View Poll Results: Who do you support?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jay Cutler

    18 38.30%
  • Denver Broncos

    29 61.70%
Page 376 of 1461 FirstFirst ... 276 326 366 374 375 376 377 378 386 426 476 876 1376 ... LastLast
Results 5,626 to 5,640 of 21901
  1. #5626
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    849
    He's just a draft "guru" who is upset and can't admit he was wrong about Cutler. When Cutler wins a superbowl before Leinart and Young, I think it would be funny if Cutler mailed him a ring. :cutler::go:

  2. #5627
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    So. Cal
    Posts
    4,435
    Quote Originally Posted by RainyTX View Post
    the reason for the hype of young and leinart was due to the fact that they were on the two best teams in CFB that year. Vandy on the other hand sucked a$$.
    Exactly, so how was Cutler over hyped? Because Steve Young and Ron Jaworski liked him?.....Sounds like Kiper needs to get over himself and grow up.

  3. #5628
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    6,645
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    McDaniels didn't speak to Cutler before trying to trade him, and didn't talk to him and his agent AFTER everything broke. McDaniels tried to play it off as "they called me" ...and that has blown up in his face.

    Jay needs to talk...but McDaniels refused to talk with him and his agent before that, then tries to make it sound as if HE is overreacting to a situation that McDaniels is LYING about. So now its like... " OH, NOW you want to talk."

    Cutler needs to talk, no doubt about it. But bfeore you try and say JAY is the immature one, I think you better start pointing fingers at McDaniels and say the EXACT SAME THING.

    McDaniels actually thought he could put feelers out and try to trade his Franchise QB and keep it a secret. THen lie about it, then refuse to talk to his QB or agent about it.. then talk to the media and simply say JAY is the one over-reacting. Thats not exactly the kind of maturity I want to see from My coach.

    Also.. you listen to the NFL players or ex-players talk on TV and radio.. and they are OVERWHELMINGLY on the side of Cutler with this. This isn't just a "jay cutler" thing. This is a player thing.

    Jay needs to do what he said, and move on and forward and work it out. But in order for that to happen, he needs to know he is NOT on the trading block.

    ANYONE here that doesn't think that Jay is a TOP of the tier QB, doesn't really know much. I mean that respectfully, but truthfully. You do NOT just trade away your THIRD YEAR, pro-bowl, franchise QB and expect there to be no fall-out and/or reaction. This was a complete and total irresponsible move by McDaniels.
    You know what Rav.... We dont agree on a lot of things but this one is one where we are way different. How can you say that he is a "top Tier" He is no where near the Lvl that Brady, Manning, and Big ben are at. Then you add the likes of Rivers, Mcnabb, warner, Eli, Palmer, and Brees.... He isnt on the same lvl as any of these QB's.... Many would say that Ryan And Flacco are ahead of Jay. Jay is with the likes of Romo, Hassleback, and Rodgers third tier QB's...... He has a long way to go before he should even be mentined in the breathe of the elite top 5 QB's in this league
    Last edited by japfaff; 03-08-2009 at 09:32 AM.
    Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pride

  4. #5629
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    2,985
    Quote Originally Posted by Chidoze View Post
    Exactly, so how was Cutler over hyped? Because Steve Young and Ron Jaworski liked him?.....Sounds like Kiper needs to get over himself and grow up.
    Yeah, both Jaws and Steve predicted that Cutler would be the best QB out of that draft class and despite what some people who feel like they need to whine about Cutler's "whining" think, both guys were absolutely right. Also, I believe Mortenson also predicted Cutler would be the best out of that draft class.

  5. #5630
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Aurora
    Posts
    1,503
    I am completely pro-Cutler. Team Cutler. However else you want to say it. I don't think that he's a punk. And the attitude he has is the same as Elway's was, and still is, off the field.
    Great article JoRo. Thank you.

    And I think that Jay will let this thing go and the Broncos offense will still rock next season.

  6. #5631
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    678
    Jay Cutler is our QB through and through. I KNOW that if they would have traded Cutler, many fans would leave. I love this team, but a team that is 50% new is a hard team to root for, even if they would be better. I decided though that if Cutler was traded, I would stay for the likes of Scheffler, Eddie Royal, our O-line, and of course, Peyton Hillis :salute!: :go:


    :cutler:
    Winner of the 2012 Broncomania GM game

  7. #5632
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    497
    Great stuff!
    The only thing that miffed me was the toe the line quote. I do not think that an NFL player can be reduced to being called "just an employee". That may sound pleasing to union teamsters and cubicle workers, but its not realistic. I mean NFL quarterback is glamour and glory, and it should be.
    Jay Cutler is not Joe Shmoe. If Joe Shmoe likes Jay Cutler, hurray! If Jay Cutler likes Joe Shmoe even better!
    mooncamping is a new Cleveland Browns fan
    [IMG]http://blog.cleveland.com/sports/2008/08/medium_Rogers[/IMG]

    [IMG]http://www.logoblog.org/images/denver-broncos-1960-logo.png[/IMG]

  8. #5633
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    2,985
    Great article, thanks for posting it. I may get flamed for this, but I'm 100% on Cutler's side. He's done nothing but work his *** off, especially also having to deal with Diabetes, and while I'm ready to forgive Josh McD assuming he patches things up with Cutler, I don't think it was wrong of Jay to have such a strong reaction. Granted, it is a business, but I disagree that he's "Just another employee." Would you guys say that Montana, Elway, or Marino were "just other employees." Granted, Cutler hasn't gotten to the playoffs yet, but he's accomplished quite a bit considering what he's working with and in a day and age where the NFL is much more competitive from the top team down to the bottom team than it was back in the days of those three great players.

    One has to wonder, in this age of salary caps and free agency, if any of the three guys mentioned would've made it to the playoffs or been as successful as early as they were. I know a lot of people compare Jay to John and say "Well John had winning records in 3 of his first 4 years and got to a SB by year 4" but it's apples and oranges. John had a stable team around him that didn't change a whole lot, whereas in the days of free agency, that's impossible. I don't even think Cool Joe would've had the success in this day and age that he enjoyed in the 80's, due to the fact that it would have been damn near impossible to keep that historic team together.

    It's typical of Denver fans to be tough on Cutler, I get that. He's got to follow arguably the greatest overall QB ever to play the game in Elway, and most fans still vividly remember the SBs of the 90's and all of Elways great years. He took us on an amazing rollercoaster ride through his career and most Denver fans (including myself) will always look fondly upon his time in Denver. But to call Cutler overrated and a "spoiled brat" is to take a very glossed over and oversimplified look at the entire situation.

    Let's address the overrated moniker first. I completely put a mulligan on his first partial year of starting, as he was essentially doing on the job training. So let's toss that 2-3 record out for purposes of analyzing him as a QB. The rest I hold to him, as he was the man, without question. So that would put him at 15-18. Still not great, but let's take a further look at the team during this time. We had two defensive coordinators and ranked near dead last in defense both years. We consistently gave up within smelling distance of 30 points a game on average during that time frame. And last year, we had more RBs on IR than any two other teams in the league. Defenses knew for a fact that we would throw the ball 35-40 times a game, guaranteed. You'd be crazy as a D-Coord not to assume this and run Nickle most of the time. I think we saw more Nickle defense last year than I've ever seen as a life long Broncos fan. Yet, Cutler still managed to pass for more yards than Elway or Plummer ever did, still managed to get a very favorable TD to INT percentage, and flat out won some games that we should have probably lost. I wonder how Elway would've done his first three seasons in this age of free agency and the salary cap. We won't ever know for sure, but I have to think it'd look a lot like what Cutler has done.

    Now let's concern ourselves with the idea that he's somehow a "spoiled brat." The fact that guys like Brandon Stokely, who has been in this league for ages, and Daniel Graham, who's known McD longer than he's known Jay, are coming to his defense shows that this locker room is 100% behind Jay. I've not heard one guy from this locker room come out and say that what Jay did was the works of a guy who's a crybaby or a spoiled brat. The only people saying this are the so called experts at ESPN, who are a bunch of spoiled brats themselves. The one guy who I'd stop and think if he said as much is Adam Schefter, and Schef seems to be quietly supporting Jay in the way he's reported everything. Bowlen has not criticized either guy, which is understandable because he doesn't want to create a controversy where there might be none. For his credit, McDaniels could've pulled a Parcels and called out his QB, but he's been mum on the whole subject, which to me at least shows that he understands that he needs Jay on the same page as him. I think that no one in the Broncos FO thinks of Jay as a spoiled brat or a crybaby, and I honestly think that they realize how things appear to Jay, rather than how they may really have been.

  9. #5634
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Wichita
    Posts
    3,108
    Quote Originally Posted by japfaff View Post
    I agree with this so much. I was a fan of Jay till about a week ago. Now the guys actions just make me sick to my stomach. He is like a little girl crying cause thier BF went out with another girl. He needs to grow up. He wasnt traded, and I really doubt how true the trade proposals were. I just find it hard to believe that Bellicheck would take a second Rd pick when there was an offer for a first on the table, just so he could help his friend Scott Peoli. Jay is a second rate QB, he has a lot of developing to do (both on and off the field) before you can say that he is anything but. Plus his actions show what a poor leader that he is. His actions really make me question if this team is better off without him. Cause his skillsets are really not a good match for our O. Timing, accuracy, quick reads these are not strong suits of Jay.
    Look up the thread by Cugel about why the Pats would not want the extra first round pick. He explains quite well the economic reasons why the Patriots would not want an extra first round pick.

    I find it hard to believe that there wasnt word that the Broncos were looking to try and move Jay, and get Cassel in return. Now, 4 teams appear to all have had similar ideas to "sign and trade" Cassel for Cutler. Just because there is no confirmed fact, doesnt mean thats not how it went down. Noone is going to admit it if there was, because of the backlash.

    I also dont get how people continue to call Jay a baby. The guy was upset that he was involved in trade talks, because he wants to be here. He wants to play for the Denver Broncos, he wants to play with Brandon, and Royal, and Clady. I wish I would have the emotional restraint some of the people here apparently have if I was told I was being transferred to a different portion of a company, if I believe my boss lied to me. I know I would complain to my coworkers, my friends, my family. Just because the media came to ask how he felt, doesnt mean hes any different from the rest of us human beings. Hes a straight shooter it would appear in interviews. When asked a question, he gives an answer. I like the fact that Jay is fiery when it comes to playing here in Denver.

    Everyone should also read mojo's article with some stats about Jay. Yeah, hes has had some boneheaded games and plays. But, the good far outweighs the bad. We had an awful defense, and went through 7 running backs. We were horrid on field position. And yet, we efficently moved the ball up and down the field. Jay is an elite type of talent, and while he still has some skills that need to continue to be worked on, I think he will overcome them with experience.

    As for you guys that are calling for his head if he doesnt win now.... That is a bad idea. We need to give him enough time to fix this problem. We dont want to become like the Raiders (going through a new coach every year or two). The one thing that every great team has always had was stability at the head coaching spot. We need to be that team. Look at the Titians...should they have bailed on Fisher when he was down? Or the Steelers? Cowher had a few really lean years in there. No you need to ride out your coaches contract and see what happens. I believe that Pat will do this. Look at how long that he gave Shanny. Plus it is unrealistic to think that you can turn around 10 years of poor management in one year
    By this logic we have already made the wrong choice in firing Shanny. He was down for a few years, but people called for his head.

    I also think that some of the people calling for us to not think that McD has limited time to turn things around, are the same that told us to look at the dolphins, and falcons. Both had new head coaches and were much more successful than the year before. Except of course for the fact that the year prior both teams had new coaches taht year as well, that completely flamed out.

    McD is apparently trying to attempt the"Patriot" way. Well, he needs to find his own style, because coaches that have tried that before in places other than NE have failed miserably. In large part, because the "Patriot" way is jsut that, the Patriot's way. McD needs to build the Denver way, whatever that is at this point.

    McD is unproven as a head coach in the NFL, and as such, is just as easily as parted with as a star player. He needs to win, and win quickly to cement his place as an NFL coach, and make sure the fanbase here doesnt start chanting "Shanny" during games.


    I think Ben Tate will be the best back taken in the 2010 draft. (5/3/10)
    SportsXPicks, check out the Rants and Opinions section

  10. #5635
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    315
    Quote Originally Posted by Scheyjosh View Post
    Jay Cutler is our QB through and through. I KNOW that if they would have traded Cutler, many fans would leave. I love this team, but a team that is 50% new is a hard team to root for, even if they would be better. I decided though that if Cutler was traded, I would stay for the likes of Scheffler, Eddie Royal, our O-line, and of course, Peyton Hillis :salute!: :go:


    :cutler:

    then please leave now because if you were a real fan it wouldnt matter who was on the team. I became a fan of this team in 86 when i was 5. I loved the team in the 80's and then in the 90's. The team has completely different players now. Am i not supposed to be a fan of the team because the players are diffferent than they were a few years ago? Makes no sense. Champ is my favorite player but if they traded champ and every other player i love i would still be a bronco fan because i am a fan of the Broncos.

  11. #5636
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    664
    Quote Originally Posted by jc13 View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rr1SKaU8RpQ

    kipers a dork his jaw looks wierd when he talks look at him praise cutler in the draft.
    That video says it all. Kiper is a prick!
    Go Broncos!!!

  12. #5637
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    6,645
    Yeah I just dont buy the economic side of it cause the pick that they were going to get was the 19th. That isnt a high dollar pick, and besides they were getting rid of a 14mil + contract

    As for Shanny being let go. It was his time to go. He had 10 years to fix this team. This team wasnt improving anywhere. The D was getting worse by the second, and our O still had the same problem scoring that we had in 2002. Shanny really blew it with poor drafting, new DC every year, and terrible FA pick ups every year. Josh deserves the same chance. Now if three years from now this team isnt improving....then fire his butt....but you need to give him every shot at succeding
    Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pride

  13. #5638
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2

    Cutler /Brees

    I think that both Qb's are extremely talented. I read talent ,potential,age.
    What about the intangilbles...leadership, respect from his players and putting his team in the best siutation to score on every drive...

  14. #5639
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    109
    I dont think his point was to ask who you would rather have, but rather to point out that people bash Cutler for not winning anything but praise Brees like the second coming of jesus even though he's done the same thing.

  15. #5640
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    6,026
    Wow, yet another "don't be so hard on Jay" article/thread?

    He has brought this all on himself, he needs an attitude adjustment. He is not above his head coach or the organization that pays him, I don't care how abandoned he feels or how bad he thinks the head coach treats him.

    The reason why everyone is so mad at him is because of the way he has handled the whole situation. The second he heard that he was in trade talks he should have called up McDaniels or Xanders and got the low down on what was going on instead of ranting about it to the media. Then for him to say "I know they want to bring me in and talk to me, but I'm not doing it" is absurd and stupid on his part.

    Tell me if Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Ben Roethlisberger, Philip Rivers or Drew Brees would have handled it this way. I'll bet anything that they would make it top priority to talk to the head coach and get to the bottom of it, not pout to the media and shun the organization. I know everyone is different but these QB's are true leaders and Jay has yet to show that he has what it takes to not only lead on the field, but off the field as well.

    He does have a right to be angry and dissapointed, but he handled it the wrong way, he has had a checkered past as far as comments to the media, he was openly ticked about Shanny's firing, and Bates' as well!

    I think people are just fed up with his attitude, he has a lot of growing up to do!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •