View Poll Results: Who do you support?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jay Cutler

18 38.30%
  • Denver Broncos

29 61.70%
Page 1102 of 1461 FirstFirst ... 102 602 1002 1052 1092 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1112 1152 1202 ... LastLast
Results 16,516 to 16,530 of 21901
    Quote Originally Posted by pitnlala View Post
    I own an insurance agnecy in the Denver area. I am not nearly as smart as some of my clients that are engineers, and scientists. However, none of them would stand a chance at doing what I do for a living.

It may not be the best analogy, but all ll I am saying is someone can be very smart, but a bad fit for a certain situation, and unable to pick up certain aspects of a job.

And as has been noted numerous times...whether we as fans believe it or not, it doesnt matter. If McD thinks he cant pick up the system- that would matter.
    First of all, you're right your analogy isn't very good in fact I would say it doesn't even fit. That being said the report who wrote the piece heard it 3rd hand and it didn't sound like she didn't verify it. Now couple that with fact she even expunged the mud slinging portion of her blog within 24 hours that should speak volumes to anyone who has common sense.

By the way I haven't heard any guys who know the game say anything remotely close to thinking Jay would be to dumb to run the offense. On the contrary I heard people say that this offense would probably be an even better fit for Cutler.
    John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/2...iamssigwj2.jpg

Thanks Snk16

This is all a bunch of BS, the story is so big around the country that we see all these media people and wanna be types crawling out of the woodwork like cockroaches claiming 'un-named sources', they are all just looking to sell more papers, up their TV ratings, or further their careers by simply making things up that cant be proved or disproved without direct comments from the coach or player in a 'one on one' interview with said reporter. there is only one 'insider' that i actually trust and believe and thats Adam Schefter , he has 'Real' connections on the inside and i cant remember the last time he was wrong on a big story, all these other un-known internet people with blogs working at a local tv stations can keep their 'inside' information to themselfs as far as im concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by mojo0730 View Post
    What I'd really like to know, is why is it this 'reporter' didn't follow up her single source by contacting Cutler or the Broncos? How come she didn't go to some of the local clubs and bars to speak with the patrons to find out if they've even seen Cutler frequently in their establishments?

Again, it's irresponsible mud slinging. This reporter may very well be right, but she did a horrible job following up on her source, and it's impossible to take this article as anything other than slanderous.
    The beauty of it is she is quoting someone who is quoting someone else.

Essentially she is saying "I heard someone say that they heard someone say."

It is common knowledge that this type of "grapevine" communication is not credible at all. This does not discount that there were some concerns expressed somewhere, but I can't believe that this lady is being taken seriously.
    Last edited by Al Wilson 4 Mayor; 03-26-2009 at 09:31 AM.

Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

The orgin of McJaygate

This is only speculation

Does anyone wonder the real reason why McDaniels didn't want Cutler?

Could it be rooted in the fact that Cutler doesn't bother reading defenses, because his arm is so strong and fairly accurate he doesn't need to?

Could it be that McDaniels questions if its worth his time to teach a QB who's had success doing things his way, and Culter represents a theat that could challenge his new system that depended more on timing and presnap reads.

Shannahan/Bates was a great play caller Jay was often left with 2 read plays with high probabilities of success.

Maybe McDaniels is use to training QB's who are more open to idea's and ways of doing things. It surely would seem easier to train a 7th and 6th round QB prosepects as opposed to a highly paid 1st round player full of talent. Maybe McDaniels doesn't respond well to QB's with ego's who would challenge his authority.

Just speculation on my part, but does any of this have merit?
    Last edited by ARF; 03-26-2009 at 10:31 AM.
    I wish the season would hurry up

mental acumen? lol the dude went to and graduated from Vandy not an issue.He also learned Shannahans O by all acounts it takes about three years to learn the whole O even Elway took that long.

Secondly he is a Diabetic..Drinking is a no no to much sugar.

The report is false.
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

Quote Originally Posted by Momentum View Post
    Fishing for anything to support their opinions. The fact is, Jay won't play another down for us.
    Your signature text is hilarious. Hilarious in that it is patently false. Cutler himself confirmed that he never asked for a trade back in January, and McDaniels did not deny this. Quote from Jay himself:

"Yes, I was upset when they let Jeremy go because Mr. Bowlen had assured me when Mike [Shanahan] was fired that the offense wouldn't change because it was the second-ranked offense in football," Cutler said. "But I didn't push for a trade then."

Link
    Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by theshiverman View Post
    This is all a bunch of BS, the story is so big around the country that we see all these media people and wanna be types crawling out of the woodwork like cockroaches claiming 'un-named sources', they are all just looking to sell more papers, up their TV ratings, or further their careers by simply making things up that cant be proved or disproved without direct comments from the coach or player in a 'one on one' interview with said reporter. there is only one 'insider' that i actually trust and believe and thats Adam Schefter , he has 'Real' connections on the inside and i cant remember the last time he was wrong on a big story, all these other un-known internet people with blogs working at a local tv stations can keep their 'inside' information to themselfs as far as im concerned.
    The fact is she expunged that portion from her blog that should tell us all something right there and the fact she had the information 3rd hand for crying out loud.
    John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/2...iamssigwj2.jpg

Thanks Snk16

Quote Originally Posted by pitnlala View Post
    "Two things that kept coming up were concerns about Cutler's alcohol consumption (given his diabetes) and "that's he not that (football) sharp."

"That scared the crap out of McDaniels,” the source told me.

This was deleted overnight by Fox, and she fought and had it put back in by giving more info to Fox about her sources. She deffinitely had more to say but she said that for now she would only tell the radio guys the rest off-air.
    LOL, not that football sharp? Whoever said that didn't watch the Browns game this past season. He recognized on two different plays, at the line of scrimmage, that coverage on Eddie Royal was going to be completely blown based on the formation he was facing. The first time, he did a hurry up snap and rolled right, hitting Eddie easily to get them to the 1 yard line. The second time, he recognized the safety coverage and hit Eddie on the hands for an easy TD on a guy who Eddie was beating all day long. The guy has plenty of football smarts. Anyone who's actually watched him play for more than ten minutes knows this.
    Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

At no point did McDaniels not want Cutler. He listened to offers for Cassel because that is a guy he worked with and developed, and he is a guy that already knows the system. It isn't like he has listened to any other offers that we know about. It isn't like he wants any other QB other than Cutler. It looks to me like the only guy he was willing to even listen to offers for was Cassel. Otherwise he would be more than willing to listen to all the teams bidding on Cutler now. If he is currently telling the truth, they haven't listened to any of them.

If he didn't or doesn't think Cutler can handle his system for any reason, Cutler will be traded without even asking for it. This isn't about not likeing Cutler, it is about loving Cassel.

Just because the guy throws ints sometimes doesn't mean he doesn't read defenses. Watch highlights from the Browns game and you will see that not only does he read defenses, but is able to exploit defenses well as a game goes on.

It is speculation, idle at that and has no merit.

Jay Cutler doesnīt even fit the system

I didnīt want coach McDaniels getting hired. To me the Patriots teams of the past are yardage imperative forced by game plan machines.

First of all they were the first to employ what I call the "pre collapsed" offensive line. They employed huge offensive linemen, who can "anchor" as coach McDaniels calls it. Essentially means they donīt move very much. They line up with hardly a gap between their feet in a very tight formation, the center is the only one who is actually on the line of scrimmage, the others are aligned in a V-formation, sometimes even already standing up (what has to be a rule violation by the way). This means it is virtually impossible for the defensive interior linemen to penetrate. Itīs also impossible for the defensive end to get to the quarterback, because to do so would require an extreme angle, which only a blitzing cornerback could do, remember the offensive tackles are already aligned for pass blocking, if the defensive end rushes all they have to do is back up.

The quarterback in this schematic, and you can watch Tom Brady and Matt Cassell have an extreme back drop. They drop back really fast and really far ending up bouncing around on their back foot. What is obvious is the drop back fast and far and then wait. They have that luxury because they are hard to sack due to the pre collapsed offensive line. Whatīs important though is they drop back and wait, then throw.

If you watch Jay Cutlerīs dynamic, heīs leaning forward, heīs ready to drill it at any distance. Also his willingness to improvise and choose the so called eligible receiver (the most open man) on a moments notice should not appeal to coach McDaniels. His quarterbacks take a more measured approach they down check whether receivers are open, going from option one all the way down to option four (running back). It means there is a set sequence of eligible receivers. They mentally check off who is covered, arriving at the only plausible free receiver. There is no improvisation what so ever. Itīs a machine. Jay Cutler will not play for a machine.
    mooncamping is a new Cleveland Browns fan
    [IMG]http://blog.cleveland.com/sports/2008/08/medium_Rogers[/IMG]

[IMG]http://www.logoblog.org/images/denver-broncos-1960-logo.png[/IMG]

Your just speculatin' and psychoanalyzin', and that's all well and good. After all, ain't that what we're all gettin' paid to do?

I ain't gonna debate you.

But I would like to see the feud get patched up and then start speculatin' on how good our D# is gonna be and how much better Cutler is gonna be in the new offense with a wunderkind head coach who's also the O-Coordinator and the QB Coach. That would be funner that what we been goin'g through for the last month.

I wouldn't care if we started running a single wing if it was successful. If Cutler can't run it then we will find someone who can, simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Apoc13 View Post
    i think everybody is arguing the same point here

what the 'old timers', for lack of a better word, saw how the media and some fans treated john elway back in the late 80's/early 90's

he was wrongly criticized for not being able to win the big one...it wasn;t about not being able to win the big one, it was about not having a complete team to support him

and i don't think anybody is comparing elway to cutler, just that we've seen this routine before...give cutler a complete team around him so we can actually see if he's a poor game manager or can't win in the nfl

ben roethlisberger was not a good qb this season but his team gave him the opportunity to be a hero and he showed that he can be...i want cutler to get that chance before he's run out of town and gets that chance with somebody else
    Very good point. And this is where people might be on different sides of the fence on this issue. Elway is one example of a young gifted QB who went through tough times before he was the Darling of Denver. But on the flipside you also have examples like Jeff George, a guy who had all the tools but was a problem child from the get go and never got his career off the ground. There have been many examples like Jeff George, and unfair as it may be, people can be leery that Jay MIGHT go down the same path and some already assume he will.

So, while we have good examples like Elway, there also bad ones that people will draw from. The one thing Jay has going for him is that he can change everything just by showing up and shutting all of his critics up. He truly has his fate in his hands and can let his play do the talking. I hope he does it here.