View Poll Results: Who do you support?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jay Cutler

18 38.30%
  • Denver Broncos

29 61.70%
Page 1100 of 1461 FirstFirst ... 100 600 1000 1050 1090 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1110 1150 1200 ... LastLast
Results 16,486 to 16,500 of 21901
    Quote Originally Posted by acpell671 View Post
    I'm in the same boat as Stargazer. I gave up when the Cook/Bowlen interview came out. I thought that was the last straw. I now have a little hope, but am still wary of McD's intentions. We have to remember that Cassel only has a one year contract with KC. They didn't offer him anything long term, if I'm not mistaken. Short of a playoff appearance this year, there is nothing that can convince me that Jay is going to stay for a good portion of his career.

It seems as though everytime McD stated his stance that "Jay is our QB" there was always that little disclaimer to follow. It doesn't sit well with me. Not that it isn't true, it is his job to evaluate all offers that come to the table. He'd be a fool not to. But it's like he's trying to justify his actions by saying it over and over again. I'm not saying McD is not sincere. I think he knows Jay gives us the best chance to win at this time since he doesn't have Matt Cassel. He is aware of the pressure to win now. That's why he was hired. I'm just saying that it's going to take a lot more than a TV interview to convince me that he really believes in Jay as the QB for now and the future. I believe that lack of commitment is why Jay wanted out.

The other side to this is that Broncos org knows that they are on the losing end of a PR battle. Although it's shifted some, they are still on the wrong end. By coming out in public and offering some kind of treaty, it gives them the upper hand and puts the ball in Jay's court. There are now expectations put on Jay that he's going to have to deal with. No matter what he decides, the Broncos now have the leverage to make progress on the PR front. It's a very good move on their part, however, this is what I was expected a long time ago. I'm a little wary of buying into anything too quickly. But I'm still holding on to some hope.
    I agree on some points you made. Clearly Jay is the immediate solution. That includes today, tomorrow, and definately the upcoming season.

Cassel may beccome available again though I highly doubt it, but it's of no surprise he hasn't signed a long term deal so far. The Chiefs need to eat cap space, not free it up. Going into the season with his huge cap # is a good thing for the Chiefs. I do think Matt will get a new deal eventually from the Chiefs. Cassel cannot complain too much since he's getting $14 million just for this season.

I think Jay is the interim solution under Coach Mac. I just don't get the feeling Jay is the long term solution to the franchise under Coach Mac. Sure, it's possible Cutler excels and plays well and the Broncos are in the playoffs. Anything can definately happen. Jay can sign a huge extension and all is well in Broncoland. But, IMO, I just don't see this happening where Coach Mac rolls with Jay Cutler for multiple years.

Just give Jay a no-trade clause. THAT'S a commitment. I am sold on Cut, and not on McOpy's Belicheat-like strongarm tactics...it's tired already...is he going to wear sleeveless sweats on the sideline too?

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    OMG Mc*u***f**n***24****m****g****y*****s************* ******************egypt************* BAD COACH BOLWEN FIRE BRING BAK SHANY SO DUM HE WAS TRADE CUTLER TWO. NO FA SINGINGS BUT YES 36 OLD SS. WE HAS NUMBER TOO OFENCE HE'S WANTS CASSEL OMG CUTLER PL0X

McD FTW
    Totally makes sense!

Quote Originally Posted by Hardbodyaz View Post
    I would have to agree with you....but I wonder if its the only way its going to keep him here. I would think that would get his agent onboard with staying in Denver. You know it just about money in his own pocket.
    If it's the only way to keep him here, Chris Simms will be our QB, IMO. Jay is under contract and if he wants big money he HAS to play well - otherwise, people will start whispering about Jeff George.

If Denver doesn't feel like they can get "fair value" for Cutler due to how public this situation has been (other teams know Cutler wants out, so they low-ball and/or the teams that could really use Cutler have either no one they want to part with or no one we want), then they aren't trading him. We have Simms - who certainly isn't Cutler, but he is a great locker room guy, and he's a "player's player."

I'd imagine if worst came to worst and Cutler continued to not work-out (and I know he has said he will be a every mandatory workout and I believe him), all he would do is hurt his chances for a big pay day whether that be with the Broncos or some other team.
    Last edited by mtn_horn; 03-26-2009 at 05:03 AM. Reason: typos
    [IMG]http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii76/thatlldo4rio/bcs_funny.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Hardbodyaz View Post
    yes...but dont you think he should make a little more than Simms this year? We know he is going to do well in the new system based on the teams vying for him... so a contract restructure to show him we are committed to him being our starting QB for the rest of his contract shouldnt be out of the question i would hope. In all honesty based on his projected income this year and next, he should be making more....his last year is plenty though. (11 million)
    We do not know he is going to do well. I think he probably will - but nothing is certain. As for his contract, his agent and he agreed to those terms and structured it the way they wanted it (tons of front-end money). If this is an ego thing...that Cutler is mad because Simms' paycheck will be bigger than his this year, then I have lost even more respect for him. Not that he cares, lol.
    [IMG]http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii76/thatlldo4rio/bcs_funny.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    OMG Mc*u***f**n***24****m****g****y*****s************* ******************egypt************* BAD COACH BOLWEN FIRE BRING BAK SHANY SO DUM HE WAS TRADE CUTLER TWO. NO FA SINGINGS BUT YES 36 OLD SS. WE HAS NUMBER TOO OFENCE HE'S WANTS CASSEL OMG CUTLER PL0X

McD FTW
    LOL!

CP for you!

OMG, we're trading Ryan Clady?

The only problem would be if he couldn't get the system down or if Josh can get along with him long term

This Guy can do it all and has all his life, You don't play at Vandy and in NFL for 3 Seasons and make the Pro Bowl in the AFC because your lucky. This guy is Very Good and can flat out play ball.

Everyone puts up stats and talks Int's and etc...but stats don't cover how Not Open that WR was when he stuck the Ball in his numbers. Stats don't tell you that he was sacked, oh no he got loose and threw a 20 pass. They don't cover how many times a WR screws up or a lineman missess a block and Jay gets busted up only to return the next play to throw another bullet while getting ready to get hammered again.

If you want a guy who isn't affraid to put his Team on his back and throw anytime anywhere and believes he can make every throw, then you better expect some int's....Just ask Elway, Brett

Stats don't mean anything, Nothing.....If we judge by only stats then Elway would've gotten Cut every other year.

Not sure about you but damn Johnny was a Bad Boy

Wait a Season and Make him Very Happy, Very Happy
    We are the Organization that " EVERYONE " wants to be a part of

I don't think anything will change but if cutler stays and plays well this season they will for sure extend him.
    Humm....

Quote Originally Posted by chope View Post
    Just give Jay a no-trade clause.
    No-trade clauses are legally excluded from inclusion in modern NFL contracts, can't be done.

My vote is that he'll still be traded. A slew of high draft picks would be too tempting for a rebuilding team--see the Dallas Cowboys and Herschel Walker.
    Last edited by Sequence; 03-26-2009 at 05:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KWHIT97 View Post
    OMG, we're trading Ryan Clady?
    Yeah, but we're getting a 7th baby

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer View Post
    I'm possibly convinced Jay is staying. I'm not convinced Jay is staying a long time.
    I think it is a good sign when we finally go to NFL for more than 4 days in a row and Jay's "frowny" pictures arent all over the front page.

Im afraid Jay wont stay long either... Im hoping he is going to give this coming season a shot and possibly give us a kick butt season and hopefully he will want to stay for good....

I sure hope McD is doing more on defense then just signing players and saying good luck...

Have u forgotten that 7 of our rbs were out for the season with injuries you moron! we couldnt run the ball, the only thing that worked for us was passing
    Our Team is going to turn heads this year!!!
    Champ Bailey is the Best CB in the league!!!
    Tebow and Thomas will have an impact, i just hope sooner rather than later!!!
    User CP is Appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by dragster69 View Post
    It's up to Jay to make everything fall into place
    J-Mac has stated multiple times his wishes for Cutler to discuss the situation, but not without some caveats, i.e; "the player", the fact that he still gives the impression that while Jay is welcome, nothing is guaranteed. So J-mac needs to be more transparent with this situation if he is to expect no snags in the future dealings with Cutler
    Not by a long shot is full weight of this on Jay's shoulders to make sure that everything fall into place. And couldn't disagree with you more that McDaniels should on the one hand say to Jay I'm committed to you as our starting quarterback but I still trade you at anytime. For one thing that double speak and by no means a commitment to Jay as his quarterback. The fitting analogy that has been said several time is that its like a husband telling his wife I'm committed to you only in so far as I don't find some I like better.
    John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/2...iamssigwj2.jpg

Thanks Snk16

I thought i read in one of the interviews with Josh that no new contract will be discussed.That was one of the reasons given for meeting one on one with Jay with no Agent. I think Jay stays without new contract.