View Poll Results: Who do you support?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jay Cutler

18 38.30%
  • Denver Broncos

29 61.70%
Page 1124 of 1461 FirstFirst ... 124 624 1024 1074 1114 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1134 1174 1224 ... LastLast
Results 16,846 to 16,860 of 21901
    oh well. I mean, who cares??

These are just Jets players sticking up for their own guy.

A LOT of the Jet OL and DL didn't like Favre either, and he's known as one of the most charasmatic, and player that others like, around the NFL. Seems to me, a lot of the Jet guys have some issues with others coming in.

Welcome to the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by Roddoliver View Post
    Not really. First of all, looks like Cutler will remain a Bronco. But back to the topic, I disagree. If we did not have Cutler, our offense would probably rely more on the running game, increasing the lenght of the drives. Plus, Cutler is among the most intercepted quarterbacks, not to mention his fumbles. Maybe another QB would not make amazing plays like Cutler, but he would be more disciplined and take better care of the ball. Cutler's aggressive style of play if bad for any defense.
    We actually rarely saw 8-man fronts because of Cutler (something that was a constant under Griese and Plummer). Without Cutler, not only does our run-game have to work harder, it also does not have one of the best third-down QBs in the league to bail it out on third-and-long.

Someone posted a stat recently that said we had the fewest percentage of non-scoring drives in the league.
    Hoping for a defensive-minded head coach and a return to the ZBS on offense. At the very least, no more cheaters for head coach.

I disagree check out our TOP this season it was lower than most of our oppenets, because we passed more than we ran.

no way.... players talk smack...... our QB talks smack..... i am totally shocked right now

I love seeing Dolt fans on this thread, because their QB is universally loved and respected by every one. Just ask us, Pats players and fans, and all the fans and players that saw fit not to vote him into the ProBowl despite leading the league in a laundry list of stats, the players who voted him as the most overrated QB in the league in an SI players poll, Colts Fans,............................................. ...You get the point.

As far as if I care that some Jets DB got his little feelers hurt by our QB, if I did care, I'd have to kick my own ass.

It's called being in the NFL Rhodes.
    [SIGPIC]http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=357619&dateline=1243266547[/SIGPIC]

McD is just going to have to tailor the system he is bringing in to the QB he has on hand. Cutler should be able to execute the plays as long as the coach does his job.
    Wanna play a game?? Check it out at milehighhitman7.webs.com

Quote Originally Posted by Odomsfan View Post
    Anyone stopped to consider the effects of this possible trade of Jay Cutler to our defense. I'm speaking specifically in terms of time of possession. Our TOP wll drop dramatically and the defense will be on the field for an eternity and our senior veterans like Dawkins and Bailey will wear out by the mid season. The older guys we have are not built for this type of situation.
    I think McD had better think a bit more about the ramifications on his D if his O is going to sputter for two more years trying to find their niche.
    The Bronco's TOP couldn't drop dramatically. It was already in the cellar with Cutler at the helm. I think the TOP woes were a combination of turnovers (too many on O, not enough on D) and lack of defense more than anything.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoFan1088 View Post
    I disagree check out our TOP this season it was lower than most of our oppenets, because we passed more than we ran.
    25th in the league. Lower than most of the teams in the league.
    Quote Originally Posted by Broncoholic3233 View Post
    FF is awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by floridabroncos View Post
    It is not a rule violation for OL to start at a standing position. They just can't move pre-snap. OT do it all the time in passing formations. The only guy that has to start at a three point stance is the center, as the ball must touch the ground prior to snap and cannot be moved laterally, only positioned for snap.

Try telling that to the New York Giants. They murdered the Patriots OL.
    I think you are wrong. Whether a guy is off sides has nothing to do with crossing the line of scrimmage. Offsides is determined by the offensive lineman moving prior to the snap. This is usually determined by his hands/fingers leaving the ground in a three point stance.
    If you watch older NFL footage it is clear that the refs blow the whistle sometimes as soon as it becomes clear the offensive lineman shows an intent to move forward. In a normal three point stance this requires the hand to be moved off the ground, because all the playerīs weight is resting on one hand. In competitive line play if the offensive lineplayer is not leaning forward, it is most likely he will be put on his tush.
    Now if you are intending to pass block from a three point stance it is possible to put less weight on the hand you are leaning on, but your starting position is forward none the less. This is the traditional linemans position.
    There is a lot of positive excitement that is generated on both sides of the line if it is not predetermined whether the next play is run or pass. As a defensive lineman you have to be on your feet to beat either run or pass. A fine tuned offense, a scary one, keeps the defense guessing until the last split second. They donīt telegraph plays.

In the olden days it went as far as the defensive linemen looking at nothing else than the offensive linemanīs hand in determining whether he will pass or run block (run block less blood in the hand, pass block rosier complexion due to more blood in the hand). Thatīs how competetive and looking for an edge it used to be.
    mooncamping is a new Cleveland Browns fan
    [IMG]http://blog.cleveland.com/sports/2008/08/medium_Rogers[/IMG]

[IMG]http://www.logoblog.org/images/denver-broncos-1960-logo.png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Broncosojia View Post
    Check this out

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/200...popular_i.html

Hmm, wonder what happened between the two of them.
    If i remember right, Cutler torched Rhodes and his fellow teamates on D so bad that it made them look like the Broncos D, thats enough to piss anybody off.

I refuse to Quote someone on this matter...

The ideal of your thread was that Cutler doesn't fit the system.....The only system we know of, is how it was run by Brady.

The only problem QB's run into is how to read a Defense or the West Coast System of dumping and quick reads. ( Randall C. sucked at both )

Jay has played QB his whole life and been very successful doing it, and I am sure it wasn't the same offense all the time.

Sorry but the only difference I see is that Brady can't move....Take away Brady's Leadership and base it on his throws and ability, I don't see Brady that much better then Cutler, if at all. You put both with the Lions and Cutler wins more games the Brady starts in.

Make no mistake about it...The Defense helps QB's a lot and Jay wouldn't know a Good Defense if it bit him in the ass in Denver

The END...If Jay can play in the NFL at a Pro Bowl level within 3 seasons, Who are we to doult he can run this...Waste of thread
    Last edited by theflammer; 03-27-2009 at 07:30 AM.
    We are the Organization that " EVERYONE " wants to be a part of

The offensive linemen must be positioned on the line of scrimmage. To line up behind the line of scrimmage puts them in the offensive backfield. This is also a rule violation.

The two point stance is illegal, because the offensive lineman has to show an intent to be offensive, to play offense.

Jay is a Big Guy, he has a rocket Arm, he can run the ball when needed, you have a talent like Cutler, you make him fit, i dont think there is any offense he cant run given time to learn it.

The point of this thread was to illustrate how you need to reduce yourself to merely reacting in the New England offense. There is no real intitiative. They donīt play against players, they play against play books and a calculated set of defensive plays. The existance of the players is irrelevant. The perogative is to move the ball into the endzone on offense, and to prevent this on defense. If they could accomplish this with a bunch of little leaguers they would do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Odomsfan View Post
    Anyone stopped to consider the effects of this possible trade of Jay Cutler to our defense. I'm speaking specifically in terms of time of possession. Our TOP wll drop dramatically and the defense will be on the field for an eternity and our senior veterans like Dawkins and Bailey will wear out by the mid season. The older guys we have are not built for this type of situation.
    I think McD had better think a bit more about the ramifications on his D if his O is going to sputter for two more years trying to find their niche.
    I dont know about the effects on the Defense, but im guessing the Punter will be very tired after each game.