 12:56 AM.
    *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women***

I just cant see how a 36 year old safety is gonna do us any good! He has what 1-2 years left?