View Poll Results: Who do you support?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jay Cutler

18 38.30%
  • Denver Broncos

29 61.70%
Page 1113 of 1461 FirstFirst ... 113 613 1013 1063 1103 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1123 1163 1213 ... LastLast
Results 16,681 to 16,695 of 21901
    Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
    Cutler knows who he's throwing too before he even snaps the ball most of the time, IMHO. It's why you see so many forced throws by him into double coverage.
    Agreed.

It is kind of a staple of the WCO (what Shanny based his offense around) to figure out pre-snap your 1-4 receivers.

It's why Vick would run, in his sets, scrambling was often number 2 option.

That's why there was so much talk and complaining last year, that Cutler wouldn't check down and instead just gun it to his number 1 option (Marsh)

Not a bad post, but I disagree with you, and I think Cutler fits the Mac offense in ways we can only hope to see.
    Bronco fan from Packer Land.
    Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
    Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Quote Originally Posted by floridabroncos View Post
    Give me a few minutes and I'll give you direct links to videos proving this.
    While you're at it, please do yourself a favor and search for "Brian Dawkins" as well.

It's a great try, but having a Pro Bowl WR, arguably the NFL's best rookie WR, and arguably the NFL's best pass protecting oline, including a Pro Bowl C and arguably the NFl's best rookie LT, it's pretty safe to say that Cutler carried nobody on his back that day. I could even take it a step further and say he was one of the worst players on offense that day, ubless he was getting sacked like crazy, and his WR's were dropping the ball left and right, but I'd have to go back and look those up.
    His receivers led the league in drops. He had 8 RBs on IR. His OL was no doubt great and deserves as much of the credit as he does, but apart from that he had no other help that another team and QB did not have.

He kept us in the playoff hunt despite having one of the worst defenses in history. Teams with defensive rankings similar to ours are picking 1, 2, and 3 in this years draft. Those teams had weapons (Calvin Johnson, Kevin Smith, Torry Holt, Donnie Avery, Steven Jackson, Bowe, Gonzales, Larry Johnson). The only thing they did not have was our OL and our QB.

After doing everything that Cutler did, to not make the playoffs following a game where the defense gave up 52 points to a 7-8 team had got to be crushing. Given the context, Cutler was remarkably generous.
    Hoping for a defensive-minded head coach and a return to the ZBS on offense. At the very least, no more cheaters for head coach.

While you're at it, please do yourself a favor and search for "Brian Dawkins" as well.
    I don't understand this fuss about Brian Dawkins. How significant is the opinion of a guy who has yet to play a single down for the Broncos?
    Hoping for a defensive-minded head coach and a return to the ZBS on offense. At the very least, no more cheaters for head coach.

Quote Originally Posted by AC1 View Post
    I remember the Cleveland game where Collinsworth mentioned a few times that Marshall ran the wrong route (one instance of which led to an interception). Made me wonder how much we would know about Cutler's interceptions if Collinsworth (or someone as knowledgeable) called all of our games last year.
    Collinsworth Knowledgeable??

BCMB Div I - AB's Etsy Shop | BCMB FF Smackdown - Cold Feet

Quote Originally Posted by dipablo View Post
    Collinsworth Knowledgeable??
    No. Collinsworth, Cris

First off, there is no source saying Jay won't show. It only says that the Broncos are changing April's camp to voluntary, so anything about Jay not showing is speculation and even if he did decide not to come, it would stand true to his statement that he will only go to mandatory camps.

Second, its funny how Cutler requested a trade but by doing so has only made teams decide not to persue him. Ironic huh? The Redskins, Bears and Panthers all said they won't go after Jay. Funny how things work huh? Now, even if he did want out, he has all but secured your spot in Denver.

Hopefully he wants to stay now. At least a little bit.
    Last edited by IHSD; 03-26-2009 at 01:58 PM.
    http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/275/ihatesd.png

Supporter of COLORADO sports teams. :

Signature by Peerless.

Links to Jay Cutler post game press conf. following losses:

Cutler following the loss to the Chiefs in game 4

Cutler following the loss to the Jags in game 6

Cutler following the loss to the Patriots

Note he made no excuses for his performance with the finger issue, when it was obvious all game to anyone who watched that the finger bothered him, and he was especially critical of himself in this interview

Cutler following the loss to the Raiders

Cutler was pretty tough on himself on this one, going as far to say that the win loss record is only kept for a coach and a QB, and that he's gotta make it happen.

Cutler following the loss to the Panthers

Specifically blamed the loss on the Offense, and I watched this game and had nightmares that night about this game and the offense had little to do with this loss.

Cutler following the Buffalo loss

Cutler spoke on the fact that they didn't take advantage of chances to go out and win the game (if you can say he called out anyone, he called out the equipment and comm people for the failed mic in his helmet). Never said a word about the defense the entire presser.

and finally Cutler after the San Diego loss. Cutler never once made a derogatory comment on the defense despite the fact that they should have apologized to him and the rest of the offense after this horrible performance on their part. The media gave him a chance to call out Eddie for crucial drops and he just said that they were both disappointed.

All in all, these were 7 of the 8 press conf. with him after losses (for some reason can't seem to find the 8th, if I do I'll post the link) but Jay handles the press with maturity and calls himself out more so than he ever blames anything on his teammates.
    Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

Unbelievable. You guys don't pay attention.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...urn=nfl,131508

I wonder is he's really saying, "our defense can't stop anybody, that's the bottom line, so it's ok for me to go out and have miserable games. It will always be the defenses fault."
    Well, like you're saying, you're just wondering. And why bringing back a quote that was posted like in 20 threads or so before. This thread is getting annoying.
    [SIGPIC]http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=357619&dateline=1243266547[/SIGPIC]

So was I.

I think you know there are countless threads on this forum about Brian Dawkins making statements about Cutler needing to keep things "behind closed doors". If you search back about 1-3 weeks, or whenever the Dawkins comments came out, you know you'd find them.

You're just trying to "spin words" at this point because you know very well Dawkins made those comments. Or perhaps you're just now following along with this soap opera. If that's the case, get caught up. I'm not doing all the work for you.
    I'm going to do something you haven't done this entire thread. Direct quote from a player:

"I come from Philadelphia," Dawkins said Wednesday. "These types of things are no big deal for me. I shouldn't say they're not a big deal, but I've seen where once things are handled in-house, inside the locker room, that these things get worked out and we move on and we come together as a team. That's what I'm hoping happens here."

and

"I'm hoping I get a chance to talk to Jay at some point," Dawkins said. "To me, you handle things inside. If you have a problem with a teammate, you deal with him. If you have a problem with your head coach, you deal with him, and then you move forward."

Nothing disparaging about Jay in either direct quote. He simply said that the whole issue wasn't a big surprise because he's seen things that played out like big dramas in Philly and it turned out to be no big deal, and then he said that he hopes to get a chance to talk to Jay and figure out what Jay's line of thinking is on the issue and hopes that from this point on they can work the issue out outside of the press (which has been what has happened, both jay and josh have been extremely hesitant to say anything to the press since this mess blew up, which I can't say the same for Bus Cook or Pat Bowlen).
    Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

Mcdaniel or Cutler

Don't you think it's way easier to find another Mcdaniel than it is to find a cutler (took us 10 yrs to find a franchise QB of this caliber). Bowlen should know this

Personally I don't want either to go. Cutler is a top five talent in this league (note I didn't say he's the fifth best QB, not yet, but he is a top 5 talent and has the potential to be a top five QB) and you just can't teach the skills he has, and McDaniels is a creative play caller and has shown the skill to develop a system that can interchange parts and still be successful. Both together can do some great things in this league.

In large part, I think the Broncos stopped using as much of a vertical passing game as well, because Marshall best ability is his run after catch, especially in traffic.

Jay does need to continue to improve his downfield accuracy however. But, that will hopefully continue to happen this season.

I think Ben Tate will be the best back taken in the 2010 draft. (5/3/10)
    SportsXPicks, check out the Rants and Opinions section

Not this again.
    *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women***

Shut up .
    http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/275/ihatesd.png

Supporter of COLORADO sports teams. :

Signature by Peerless.