View Poll Results: Who do you support?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jay Cutler

18 38.30%
  • Denver Broncos

29 61.70%
Page 1233 of 1461 FirstFirst ... 233 733 1133 1183 1223 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1243 1283 1333 ... LastLast
Results 18,481 to 18,495 of 21901
    Quote Originally Posted by Game View Post
    Stop that kind of talk. For the last time, quinn sucks period. I would rather have Simms my brother lead the team. The best option is trade the fool to DETROIT and get the #1 and #20 picks. Stafford will become the next Elway. BTW cry baby cutler Stafford has a stronger arm then you I have seen it in the workouts.
    I've seen him play and unless he's been taking a crap load of steroids since his season ended, he does not have a stronger arm than Cutler. He can make all of the throws, but he does not have a cannon like Cutler.
    Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by jhns View Post
    LOL at you putting Warner and Tom Brady on the list.......

You also didn't really prove anything here. I said that was a consistenly good team. You know, like New England, Indy, or the Steelers. None of the consistenlty good teams have bad QB's.

Defensive teams win for a year or two and then fall back to mediocrity.
    Tom Brady was a 6th round draft pick, and Kurt Warner played in the Arena League...

As for the Steelers, they have been to the playoffs in the last 15 years with Neil O'Donnell, Kordell Stewart, Tommy Maddux, and Roethlisberger. They have been consistently good over that time because they have always played good defense.

Quote Originally Posted by AC1 View Post
    It would have been easier for you to just root for the NE Patriots or even the Chiefs (you can root for Cassel there).

True Denver fans realize the extent of the debacle that is going on. The only people who think this team did not get weakened are McDaniels fans, not Denver fans.
    You're supposed to end pranks with April Fools.

Look just because we're glad this whole thing is over and Jay is gone doesn't mean that we're Cassel fans, nor does it mean we're not Broncos fans. It's clear that Cutler didn't want to play here, if he doesn't want to be a Bronco, then take care. Now if you want to root against McDaniels, that's your right. However, I believe you will be changing your tune come October.
    Eat Greedy!

We Eat With Both Hands, Elbows on the Table, Big Steaks!

Quote Originally Posted by Bradshaw3001 View Post
    Tom Brady was a 6th round draft pick, and Kurt Warner played in the Arena League...

As for the Steelers, they have been to the playoffs in the last 15 years with Neil O'Donnell, Kordell Stewart, Tommy Maddux, and Roethlisberger. They have been consistently good over that time because they have always played good defense.
    What exactly does this have to do with anything? They aren't good because they didn't get drafted first overall? And I'm supposed to take your arguments seriously?

They haven't been consistently good with the crappier QB's you mentioned. GO look at the records. They have been consistently good since they got Ben.

I also agree 100% with your post. My god look at the Miami Dolphins of last year. No one gave them a chance in hell of going to the playoffs and look what happened. Yes to be successfull you need guys who will check their egos at the door. I'm going to still root for the broncos regardless of what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by jhns View Post
    What exactly does this have to do with anything? They aren't good because they didn't get drafted first overall? And I'm supposed to take your arguments seriously?

They haven't been consistently good with the crappier QB's you mentioned. GO look at the records. They have been consistently good since they got Ben.
    They missed the playoffs in 06.

Or he was surprised that Bowlen has been behaving like he works for McDaniels and not the other way around. In light of what he's let happen in the past three months, Bowlen's whole "commitment to winning" refrain could also seem puzzling to a sensible person.
    i know. it feels like mcdaniels is the boss here - he wants jay out, now he will be out soon. like krieger said, bowlen has acted like an employee of mcdaniels.

and what is his business announcing they will trade jay?! isnt that xanders' job to do?! speaking of xanders, where is he in all of this?! he's suspiciously very quiet. all i hear is mcdaniels this, bowlen that, etc.

i thought bowlen was one of the best owners because he stayed away fr football. now he's just a more lucid version of al davis.

Thanks guys! (jhns & jhildebrand)

I want to believe that Cutler was surprised and that his intentions were to report soon, but right now that seems akin to me wanting to believe that Bowlen & McD didn't actually try to trade him. Either way it's a nightmarish scenario.

The more I read the more I KNOW that we're all on the same side (or in the same pit of despair ).

I know some have said that we might never know what really happened, but I think that someday, some reporter will be asking these guys (Cutler, Bowlen, & McD) the tough questions and they'll have to answer or risk their reputations. All of their reputations have suffered substantially already, but I wonder if they'll risk further damage. Inquiring minds want to know, and will continue to want to know; and any journalist worth their weight will feel/hear the fans' wishes and press each and every one of them on this issue some day.

I don't know how much I'm looking forward to that day. At that time it may only serve to rip the scab off a wound that has yet to fully heal. I wish that Jay could be our QB, but I'm also about ready to move on and never have reason to think of this crap again.

FWIW.... GO BRONCOS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Southstander View Post
    Since when does a Head Coach or General Manager, need to tell a player in the NFL that they are in trade talks for him?

Had Coach McDaniels told Cutler about the talks prior to the attempted Cassell deal, Jay would have reacted the exact same way. The message Cutler would have taken from the is the Coach McDaniels had no confidence in him, and he would have demanded a trade.

If it is true that Culter demand a trade after Shannahan was fired, why was he mad that the Broncos tried to trade him? Furthermore, even if that is not true, if the talks bothered him so much, and he wanted to play here, why is he demanding one now?

Who in the heck does Jay think he? What has he done in his football career that his voice should be heard on who the Head Coach, General Manager, and overall coaching staff?

If you ingored all attempts by your bosses, how long would you last in your job?

The bottomline here is that Jay Cutler is a spoiled pampered brat. He lacks the mental toughness to be the quaterback of the Denver Broncos. From his comment about his arm, his comments about the Charges and Rivers, and how he has acted during this entire ordeal. Had he acted like a man, and a leader this all would have gone away. If he truly wanted Coach Shannahan, and Coach Bates to stay in Denver he would not have kept on making stupid mistakes on the field. His drive ending INTs killed us.

Please don't take this as I am saying Coach McDaniels is blamesless. He should have came out right away after the story broke and said "We tried to trade him, and we failed."
    when! i'll tell you when. when your a 1st time coach going to a storied frasnchise. when the team your going to has a franchise player and hes the one your considering trading. when you want the team to believe in you and the program you want to install. when clearly the other capitains and vets are clearly behind that player. when that player is a capitain. when you want to set the right tone coming into a new situation, i could go on but i wont. what a stupid post. WHEN? clearly your 12000 posts didnt install loyalty to players who have put themselves on the line for you. compared to some 1st time coach who has no ties to the broncos. being a bronco fan used to mean being loyal to the team, not selling ourselves out in hopes of winning. shame on the broncos and the bronco fans for for not rallying behind jay and instead sturring the pot. sad day in bronco country.

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
    Great point. Let's not forget that Cutler flourished in a system that made Brian Griese and Jake Plummer Pro Bowlers.
    I'd say that Brian and Jake's successes had more to do with their running games and much better defenses than it had to do with a system. Both guys were severely limited in the game plan available to them because Mike had to dumb down the offense for each guy, one because of lack of talent (Griese) and the other because of his lack of Football IQ (Plummer). Mike expanded the offense considerably under Cutler and I would say Cutler performed better on a consistent basis than either Griese or Plummer. Just because the W's weren't there doesn't mean Cutler is the reason. We had one of the worst defenses in NFL history, a consistently bad special teams, and we ranked second in the league in drops this season. Just as I can't say that Cutler has no blame, it's impossible to argue that Cutler is the reason either.
    Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

No one is untradeable. You asked "What do I care if he is a baby?", you should my friend. It is a part of his mental make up. If he cannnot shake off a fail trade, then he is not strong enough to be a great Quaterback.
    If he is a "baby" and has still led us to a 12-1 record when the defense has actually shown up to play, I would rather keep the "baby" on the team and ask McDaniels to fix the ******* defense.

Despite being a "baby", Cutler has emerged as the best young QB in the game. If he can continue to play at that level, we will win and win big. I'd rather have him than the most mature guy who can't hit water while standing on a boat.
    Hoping for a defensive-minded head coach and a return to the ZBS on offense. At the very least, no more cheaters for head coach.

Is The "Lack of Communication" a Pretext? Do The Broncos Have Their Eyes On Sanchez?

This is the take of NFL Football Post:

My sense of all this is that it has nothing to do with Cutler returning calls or being belligerent, but rather the Broncos seeing a new player they’ve fallen in love with, i.e., [U.S.C. QB Mark] Sanchez. This is just an educated guess on my part, but something usually happens to change a team’s position, and it normally happens when you find a solution to the problem. The Broncos have their eyes on someone, and I’m guessing it’s Sanchez since he has all the qualities McDaniels values in a quarterback. The talk will be about Cutler, but my focus will be on who will play quarterback for the Broncos.
    Is Pat really that "fed up" because Cutler won't return his calls? Is he really that un-savvy that he would highlight his disagreement with Cutler publicly?

Why wouldn't he just tell Xanders to get on the phone to other teams and let them know privately that Cutler could be had for the right offer? Why undermine his asking price unless he has something in mind?

There is always an historical perspective to these trades, and that’s the basis of what teams will ask when trading a player. However, this is a unique situation and it has two parts: First, what will the Broncos receive? And second, how can they be in position to fortify their quarterback position? It’s like a pool player who knows he’s going to make one shot but needs the cue ball in the right spot to make his next shot. For example, let’s assume they want Mark Sanchez. They have to receive a draft pick that will assure them they can get Sanchez to maximize the value of the trade. The key for anyone knowing where Cutler might be headed is knowing where the Broncos are headed with their quarterback position. Both moves go hand in hand. The answer lies in the kind of player Josh McDaniels wants playing quarterback in his offense.

My own take on this is that this is speculation that is just wrong. Bowlen is mad enough to shoot himself in the foot. It's beyond stupid, but Jay has "dissed him!" And that's so unforgivable apparently that he'd undermine his chances of getting decent value for Cutler by publicly attacking him in the media and burning all bridges!

Nothing else makes sense.

Assume you're Pat Bowlen, and that you've decided "I've had it with Cutler!"

What do you do? Do you get into a publicity war with Cutler in order to convince people that you're right? Or do you quietly begin to have Xanders negotiate a deal, all the while telling people that if they don't meet your asking price you're going to keep Cutler. And the asking price is two 1st round draft picks. Minimum. Or a first this year, and a first and a third next year.

Doesn't the latter position make more sense? No matter what Bowlen & Co. might privately decide to do with Cutler, why would they publicize their dispute with him?

Now everybody knows the Broncos MUST deal, so the price goes down. What will they do after all if nobody is willing to offer them 2 1st round picks, perhaps this year and next year (which is the MINIMUM Cutler is worth)?

After all the Giants gave up 2 first round picks and a third round pick for Eli Manning, and he was an unproven rookie QB who even then had a much bigger contract that Cutler does now.

Before blowing up in public, they could at least threaten to hold onto Cutler and make other teams fear that some team in their division might get Cutler eventually!

Suppose you're the Lions and you learn that the Vikings will be offering their #1 pick in 2010, 2011 and a 2nd round pick in 2011 or something. Do you then make a deal? Because if the Vikings get Cutler, your Lions team can forget about the division title probably for years! Whereas if YOU get him, the Lions (by drafting a LT with their other #1 pick) might well be able to immediately compete.

So, what's it worth to you to keep them from getting him?

But, all this is undermined if you LET teams know you're now desperate to take a deal, any deal as long as Cutler is gone by draft day!

The stupidity of this makes me think that there's NO THINKING HERE! It's not because they fell in love with Mark Sanchez or something. It's just Bowlen's and McDaniels' ego that got in the way and decided things.
    http://www.fbpages.me/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/159174168050152087_zRr4orMC_c.jpg

Since when does a Head Coach or General Manager, need to tell a player in the NFL that they are in trade talks for him?

Had Coach McDaniels told Cutler about the talks prior to the attempted Cassell deal, Jay would have reacted the exact same way. The message Cutler would have taken from the is the Coach McDaniels had no confidence in him, and he would have demanded a trade.

If it is true that Culter demand a trade after Shannahan was fired, why was he mad that the Broncos tried to trade him? Furthermore, even if that is not true, if the talks bothered him so much, and he wanted to play here, why is he demanding one now?

Who in the heck does Jay think he? What has he done in his football career that his voice should be heard on who the Head Coach, General Manager, and overall coaching staff?

If you ingored all attempts by your bosses, how long would you last in your job?

The bottomline here is that Jay Cutler is a spoiled pampered brat. He lacks the mental toughness to be the quaterback of the Denver Broncos. From his comment about his arm, his comments about the Charges and Rivers, and how he has acted during this entire ordeal. Had he acted like a man, and a leader this all would have gone away. If he truly wanted Coach Shannahan, and Coach Bates to stay in Denver he would not have kept on making stupid mistakes on the field. His drive ending INTs killed us.

Please don't take this as I am saying Coach McDaniels is blamesless. He should have came out right away after the story broke and said "We tried to trade him, and we failed."
    this guy gets it

who the hell does jay think he is?

well we all know he thinks he is elway #2

because people wanted to believe in him so much, they defended him without him really doing anything

the sad thing is, if denver succeeds now which i expect them to if they draft a qb with a brain, cutler acolytes will just cry that "jay would have made us even better than " " did"

and if denver fails, all the little cutler acolytes will say "it's cause we traded jayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy"

gonna be a bunch of whining little retards either way, i feel bad for the good denver fans who stick with the team concept

rather than these fake fans who only follow the player, be it because they followed him from college or just got brainwashed once he got on their 'team'

preach on South

Because I have not heard them say that. Can you provied a link?
    I am not aware of any specific statements made by the FO, but Cutler himself denied that he ever asked for a trade. No one in the FO has indicated that Cutler was lying when he said this, so I'd say it's the truth.

Meeting with Josh McDaniels, GM Backfires, Jay Cutler asks Denver Broncos for trade, ESPN

Cutler denied recent reports that he had asked to be traded when the Broncos fired offensive coordinator Jeremy Bates.

"Yes, I was upset when they let Jeremy go because Mr. Bowlen had assured me when Mike [Shanahan] was fired that the offense wouldn't change because it was the second-ranked offense in football," Cutler said. "But I didn't push for a trade then."

If he is a "baby" and has still led us to a 12-1 record when the defense has actually shown up to play, I would rather keep the "baby" on the team and ask McDaniels to fix the ******* defense.

Despite being a "baby", Cutler has emerged as the best young QB in the game. If he can continue to play at that level, we will win and win big. I'd rather have him than the most mature guy who can't hit water while standing on a boat.
    a good qb would have been able to keep the games closer, rather than getting blown out all the time

you can't really defend a qb who can't even get into the top 15 in offensive scoring by blaming it all on the D