Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

What will ruin the Broncos?

Especially after the draft, many have suggested the coach will destroy the Broncos. I personally think this is a false notion at face value. The coach traded away a player who refused to adapt to life without his coach. This is a long issue, but the coach was left with few options. And suggesting the coach should just make things work is often times an impossible task, even more so when it's your first season as a headcoach.

Furthermore the roasting of the draft decisions is typical NFL bull. All of the NFL types think the exact same way. They have their draft projections and formulas for finding the best players. Unfortunately for them even when they follow McShay and Kiper's advice (among others)..... the players more often than not STINK. It's a friggin crap shoot as admitted by anybody who has not fooled themself. And to think the Broncos are worse off for deviating from a system that produces minimal results is moronic.

Neither Kyle Orton or Chris Simms will ruin the Broncos. Both are decent stating QB options. I am especially familiar with Orton. And I can say you have one QB who is a quality NFL starter, with potential to be a very good QB in the league.

Here's what I think could bury the Broncos. Brandon Marshall and similar situations. It's a huge distraction. Though not insurmountable (see SB Ravens). But more often than not these distractions destroy teams. I seem to recall the Broncos having some similar distraction recently where football took a backseat (I believe your CB was killed).

Having followed the Chicago Bears for a long time. I recognize what these types of distractions do to teams. Sometimes the effect is immediate and sometimes further down the road. For Bears fans Tank Johnson, Rex Grossman and Cedric Benson were factors in ruining what was a Super Bowl caliber team in many ways. They negatively affected the team both immediately and gradually.

If I was a hardcore Bronco fan... I just might want to see Brandon Marshall traded as well. Whatever it takes to win and make winning the priority.

Apparently the Broncos would be much better off with the Raheed Davis' and Devin Hester's than with Brandon Marshall. Count me out.

I bet you want him traded to Chicago huh...

Quote Originally Posted by BroncosNL View Post
    I bet you want him traded to Chicago huh...
    No way. That receiver has problems,

Quote Originally Posted by da_bear-man View Post
    No way. That receiver has problems,
    And Cutler doesn't?
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Quote Originally Posted by Roddoliver View Post
    And Cutler doesn't?
    Cutler has not given the bears any problems.

Cutler has not given the bears any problems.
    Except for refusing to sign autographs LOL.

Sorry had to throw that in there.
    Is it solipsistic in here, or is it just me?

He has not given any problems, yet. I'm not saying he will, but it will not take him long to get frustrated when his receivers will not catch. At least in Denver, he had some great receivers.

Who cares about cutler? Marshall is a menace.

Who cares about cutler? Marshall is a menace.
    LOL, so now he's been upgraded to a menace. Better get some pitchforks and torches ready. The villagers are rising up against the Beast. Mary Shelly would be proud.

Quote Originally Posted by Red-Falcon View Post
    He has not given any problems, yet. I'm not saying he will, but it will not take him long to get frustrated when his receivers will not catch. At least in Denver, he had some great receivers.
    The Denver Broncos led the NFL in dropped passes, if I remember right, including 8 dropped TD passes. Let's not pretend that the QB had nothing to do with the success that Denver's receivers have had, it's just not that simple.

And when you say "yet", that Cutler will give them problems is exactly what you are saying, he's no more predisposed to causing problems than Kyle Orton was.

Quote Originally Posted by Poindexter View Post
    LOL, so now he's been upgraded to a menace. Better get some pitchforks and torches ready. The villagers are rising up against the Beast. Mary Shelly would be proud.
    I just watched the otl vids and they are truly disturbing.

I just watched the otl vids and they are truly disturbing.
    very disturbing and also media hyped, overly biased garbage. I have no stake in Marshall staying, or leaving, but they made Marshall out to be citizen X in those videos. I don't believe he is blameless, but to think for an instant that she wasn't making some of that up to cover her ass? Please.

That vid belonged on Jerry Springer, not ESPN.

Quote Originally Posted by Poindexter View Post
    very disturbing and also media hyped, overly biased garbage. I have no stake in Marshall staying, or leaving, but they made Marshall out to be citizen X in those videos. I don't believe he is blameless, but to think for an instant that she wasn't making some of that up to cover her ass? Please.

That vid belonged on Jerry Springer, not ESPN.
    It shouldnt be on ESPN because it isnt about sports anymore. It probably been more suitable for Americas most wanted.

The video also portrayed the Broncos in a very negative light.