Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jay Cutler

18 38.30%
  • Denver Broncos

29 61.70%
Page 6 of 1461 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 106 506 1006 ... LastLast

wow

What a bunch of losers. This board has so many terrible posters.

Cutler is anything but lazy and complacent.

If yall had a good defense you'd be a playoff team.

Haha

What a statment let me see Jay Cutler Sux Buzzzer im sorry wrong anwser it actually was the team has had a complete makeover and Jay Cutler is Young i repeat Young. The raiders game was his first game that he has let us down in the 4th quarter. He just needs to really calm down and plz let him put run trips and force the 1 on 1 wit Marshall so he can take advantage on smaller db's. I dont think anyone realizes how much Mike has put the game in Jay's hands he is grooming him idiot's just watch the game since when did a Denver Qb throw as much on 1st down as Jay does. Understand that he went to Vanderbelt and survided getting thrashed for 4 years and got right back up. 2 years ladies and gentlemen when the right player's land in this offense or should i say off linemen something like Tom Nalen, Ben Hamilton then well see who sux im out

first off rookies dont have full offseasons as a starting nfl quarterback so cutler can not be considered still a rookie! and second off he has like only 2 games hes actually played great in and the rest ill just forget about. this team is to good to have him throw ints so much! if shanahan wanted to win now we would have and should have kept plummer as the starter. he could have made denver look so great this year with the corp of receivers we have on paper plus his experiance level would have been there too. denver built this off season to win now including this season despite growing pains and they have yet to produce a game worthy of winning except for maybe the chiefs game or pittsburgh game. why cant cutler play like he did against pittsburghs defense!! what is wrong with him!! its not experiance because hes played quarterback since he was 10 so he knows the position and progressions. he should have lit up oakland. it comes down to coaching! shanahan is getting outcoached. i think there needs to be a shake up of the whole coaching system at denver. why cant the denver defense play. they havent shown up, look at the massacres at the hands of detroit, san diego and indy!! and now we get shown up and blown up by a stupid oakland team!
    i can only hope cutler will get better but if he dont then something needs to change high up!
    GO ANGELS!!!!!!! signed torii hunter!!!

[
    http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...in40oz/rpg.jpg

denver will go 7-9 this year and 12-4 next year and a 14-2 the following year and superbowl appearance by 2010

Quote Originally Posted by cutlerfan View Post
    I agree - I know Coco is a huge Plummer fan.

Jay will be fine. People are just silly on here at times with this bashing!

Sure Jay had two picks but you can't blame Cutler. I mean dang. We could not even run for 100 yards on the worst team inthe league.

Jay threw some great passes. Tim Ring even said Jay has been the bright spot for this team this year.

My honest feeling is this. There are some fans mad at getting rid of Plummer for Cutler and have been waiting for Cutler to have a bad game so they could let their frustration out.

I watched Cutler and I have watched Plummer since AZ State.

Give me Cutler anyday!!!! No comparison. We sall Jake last year come in for this bad team against San Fran. How did he do??

Can you imagine how Cutler would have done with AL Wilson on defense! Wow!!
    Yes, ever since the benching of Plummer last season, a lot of his fans that haven't moved on were waiting for Cutler to have a bad day; unfortunately for them, Cutler's beaten the odds most of the time. Truth is, in the very short time Cutler's been in the league, he's played with much more poise and has been much better at decision making than Plummer ever has, even with a decades worth of experience.

People complain about the Broncos not scoring more TDs under Jay; let's see about that ....

In Plummer's best year, 2005, the Broncos had the #2 rushing defense, and the #2 rushing offense. The Broncos during that year were in #18 passing yardage under Plummer, #20 in passing TDs. That was considered Plummer's best year.

This bad season for the Broncos, the passing offense under Jay is ranked #13 in passing yardage, and #18 in passing TDs.

So, with regards to passing TDs, the Broncos are about the same or better with Jay than they were with Jake. The major difference was the rushing TDs. Don't you think that had more to do with the effectivity of the offensive line and the runningback than it had to do with Jake?

So in Jake's best season, the team had less passing yardage and less passing TDs. What does that tell you? The Broncos were winning more during Jake's best season, because of the superior rushing offense and superior rushing defense. Jake was at his best when they made him pass less, but after the AFC Championship game, Shannahan decided he needed a QB who he could rely on in their passing offense.

To say that Plummer, even with his many years of experience, was a better QB than the inexperienced Cutler is way off. Cutler is able to get the yardages and TDs with an injury riddled, inexperienced offensive line, and his #1 WR and #1 RB out or playing injured for most of the season.

Plummer probably saw the writing on the wall; he could see the kid in practice, and when he was benched, he probably believed he couldn't win the spot back. There are many cases where the benched veteran is able to claim back his starting spot. Plummer knew he couldn't, and that's why he wanted to be traded.

It's just too bad for Plummer that these things had to be raised again.

WINS: @Buffalo, Oakland, Jacksonville, San Diego, Pittsburgh, Green Bay, @Detroit, Tennessee, @Chicago, @Oakland, Kansas City, @Houston, Minnesota

LOSSES: @Indianapolis, @Kansas City, @San Diego

2007-08 Forecast: 13-3

Quote Originally Posted by KeystoneBronco View Post
    Check my history, I never praised him for anything, nor have I ever bashed him until today. I'm finally letting out what's been building up for me all year. You still see him through rose-colored glasses? Fine by me. Throw out all the stats you want cause bottom line is with all the good stuff he might bring to the table, he brings a whole lotta terrible stuff too.

He's god awful, and I mean GOD AWFUL. I forecast the broncos going into a "dark time" for the next 2-3 years while we try to save this team, then something major will happen that will start to turn it around. Do I see Cutler being here in three years? To be honest, I don't....

The good news for you guys at least is he's got the cocky-ness and attutude like he's the best QB ever born, unfortunately he plays like someone just beat him over the head with a bat.
    I hate to quote myself, but don't say I didn't warn ya.... 1 year down 1-2 to go....

I wrote this a few weeks ago. Notice what I put in bold at the bottom. I got slammed in here for that as everyone was convinced his Jay's mental strength was a big plus....but...
    Criticize sure, but be realisitc. Cutler has been making some mistakes lately, you want him to be the same as he was in the first 3 games...I get it. Problem is, your expectations are probably a bit high. Your fans, and the very busy media began to annoint Jay as being much much better than he actually is. Don't get me wrong, Cutler may well be a great QB in this league--He certainly showed what he is capable of early in the season. But it isn't going to happen (on a consistent basis) overnight. He is young and inexperienced and he'll have many more "downs" with his "ups" for awhile as he develops.
    This is normal.

Big Ben spoiled everyone with his early SB success. That is by far the exception and not the rule. In his case it was just a perfect situtaion of the Steelers needing little from him but game management. He barely delivered by the way, but it was just good enough.

The result? We all ask why our guy can't do the same thing?

As for Cutler, my take is:
    Great arm strength, better than average accuracy. The guy can make any throw on the field.
    His weakness as near as I can tell in the dozen or so Broncos games Ive watched since he became starter.. and this may turn out to be a biggie....He seems to let things get into his head way too easily. Gets mad at his recievers, gets mad at himself and makes bad decisions because of it.
    If I were a Broncos fan, Id be much more worried about his mental toughness than his physical abilities as a QB.
    A couple of the replies:
    Originally Posted by Ravage!!!
    Thats interesting.. because from everything I've seen about jay, this is just the opposite. He doesn't let an INT get into his head, and is able to come back onto the field without worrying about it, and in turn doesn't hesitate in going right back to the same receiver with the same route if he feels thats the right throw to make.

He has great mental toughness from EVERYTHING he's shown on the field.
    Originally Posted by mojo0730
    I'm not worried about his mental toughness. That's not the issue.
    Guessing some of you are changing your minds right about now. Looks to me that the Broncs-Bolts game in December is gonna be a biggie.

Denver needs to draft another QB....

I believe Cutler has the tools of a winning quarterback but still has yet to let em loose. He needs something to light a fire under his butt, as of now Jay Cutler isnt worried 1 bit about his job, guaranteed, you think he feels threatened by Ramsey or Hackney ? NO. He needs to have someone there to feel he has to play his best every game or he may lose his job.

If this were to happen id think we see the best come out in Jay. I like Cutler and the way he plays, and i believe he will develop into a good QB, but as of now he doesnt have the attitude id like to see from him.

I'm sorry.. but how would wasting a pick on another QB help again???

you need to start a thread with poster Jeremy Thorpe......both of you obviously share the same ideas ............

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

My exact thoughts, nice post!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KillerBs View Post
    I believe Cutler has the tools of a winning quarterback but still has yet to let em loose. He needs something to light a fire under his butt, as of now Jay Cutler isnt worried 1 bit about his job, guaranteed, you think he feels threatened by Ramsey or Hackney ? NO. He needs to have someone there to feel he has to play his best every game or he may lose his job.

If this were to happen id think we see the best come out in Jay. I like Cutler and the way he plays, and i believe he will develop into a good QB, but as of now he doesnt have the attitude id like to see from him.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremy thorpe View Post
    My exact thoughts, nice post!!!!
    Have fun..........

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

So be it, im glad someone agrees becuase i think its the right thing to do, do you guys evne feel confident with our backup if Jay god forbid does go down? Just think about it before you shoot it down.

Yeah lets waste a second round pick, which could be used to fix a horrid defense or perhaps a much needed RB, on a QB who will do nothing but sit and watch on the bench.

Ya thats a sound strategy.

Awesome plan. Really Great. Wonderful. You should be GM.

K, dont be making any threads when Cutler continues to play with lack of motivation and confidence. You guys are doubting the man that drafted maurrice claurett and Cbs in 4 straight rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by KillerBs View Post

So, by that logic, we owe a great deal of John Elways success to Gary Kubiak for pushing John to be great? Gotcha.