View Poll Results: Who do you support?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jay Cutler

18 38.30%
  • Denver Broncos

29 61.70%
Page 1104 of 1461 FirstFirst ... 104 604 1004 1054 1094 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1114 1154 1204 ... LastLast
Results 16,546 to 16,560 of 21901
    ^^^ Your post also brings me to another question would sitting in the pocket going through the neccesary reads and taking excessive sacks be a hazard to his medical condition?
    I wish the season would hurry up

Quote Originally Posted by jhns View Post
    Did you watch the past couple seasons? Jay had to play like the best QB in the league for us to win. If he didn't play as the best QB in the league, we lost.

So yes, winning was all in Jays lap this past season and losing was on the defense. We made Jay carry the team.
    yes I did watch the last 2 seasons and I saw the Broncos win or lose not just 1 player they are a team and should be treated as such.You saw what jay is reduced to in the probowl when he had no protection,if jay has no team mates what is he going to do hell maybe coach should just put jay out by himself after all he is the only guy who wins in your view

To me, it don't matter if Cutler, Elway, or Joe friggin Montanna is the QB, if this DEFENSE isn't better this season, they are STILL going to SUCK big time, and all this talk about a new coach, a new system, new free agents, new QB, will not mean a DAMN thing! Unless it show results! If they win at LEAST 9 games, make the playoffs, and play better defense, I for one will have forgotton all about this crap come December!!!:salute!:
    oh YEAH?

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
    hmmmm.

Cutler throwing into Brandon Marshall who's triple covered is probably where McDaniels is going with "mental acumen". McDaniels probably asked him why and Jay said, "hey! I have a stronger arm than John Elway"

If that's the case I can completely agree with McDaniels.
    That's pretty funny stuff right there!

Unfortunately, there is an element to truth to it. I would give you CP, but for some reason mine is not working......

Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Quote Originally Posted by Axemaster View Post
    Where does everyone get off by dogging Sammy Winder so much? He was a two time All-Pro, and 2 time 1000 yard rusher, and near the top in all the Bronco record books???
    I don't believe he is dogging Winder per say. Winder was a very good back in his time. There for about 2 or 3 years he was one of the best backs in the AFC.

I think the point that he is making is that until guys like Shannon Sharpe came along there were really no exceptional playmakers around
    Elway, just some good players.

Rod Smith was probably the best WR that has ever played for the Broncos (prior to Brandon). He was not ever really considered a top 5 wide receiver in the league, but yet he was still the best all around receiver Elway had ever played with.

The 3 amigos were good, but they weren't the type of playmakers that would take over a game. They were all very much the same skill set. 5'10" approx 180 pounds with better than average speed and good route running.

I do admit though, Winder was fun to watch there for a few years before he started to lose a step.

Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
    hmmmm.

Cutler throwing into Brandon Marshall who's triple covered is probably where McDaniels is going with "mental acumen". McDaniels probably asked him why and Jay said, "hey! I have a stronger arm than John Elway"

If that's the case I can completely agree with McDaniels.
    I guess that would make Elway and Favre both mental midgets because both did this on a regular basis.
    Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by pitnlala View Post
    Hmmm...you can disrgard the analogy, but the fact is, just b/c someone is "book smart" or smart in one filed, or a master of a particular skill, does not mean it will translate across the board.

I think it would be a FACT that IF McD feels Cutler cant pick up the system it wont be becuase Cutler is a dummy (b/c by all accounts he is a smart kid). But rather Cutler's inability to transfer his knowledge and abil;ity to learn over to McD's playbook.
    There's your IF, which you're basing off blog article that was third hand information and by the way the portion of that blog that said McDaniel's thinks Jay is dumb was expunged.

When did you become an expert on how well Jay process information and his ability to learn it? From what I have read from who know the game say he as the ability to ability to take information and translate it to the field.
    John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/2...iamssigwj2.jpg

Thanks Snk16

Quote Originally Posted by floridabroncos View Post
    I guess that would make Elway and Favre both mental midgets because both did this on a regular basis.
    They threw into triple coverage and then validated their action by saying they "had a stronger arm than Johnny Unitas"?

Quote Originally Posted by mooncamping View Post
    They line up with hardly a gap between their feet in a very tight formation, the center is the only one who is actually on the line of scrimmage, the others are aligned in a V-formation, sometimes even already standing up (what has to be a rule violation by the way). This means it is virtually impossible for the defensive interior linemen to penetrate. Its also impossible for the defensive end to get to the quarterback, because to do so would require an extreme angle, which only a blitzing cornerback could do, remember the offensive tackles are already aligned for pass blocking, if the defensive end rushes all they have to do is back up.
    is that why our defense got 6 sacks on them last year?

Quote Originally Posted by basbllplaya26 View Post
    is that why our defense got 6 sacks on them last year?
    ea, Cassel also got sacked like 45 times or something ridiculous.

And I don't recall Brady getting injured all by himself last year. I am pretty sure there was some linebacker penetration involved there.
    vote HILLIS in 2009!

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    Not by a long shot is full weight of this on Jay's shoulders to make sure that everything fall into place. And couldn't disagree with you more that McDaniels should on the one hand say to Jay I'm committed to you as our starting quarterback but I still trade you at anytime. For one thing that double speak and by no means a commitment to Jay as his quarterback. The fitting analogy that has been said several time is that its like a husband telling his wife I'm committed to you only in so far as I don't find some I like better.
    I agree to some extent, but also realize that you can only commit to a player as long as he is relevant to the team's success, unlike the lifelong commitment of a marriage. Montana, Favre, Moon, Unitas, Cunningham, and Morton are all examples of guys who became irrelevant to their teams despite being known as franchise players with "commitments" from their teams.

I have dealt with my own feelings on this topic with our own: Atwater, Sharpe, Pryce...especially with free agency as it is today, all commitments to players are temporary.

CUTLER 2009 and beyond!
    Last edited by armchair scout; 03-26-2009 at 11:54 AM. Reason: clarification.
    vote HILLIS in 2009!

A possible reason why McDaniels wanted Jay Cutler out of Denver?

I'm going to keep this simple.

If you think of the Patriots record-breaking offense in 2007, what do you think of, or remember? For me it's bomb after bomb from Tom Brady to Randy Moss.

Deep passes are common in the spread offense.

In Cutler's three-year career, he has maybe had 4 accurate throws when the ball travelled 35+ yards. The passes that come to mind are:

1) The bootleg to Walker in Arizona
    2) TD throw to Marshall against Chicago in 07
    3) TD throw to Marshall vs. Miami in 08 (called back on a questionable penalty)
    4) TD throw to Royal at Cleveland, and it was far from the best throw

Sorry if I left one out.

I don't even want to count how many successfully executed deep balls that Tom Brady threw for in 2007 (or even Cassel in 08 for that matter), but I'm willing to bet that you could multiply Cutler's career #'s a few times.

It's not even arguable that Jay has an issue with hitting his target deep downfield. The majority of his "attempts" are usually thrown to a spot where only the defender can get it, where his receiver must come back and fight two guys in coverage, or overthrown altogether. Even though the run game wasn't stellar, these struggles occurred with two great receivers and one of the best pass blocking o-lines in the league.

Is this a valid concern with McDaniel's scheme?

well...that or he is smoking crack.:cutler:
    vote HILLIS in 2009!

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    There's your IF, which you're basing off blog article that was third hand information and by the way the portion of that blog that said McDaniel's thinks Jay is dumb was expunged.

When did you become an expert on how well Jay process information and his ability to learn it? From what I have read from who know the game say he as the ability to ability to take information and translate it to the field.
    I guess reading comprehension is a lost art.

Nothing I stated is factually wrong. I am simply pointing out that if McD feels that way, it doesnt really matter what you or I think, and it doesnt matter what Jay has done in the past. It also doenst matter how intellectually smart he is. If McD doesnt think Jay is quick enough, or disciplined enough to make the right reads and choices we are in for some trouble if he stays.