View Poll Results: Who do you support?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jay Cutler

18 38.30%
  • Denver Broncos

29 61.70%
Page 546 of 1461 FirstFirst ... 46 446 496 536 544 545 546 547 548 556 596 646 1046 ... LastLast
Results 8,176 to 8,190 of 21901
    I know i'm gonna get nailed for thist but can someone explain the double standard to me? When Plummer was QB every loss was his fault. He was in the same system with a horrible line no running game Rod was the only decent receiver and about the same talent defense. Now none of the blame goes on Cutler? I'm sure the 8 redzone turnovers don't count for anything and those are everyone elses fault too.

Quote Originally Posted by badtouchronnie View Post
    I know i'm gonna get nailed for thist but can someone explain the double standard to me? When Plummer was QB every loss was his fault. He was in the same system with a horrible line no running game Rod was the only decent receiver and about the same talent defense. Now none of the blame goes on Cutler? I'm sure the 8 redzone turnovers don't count for anything and those are everyone elses fault too.
    Plummer was not on nearly the same team. Plummer had a top 10 defense. Cutler has a bottom 3. A LITTLE different. Plummer also had a FAR more consistent, and better, running game.

If you are talking about the year he got benched? The defense was setting a record for least points ever given up at about the half way point in the season. We still where losing and our offense was generating like 3 points a game. If you watched that seasons and think Plummer wasn't playing bad, I'm not sure I can continue this conversation with you. It would be hopeless.
    Last edited by jhns; 03-13-2009 at 11:21 AM.

For all of those people who did not watch the Super Bowl this year, Pittsburgh has no offense, and Arizona has no defense or a running game. The majority of Pittsburgh's wins rested solely on the shoulders of the defense. Big Ben turns the ball over as much as Cutler does and he has 2 Super Bowl rings. Heck Arizona had the 20th ranked defense and they still made it because of their awesome passing game. Arizona ranked in the bottom third in rushing this year. Their leading rusher had 514 yds. You don't need to have a good running game to succeed in this league. All you need to have is a decent one and you can make the Super Bowl. Also with all of this stuff about "teams knew we were going to throw the ball inside the 20," look at Arizona all they did was throw the football. Oh yeah and Warner only threw 14 INTs last year compared to Cutler's 18.

Quote Originally Posted by elway 1987 View Post
    For all of those people who did not watch the Super Bowl this year, Pittsburgh has no offense, and Arizona has no defense or a running game. The majority of Pittsburgh's wins rested solely on the shoulders of the defense. Big Ben turns the ball over as much as Cutler does and he has 2 Super Bowl rings. Heck Arizona had the 20th ranked defense and they still made it because of their awesome passing game. Arizona ranked in the bottom third in rushing this year. Their leading rusher had 514 yds. You don't need to have a good running game to succeed in this league. All you need to have is a decent one and you can make the Super Bowl. Also with all of this stuff about "teams knew we were going to throw the ball inside the 20," look at Arizona all they did was throw the football. Oh yeah and Warner only threw 14 INTs last year compared to Cutler's 18.

The Cardinals had a far better defense during the season for one. Other than that, their defense was FAR better than it was in the season by the time the playoffs got here. They also only won a single game more than this team in the regular season with a FAR better defense.

Also, they have FAR more veterans in their passing game than this team. Cutler is starting his second year and his entire supporting cast has just entered the league. There are what, 3 guys on the starting offense that have been in the league over 3 years? You really expect that much youth to carry a team to the SB?

Why don't you run down a list of teams that have won a SB with only a passing offense, no running, no defense. There has to be many of them according to your theory.
    Last edited by jhns; 03-13-2009 at 11:29 AM.

I have reason to believe that we will see Cutler here on Monday. I can't tell you how I know, I just do.

Quote Originally Posted by I_Only_Like_Jay View Post
    I <3 Jay! I'll stand by him all the way.

So the two sides need to pull their heads out of their butts and move on. The Broncos have a lot to do and they can't let a rift between the main guy on the team and the coach affect the whole team.
    I agree with what I Only Like Jay said. I like Jay too, next to Elway & TD (Terell Davis).
    Avy made by [url=http://cheap-seats.livejournal.com][b]me[/b][/url].

Quote Originally Posted by elway 1987 View Post

and what was arizonas reg season record ? and how did their D do in the playoffs....yeah thought so ! thay almost pulled off a cinderella story by playing very well at the end of the season they were not winning games when the d was sucking !
    i'm a BRONCO'S fan !:go:

Quote Originally Posted by upindbroncs View Post
    Cugel...good post.

6. 37 interceptions in 37 games aren't quite the numbers I'd want from a QB if I was a new coach.
    I don't agree with this. Considering the NUMBER of throws Cutler made, the number of interceptions is quite low. He threw over 600 passes last year.

More to the point, Jay was the ENTIRE OFFENSE last season, indeed, the entire TEAM. No lead was big enough. He had to come out on every series and score a TD for the team to stay in the game. They had NO running game with 8 RBs on IR. Everybody including the defense knew he had to throw on virtually every down.

He did remarkably well considering the circumstances. People ***** about the record and "never won a playoff game." It's amazing they won 8 games last year. If San Diego hadn't tanked with vastly greater overall talent than the Broncos that division should have been a runaway. The division winner should have had 11 or 12 wins and then nobody would have talked about a Broncos playoff berth -- which they totally didn't deserve.

7. Look at Jay's stats...besides yards he's middle of the road in the league in all stats and second worst in interceptions. I don't know if he's earned the title "franchise QB" just yet.
    He's NOT middle of the road at all! Jay Cutler is the most promising young QB in the league. He threw for 4500 yards and 25 TDs. Neither of THOSE stats were "mediocre." Other than teams with Tom Brady, Eli or Peyton Manning, Ben Roethlisberger, Phillip Rivers or Drew Brees, plus a couple of teams that have invested heavily in QBs recently -- Joe Flacco, Matt Ryan, there's nobody in the league any GM would rather have.

And that includes Matt Cassel, who managed to win 11 games with the same SB team that went 18-1 the year before. Josh McDaniels wanted Matt Cassel? He's an idiot. Cassel will never have the career that Cutler will, either with the Broncos or elsewhere.

8. Honestly the Broncos should have been 6-10 last season, you all know why so no need for details. That would give them a losing record over the past 3 years, so don't cry of Shanny being fired. It needed to happen.
    Absolutely. NO crying over Mike's getting fired here. How long do they give the guy who allowed Denver's defense to degenerate into the worst in the NFL?

9. If Detroit offered me the #1 pick this year, plus either #20 or #33, and their #1 from next year for Cutler I'd have to say the GM in me would look really hard at that. I see Stafford being very similar to Cutler and we could add some real needed talent with the others.
    In about 3 or 4 years perhaps. Meanwhile who QBs the Broncos NOW? How many years do you think Bowlen will tolerate a losing team before he fires Josh McDaniels? IF he fired Mike Shanahan who gave him his first SB, and who he still considers a close friend, he can fire anybody.

He fired Wade Phillips after 2 seasons, and if McDaniels doesn't produce a playoff win within the next two years he's going to be LONG odds against getting a third year! You don't fire a Hall of Fame coach in order to tolerate mediocrity or worse from his 32 year old successor!

Drafting a QB for the "future" isn't an option if McDaniels wants to keep his job!

10. If Philly can talk about trading McNabb away year after year, I really don't think Cutler is off limits. That's a very similar situation in which everyone besides the front office is talking about trades.
    Yes. Anybody can be traded. If other teams offer you a Minnesota for Hershel Walker type deal, fine. Otherwise forget it!

#12 pick = Brian Cushing - They arenít made any better than Brian Cushing, from an ability standpoint. Cushing has fantastic size, speed, and athleticism. He has the size and toughness to match up with the bigger, more physical tight ends but the athleticism and speed to run with the H-Back types. His size and strength at the point of attack allow him to hold his ground and make plays in the running game, as well as line up as an edge rusher in passing situations. The time Cushing spent at the elephant end position gives him a very well rounded game. He can make an impact as a pass rusher, stopping the run, or dropping into coverage. Cushing also has very good instincts and is always around the action. He wastes no motion in diagnosing the action and flies to the football
    I would be fine with Cushing, but he might project to an ILB which isn't the team's biggest need right now. He'd immediately step into the starting lineup ahead of Wesley Woodyard or Boss Bailey.

But, I'd rather see a DE or DT with the #1 pick: If not Raji, then Tyson Jackson or trade back a bit and get NT Ron Brace, who might be the best pure NT in the draft.
    http://www.fbpages.me/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/159174168050152087_zRr4orMC_c.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Cutlers crew View Post
    yeah....what a loser he only needed to muster 53 points in week 17 and we would have won ! it was all his fault !.....lol

No, I would say the 3 or 4 huge throws he missed on wide open recievers in the Buffalo game told the story. He was so tired he layed down like a beaten dog in those last 3 games!

You say we would have been a 3 or 4 win team without him, well I say he couldn't QB the Pittsburgh Steelers to a title!

Quote Originally Posted by StugotsII View Post
    Fox News???
    Channel 31

Quote Originally Posted by Got Tulo? View Post
    I agree with what I Only Like Jay said. I like Jay too, next to Elway & TD (Terell Davis).
    I'm glad that you agree with me. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by cutlerfan View Post
    Hello all I have been staying away from this place on purpose. I have talked with Jay but only to say I support him whichever he chooses that being said I have mixed feelings about Jay coming back.

Pro's

1. Jay loves Denver, the fans and his teammates.

2. Jay has one of the best O lines in football.

3. Jay has good receivers.

4. Hopefully we will have a good running game.

Con's

1. If Jay does not show up he will be traded to what team??

Will the new team have a good line?

I mean if he went to a team I would want him to go to the Vikings, Bucs, Jags, or Jets. NO LIONS!! The Lions gave up a ton of sacks last year.

2. Forget team loyalty - This is a business. Denver Brass showed you this by looking to move you so you have to understand Jay is NOW looking for HIS best interest.

3. If he go's to a bad team this will only set him back, BUT if he goes to a team that has a DEFENSE they should make the playoffs which will negate this "Jay has not won anything" and I told Jay I want him to say when he holds that Lombardi trophy

"Mel - How do you like me now!!"

4. Is Denver's Defense going to be any better?? Will they continue to blame Jay for not making the playoffs because of a crappy defense??

Mike Lombardi from NFL Network said, the 2008 Denver Defense was the worst he has ever seen on tape. Yet the media blame Jay.

5. Will McD want him there?

Personally, I don't know which way Jay will go. A part of me want's Jay to come back and kick butt and show McDaniels that he is the best young QB in the game now, but then again if McDaniels is still a jerk Jay will have no leverage to get out Denver as he does now by not showing up on Monday.

I just want Jay on a team who wants' him there!

You would want the same!

Peace,
    Cutlerfan
    I wish I could talk to Jay, cause I would have some choice words for him.

I realize that he feels unwanted and a little abandoned, but he's a football player and he needs to go out and prove himself to our new head coach and show McDaniels why he should never again even think about trading him.

Jay, quit listening to your agent, go out and prove yourself, you teammates need you and your fans need you but nothing in life comes free my friend. You are starting over and Coach is not impressed with what you've done in the past, you need to show him what you can do now.

Understand that this new coach is gonna do his best to do what's best for the DENVER BRONCOS, he listened to trade offers yes, and may have even initiated them, but who cares, you taken your time off so go be a man and talk to Josh face to face. If then you still have differences then I hope for your sake we can trade you if your not happy here.

Don't blame the Head Coach for exploring every oppurtunity he has to make HIS football team better! Be a MAN, call him up and talk to him!!!

Where in the hell is Bowlen in all of this????

Does anyone know what stance he has in all of this?? I can't believe as the owner you would let something like this continue. As far as I have seen, he has lay'd low throughout this whole charade. Any thoughts on why we haven't heard from him?? Seems to me that since he hasn't said anything, there has to be some kind of master plan they are keeping behind closed doors between himself and McD???

Well according to this link he has finally spoken! http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_11919325

I guess he is sticking with McD. He might lose his franchise QB with no real solution for who could lead this offense. Hmmmmm makes me wonder exactly where his mind is.
    Last edited by nakajoe; 03-15-2009 at 03:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KWHIT97 View Post
    No, I would say the 3 or 4 huge throws he missed on wide open recievers in the Buffalo game told the story. He was so tired he layed down like a beaten dog in those last 3 games!

You say we would have been a 3 or 4 win team without him, well I say he couldn't QB the Pittsburgh Steelers to a title!
    And you know this because you're the brightest football mind around here?
    John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/2...iamssigwj2.jpg

Thanks Snk16