View Poll Results: Who do you support?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jay Cutler

    18 38.30%
  • Denver Broncos

    29 61.70%
Page 480 of 1461 FirstFirst ... 380 430 470 478 479 480 481 482 490 530 580 980 ... LastLast
Results 7,186 to 7,200 of 21901
  1. #7186
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    10,622
    Quote Originally Posted by MindField View Post
    This just illustrates that there has been damage on McDaniels side by Cutler.

    If he has serious doubts about Cutler's ability or willingness to buy in to the system, that he is not the leader he thinks he should be, etc, then he can't give him an absolute guarantee he won't be traded, which is what it sounds like Cutler's camp wants to hear.

    I think Jay Cutler needs to prove himself. This idea that he already has is a joke. It's a new coach with a new system, and one that so far, Cutler is already behind the learning curve on.

    Jay Cutler is talented, yes, but there is much more to the equation than that.
    So by that standard, was there something wrong with Elway because Reeves was trying to trade him?

    It's just funny how people don't see the parallels between the two situations.

    Elway stated in an interview a while back that as bad as the situation looked between he and Reeves in the media, it was MUCH worse behind closed doors, and it was bad almost from the start.

    It's entirely possible that this is a very similar situation playing out, but both sides are just handling it very differently.

    Like I said, nothing I've seen or heard from Cutler on the field or off tells me he should be dumped. Even if he rubbed McDaniels the wrong way or McDaniels may have thought he saw something he didn't like initially, if he really is the talented coach his supporters think he is he would try and make it work for at least a season. And thus far, he seems more inclined to try and make the situation worse and make it into a bigger media spectacle.

    I just don't see how the vast majority go from supporting Cutler and believing him to be the next coming to vilifying him, on the basis of what a 32-year-old rookie head coach with no previous experience coaching a team states. All we ever talked about when Shanahan was here was how all he brought in were role players and he constantly passed up on great talent in favor of scheme guys. Now we actually have a universally talented quarterback on our team, and we want to dump him for a role-playing scheme guy.

    It just seems to me that we're never satisfied.

  2. #7187
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    29
    How long does Tampa Bay hold the rights to Plummer? Are they still paying him?

  3. #7188
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    5,415
    Quote Originally Posted by neoslick View Post
    How long does Tampa Bay hold the rights to Plummer? Are they still paying him?
    Until he plays a season or they trade him.

  4. #7189
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Aurora
    Posts
    1,503
    Considering I like the Broncos because of Jay, we all know my answer to this. It'd be so long Broncos and hello new team. But I would still go for the Broncos as long as a few of the other players I like stay. And I'd still wear my Cutler jerseys, I'd have no choice.

    But, I think that we won't have to worry about this yet. I have faith that everything will work out for the Broncos and Jay will stay.

  5. #7190
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    10,544
    Quote Originally Posted by mojo0730 View Post
    So by that standard, was there something wrong with Elway because Reeves was trying to trade him?

    It's just funny how people don't see the parallels between the two situations.

    Elway stated in an interview a while back that as bad as the situation looked between he and Reeves in the media, it was MUCH worse behind closed doors, and it was bad almost from the start.

    It's entirely possible that this is a very similar situation playing out, but both sides are just handling it very differently.

    Like I said, nothing I've seen or heard from Cutler on the field or off tells me he should be dumped. Even if he rubbed McDaniels the wrong way or McDaniels may have thought he saw something he didn't like initially, if he really is the talented coach his supporters think he is he would try and make it work for at least a season. And thus far, he seems more inclined to try and make the situation worse and make it into a bigger media spectacle.

    I just don't see how the vast majority go from supporting Cutler and believing him to be the next coming to vilifying him, on the basis of what a 32-year-old rookie head coach with no previous experience coaching a team states. All we ever talked about when Shanahan was here was how all he brought in were role players and he constantly passed up on great talent in favor of scheme guys. Now we actually have a universally talented quarterback on our team, and we want to dump him for a role-playing scheme guy.

    It just seems to me that we're never satisfied.
    How does anyone know he is not trying to make it work? For all we know, he truly doesn't want to trade him and wants it to work. We need to just see how it plays out.

  6. #7191
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Muenster, Germany
    Posts
    565
    I'm a fan of the DENVER BRONCOS
    With and without Jay Cutler, with or without coach McD, etc.

    Players come and go... but my blood is orange and blue!


    BRING BACK ORANGE!!

  7. #7192
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    10,622
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronco51 View Post
    How does anyone know he is not trying to make it work? For all we know, he truly doesn't want to trade him and wants it to work. We need to just see how it plays out.
    I don't think he wants to trade him NOW.

    I DO think he wanted to trade him when Cassel was on the table and lied about it. And it seems quite obvious Jay is convinced of it, and thus far no one from the Broncos has corrected him.

    At the end of the day, all Cutler wants his is ego stroked a bit, and McDaniels is refusing. Until one side compromises, I don't see Cutler being here in 2009.

  8. #7193
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    6,248
    Quote Originally Posted by haciendadad View Post
    Who the hell is this "Source" from the Broncos organization???? He/she is having a field day spinning this out-of-control.
    i think cutler just signed Drew Rosenhaus as his agent to handle this situation


    sig by B4B6..

  9. #7194
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    5,415
    Quote Originally Posted by saltybuggah View Post
    funny how posters alway complained about ESPN never covering the Broncos.. well now you have it..
    I found this pretty funny as well. Definatly is a "careful what you wish for" type of moment.

  10. #7195
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Granada Nicaragua
    Posts
    9,168
    Quote Originally Posted by saltybuggah View Post
    hate to say it but..

    its Culter and the Broncos organization still not getting a handle on this... this should of been over and done with a while ago.. there is absolutely no reason this is still going on the way it is..

    having a PHONE conversation to settle your differences with one of your team leaders is not the way to settle this situation..

    the media loves drama and this year the Broncos are giving it to them...


    funny how posters alway complained about ESPN never covering the Broncos.. well now you have it..

    It is possible they requested a face to face meeting but he would not agree to come in. I doubt the orginization would ask him to keep out of the offices. It's possible though I guess.

  11. #7196
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Aurora
    Posts
    1,503
    He'll stay, I think McDaniels may be gone before Jay.

  12. #7197
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    10,544
    Quote Originally Posted by mojo0730 View Post
    I don't think he wants to trade him NOW.

    I DO think he wanted to trade him when Cassel was on the table and lied about it. And it seems quite obvious Jay is convinced of it, and thus far no one from the Broncos has corrected him.

    At the end of the day, all Cutler wants his is ego stroked a bit, and McDaniels is refusing. Until one side compromises, I don't see Cutler being here in 2009.
    It will be interesting Monday. If Jay does show up as he is expected to, McD MUST go public in his support of Jay and his commitment to NOT trade him. There is no way he can stay hush hush on this issue. He does not need to give details of any previous trade talks because that would only satisfy the lookyloos. But he does need to let us know that he backing Jay as the starter. That would hopefully stroke Jay's ego and make McD look a little more credible to the players. Let's just hope Jay shows up Monday ready to go, because if he doesn't, he will make McD look a little more in the right.

  13. #7198
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    10,622
    The other side to this is that it's VERY possible that McDaniels planned on attempting to bring Cassel here from the moment he was hired, regardless of how things went with Jay. It's possible that he thinks VERY highly of the quarterback and wanted to work with him here in Denver, even if it was at the expense of Jay.

  14. #7199
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Albuquerque, New Mexico
    Posts
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by neoslick View Post
    Let's trade cutler for some big picks from the Lions and then instead of wasting those picks on an untested QB...
    Let's ask Plummer to come back to the team! Then I could actually wear my old Plummer jersey again without feeling shame.

    I'm only half serious about this, I want cutler to stay but he's being such a whiny ***** right now.

    Whatever happens... I just want my broncos to win plain and simple.

    :go:


    shut up shut up shut up shut up
    --bringin' the pain--

    :orton:

  15. #7200
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Glasgow, Scotland.
    Posts
    3,794
    This stuff happens in sports all the time. I'm used to this type of speculation in Scotland since Soccer players are always getting pissed off like Cutler has been. Usually over the same scenario, being transferred off to another team. And usually the player stays where HE wants to be. The NFL is a different ball game (what a pun!) but I still expect him to stay where he is.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •