View Poll Results: Who do you support?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jay Cutler

18 38.30%
  • Denver Broncos

29 61.70%
Page 337 of 1461 FirstFirst ... 237 287 327 335 336 337 338 339 347 387 437 837 1337 ... LastLast
Results 5,041 to 5,055 of 21901
    Quote Originally Posted by AyanBronco View Post
    Why would we resent Jay Cutler? It's freakin Josh mcdaniels the wise guy who created this mess.
    It's just business kid, get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by evolaerok View Post
    It's just business kid, get over it.
    Business to the players, but it's a passion to the fans. Otherwise, we wouldn't all be here obsessing over what happens to the broncos.

I'm a fan, do I have the right to feel emotions when players i've grown to love are at risk of being traded? Why yes of course.

Business as usual? Shut up man, if sports is just business to "the fans" we shouldn't even be watching

Quote Originally Posted by jhns View Post
    Jay has the respect of his teammates. They all defend him and seem to like him. I'm not sure why fans feel that they have to personally like all of the players on their favorite team. As long as his teammates will follow him, who cares? Are you all looking to score a date with Jay but pissed because he isn't good on the inside?

Show me a single sign that a teammate has lost repect for Jay and I will think you guys complaining about attitude have a point. To me, it seems our entire offense is a bunch of friends that would do a lot for eachother. Who cares if we like them as people?

Also, why are poeple mad that Culter is mad about being in trade talks? Is it not a good thing that he really wants to be here enough to get upset about trade talks?
    Michael Vick's teammates defended him. They even made a MNF game a tribute to him. Does that make Vick's behavior less bad considering his teammates defended him?

Point is, Cutler whines too much and has not done much to merit his whining. I did not like how he reacted with the Philip Rivers rivalry, the Chargers loss, and now this. Win something then talk.

Michael Vick's teammates defended him. They even made a MNF game a tribute to him. Does that make Vick's behavior less bad considering his teammates defended him?

Point is, Cutler whines too much and has not done much to merit his whining. I did not like how he reacted with the Philip Rivers rivalry, the Chargers loss, and now this. Win something then talk.
    Good luck watching the next 12 years of the Broncos. Who cares what you think of his attitude? Again, are you looking for a date?

You do know Manning and Brady act the same way right? They both throw fits when they are doing bad and Manning has thrown teammates under the bus repeatedly.

This is an emotional sport. These guys aren't just here to collect pay checks. They get into the games and have love for their team/teammates. If you don't like that, I'm not sure why you are watching. It is how EVERY player and EVERY team is. It is not some uptight business world.

No. I resent McDaniels actions.

That's no way to establish a relationship with your QB. Especially as a first year coach. You're trying to earn the guys respect not make him feel like you're pushing him out the door. Ever heard the term "stab in the back." But with most of you guys, it's Cutlers fault. THAT'S what I don't understand.

The guy has every right to be pissed.

Quote Originally Posted by // / yardo View Post

That is what I don't get. Everyone is mad that their QB wants to be here?

Quote Originally Posted by AyanBronco View Post
    Business to the players, but it's a passion to the fans. Otherwise, we wouldn't all be here obsessing over what happens to the broncos.

I'm a fan, do I have the right to feel emotions when players i've grown to love are at risk of being traded? Why yes of course.

Business as usual? Shut up man, if sports is just business to "the fans" we shouldn't even be watching
    We have absolutely no control over it. You and I have no stake in the team. It's a business where the product displayed is there for us to like or dislike.

Just enjoy the game because in the end, that's all it is, just a game. FWIW, I like Cutler too, but to post thread after thread, about how McDaniels nearly ****ed him? Come on, you're whining as much as Cutler.

Quote Originally Posted by jhns View Post
    Good luck watching the next 12 years of the Broncos. Who cares what you think of his attitude? Again, are you looking for a date?

You do know Manning and Brady act the same way right? They both throw fits when they are doing bad and Manning has thrown teammates under the bus repeatedly.

This is an emotional sport. These guys aren't just here to collect pay checks. They get into the games and have love for their team/teammates. If you don't like that, I'm not sure why you are watching. It is how EVERY player and EVERY team is. It is not some uptight business world.
    Never compare Manning or Brady to Cutler because the two have the ability to lead and win. Cutler has done what exactly since being here? At the same time Rivers has continuously beat this team and win in the playoffs.
    Last edited by Archimedes Owl; 03-04-2009 at 02:55 PM.

Never compare Manning or Brady to Cutler because the two have the ability to lead and win. Cutler has done what exactly since being here? At the same time Rivers has continuously beat this team and win in the playoffs. Get off Jay's c0ck will yah?
    Cutler just won us 8 games. Are you telling me Jay has as much talent around him as Rivers? Are you saying we don't have personell problems on this team? We just fired Shanny for not being able to put together a team but he had a great one in place already? Do you even make sense to yourself?

Jay Cutler is not filling 22 starting positions. That isn't even counting special teams spots.

Yes, our failure is ALL Jay.

Learn some football will ya?

That's no way to establish a relationship with your QB. Especially as a first year coach. You're trying to earn the guys respect not make him feel like you're pushing him out the door. Ever heard the term "stab in the back." But with most of you guys, it's Cutlers fault. THAT'S what I don't understand.

This kind of stuff happens in the NFL. Just look at how Donovan McNabb handled himself. I do not think initially it was Cutler's fault, but he made it far worse by crying to the media.

Why would anyone resent him? What has he honestly done to deserve all of the hate he is getting? He was upset that there were trade talks regarding him when Josh McDaniels had a man crush on him after getting hired. On top of that, What did Jay say that makes him such a Prima Donna. All of the supposed quotes about him comparing himself to Manning or Brady, or that he wants out of Denver, were all said BY HIS F-ING AGENT!!!

Get it through your heads, people, agents are blood sucking leeches who care about nothing but getting their guys paid. Cutler said he wants to stay in Denver and wants to play for McDaniels and he was being real when he said he felt a bit betrayed when the staff treated him weird in the weeks leading up to this fiasco, not to mention the fact that they cut off communication with him in the days leading up to this. He was busting his butt working out with B Marsh down in the ATL (and probably should have been keeping a closer eye on Marshall after the workouts lol) during a time when it's not required for players to work out, and was getting ready to head to Denver this week to start working on the new playbook.

To think that he somehow wanted the trade or that he doesn't want to play for Josh is rediculous, and probably just garbage started by people who either want to see him play for their team, or people who think Cutler is overrated and we should have kept Plummer. It's hypocritcal to excuse the secretive plotting nature of the FO as "just business" but call Cutler a whiny *****. He's done nothing but carry a team that should've probably only won 4-5 games and after every loss he shouldered blame during post game press conferences. Everyone likes to throw out there that he threw the defense under a bus, but the comments were a joke taken out of context. And he immediately said that that "wasn't fair" and was laughing. I heard the comments and it was funny, and was obviously not meant to divide the team. Hell, I bet some of his teammates probably laughed at the comments too. Other than that one joke, he's been extremely professional in admitting that it was a team effort in blowing that three game lead in the division.

As far as the strong arm comments, I am the biggest John Elway fan and I LOVED the comments. He's cocky and you want that in your QB1. I LOVE the fact that after throwing a pick, he comes back out the next time and forgets about it and makes plays. I LOVE the fact that he doesn't back down and has the gunslinger mentality. I'd rather have a guy willing to make the throw that may be a mistake than to have a guy not willing to make a big throw and just go the safe route. That, ladies and gentlemen, is Brian Freakin' Griese. Before the retirement and trade fiasco of this past offseason, ask Green Bay fans what they thought about Brett Favre, who is so much like Cutler in the way he acts and carries himself that I wouldn't be shocked if they have similar careers when Cutler is finally done. Oh yeah, and about INTs, I remember someone this weekend stating how Cutler's INT% of 3.1% was crazy high and shows how inconsistent of a thrower he was. Elways career INT%? 3.1%. Chew on that.

Obviously, I spend more time than I'd like on these boards sticking up for Jay. I'm not blind and I have to admit that he's not a "media darling", but that stuff doesn't really get to me as much as others. Besides, I think even though he may not react perfectly to every situation, fans and media tend to blow stuff way out of proportion. Let me be clear: I don't think he's handled everything perfectly, but I also think that the fans over reacted way more than Jay.

Of course I don't resent the guy. Everybody got all up in arms cuz we was upset about being trade bait. What's so wrong about wanting to stay in Denver???? Everybody bashes him for his "act" with the media, but I heard plenty of sound bites and read plenty of articles when he said straight up "I love Denver and the Broncos, and I don't want to be traded". Some of you turn that into him being a crybaby. I see it as a guy who is showing loyalty to his team and city and is upset at the notion of not having the opportunity to stick it out and play in the city he loves.

Whatever. Bottom line is he is staying for now and I'll be all aboard when the season starts.:salute!:

Anyone that says it's "business as usual" is pretending or trying to be in the know about this. Like we know how these deals are made, suggested and/or proposed. Especially with premier players.

If I'm a GM or a HC and I get that phone call - knowing the situation with previous QBs here in Denver - I say "No" and hang up the phone.

There's TOO much drama surrounding the QB position in Denver to just trade a guy with Cutlers ability. Not only that but the fans have JUST started to become acclimated to him and can appreciate that although he's not John Elway he can become just as great a QB.

Bowlen needs to sit down with McDaniels and explain some things. Like the history of the club and why fans are so fickle with the QB and why you don't entertain any freakin' idea and much less a phone call to trade your QB.

There's a reason the "franchise" word is in front of that position. That position literally defines the franchise.

If he was beating women, drunk driving or shooting himself in the leg or others, believe me, i would have a problem with him. So far i can live with what Jay has done in terms of attitude.
    [SIGPIC]http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=357619&dateline=1243266547[/SIGPIC]

1st off never in my life have i Heard or Seen Tom and Peyton throw their teamates under the bus.

2ndly. We had the right to get mad at J a lil he was acting like a LIL ****.
    -Bronco in UT

While I both agree and disagree with many posts in this thread I have to lean towards champ on this one. [B][COLOR="DarkOrange"]Jay really needs to learn how to manage the game better, and also to learn that you don't have to go for the big play [U]EVERY[/U] time on every drive[/COLOR][/B]. There is something to be said to check the ball down and live to fight another day. -Great Post Cut the Excuses out please. sigh...

Helll of a post