View Poll Results: Who do you support?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jay Cutler

18 38.30%
  • Denver Broncos

29 61.70%
Page 283 of 1461 FirstFirst ... 183 233 273 281 282 283 284 285 293 333 383 783 1283 ... LastLast
Results 4,231 to 4,245 of 21901
    We can go on all day and have the Past three days already. There is No Qb with as much upside as Cutler...NONE, NONE
    Making the ProBowl at QB in the NFC is like making the Playoffs in the East in the NBA but doing it in the AFC is really tough and Jay did it.

Jay is Hot Headed and Hasn't earn his skins in the NFL but after fighting the SEC with Vandy, He has with me. Just wait and We will all be happy.

Stop please don't use Orton, He can't keep his Starting Job with the Bears and you want him to start 16 weeks for us.
    We are the Organization that " EVERYONE " wants to be a part of

That Caleb Hanie guy looks like a player, is he a Matt Damon clone...the Bourne identity? But hes a non factor so far.
    And Kyle Orton, super slinky. In the sand lot, sure. But as numero uno. Nope.
    And #18, no siree. 12 and 18 wont get you Jay Cutler. Swing a deal for top five and a late first round, like Detroit has to offer. And even that should be merely now were talking.
    mooncamping is a new Cleveland Browns fan
    [IMG]http://blog.cleveland.com/sports/2008/08/medium_Rogers[/IMG]

[IMG]http://www.logoblog.org/images/denver-broncos-1960-logo.png[/IMG]

Cugel, great post. I have written a lot about this foolish move. Some have said in this thread that they root for the Denver Broncos not Jay Cutler. The implication being Jay Cutler is not the team. Bull. During the course of a team's existence certain players rise to prominence to become the foundation of the team at a particular time. You don't talk about trading Ray Lewis when he was coming into his own leading up to the SB yr. You don't talk about trading Peyton; you don't talk about trading Ben from Pittsburgh. Some players by what they do become the foundation of your team especially for the future. You have to recognize solid players and make them a part of your franchise because you can see their play on the field and potential play for the future. Trading Jay from Denver is like trading Ryan Clady from Denver. Even after one year, what sense would be to trade away a stellar left tackle. Irrespective of familiarity you have to keep foundations in place. Jay, Clady are foundations for Denver.

Quote Originally Posted by owninit View Post
    cesar got stabbed in the back. J is a player, referenced in a possible trade, and went off the handle and won't talk to his boss, or the paycheck supplier. If Jay had a "no Trade" clause, then he would be stabbed in the back, if we were in spring ball, and J was studing the new play book, the he would be stabbed in the back.

He is a piece of the puzzle, not the box it comes in.

Ask yourself of all of these players (and the list could go on forever), who acted like J is acting, and yes they all probably felt a little betrayal, but were good players, have done everything for their team, and were traded or lost in FA.

Jared Allen
    Brian Dawkins
    Drew Brees
    Joe Montana
    Brian Greise
    Jake plummer
    Jeff Garcia
    Shannon Sharpe
    Drew Blesoe
    Trent Dilfer
    Etc

Non of them threw tantrums
    How many of these people were told to their face and in the media how excited the coaching staff was with regards to working with them... how important they are to the organization, meanwhile that same organization is considering how best to replace him.
    The clever man delivers reasonable, rational, and sometimes irrefutable arguments. The wise man understands the futility of reasonable, rational, and irrefutable arguments. I'm neither wise, nor, I suspect, very clever.

Quote Originally Posted by SlyBronco View Post
    With out a running game or a defense, How many of those games would we have won without a QB... Exactly, Cutler MADE those wins happen.

You say he was the only reason we lost, No because we had no one to hand the ball off to, because if he didn't try to force that throw, we didn't have a chance at winning.
    Nice excuse. Don't blame the running game because everytime anyone in the backfield not named andre hall touched the ball we were averaging 5.0 ypc. Typical excuse though. You can only blame the defense, and even then the defense doesn't force him to throw retarded bone head INTs every game. Most of them weren't even close like couldve been a TD or INT, it was just plain simple bad read and throws.

Also some can argue and if you actually watch the games, that he put the defense in even MORE of a hole than they shouldve been. How would you like to be the defense when your qb throws ints inside your own 50 anyways? It goes both ways, but go ahead keep idolizing Cutler. Sure he can be great, just don't make him into this god of the broncos when he obviously is not.

After reading this link from another post ->http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...7412783.column, im starting to feel a little betrayed. I dont understand why he has to act like a baby and go out and do this crap.
    Um...I'm confused. What crap are you talking about? The article quotes him - in 2006 - before he got drafted - saying that he'd like to play for the Bears.

Did I miss something??? Why would a 3-year-old quote make you feel betrayed????

One of the things that confuses me in all of this is how can he just refuse to meet with the FO? Are they not ultimately his bosses? Imagine if you refused to meet with your boss.

Yes I realize it's the off-season but they are the ones that run the team not Jay and given the circumstances
    he's got an opportunity to show that he can be the bigger person in all of this.

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanBronc View Post
    There's a poll here on the forums concerning a Cutler vs. McDaniels firing (who would you choose). It's 5:1 in favor of cutting McDaniels and not Cutler. I'd say Cutler is well-liked and respected here.

Well last i checked Cutler, McDaniels, and Bolwen don't post here or vote, so i would say that just because fans like the player doesn't mean it's in the best interest of the TEAM. I bet 1/2 the broncos want to personally kick cutler in the balls for bailing on them and thinking he is bigger than the team, and the onther 1/2, were tied to shannahan and bates and side with cutler on that base rather than his stance.

Philly fans want dawkins back It ain't happening. Titans fans want Haynesworth back but it ain't happening. The season ticket list is 20,000 deep so if you have them and don't like it sell your tickets, someone else will buy them and the machine will still run, with or without cutler.

Well, I keep thinking the radio silence means they might still be shopping him around. I have a suspicion that if they wanted Cassell that it would have went down. Then, Jay got sore, and the media blew it up. Now, we have a stand off with the QB and head coach. This is not good. So I believe that McD will skip interviews about it because he does not want to come out and say publicly "We weren't interested Saturday, but after watching Jay throw a hissy fit I am actively seeking the best deal for him". This way everything stays in house and out of the papers.

Who makes a first and last post in the same day? Anyways, this has some whiny ass troll who already HAS an account all over it. Dallas goes through this every year with someone or something and they pack seats...if this is all it takes for you to leave, I hear the Bolts are always in need of some 2006 and up fans

Quote Originally Posted by SlyBronco View Post
    Jay got upset, So what. McD is the one who almost ruined the team.
    Please, you actually support Cutlers baby attitude. No one here denies that McD shouldve been straight forward about the whole thing, but that doesn't mean Cutler can basically turn a shoulder to anything they say. Remember, the guys who pay him all this money? It's not a time to be selfish when you get paid millions of $$ to play a GAME.

Quote Originally Posted by cdnbroncosfan View Post
    One of the things that confuses me in all of this is how can he just refuse to meet with the FO? Are they not ultimately his bosses? Imagine if you refused to meet with your boss.

Yes I realize it's the off-season but they are the ones that run the team not Jay and given the circumstances
    he's got an opportunity to show that he can be the bigger person in all of this.
    The NFL is not structured like a regular office or business.

Technically speaking, Bowlen and McDaniels may be Jay's boss but in a situation in which they need Jay more than Jay needs them, they're not going to press him hard to show up when he's not required to.

Quote Originally Posted by owninit View Post
    Jared Allen
    Brian Dawkins
    Drew Brees
    Joe Montana
    Brian Greise
    Jake plummer
    Jeff Garcia
    Shannon Sharpe
    Drew Blesoe
    Trent Dilfer
    Etc

Non of them threw tantrums
    Just so you know, a lot of them threw big tantrums. Plummer still takes shots at Shanny whenever he can. Some of them are old and left because they wanted to or wanted more of a paycheck than their team was offering. Those don't really count.

Some of you say he needs to act like Payton or Brady. I have heard those players throw teammates and defenses under the bus before. Both throw fits on the field when they are doing bad. I guarantee they would be extremely angry if they where brought up in trade talks. I think people just need to realize these players are still people. I would be angry if the Broncos wanted to trade me.
    Last edited by jhns; 03-03-2009 at 09:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mooncamping View Post
    What makes you think this isnt all calculated behaviour.
    Cutler now seems tradable. And coach McDaniels, and lets not forget GM Xanders being involved, demonstrating theres no holy cow in Denver.
    If he plays his cards right, coach McDaniels can demonstrate he has some broad shoulders, does not wilt under pressure, and is scandal proof.
    Scandal proof?

McDaniels set this wildfire. Everytime someone has tried to give him an opportunity to set it straight, he just lies some more.

Xanders is the goat, and everyone sees it now.

What the HELL was Bowlen thinking letting this happen? I'm wondering if he is turing senile.

Hooray, beer!

Cutler is the only one who is saying he was slapped in the face and the media only aggravated the situation. Unless a trade is completed, most of the time it is never even heard of. Who leaked the information? Maybe KC to cause unrest in Denver? Oh wait, it worked.

Again, I ask, were you there, and how do you know what exactly went on? You don't and I don't know. Yes I would get the problem settled, regardless of the outcome.
    Broncos, John Elway, nvjeanie. Established in 1960