View Poll Results: Who do you support?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jay Cutler

18 38.30%
  • Denver Broncos

29 61.70%
Page 1252 of 1461 FirstFirst ... 252 752 1152 1202 1242 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1262 1302 1352 ... LastLast
Results 18,766 to 18,780 of 21901
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianBroncoFan View Post
    Just checked NFL.com, and Bowlens response to the cutler camps denying contact. " We have the phone records"

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/04/01/bron...phone-records/

There you go. Suffice to say, first team to offer a first rounder, a second rounder plus 1-2 of these 3: QB, DL or LB, first in 2010.... gets the prize.

Woody? SNyder? Anyone?

The Broncos Front Office deserves all the criticism they are getting now and for the next 20 years or so after totally screwing this whole Cutler situation up, McD came in and has almost completely deconstructed the Broncos high power offense in one stupid move, we all now the reason he wanted Cutler out is because if he won anything at Denver , people would say he won with Shannys guys much like they said Chucky won in tampa with Tonys guys.

I thought Cutler had every intention of coming to mandatory camps. He should of at least been in communication with the team. Damn can't he just man up and play. Show them why they shouldn't of tried to trade you instead of pouting about it during the offseason.

Well that's interesting to hear. lol could he be more blunt about the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Mount-n-Groan View Post
    ...and just when I thought it couldn't get any uglier.

If the Broncos start producing phone records to the media we'll know that we've hit rock bottom. I don't see anything good coming from this (though I freely admit that I'm blinded by about every emotion possible lately).

What? Do they think they'll actually INCREASE Cutler's trade value by providing evidence that his role in this is less innocent than he's letting on?
    No, but it's simple human nature; if somebody calls you a liar or disputes what you've said and you're telling the truth, you instinctively defend yourself. The team does need to think about Jay's trade value, but at this point the franchise also needs to worry about saving some face; Cutler's account of things has the entire organization coming off as evil and dishonest.

Quote Originally Posted by NoLmit48 View Post
    I was going to say this exact same thing. I was a big fan of Jay Cutler for the last few years. I'm no expert when it comes to the QB position, but I do know a little bit. This last season, I went to a game excited that I'd get to see Cutler play. I came away so disappointed by what I saw. I walked away from that game shaking my head and with a totally different opinion of Mr. Cutler.

You can call me names if you want, but I expect a few things from a QB at any level let alone at this level. I expect a QB to read a defense. I expect a QB to be mentally tough. I expect a QB to be extremely competitive. I expect a QB to be disciplined. I expect a QB to be very analytical in his approach to the game. What I saw at that game was a guy who doesn't understand the weaknesses of a defense. He didn't seem to know what defense he was looking at the entire game. Sure he had some pretty throws. Sure he had some good plays. But, to me it seemed like for every great play he had, he would have 2 or 3 plays where he threw into triple-coverage. He locked onto receivers, he was lazy in making his progressions, and in the end, he just couldn't see the defense. It was like he was looking for an open guy instead of diagnosing the defense and then knowing where the open guy was going to be. That would also explain why he's so effective outside the pocket. Because he cuts the field in half, and everyone's going in the same direction for the most part (the side he's rolling to). This causes a flood effect on the defense where he only has to read one or two guys as opposed to reading the defense.

I'm not saying Jay Cutler isn't a talented football player. Physically, the guy can throw the ball like few people can. I just think a QB is more than a guy who can chuck the football 70 yards down the field. I would take a guy with a good arm, good accuracy, and can read a defense over a guy who has an amazing arm, great accuracy, and can't read a defense.

I don't know enough about McDaniels to really judge him as a head coach. None of us do. But I do know that if I were McDaniels, what this last few months have shown me is that I would want a different guy leading my team. I want a guy who if he gets his feelings hurt isn't going to turn his back on his football team. I would want a guy who if I said "you're not good enough", he would break the door to the training facility down to prove to me that he is good enough. What Jay Cutler did instead was run away which to me should raise more questions about Cutler's willingness to compete than it should about McDaniels.

Yep you were watching the same broncos i was, and i'll bet that if you go back to the Game log's and see the comments you would see the same critisisim of him there, but not now by golly he was the greatest because he had 4500 yards passing.

One interesting stat is that The broncos had the number 2 ranked scoring offense through the first for games and then the number 29th scoring offense throught the last 12 making us 16th overall. Jay has tallent, but is by no means a QB god, i wish that i would have save the ESPN radio clips of them Hammering the fact that Jay even got to the probowl given his crappy play at the middle and end of the year, and how undeserving he was.

I like jay and wanted him to be our QB, but anointing him as a marter who is the greatest thing since canned beer is annoying.

i personally think that Jay is scared that he may not be as good as another QB in the offense, for the first time in his life he would be compared to another QB. Bates and shannahan crafted an offense around Jay and let Jay do what Jay wanted. Now another offensive guy comes in who led brady to the single season passing record, took a scrub to 11-5 and now all eyes were going to be on him to see how he perfomed and i think it scared the crap out of him so he ran and hid rather than bucking up and taking it on.

Quote Originally Posted by Evangelista View Post
    It's time for Bowlen to sell the team if he thinks a 32 yr old Belichick wannabe is what's best for the Broncos. I give McDaniel 1 and a half seasons max before he is canned and the rest of us faithful fans left holding the bag of dog...
    He will probably be fired 2yrs to the date that Mike got fired.If were all pissed think how Joshs Real Estate Agent feels.Josh telling him that hes going to needs to rent his house now instead of buying it.

I always thought it was a mistake to draft Cutler in the first place.

You think some of Peyton Manning would of rubbed off on Cutler at the pro bowl. Obviously not. The difference between Cutler and Manning is one went to a losing SEC program the other went to a winning SEC program. One is a team player, the other is selfish.

Quote Originally Posted by MileHighInNY View Post
    No, but it's simple human nature; if somebody calls you a liar or disputes what you've said and you're telling the truth, you instinctively defend yourself. The team does need to think about Jay's trade value, but at this point the franchise also needs to worry about saving some face; Cutler's account of things has the entire organization coming off as evil and dishonest.
    So let me get this straight, it is ok for the FO to use human nature but not OK for Cutler to get upset about trade talks (which is human nature)? Do you really believe you are looking at this situation objectively?

This is exactly the reason I have been saying the FO is to blame in this. They are, yet again, making a dumb move. There should have never even been a mention of the trade outside of thier office, there shouldn't be mention of Cutler not taking phone calls, and there now shouldn't be mention of him lying again. Not only are they now losing their QB because of all this, they are also killing his value. Either way, they STILL are not handling this very well. It is like we are a new expansion team just trying to figure it out right now.....

How many times has this happenend on the Broncos in the past? How many times has there been this big of a circus over something? I can't remember one. I CAN remember pleanty of times that players and our FO didn't get along and had disputes. Those disputes still never came off like this one and where always resolved without anyone blasting anyone in the media. Shanny and Plummer hated eachother. Plummer never had this kind of problem and he still to this day will talk bad about Shanny whenver it is brought up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mount-n-Groan View Post
    ...and just when I thought it couldn't get any uglier.

If the Broncos start producing phone records to the media we'll know that we've hit rock bottom. I don't see anything good coming from this (though I freely admit that I'm blinded by about every emotion possible lately).

What? Do they think they'll actually INCREASE Cutler's trade value by providing evidence that his role in this is less innocent than he's letting on?
    Hey it would be a smart move by Pat if he wants to save those boarder line fans sitting on the fence. If he does produce phone records it could mean more fans will stay with the team.

cant believe i wont get a cutler jersey

i want one really bad

:cutler::cutler:
    I support Kaepernick 100%

This is all your fault apc!

Sorry, just spreading the blame around.

Quote Originally Posted by apc View Post
    Ok, so now the Broncos are going to have to trade Cutler. Cutler is a spoiled brat with a ton of talent who has a lot of growing up to do, so he is definitely not blameless in all of this. You don't refuse to answer the phone when the owner of the team calls, I don't care who you are. I think Cutler would have pulled this move if Bowlen had hired Gruden "without checking with" Cutler. Who does this punk think he is? He thinks he's Peyton Manning or something.

But I am so sick and tired of this McLovin coming in here and acting like Bill Parcells or Bill Belichick (including looking for a guy who can run "his system"--as if there aren't 100 different systems that any coach could install that would love to use a guy like Cutler). This McLovin is nothing--he is the guy who got Belichick's coffee and put the right amount of Coffeemate in it. He comes to a team with the No. 2 offense and the worst defense, and he immediately runs off the 25 year old pro bowl QB with the rocket arm?

What's next, trading our franchise LT Ryan Clady? Maybe then McLovin can get "his guy".

We should get a nice haul for Cutler, because so many teams are interested. (In fact, I could see the rumors of Washington landing him for a boatload of picks and then hiring Mike Shanahan totally happening.) But McLovin will be making the picks, and I don't even know if he can pick up pizza for Belichick correctly without screwing it up. I'm really disgusted right now.

Seriously, these are the darkest days EVER for the Denver Broncos in my 25 years of being a fan.
    ummm mcdaniels has been running the new england offense since 06, and he was the quarterback coach since 04. id say he had quite a bit to do with offense, especially considering how lucky we were to even sign him as a coach

Angry Thanks for nothing Josh McDaniels, Pat Bowlen

One word describes how I feel. SICK. Literally sick! How could this happen? I just want to say(with a whole lot of sarcasm) thank you to our new head coach and our owner. Thank you for screwing this whole thing up. Thank you for setting us back God knows how many more years. Thank you, Mr. "I have complete control over my organization" Bowlen for letting an unproven coach come in and ruin our team. You apparently did not do enough to fix this situation. It seems you are happy with Mr. Unproven, who hasnt coached a single game, as compared with Jay who is going to do great things, and it seems he will being doing it in a Bears or Jets jersey.
    I have been a die hard Broncos fan for 27 years. Like many of my fellow fans who sat through 3 SB humiliations, years of mediocrity get a slap in the face like this? I am almost ready to take down all my Broncos stuff, put all my clothes, hats and jerseys away cause I feel so betrayed by the ownership. After years of having no one at QB since John Elway, I felt we had something with Jay. Now who are we stuck with? Anyone remotely close in talent? Intangibles? Arm strength? All the qualities to be a championship QB? The answer is a BIG FAT NO! Thanks for the knife in the back, McDaniels. Bowlen. Thanks for nothing.