View Poll Results: Who do you support?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jay Cutler

18 38.30%
  • Denver Broncos

29 61.70%
Page 285 of 1461 FirstFirst ... 185 235 275 283 284 285 286 287 295 335 385 785 1285 ... LastLast
Results 4,261 to 4,275 of 21901
    Quote Originally Posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
    But its not in his contract to come to Denver right now. I had this discussion with Jim Armstrong yesterday. Jay Cutler is basically on vacation right now, and he isn't required to report.

Plus, as it was previously stated, Jay has already basically said that he thinks the organization is lying. The Broncos as an organization have already stated the whole 'thats my story and I'm stickin to it!'. What good does it do for him to come in?
    Whether its in his contract or not doesnt matter. When you take 48 million dollars of somebodys money and they ask for a day of your time to talk its prolly the least you can do.

When this was first reported I was sick to my stomache with knots. I think Jay is a great talent at qb and was very dissappointed the front office would even field phone calls about his availibility as was 1st reported. Then when word broke that we basicily wanted to move him for Cassell I was uterly in shock and quite frankly pissed at our decision to Hire Mcdaniels even though he was my only choice to be H.C.

So here we are 3 days later and Jay wont talk to anybody in the front office but he has no problem giving everybody and their brother an Interview to let them know he feels betrayed and rightfully so, Feels Lied to and rightfully so, was in shock and rightfully so.

However the first step to recovery is going to be talking about it face to face. You can not just shut down and pout. Thats what little Kids do when something doesnt go their way. The longer this goes on the more I move away from being behind Jay 100 % percent to thinking maybe he is immature, maybe I am blinded by him with the Orange & Blue glasses and he is what Charger Fans think he is and thats a whiney Baby.

I dont want to believe any of that but the longer he lets this go on the easier and easier it becomes. The longer he sulks the easier it is for the news media to keep the story going and the national spotlight on Dove Valley and not in a good way.

Three days is enough of a cooling off period for him. He needs to have enough respect for the man that signs his checks every week even if he cant have that respect for the coach right now, that he comes in sits down with the braintrust and either find out if they can move forward together having a press conference to put this to bed. Or the mistrust is too great and not repairable so the organization can move forward in doing what they can do.

If Jay Cutler cannot have enough respect for Pat Bowlen to give him 1 day of his life at this point thean maybe it is already beyond repair

Thanks to dbfan2007 for sig

Quote Originally Posted by mojo0730 View Post
    There are too many sources confirming that the Broncos attempted to trade away Cutler for that to simply be ignored right now. And Cutler has stated that he knows the truth in the situation, which is why he doesn't come to Denver.

So until Denver does speak - and speaks without lying and contradicting what we know - we can only go off the facts, and right now, the facts are that Denver was in the wrong here.
    Don't exaggerate the facts. There was ONE proposed trade. ONE.

It fell through, and Cutler got his panties in a bunch.

The ONLY trade on the table was for Cassel, everything else is rumor, and people like Adam Schefter, who has more access to inside information with the Broncos than anyone has said repeatedly.

Quote Originally Posted by jhns View Post
    I know I am behind in the thread, but this is just way off. Cassel has had more preperation in NE than Cutler has had here. Seriously?
    Seriously.

Brady was the starting QB, and anyone who knows the NFL knows that backup QB's get a fraction of the reps needed in practice...and I don't know how much clipboard holding prepares you to play in actual games.

Pretty simple, really.

Quote Originally Posted by MindField View Post
    What you are doing is basically excusing Jay Cutler from any responsibility in this situation, which, with all due respect, is absolutely ridiculous.

Let's have a look at the timeline of what transpired, and see if it becomes more clear.

a) Immediatley after Mike Shanahan was fired, Jay Cutler expressed shock, disbelief and disappointment. He insinuated that he should have been consulted before the action took place, and was not happy that he was not.

b) After that, Cutler stayed largely silent until McDaniles was hired as the Head Coach. Cutler made some cursory statements saying he was 'on board' with the hiring, but it was not an enthusiastic endorsement, but rather more along the lines of 'what's done is done; guess I'll have to live with it,' in his typically glum tone. This struck me as exactly the same tone that Brian Griese took when Shanahan was rumored to be leaving the Broncos for the Florida job, and was widely criticized for it.

c) Cutler's discontent was further evident when the Broncos eventually released Jeremy Bates. Cutler made no attempt to hide his dis-satisfaction with that decision.

d) During all of this time, Cutler has been largely absent from Denver. He has spent his time split between Nashville and Atlanta. He made no real attempt to come in and work with McDaniels on the new system. He showed zero interest or enthusiasm in bridging the learning curve, or even forging a new relationship with McDaniles as the Head Coach. Yes, he is technically 'on vacation' as you say, but to me, it is very poor judgement on Cutler's part, and shows that he is not the leader he needs to be, that he does not recognize that he holds the key to the holdover players buying in to what the new Coach is selling. John Elway would not have done that, Peyton Manning would not have done that, Tom Brady or any other great QB I can think of.

Personally, I think the Bates thing was a huge irritation for Josh McDaniels, and a main point where the disconnect between he and Cutler began. I think McDaniels came to the concusion that Cutler was going to be difficult, and that while Matt Cassel may not be as talented, he has already proven he can win games in the NFL with him at QB, something Cutler has yet to prove, by the way.

Now, the one thing McDaniels IS guilty of is spinning the truth about how it transpired. I wish he would just come out and say what he thinks, which I am guessing is along the lines of:

'Over the past several weeks, I have tried in vain to forge an open working relationship with Jay Cutler. I have found him to be uninterested in the new plans of the Denver Broncos, and in general has not shown any enthusiasm for our new direction, or any desire to be a primary part of those changes.
    Jay Cutler, as the QB of the Denver Broncos, was expected to show leadership, and provide the direction needed to the new players on our football team, but he has shown repeatedly that he has no intention of doing that.
    After much thought and deliberation, when the opportunity arose to aquire Matt Cassel, we made an attempt to do so as he is a QB that at least I can count on to buy into the new system, and be an advocate of it's past success. In failing to consumate the trade, once again, Jay Cutler has an opportunity to show that he is interested in leading this football team, but so far has chosen to stay absent, and now has indicated he does not want to speak with us, or continue his career with the Denver Broncos.'

I wish Josh would just drop the hammer sqaurely on Jay Cutler, where it belongs.
    Well much of this is opinion and conjecture. I can tell you that there is a blog from Cutler during the Pro Bowl in which he stated that, although he was dissatisfied with the firing of Shanahan (which MANY players publicly stated) and Bates, after meeting with McDaniels he was enthusiastic about the potential of the offense and the games they would win.

And in the end, we were going to trade away Jay Cutler for Matt Cassel. Regardless of Cutler's immaturity and ego, there's no way you can convince me that's a worth-while trade. And regardless of Jay's reaction, it's McDaniels and Xanders - not Cutler - who lied about it.

Seriously.

Brady was the starting QB, and anyone who knows the NFL knows that backup QB's get a fraction of the reps needed in practice.

Pretty simple, really.
    And Cutler wasn't a starter most of his first year and Cassel has been in the league a full year more. I'm sure he isn't cut out of practice that much.

Also, are you admitting that Shanny put the same talent around Cutler as the Patriots had? It was just Cutler and Shannahan that lost us those games and if we had Cassel we go somewhere?

Don't exaggerate the facts. There was ONE proposed trade. ONE.

It fell through, and Cutler got his panties in a bunch.

The ONLY trade on the table was for Cassel, everything else is rumor, and people like Adam Schefter, who has more access to inside information with the Broncos than anyone has said repeatedly.
    There were TWO trade offers - one from Tampa, and one from Detroit. That has been confirmed.

And Adam Schefter conceded as of yesterday that the Broncos did more than just answer a phone call as they originally claimed.

Well much of this is opinion and conjecture. I can tell you that there is a blog from Cutler during the Pro Bowl in which he stated that, although he was dissatisfied with the firing of Shanahan (which MANY players publicly stated) and Bates, after meeting with McDaniels he was enthusiastic about the potential of the offense and the games they would win.

And in the end, we were going to trade away Jay Cutler for Matt Cassel. Regardless of Cutler's immaturity and ego, there's no way you can convince me that's a worth-while trade. And regardless of Jay's reaction, it's McDaniels and Xanders - not Cutler - who lied about it.
    I consider Cutler's indifference to the new coach and new system to be worse, and justifyable reason to trade him.
    Last edited by MindField; 03-03-2009 at 10:00 AM.

There were TWO trade offers - one from Tampa, and one from Detroit. That has been confirmed.

And Adam Schefter conceded as of yesterday that the Broncos did more than just answer a phone call as they originally claimed.
    The Broncos cannot control the offers made by other teams.

I think it is pretty clear this was only going to happen for Cassel.

To me, this would have been similar to when Holmgren traded for Hasselbach. A player familiar with his system, and one that had fairly good success in Seattle.

For me, I think the comparison of Cutler to Jeff George is becoming more and more applicable by the day.

Talented, yes, but a self-absorbed Diva of a QB.

Ultimately, you don't win with those types anyway.
    Last edited by MindField; 03-03-2009 at 10:14 AM.

The Broncos cannot control the offers made by other teams.

I think it is pretty clear this was only going to happen for Cassel.

To me, this would have been similar to when Holmgren traded for Hasselbach. A player familiar with his system, and one that had fairly good success in Seattle.

For me, I think the comparison of Cutler to Jeff George is becoming more and more applicable by the day.

Talented, yes, but a self-absorbed Diva of a QB.

Ultimatley, you don't win with those types anyway.
    Detroit was essentially going to offer the same deal to Denver which would have brought Cassel here.

Bottom line, there were two offers from two teams to ship out Cutler and bring in Cassel.

And with all due respect, it wasn't that long ago (just a couple of months even) in which you were emphatically telling people Cutler WASN'T the problem, and going as far as to call them morons for thinking such a thing.

Also, there was a time in which many thought Elway was a diva for exhibiting very similar behavior. The only difference is that Cutler is less media savvy than Elway was.

If you own or drive a car you can all relate to this cutler issue

Most if not all of us here own or at least drive a car. Now all you trade supporters or at least those that are ok with the idea. If you have a nice looking car that's everything you need and want, but find that it's not running up to it's full potential yet; do you go and swap out the whole motor because it has a little lag? Of course not only a moron would. Someone with common sense would do a an oil change, or a tune and they will find that's all the car needed to run smooth. Are you really stupid enough to swap out the entire motor and 1. risk replacing it with a motor that's crap, but sure did look nice outside the car? 2. go through all the trouble and chances in replacing a motor and keep your fingers crossed that the car will turn on when the swap is complete?? or do you simply do a damn tune-up and realize all that extra crap was not needed?

What you are doing is basically excusing Jay Cutler from any responsibility in this situation, which, with all due respect, is absolutely ridiculous.

Let's have a look at the timeline of what transpired, and see if it becomes more clear.

a) Immediatley after Mike Shanahan was fired, Jay Cutler expressed shock, disbelief and disappointment. He insinuated that he should have been consulted before the action took place, and was not happy that he was not.

b) After that, Cutler stayed largely silent until McDaniles was hired as the Head Coach. Cutler made some cursory statements saying he was 'on board' with the hiring, but it was not an enthusiastic endorsement, but rather more along the lines of 'what's done is done; guess I'll have to live with it,' in his typically glum tone. This struck me as exactly the same tone that Brian Griese took when Shanahan was rumored to be leaving the Broncos for the Florida job, and was widely criticized for it.

c) Cutler's discontent was further evident when the Broncos eventually released Jeremy Bates. Cutler made no attempt to hide his dis-satisfaction with that decision.

d) During all of this time, Cutler has been largely absent from Denver. He has spent his time split between Nashville and Atlanta. He made no real attempt to come in and work with McDaniels on the new system. He showed zero interest or enthusiasm in bridging the learning curve, or even forging a new relationship with McDaniles as the Head Coach. Yes, he is technically 'on vacation' as you say, but to me, it is very poor judgement on Cutler's part, and shows that he is not the leader he needs to be, that he does not recognize that he holds the key to the holdover players buying in to what the new Coach is selling. John Elway would not have done that, Peyton Manning would not have done that, Tom Brady or any other great QB I can think of.

Personally, I think the Bates thing was a huge irritation for Josh McDaniels, and a main point where the disconnect between he and Cutler began. I think McDaniels came to the concusion that Cutler was going to be difficult, and that while Matt Cassel may not be as talented, he has already proven he can win games in the NFL with him at QB, something Cutler has yet to prove, by the way.

Now, the one thing McDaniels IS guilty of is spinning the truth about how it transpired. I wish he would just come out and say what he thinks, which I am guessing is along the lines of:

'Over the past several weeks, I have tried in vain to forge an open working relationship with Jay Cutler. I have found him to be uninterested in the new plans of the Denver Broncos, and in general has not shown any enthusiasm for our new direction, or any desire to be a primary part of those changes.
    Jay Cutler, as the QB of the Denver Broncos, was expected to show leadership, and provide the direction needed to the new players on our football team, but he has shown repeatedly that he has no intention of doing that.
    After much thought and deliberation, when the opportunity arose to aquire Matt Cassel, we made an attempt to do so as he is a QB that at least I can count on to buy into the new system, and be an advocate of it's past success. In failing to consumate the trade, once again, Jay Cutler has an opportunity to show that he is interested in leading this football team, but so far has chosen to stay absent, and now has indicated he does not want to speak with us, or continue his career with the Denver Broncos.'

I wish Josh would just drop the hammer sqaurely on Jay Cutler, where it belongs.

People hear and see what they want to. Who knows what anyone would do if they were put in this situation. That includes Brady, Manning(s), etc.

And your theory is that McD thought Jay would be 'difficult'? Neither side gave anyone a chance! This, in my opinion, is stemming from McD's time in NE. BB is the man, and no one crosses Belichick, at least in NE anyway. In NE, it is beat into the collective heads of the team that the Head Coach is supreme ruler and master.

WHILE I DO NOT DISAGREE THAT THE HEAD COACH IS IN CHARGE, I will liken it to being a bully. The bully see's how his Dad treats the family, and then leaves home, and tries to act the same way. The general response, of course, is gonna be chaos.

It says nowhere in Cutler's contract that he has to come 'a-runnin when ever the HC calls. This is just another bully/powerplay move by the front office in an attempt to establish dominance over the QB.

Jay's first starts, everyone was saying he didn't talk enough, and he wasn't a vocal leader. Then he becomes vocal, and now he is a brat. At least I can say my QB has remained truthful and on point through the whole situation.

It can be said Cutler isn't being professional all day long, but how professional is it to keep lying to 1. Your QB 2. Your fans 3. The public 4. The media?

I think Josh McDaniels is trying to reign in this young, wild, Bronco.

Someone just needs to tell him you catch more with honey than vinegar.

Hooray, beer!

Quote Originally Posted by rojo1289 View Post
    Most if not all of us here own or at least drive a car. Now all you trade supporters or at least those that are ok with the idea. If you have a nice looking car that's everything you need and want, but find that it's not running up to it's full potential yet; do you go and swap out the whole motor because it has a little lag? Of course not only a moron would. Someone with common sense would do a an oil change, or a tune and they will find that's all the car needed to run smooth. Are you really stupid enough to swap out the entire motor and 1. risk replacing it with a motor that's crap, but sure did look nice outside the car? 2. go through all the trouble and chances in replacing a motor and keep your fingers crossed that the car will turn on when the swap is complete?? or do you simply do a damn tune-up and realize all that extra crap was not needed?
    I have kept quite through the the whole Cutler-Marshall Drama, but this is probably the best way anyone has put things into prospective.

Detroit was essentially going to offer the same deal to Denver which would have brought Cassel here.

Bottom line, there were two offers from two teams to ship out Cutler and bring in Cassel.

And with all due respect, it wasn't that long ago (just a couple of months even) in which you were emphatically telling people Cutler WASN'T the problem, and going as far as to call them morons for thinking such a thing.

Also, there was a time in which many thought Elway was a diva for exhibiting very similar behavior. The only difference is that Cutler is less media savvy than Elway was.
    Well, I don't have a crystal ball, and if you are referring to my support of Jay Cutler, it was before this entire fiasco.

I did defend Jay Cutler, because I do think he has incredible ability, but I guess I have just grown tired of his antics, which are part of the equation.
    Last edited by MindField; 03-03-2009 at 10:15 AM.

The fact of the matter is... McDaniels tried to trade Cutler for his boy toy. And then when the trade attempts fell though, he lied about it.

Or, basing it off recent history:

Why replace a perfectly good engine with low miles if the tailpipe is clearly broken?