Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Does Kyle Orton remind you of...

Peyton Manning pre-snap, and in the pocket?

Pre-snap both players seem to do a good job of reading the defense and calling audibles.

In the Pocket, both seem to have a pretty good pocket presence, and both Qb's have an upright style, and seem to throw the ball the same way.
    Go Broncos!!!

Yeah.

Sig by Blondie79

Oh, let's not compare Kyle Orton to Peyton Manning...

- ★ -
    2012 Adopt a Bronco : Joe Mays

No LOL. You Bronco fans crack me up ROFL.

Here is your progression
    1. I hope Kyle Orton is a starter talent
    2. Kyle Orton easily is starter talent. Bears don't have any good players on offense.
    3. Kyle Orton is better than Jay Cutler because Cutler isn't a leader and throws way to many picks. Kyle Orton is better because he has more wins than Jay.
    4. Doesn't Kyle Orton remind you of Peyton Manning!!!???

What's next? ROFL

You guys are really setting yourselves up for serious disappointment this season.

Before some of you people have heart attacks, I think the OP is just talking about their similar mannerisms, and not so much about their play in general. Some people on this board are so quick to jump to negative conclusions that they don't think before they post. Or maybe they just don't care and see it as a good excuse to post something negative anyways..

:go:

Quote Originally Posted by iowabronco24 View Post
    Before some of you people have heart attacks, I think the OP is just talking about their similar mannerisms, and not so much about their play in general. Some people on this board are so quick to jump to negative conclusions that they don't think before they post. Or maybe they just don't care and see it as a good excuse to post something negative anyways..

:go:
    That's a valid point. It has just about as much credibility as all of the posters around here who have compared Cutler to Elway.

Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

If you talk about the fact that Orton uses to change plays at the line of scrimmage, yeah, he copies Peyton Manning... Also, in Chicago he wore no. 18, just like Manning, and he also wore a Riddell Revolution helmet, just like Manning...

Otherwise, there's no resemblance between the two QBs... While Manning plays awesome every year, Orton has not managed to keep his job in Chicago and the Bears decided that getting Cutler for Orton is a far better deal, than keeping him in the town...

Quote Originally Posted by Rockies3384 View Post
    In the Pocket, both seem to have a pretty good pocket presence, and both Qb's have an upright style, and seem to throw the ball the same way.
    This is the reason for my post, as the OP seems to be actually comparing their gameplay alongside the way they act prior to the snap.

I am optimistic about our offense this season, but please don't be too quick to judge me because I don't encourage people comparing Orton to Manning (or Brees, in another thread) when it's unrealistic and will normally just provide the haters with a very good reason to get up in arms.

- ★ -
    2012 Adopt a Bronco : Joe Mays

Quote Originally Posted by sSync View Post
    This is the reason for my post, as the OP seems to be actually comparing their gameplay alongside the way they act prior to the snap.

I am optimistic about our offense this season, but please don't be too quick to judge me because I don't encourage people comparing Orton to Manning (or Brees, in another thread) when it's unrealistic and will normally just provide the haters with a very good reason to get up in arms.
    I don't think anything he said has anything to do with actual game play except for maybe pocket presence, which Orton is actually pretty good at, he's just not very mobile. They do both kind of stand the same way in the pocket and I guess you could say they throw the ball the about the same. But these points really shouldn't be debated a whole lot because they have nothing to do with how they actually play. Just because you have the same mechanics as some1 doesn't mean your going to have the same arm strength or accuracy.

yeah but i think hes a bit closer to montana with a little john unitas thrown in. but his arm totally john elway though.
    disclaimer: if the above post appears to contain outrageously illogical content, ITS PROBABLY SARCASM

He actually reminds me more of a Joe Montana... haha

I think the OP is really on to something here...

Not ONLY does Orton remind me of Manning at the line, I also see a little Brett Favre in his chin growth. And the way he parks his car, it's a spitting image of Joe Montana. Come to think of it, he brushes his teeth just like Troy Aikman in the early 90's. When I see him eat, it's as if I'm watching Steve Young. And you know, his handwriting is strangely similar to John Elway's. And he bowls like Unitas in his prime.

He must be the greatest of all time.

Orton is the rubber band man .. goggle the song and listen to the words in the song before you think I am saying something negative

Quote Originally Posted by SunDevil_Jake View Post
    I think the OP is really on to something here...

Not ONLY does Orton remind me of Manning at the line, I also see a little Brett Favre in his chin growth. And the way he parks his car, it's a spitting image of Joe Montana. Come to think of it, he brushes his teeth just like Troy Aikman in the early 90's. When I see him eat, it's as if I'm watching Steve Young. And you know, his handwriting is strangely similar to John Elway's. And he bowls like Unitas in his prime.

He must be the greatest of all time.
    Funny, but I don't think any1 said anything about his play being similar, just his mannerisms and pocket presence..

Certainly nothing about being the greatest of all time..

Kyle Orton reminds me of Brian Griese.