View Poll Results: Who do you support?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jay Cutler

    18 38.30%
  • Denver Broncos

    29 61.70%
Page 1144 of 1461 FirstFirst ... 144 644 1044 1094 1134 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1154 1194 1244 ... LastLast
Results 17,146 to 17,160 of 21901
  1. #17146
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    851
    Quote Originally Posted by floridabroncos View Post
    The real problem with McJay Gate is that it happened in the first place. I'm still willing to give the guy a chance, especially since he's more vocal now about wanting to fix the problem, but do you think that if Spags or Cowher had been brought in, that either guy would even fathom talking about trading our best player?
    if it involved a good enough deal that they would get multiple high draft picks in order to fix the defense (both are defensive guys mind you) i gaurantee they would atleast LISTEN to the offers, which is exactly what mcdaniels did.

  2. #17147
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,412
    Quote Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
    if it involved a good enough deal that they would get multiple high draft picks in order to fix the defense (both are defensive guys mind you) i gaurantee they would atleast LISTEN to the offers, which is exactly what mcdaniels did.
    For the amount of money that Cassel was "worth", don't you think that would have been better invested in, let's say, a NT? Novel idea but worth exploring. Why get picks and spend a good portion of our limited amount of money on something we don't NEED?

    The deal shouldn't have even been entertained. This shouldn't have happened. Period. Even worse, the aftermath should have been handled quickly and effectively. It wasn't.

  3. #17148
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    851
    Quote Originally Posted by acpell671 View Post
    For the amount of money that Cassel was "worth", don't you think that would have been better invested in, let's say, a NT? Novel idea but worth exploring. Why get picks and spend a good portion of our limited amount of money on something we don't NEED?

    The deal shouldn't have even been entertained. This shouldn't have happened. Period. Even worse, the aftermath should have been handled quickly and effectively. It wasn't.
    the new head coach has to entertain trade offers when he comes into a team thats struggling. thats what they do to try and improve the team. you listen to trade offers, someone called him and said hey this is the deal, does it look like he accepted the trade?

  4. #17149
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,412
    Quote Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
    the new head coach has to entertain trade offers when he comes into a team thats struggling. thats what they do to try and improve the team. you listen to trade offers, someone called him and said hey this is the deal, does it look like he accepted the trade?
    I agree that deals should be explored if there is an interest in getting value for a player that could be traded. Where was the plan? It seems they had a plan. They let Bly go to free up some cap space... then spend that on Cassel? You don't entertain deals for the sake of entertaining them without considering the fallout... Not when you're dealing with people as your primary assets.


    The thing is, that's not even my biggest gripe. My biggest gripe is everything that happened after it. There was absolutely no plan to resolve this mess as quickly as it should have been because it wasn't handled properly. McD is in charge of this team. It is his responsibility to fix this mess that he created at any expense, however, the resolution is yet to be determined, despite what he said in front of a camera.

  5. #17150
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In your dreams, crushing them!!!
    Posts
    15,020
    Quote Originally Posted by acpell671 View Post
    So, you are saying that pursuing the trade of our BEST player on the team for someone he "raised from the ground", but is not necessarily better than the one we have, is a team-first approach? Still don't get this argument...

    Playing around with the minds of young athletes, or any team for that matter, is not good for team building, in my opinion. Let's compare this to child rearing, since it has been brought up that Jay acts like a petulant child. If your child acts up, is it best to strike him and instill fear or is it to reason with the child? Do you instill fear in the rest of your children by striking one petulant child? I don't think this is the best approach for team building and if you think it is, you must be an only child or work alone.

    Lastly, he is a terrible spokesperson. He statements are doublespeak, he can't be straightforward, is often wordy and he can't hide his emotions. It looks painful for him to say certain things. I do like that his speech is more deliberate as opposed to emotional but it comes off sometimes as impersonal and 'robot-ish'. It doesn't necessarily make him a good speaker.
    You can't compare running a multi-million dollar business to raising children.

    You hate McD, so I'm not going to bother arguing with you.
    President of the GPA, Head of Mainland Europe Chapter




    formerly Officially Adopted by saltybuggah
    I adopted Skywalker

    I have been adopted by Chris Wade


  6. #17151
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,128
    Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    Does it really matter at this point? Cutler will get back to work when he's done throwing his tantrum. If he does stick to his plan of only attending the mandatory mini camp and training camp, he will still likely be the best option at quarterback when the season starts. If he's not then it's his fault and they'll just have to go with Simms until Cutler is ready.

    This whole thing has gone beyond Bowlen's ability to just put McDaniels and Cutler in the same room. He has elected to stay out of the mess. It's to late for him to change his mind and expect to make a difference. He was reportedly the one in the conference call that told Cutler that he will not be traded and that wasn't enough to get Cutler to end his tantrum. He has openly said that he supports his coach. He has also openly expressed disappointment in how Cutler has handled the situation.

    The only way this problem is going to be resolved is for Cutler to stop throwing his tantrum and get back to Denver. It's not possible for the two to be in the same room if you can't even get Cutler in the same city as McDaniels. For those who think that it is incumbent upon McDaniels to go to Nashville to meet with Cutler, you are 100% wrong. It is incumbent upon Cutler to hold true to his word that he plays for his teammates and not the coaches, something that sounds more like lip service than reality at this point. The coach has already reached out and openly stated that Cutler is his quarterback. The Broncos have been saying since Feb. 28 that they aren't trading Cutler. The ball in is Cutler's court and he has to be the one to put an end to the mess he created.

    As a rookie HC why didn't McDaniels focus all his attention to fixing Denvers defense? I had no idea McDaniels saw so much dissaray at the QB position.

    :cutler: =
    [SIZE="4"][FONT="Arial"][COLOR="Blue"]15 time AFC West Champions:

    1960, 1961, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1979, 1980, 1981, 1992, 1994, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008, [SIZE="5"][B]2009[/B][/SIZE] and all but assured of our 16th in 2010 and 17th in 2011.

    The AFC West belongs to the Bolts & Rivers until further notice.

    Through 62 career starts, Rivers' 93.5 passer rating, 2.2-to-1 touchdown-to-interception ratio, and 44-18 win-loss record are better than the 62-start marks of Manning, Brett Favre and Joe Montana. [/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE] :salute!:

  7. #17152
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    An End Zone Near You
    Posts
    16,162
    Umm, how about Cutler and McDaniels quit arguing so we can win foot ball games. Also last year when Shanny cut Lynch I knew he was about gone, WE NEED SMASH MOUTH FOOTBALL.

    2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

  8. #17153
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    789

    Thumbs down

    Was listening to sporting news radio and the guy(forgot his name) said reports out of the cleveland Plain Dealer said mcdumbass had acquired about getting Quinn for Cutler as well. So much damage that this a-hole rookie coach has done in such a short time. I could never trust someone like that ever again either. mcdumbass is just being forced to say "Jay's our QB".

  9. #17154
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,412
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapaibro View Post
    You can't compare running a multi-million dollar business to raising children.

    You hate McD, so I'm not going to bother arguing with you.
    Why can't I compare coaching to any other form of team building or managing of people? You don't even justify why I can't compare it.

    And no, I don't hate McD. I don't know him personally. I had hopes that his background as a QB coach would help Jay develop even more than he has already. Obviously, that is not going to happen. I hate the fact that our team is some kind of weird science experiment for him. I hate the fact that his handlling of the aftermath has made a mockery of our team. I think he has an impressive record as an OC. I think he has a lot to learn about being head coach and I don't think the Denver Broncos is somewhere I want him learning hands on. Why you can be so accepting of this is beyond me.

  10. #17155
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    6,645
    Quote Originally Posted by AyanBronco View Post
    Biased, I just don't like him.

    But on the contrary, the broncos system doesn't need a me-first head coach, dictatorship, and a coach that can't appeal to the media.

    Oh yeah, creating a patriots clone team doesn't fit the system either
    A me-first head coach??? Isnt he the one preaching "no one is above the team" , and it is the QB that is demanding the trade. Sounds like a me first QB

    Dictatorship.... Let me guess the closest you ever got to a football field is sitting on a couch. Cause I gotta say that every team that I have ever been on was a dictatorship. Every team from pop warner to D1. What the coach says goes. The coach decides who sits, who plays, who runs and who hits the showers.

    How as a fan can you be agianst have a team that is a "Patriot clone"? What having top flight talent, winning ballgames and winning Championships is a bad thing for you? You do realise that this team has 3x as many Championships as we do playoff wins this decade. They have a team of LEADERS that is never in the police blotter, or has thier inner turmoil thrown across the media. They are a team that top talent WANTS to play for, and for less money. Why would you not want your team in the "Patriot" mold??
    Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pride

  11. #17156
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    900
    Quote Originally Posted by Roddoliver View Post
    Seriously, why many fans who hate McDaniels can't produce intelligent arguments to sustain their opinions?
    I have a Real Intelligent Argument...

    The reason why people don' like him or Trust Him...You ready, it's pretty simple

    He tried to trade our Pro Bowl QB for a Career Back-Up at the NFL & College level. Now put that with the Fact that he lied about it not only once but over and over.

    Now my question to you????

    Give me one Intelligent Reason Why We Should Like Him, just one.
    We are the Organization that " EVERYONE " wants to be a part of



  12. #17157
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    900
    Quote Originally Posted by mooncamping View Post
    You may be right. The New England system is already a knock off of the West Coast offense, popularized by San Francisco and St. Louis. So if coach McDaniels takes it to the next step that would be version 4.0.

    I think to understand the mission statement you have to understand the premise, the prerequisite of employing such a system.
    Maybe I can try to delineate this:

    -the point is to score a lot of points.
    -there are underneath routes...zone exploitation
    -the run is used for field positioning...it is the lesser option to the pass
    -the offensive time of possession is low...illusion of efficiency
    -there is a huge emphasis on gameplan execution...using the playbook
    -punishing runners are prefered, and the wide receivers never get touched
    -the opposing defense either gets pummeled for short yardage or scorched by the passing game
    -if you shut down the run, they pass. If you shut down the pass, they run.
    -the point is to allude, that the defense is never in the right position...they access every area of the field they want

    maybe Im way off here. But what seems evident is that its a football philosophy that tries to look pretty. Its about appearances that absolutely must be kept up, doing your thing as if the opposition wasnt even there. There are no stars on the other side. No one has a field day against them.
    I do like the fact that you are taking the time to research your argument and stand up for it with your facts. I don't know that they are all true or not, but at this point I have no reason to disagree with your findings because it would be my opinion not facts.

    I will say once again, just because I am a Die Hard Broncos Fan since 1983 doesn't mean I have to accept Josh M just because he's the Broncos Coach and really that alone allows me to leave it up to Josh to make me a believer..

    People on here make me sick with the " He's our Coach and your not a real Bronco fan if you side with Jay or dislike Josh ". If thats the case then we are all fakes, I can tell you every season that theres players and coaches I want to cut on every Sunday and I know every one of you have them too
    We are the Organization that " EVERYONE " wants to be a part of



  13. #17158
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    6,026
    Quote Originally Posted by AyanBronco View Post
    Biased, I just don't like him.

    But on the contrary, the broncos system doesn't need a me-first head coach, dictatorship, and a coach that can't appeal to the media.

    Oh yeah, creating a patriots clone team doesn't fit the system either
    This is exactly what our sissified team needs. You don't want a clone of the Patriots?

    I would kill for constant 11-5 - 13-3 seasons and a ring or 2. If you are happy with mediocrity, follow Jay wherever he goes!

  14. #17159
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Aberdeen,South Dakota
    Posts
    392
    Quote Originally Posted by AznBroncoFan View Post
    Was listening to sporting news radio and the guy(forgot his name) said reports out of the cleveland Plain Dealer said mcdumbass had acquired about getting Quinn for Cutler as well. So much damage that this a-hole rookie coach has done in such a short time. I could never trust someone like that ever again either. mcdumbass is just being forced to say "Jay's our QB".
    I have not read anywhere that Josh is being forced to say anything. Unless you have a link that states other wise, your statement is unfounded.

  15. #17160
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Anderson county Tennessee (near Knoxville)
    Posts
    1,805
    I think all of us can agree that we wish this situation was over, and the Broncos were moving forwards in a united front with the idea of winning football games.

    I personally am in the camp that feels that Jay offers us our best chance of moving towards winning ballgames. Regardless of he said/she said, or who lied, or who has an attitude problem? The Bronco organization would be better off in the near future to have Jay's talents behind center.

    There are some who may feel that a change would be better for the team, but even they can't logically argue that any of the available Qb's (either from the draft or through trade) would be able to match Cutlers level of play for the 09 season. Perhaps they could argue that by 2010 or 2011 a new guy such as a Matt Stafford might be at that level (unproven but possible). That still leaves this season to deal with and I just don't see Pat being willing to say, ok, we may need to rebuild a few years. Afterall, his primary reasoning he stated in the firing of Shanahan was that we needed to go in a new direction and that he wanted to win "Now".

    Along with countless other posters on these boards, and millions of fans across the country, I just hope we can resolve this soon. Each and every day lost is one less day for our "team" to prepare with all the key players in place. I do hope to see Jay behind center this year, but either way this needs to be put behind us. Go Broncos

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •