View Poll Results: Who do you support?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jay Cutler

18 38.30%
  • Denver Broncos

29 61.70%
Page 287 of 1461 FirstFirst ... 187 237 277 285 286 287 288 289 297 337 387 787 1287 ... LastLast
Results 4,291 to 4,305 of 21901
    Quote Originally Posted by mojo0730 View Post
    But as I pointed out, Elway was labled a diva before he even came to Denver. And if the Broncos gave up on him when they almost did (back when he was almost traded to the Redskins) just because he didn't get along with his head coach and thought he was the Broncos, we never would have won two Super Bowls.

The point is, I agree Cutler is immature and probably opens his mouth way too much. But I think it's way too soon to give up on the kid, and regardless of any of that, McDaniels was in the wrong for this whole mess and for wanting to trade Cutler for Matt Cassel.

You compare Cutler to George, there are a plathora of one-season wonder quatterbacks I can name that compare to Cassel.
    That's just the point, Mojo, who says we are 'giving up on him'?

In fact, quite the opposite, McDaniles and Xanders are trying to reach out to him, but he is the one keeping them at arm's length.

As I have said repeatedly. This can all easliy go away and be a complete footnote in time.

If Cutler comes back and is committed, and the Broncos win games, all will be forgotten.

It's completely up to Jay Cutler.

Kind of a bad analogy. Replacement car parts are expected to work exactly as advertised, for the most part there's no guesswork. There's very little risk that goes into buying upgrades for a car. But with football players, there's the whole unknown (especially with young/rookie QB's) of how they will perform. And to be fair, it is unknown how Cutler will do in the new offensive system...but I have to think it's much, much more likely he will find success than a rookie.

How about you just bought a new Mac and but were just givin alot of PC software but most of it doesn't fit into your new system. Solution! trade it on Craigslist
    Official 2009 Adopt-A-Bronco:Moreno, Knowshon

Quote Originally Posted by in.the.game View Post
    i neither own a car or drive one.

my means of transportation are my two feet.

can you please use an analogy or metaphor that i can relate to?

lol...
    why cut off your leg and replace it with a wooden one

Quote Originally Posted by BillyD123 View Post
    I can clearly see why JM doesn't want Cutler as his QB.
    1-Losing record
    2-Health issues
    3-Under achiever
    4-Not coachable
    5-Airs problems in the press
    6-Has asked to be traded
    7-Doesn't get along with management
    8 Believes the Bronco's are his team
    9-etc...
    1-Losing Defense
    2-Health nonissue
    3-Overachiever (see #1)
    4-had no problems with an experienced coach/leader
    5-is called up while on vaca by eager Denver press who want to be the first to tell him every story and get a juicy quote
    6-trade request was pure speculation on the part of SI's Peter King
    7-see #4
    8-the Broncos are his team.

amidst all of the upheaval and changeover, Cutler is one of the few constants that fans have been able to look to and know who the heck they are gonna root for next season. you cross Jay, you cross most Broncos fans.

:cutler:
    Last edited by serfrocker; 03-03-2009 at 10:33 AM. Reason: accuracy

and if I'm out in the middle of nowhere and that car breaks down, do I call the dealer (media) that sold it to me or do I call the mechanic (coach) that has done the work on it. I would call the mechanic so that he could explain what happened and try to fix the problem, and if it broke down again when I really needed to get somewhere, then I would have to trade it in for something more reliable. If my car broke down 8 of 16 times, I would look into getting a new car and definately one with better mileage (defense).
    Broncos, John Elway, nvjeanie. Established in 1960

awwwww....would you like a tissue and soooda big guy???.....

he's really selling his season tix b/c he cant afford em anymore... Every Bills fan would laugh at this post. Besides you act like Cutler is really the next coming of John Elway or Joe Montana...

Quote Originally Posted by MindField View Post
    That's just the point, Mojo, who says we are 'giving up on him'?

In fact, quite the opposite, McDaniles and Xanders are trying to reach out to him, but he is the one keeping them at arm's length.

As I have said repeatedly. This can all easliy go away and be a complete footnote in time.

If Cutler comes back and is committed, and the Broncos win games, all will be forgotten.

It's completely up to Jay Cutler.
    As I pointed out, although you disagree with the assessment, McDaniels and Xanders lied to the media and Cutler about trying to trade him. There are too many credible, reliable sources out there that confirm more than a couple of phone calls took place.

So why would Jay have to drop everything to come out to Denver, just so Denver can come out and say 'all is well' without admitting any fault, when there's no mandate for him to do so (i.e. mandatory workout or practice)? Jay's not coming out because he believed and continues to believe that Xanders and McDaniels are lying about the situation ("I know they tried trading me" are his exact words). What would give Cutler that impression, and why haven't the Broncos come out to publicly refute what their quarterback is saying about them if it is all indeed lies and rumors?

So the cars engine got its feelings hurt and now won't turn on until the owner apologizes to the engine? I'm sorry I don't see how this analogy relates unless cars have feelings and decide to turn themselves off? lol

Quote Originally Posted by rojo1289 View Post
    Most if not all of us here own or at least drive a car. Now all you trade supporters or at least those that are ok with the idea. If you have a nice looking car that's everything you need and want, but find that it's not running up to it's full potential yet; do you go and swap out the whole motor because it has a little lag? Of course not only a moron would. Someone with common sense would do a an oil change, or a tune and they will find that's all the car needed to run smooth. Are you really stupid enough to swap out the entire motor and 1. risk replacing it with a motor that's crap, but sure did look nice outside the car? 2. go through all the trouble and chances in replacing a motor and keep your fingers crossed that the car will turn on when the swap is complete?? or do you simply do a damn tune-up and realize all that extra crap was not needed?
    What if I inherited a nice sports car in extremely good shape, but I prefer my old dependable pick up truck. Should I be forced to drive the sports car? Or would selling it now while it has a high blue book in a sports car short market be ok?

All my friends say I am stupid to sell such a nice car, but I like trucks.

*** am I suppose to do?

signed,

Too many modes of transportation
    My 2011 starting defense

R Ayers - B Cofield - A Haynesworth - CJ ohnson
    J Anderson - J Beason - DJ Williams
    R Bailey - P Amukamara - R Hill - A Goodman

The Argument For Cutler and Minnesota - ESPN

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nfcnorth/...Minnesota.html

Personally I think he's just further trying to stir the pot. Will these hacks at ESPN get over themselves. No matter what took place, Cutler isn't getting traded at this point, unless McDaniels really wants to look like an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by floridabroncos View Post
    http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nfcnorth/...Minnesota.html

Personally I think he's just further trying to stir the pot. Will these hacks at ESPN get over themselves. No matter what took place, Cutler isn't getting traded at this point, unless McDaniels really wants to look like an idiot.
    I really don't know how much MORE of an idiot McDummy can look like.

Quote Originally Posted by B4Bronco6 View Post
    I really don't know how much MORE of an idiot McDummy can look like.
    Anything is possible, trust me.

Quote Originally Posted by serfrocker View Post
    1-Losing Defense
    2-Health nonissue
    3-Overachiever (see #1)
    4-had no problems with an experienced coach/leader
    5-is called up while on vaca by eager Denver press who want to be the first to tell him every story and get a juicy quote
    6-trade request was pure speculation on the part of SI's Peter King
    7-see #4
    8-the Broncos are his team.

amidst all of the upheaval and changeover, Cutler is one of the few constants that fans have been able to look to and know who the heck they are gonna root for next season. you cross Jay, you cross most Broncos fans.

:cutler:
    Sorry but number 8 and 5 is a bunch of crap. I want a player who sees himself as a part of a team and who buys in, not one who thinks they can call the shots about who comes in and who should or should not coach him. I want a player who believes their ego isn't as important as the team's as a whole and is willing to work hard for his teammates, his ego aside. And trying to dismiss Cutler airing his grievances as "just happened to be called on vacation" is a total joke.

And I'm a Broncos fan first and last. I want to see the Broncos do well. My allegiance to the team is not predicated on a certain player being or not being on this team.

I want Cutler here because I think he can help us win a Super Bowl. But I don't want him here if he doesn't believe in what we're doing and acts like a petulant child when the front office does something he disagrees with. He needs to grow up.
    KHAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mojo0730 View Post
    As I pointed out, although you disagree with the assessment, McDaniels and Xanders lied to the media and Cutler about trying to trade him. There are too many credible, reliable sources out there that confirm more than a couple of phone calls took place.

So why would Jay have to drop everything to come out to Denver, just so Denver can come out and say 'all is well' without admitting any fault, when there's no mandate for him to do so (i.e. mandatory workout or practice)? Jay's not coming out because he believed and continues to believe that Xanders and McDaniels are lying about the situation ("I know they tried trading me" are his exact words). What would give Cutler that impression, and why haven't the Broncos come out to publicly refute what their quarterback is saying about them if it is all indeed lies and rumors?
    Good question, and a fair one...that is why I wish they would put it all on the table and tell us what they were thinking.

If they were thinking along the lines that I expressed, I wish they would just hit Cutler right between the eyes with it.

Now, if it turns out to be just a whimsical attempt to aquire Matt Cassel, and McDaniels cannot say he was dissatisfied with Jay Cutler and his expectations of how he should have been participating with his role on the new team, then God help the Broncos, because it will be a mess at Dove Valley that will probably require either McDaniels or Cutler to move on, ala
    Dan Reeves/John Elway.

Personally, as grown men, I hope it does not come to that.

On the other hand, if it does come out that Jay Cutler has been difficult and unaccomodating, then screw him, trade his ass to Detroit...see how he likes that.