View Poll Results: Who do you support?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jay Cutler

    18 38.30%
  • Denver Broncos

    29 61.70%
Page 458 of 1461 FirstFirst ... 358 408 448 456 457 458 459 460 468 508 558 958 1458 ... LastLast
Results 6,856 to 6,870 of 21901
  1. #6856
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    10,622
    Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
    Great comparison. Manning will arguably go down as the greatest of all time, and proved himself in the NFL before his 4th season. Cutler isn't anywhere in Manning's ballpark as a player, or professional.

    A better comparison would have been McNabb. And McNabb told reporters, "I'm not commenting until I get the story from the front office" when he was told he would be traded.
    But didn't you just argue that no player is above the team?

    Wouldn't that apply to Manning too?

  2. #6857
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Bozeman, MT
    Posts
    6,073
    Quote Originally Posted by mojo0730 View Post
    Look, I know we like to think of the NFL as a regular business with regular employees and is operated like a corporate office.

    But realistically speaking we ALL know that not to be true, so let's stop using 'The Office' analogy when discussing how the NFL operates.

    However...I do work in an office, and I can assure you that regardless if there was tension between my employer and me, if they called me and demanded that I cut my vacation short just to come there so they can have a 5 minute conversation with me about me being tradable and having to report when I'm already due back, I'd blow them off too.

    Then you would be expendable. I, as a head coach in the world of sports, would certainly see this as a lack of commitment to my program at a crucial point of time where our future together is hanging by a piece of thread.

    Maybe Cutler already made his decision.

  3. #6858
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,754
    This is just a situation where two adult men can't swallow some pride and move on with their lives.

    Typical.

  4. #6859
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Aurora
    Posts
    1,503
    McDaniels needed to know that the offense wasn't the problem. He saw the Broncos play. He saw that offense wasn't the problem. Jay is NOT the problem. I don't care if every player is being constantly evaluated, Jay was not, is not, the problem.
    Maybe McDaniels should have used Champ Bailey to get his point across, not the freakin' QB that WAS NOT the problem with the team. Jay is NOT the problem.
    But McDaniels made everything worst for himself and his new team.

    But dang it, Jay needs to quit holding out and get on a freakin' plane and get his gosh darn butt back to Colorado and actually meet with McDaniels so that we can finally know if he's staying or going. And the only right option is for Jay to STAY! :cutler:

  5. #6860
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    204
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYTRAINTK View Post
    You and me don't know at all what he McD did....you only know what he said.....I was just stating facts....I may not like those fact and you may not like the facts but the fact is Denver needs Jay more than Jay needs Denver....that is not defending Jay....it is a fact.....Jay get's paid either way and if he decides to sit out Denver is immediately in a bad position regarding this next season and maybe for a lot longer.....
    I disagree I mean we are rebuilding anyways and we havent been winning anyways but if he really doesn't want to be here we could always see if detroit is up for a trade and see if we can get multiple picks. There have QB's with less talent that Jay that has won the Superbowl so understand that the broncos don't need Jay. I've been a Broncos fan as long as i have been alive and I'm not going to ever say that they need anybody. Teams win championships even though it is very important that we have aQB

  6. #6861
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    18,962
    Quote Originally Posted by mojo0730 View Post
    As someone who was a manager at 17, I can assure you this is absolutely true.
    YEup.. here too. I remember that fear of not being respected. Doing what I could to be an ass simply to 'demand' respect. Lookign back now I know of a TON of mistakes I made when managing at that young age, but remember the feeling I had to PROVE that I WAS their boss.

    Its pretty common, and see it all the time. I guess thats why I see this as clear as day. Been there, done that.

  7. #6862
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chicago IL
    Posts
    720
    Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
    That's you're opinion. My opinion is we need a dictatorship tone. I'm sick of seeing this team can manhandled by the Detroit's and Oakland's and San Diego's of this world. The players obviously cannot handle the holding their hand approach.
    Bingo, I agree 100% man and have been saying that for awhile as well. Shanny was a players coach, i loved the guy as a coach. I don't however miss the 1 playoff win in the last decade. I hate how people are shooting down MCD and saying hes killing the team before the guy even gets to coach a game or implement his system. Hey cutler is great but if MCD can win more games by aquiring draft picks for cutler and building an overall better team then so be it. Its his system, allow him to get his players. Hey NE SD TN and Pitt are all better then us and Jay is arguably the best qb talent wise out of that group. But they all have better teams. If we could trade jay and build a better TEAM and win with an average qb then awesome. Obviously other teams can.

  8. #6863
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    113
    Quote Originally Posted by KWHIT97 View Post
    Wow, goodbye puke!

    You can go root for the Detriot Lions while Cutler consistently leads them to 7-9 and 8-8 records.

    Youare not a real fan and never were, we do not want you around anyhow!
    Well I guess 7-9 and 8-8 will be better then the Broncos next year. I do like the Cardinals though and the Titans. I haven't made up my mind yet, that's the beauty of a new start. You get to choose who you want to love.

  9. #6864
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Bozeman, MT
    Posts
    6,073
    Quote Originally Posted by mojo0730 View Post
    But didn't you just argue that no player is above the team?

    Wouldn't that apply to Manning too?
    Why are you choosing to focus on Manning, and completely ignoring McNabb?

    McNabb just so happened to be in this situation. Manning hasn't.

    And McNabb led his team to a Divison title in his second season in the NFL. Cutler hasn't even made the playoffs. Argue the "team" debate if you want, but that's a fact that can't be overlooked.

  10. #6865
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    10,622
    Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
    Then you would be expendable. I, as a head coach in the world of sports, would certainly see this as a lack of commitment to my program at a crucial point of time where our future together is hanging by a piece of thread.

    Maybe Cutler already made his decision.
    Crucial point and time? He was due back in one week!

    Why would him coming in a week before he was already scheduled to be back make any difference?

    If you ask me, the Broncos made a bigger deal about this by doing this phone conference. If they knew and expected Cutler to be there next Monday, they would have been wise to just talk to him then. They're the ones that have now drawn attention back to the situation by doing so - not Cutler.

    I don't think Cutler is expendable. It's clear you do. We'll just see what happens if and when Cutler is dealt.

  11. #6866
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    18,962
    Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
    Then you would be expendable. I, as a head coach in the world of sports, would certainly see this as a lack of commitment to my program at a crucial point of time where our future together is hanging by a piece of thread.

    Maybe Cutler already made his decision.
    No. You would see this as expendable because they (the people) didn't bend at your will. Not that they aren't committed to the team. Not that they aren't committed to their contract... but because they don't jump high enough when you snap your fingers. There is a HUGE difference that you aren't recognizing.

    I could very well say the same thing about managment not doign what THEY can to make the very accessible and very conveinent conference call work.

  12. #6867
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    5,758
    Quote Originally Posted by Go_Bolts04 View Post
    Not trying to talk trash, but if that is what MCD said, then I agree with him 100%. He doesn't have to win a game first. He is the Head Coach, and I applaud him making sure his QB understands that. There might be hope for the Broncos yet. Don't be down on him because he has a backbone, be happy you have a coach willing to take it on his shoulders. If he kisses Jay's behind in any way then he loses the team before mini camp starts. And no I'm not saying Jay is the bad guy here because I don't know all the facts...I don't like Jay but that's a different story. Bottom line is the coach is in charge and the players, even the QB need to be on board.
    It's easy for you to say that! This is GREAT news for the Chargers who get to laugh at Denver!

    How would you feel if the Bolts were running Phillip Rivers out of town? And then they were going to suck for the next 3 or 4 years so the Broncos had a great chance of winning the division every year for the next 3 or 4 years!

    Pretty good right?
    http://www.fbpages.me/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/159174168050152087_zRr4orMC_c.jpg

  13. #6868
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Cedar City, Utah
    Posts
    25,530
    Quote Originally Posted by rojo1289 View Post
    I like how Mcdaniels head is so ***en big now he thinks he is "it" now. Mcdaniels has a ***en ego problem! Win a ***en game before you come in like your **** dont' stink. I cant wait for all this to blow up in his ***en face so he can see how stupid he is! How does Mcdaniels walk through his office door with a head so big?
    And just how would you expect Josh to act?

    Should he run in the locker room and share chocolate chip cookie recipes? Hell yes, he's obviously laying down some law of his own and what did we expect? Some woosy to come in an kiss everyone else's ass?

    I still believe this Jay thing has been so blown out of proportion and beyond words, that it will all be fine. And even if not? Go Broncos.
    *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women***


  14. #6869
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Bozeman, MT
    Posts
    6,073
    Quote Originally Posted by mojo0730 View Post
    Crucial point and time? He was due back in one week!

    Why would him coming in a week before he was already scheduled to be back make any difference?

    If you ask me, the Broncos made a bigger deal about this by doing this phone conference. If they knew and expected Cutler to be there next Monday, they would have been wise to just talk to him then. They're the ones that have now drawn attention back to the situation by doing so - not Cutler.

    I don't think Cutler is expendable. It's clear you do. We'll just see what happens if and when Cutler is dealt.
    That's a great idea. Create a distraction for all the other players on the first day of workouts by meeting with the "star QB". Great message to send there.

    I think any player in the NFL is expendable, with the exception of maybe 3-5 proven exceptions. That's not a slight to Cutler at all.

  15. #6870
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    180
    Quote Originally Posted by BurgessRudy View Post
    Well I guess 7-9 and 8-8 will be better then the Broncos next year. I do like the Cardinals though and the Titans. I haven't made up my mind yet, that's the beauty of a new start. You get to choose who you want to love.
    Its called jumping on the bandwagon, it's for people who are gayer then aids.
    you should fit right in.:go:

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •