View Poll Results: Who do you support?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jay Cutler

18 38.30%
  • Denver Broncos

29 61.70%
Page 232 of 1461 FirstFirst ... 132 182 222 230 231 232 233 234 242 282 332 732 1232 ... LastLast
Results 3,466 to 3,480 of 21901
    Feeding ducks with Mike Shanahan at Webster Lake.

Quote Originally Posted by SlyBronco View Post
    Yea, teams just sat back and waited for the pass since their was no running game. But yet its ALL Cutlers fault.
    To be honest, I was a little surprised by the records of teams that had defenses as bad as ours. Cutler was truly the difference between us being a 3 or 4 win team and being a .500 team. Imagine if we could have even a respectable defense. Imagine if we hired Rex Ryan instead of McDaniels.

Quote Originally Posted by Southstander View Post
    If this is the case why is he mad about the possiable trade? It is starting to look like Cutler is not the right fit for Denver. He got mad about Coach Shannahan and Coach Bates leaving. Now he is upset that the Broncos tried to accomidate his demand to be traded.
    Because now he has a legitimate reason to make it public that he doesn't want to be a Denver Bronco.

maybe it's just frustration? we all have our moments when we get mad we say stupid things than time passes and we really didn't meant what we said at that moment.
    Please insert a sig here.

laziness isn't healthy :go:

Quote Originally Posted by Southstander View Post
    If Coach McDaniels is a liar as B4Bronco6 says he is. What does that make Jay, if what Jay Marriotti said on Around the Horn is true. According to Marriotti, Cutler demanded a trade when Coach Jeremy Bates went to USC?

If this is the case why is he mad about the possiable trade? It is starting to look like Cutler is not the right fit for Denver. He got mad about Coach Shannahan and Coach Bates leaving. Now he is upset that the Broncos tried to accomidate his demand to be traded.

Cutler needs to grow the heck up, and keep his pie hole shut.
    I just watched that too and although I like Marrioti, what he said wasn't true. There is no record anywhere of Cutler saying he wants or demands to be traded...

I wont lie cutler does not get out easy with me

things cutler should of done

1. called mcD right away
    2. not sound like a cry baby while talking
    3. not put is name with Manning and Brady
    4. called in yesterday and say he can not come
    5. go the easy route and say "it's a business"

Trade Jay Cutler to the organization that can get us Sam Bradford, the next great QB in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by Broncofan1990 View Post
    I wont lie cutler does not get out easy with me

things cutler should of done

1. called mcD right away
    2. not sound like a cry baby while talking
    3. not put is name with Manning and Brady
    4. called in yesterday and say he can not come
    5. go the easy route and say "it's a business"
    He didn't put his name with Brady, and the Manning he put his name with was Eli.

Anderson county Tennessee (near Knoxville)
    My first thought revolved around sleep deprivation or perhaps drugs of some nature slipped into my food or drink. Then when I found out (and am still finding out) what actually happened? I can see both sides of why people feel the way they do.

While I can appreciate the peoples feelings that Jay is overreacting to the situation, and that he handled it badly by talking with the media before talking with the front office? I can also understand that given the same situation in their own jobs? Most people would immediately be infuriated and perhaps say things they shouldn't.

Since I don't live in Denver all I can base my opinion on is what I read here or on other websites. If the "facts" that have been represented are accurate?

1) McDaniels states in the media on more than one occasion that he is looking forwards to developing his relationship and moving forwards with Jay's exceptional talent at the QB position

2) At the very least McDaniels, Xanders, Bowlen, or someone in the front office had phone conversations with two other NFL teams about the possibility of trading Cutler in a deal involving Cassell.

3) Cutler found out about this phone call(s) second hand and not from anyone in the front office themselves.

4) The first mention of the front office even contacting Jay wasn't until at least two days "after" the news broke, and the denial of any trade possibilities even being considered took just as long to be made.

If these "facts" are all accurate? Then who wouldn't be upset and perhaps saying things they shouldn't if it happened to them? Leave aside that these players make excessive amounts of money compared to most of us. That really doesn't come into the picture at all. If you woke up one morning to find messages on your answering machine, or were awakened by friends calling to tell you that they were hearing your boss was making moves to get rid of you? That certainly is going to effect your confidence level in your boss. If your boss had just finished telling you what a wonderful job you do and how valuable you are to the organization, and then you find out he is trying to get rid of you behind your back? There are words that are commonly used to describe people like that. Two-faced, Liars, double-dealers, etc.

I am "not" defending Jay's maturity level, and I agree with many posters on here that he indeed does have some growing up to do. If the things we are hearing are accurate however? If Jay was shopped (considering not one, but two teams made phonecalls)? Then it certainly has to look like McDaniels or someone in the front office really made a large error in how this situation was handled.

I do realize that the NFL is a business just as any other. I expect the management to do whats in the best interests of the club to improve the overall team in its ability to win games. While many of us are fans of this particular player or that particular player I think we would all agree that we want to see our team win games even if our favorite player is no longer in Blue and Orange. If Cutler does wind up being traded in the aftermath of this situation it won't stop me from continuing to be a Broncos fan. How the situation was handled in the beginning though doesn't increase my confidence level in our new coaches ability to handle players and their unique personalities. It also doesn't make me particularly confident in his ability to assess talent. I realize I am biased by my liking for Cutlers style of play. I have always preferred the mobile, gunslinger at that position over the pure pocket passer (hence my reason for being a Bronco fan to begin with, John Elway). Even trying to be objective though I can't see Cassell being even close to Cutlers equal, and the "reported" draft picks didn't make up the difference imo.

All this leads me to say that since the initial shock has worn off, and I no longer believe my mental capabilities to be impaired as I originally thought to be the case?
    I personally feel disgust, embarrassment, irritation, and a degree of pessimism about the new regime. This was not the case before all this started. While I was a Shanahan fan? I had accepted that Bowlen felt a need to go in a different direction, and I had some hopes that perhaps a fresh face with new ideas and new ways of motivating the players could be beneficial to my team.

I only hope that this issue can be resolved soon, but unless someone in the front office is willing to step forwards and say, yeap....we didnt handle that very well, so here is what we are gonna do Jay.....I have an uneasy feeling that we may be once again searching for a franchise QB that we can see a future with.

I really hope this isn't true...

McD did kind of screw Jay by dumping Bates...

But does that entitle Jay to demand a trade? No.

I refuse to believe this...*repeats to self in head* Jay Cutler will be a Bronco..Jay Cutler will be a Bronco..Jay Cutler will be a Bronco..Jay Cutler will be a Bronco..

I hope...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

:orton: ITS TIME FOR THE ORTONATER!

I did not mention in my first post that the trade demand was weeks ago.
    Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!

LOL

"He's not going anywhere tool, don't listen to the media"

and I would like to add....100 POST RULE!!!

Mcd could've kept Bates as QB coach better than his brother
    Please insert a sig here.

laziness isn't healthy :go:

Pure speculation...but what if it was Cutler and Cook who sent feelers out?

Think about it.

The Broncos fire Shanahan and Jeremy Bates, and Jay is obviously upset. If you believe Peter King, he asked for (and would have been denied) a trade to another team. Fast forward a few weeks, and this whole business of the Broncos trading Jay in a three-way trade to bring in Matt Cassel. The Broncos deny anything serious took place, assuring everyone that they just answered a couple of phone calls. Jay and his agent, Bus Cook, on the other hand claim that they know they were actively trying to trade and shop Jay around.

Could it be that Cutler and Cook were the ones that sent feelers out to the rest of the league to try and push the Broncos in a situation in which they'd have to trade Cutler, while all the while making Cutler look like the victim in all of this, being lied to by the Broncos front office and his new head coach?

Interesting theory if you ask me..
    Last edited by mojo0730; 03-02-2009 at 04:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
    Trade Jay Cutler to the organization that can get us Sam Bradford, the next great QB in the NFL.
    You've convinced me of this sir. If Cutler must go Bradford is the guy.