Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jay Cutler

18 38.30%
  • Denver Broncos

29 61.70%
Page 3 of 1461 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 503 1003 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PowderAddict View Post
    I shouldn't have read this thread. Now my head hurts.

Seriously, when has QB ever been a position where rookies come in and play at an elite level right after college?

Depending on the QB, the learning curve is typically 3-5 years.

Even the great Peyton Manning threw many INTís his first few years. In fact, in that area, Cutler is WAY ahead of the curve.

Look at all the QBís drafted over the last 3 years. Are any playing at the level Cutler is consistently playing at? Heís shown the ability to carry the offense at times, has played big in big situations, and is improving at limiting his mistakes.

He had a bad game yesterday. So What. Peyton threw for 6 INTís in a game this year, that doesnít make him a failure.

The whole team is having a tough year. Between injuries, youth, change, etc, I donít know how the teams failures can all be laid at the feet of one of its young, bright stars.
    Well said......a voice of reason.

2 or 3 years and the broncos will be back to the playoffs.....hopefully.

I wish all the Cutler lovers, who , at the beginning of the season, were predicting 12-4 or 13-3 records would step forward though.

Patience.............
    My 3 favorite teams:
    1.The Denver Broncos
    2.The Ohio State Buckeyes
    3.Any team who plays Michigan

I predicted 13-3...but thats because I'm a homer

Adopted by: Peanut

"You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
    -Sean Payton

Quote Originally Posted by broncophan View Post
    Well said......a voice of reason.

2 or 3 years and the broncos will be back to the playoffs.....hopefully.

I wish all the Cutler lovers, who , at the beginning of the season, were predicting 12-4 or 13-3 records would step forward though.

Patience.............

I said 10-6, what do you have for me?......

Lets make an analogy here to Mr. Peyton Manning shall we? I think everyone can agree here he is an amazing QB right?

Mr Manning is not having an AMAZING season. He is having a solid season but nothing to write home about. Why would that be? He is the best right? He has commercials, stardom, laser rocket arm right????

Lets see. Marvin Harrison... out??? My god! Lets just say Marvin = Javon! My MY! Similarities!

OH NO! Mr. Addai was hurt too! he was out a few weeks! Lets say Addai = Henry for fun! Are we getting this yet?

Oh No! Dallas clark is hurt! Lets call Clark = Scheffler for fun!

Wow! This is fun!

What did mr Manning do during those weeks? Lets have a look!

10/22 @ JAC W 29-7 1 1 23 37 62.2 259 7.0 1 1 2 16 80.8 2 0 0.0 1 1 0
    10/28 @ CAR W 31-7 1 1 14 30 46.7 255 8.5 2 0 0 0 98.6 -- -- -- -- 1 0
    11/04 NE L 20-24 1 1 16 27 59.3 225 8.3 1 1 3 15 83.1 1 1 1.0 1 2 1
    11/11 @ SD L 21-23 1 1 34 56 60.7 328 5.9 2 6 2 17 49.4 -- -- --
    11/18 KC W 13-10 1 1 16 32 50.0 163 5.1 0 1 2 13 52.0 4 -3 -0.8 0 1 0
    11/22 @ ATL W 31-13 1 1 22 32 68.8 272 8.5 3 1 4 25 113.0 -- -- -- --
    12/02 JAC W 28-25 1 1 20 29 69.0 288 9.9 4 1 1 9

INT's in bold!

13 TD's for Manning 11 INT's. Jay threw 9 td's 6 INT during same time. Gosh! Does that mean that even the most amazing QB's are vulnerable to having personell out and making them have worse games? WOW! I would swear there is some correlation here between Harrison, clark and addai missing games and peyton struggling and forcing plays!

ODD! DO YOU THINK.... THat JUST MAYBEEE??????? Jay and the broncos.... Could have hte same problem????

Javon, Scheffler, Henry, etc.... wow... MAYBEE! JUST MAYBEE!

In closing. I dont think you have a leg to stand on. Your ripping cutler and i have just proven to you that even the best struggle when you dont surround them with the tools to make plays.

GO JAY!

Quote Originally Posted by KeystoneBronco View Post
    Wow, don't go out on a limb or anything man... hahaha

I can take it, i've never been like this before, but the frustration has been building all season and i'm just letting it out... sorry to tell you but the boards are here for everyone good and bad so you're gonna have to deal with it.

Call me anything you like, it doesn't change the fact that Cutler is terrible.

Remember Shanahan saying that Jay "gives us the best chance to win now" about this time last year. Yeah. Whatever Shanny.

I just want Jay to be a success and he needs someone to guide him, Shanahan just doesn't have a good record in that department. KUBIAK is the guy we need to make Jay become the great QB that he has the skills to be...but he needs guidance to get there.

So we're either in for several years of QB training with a poor team around Jay so a couple more losing seasons with a payoff down the road or we're in for a team that gets Griesefied and goes nowhere. Look at San Fran and Alex Smith, a pedigree doesn't make you an NFL QB. Brady wasn't a first rounder.

I also think Jay needs better players around him and with Shanahan's record for draft picks that's a scary thought. It won't get better unless something changes in that department.
    Last edited by champ24girl; 12-03-2007 at 03:29 PM.

This is one of the worst posts I think I've ever read.

How many times do I have to say it:

ARE YOU AWARE THAT CUTLER IS DOING BETTER IN PRETTY MUCH EVERY STATISTICAL CATEGORY than plummer?

Maybe you're unaware of his three game winning drives.

Just maybe.
    Administrator

I cannot believe how many people that are still all butt-hurt over losing Jake Plummer!

Monumentally pathetic......

Quote Originally Posted by RunYouOver View Post
    This is one of the worst posts I think I've ever read.

How many times do I have to say it:

ARE YOU AWARE THAT CUTLER IS DOING BETTER IN PRETTY MUCH EVERY STATISTICAL CATEGORY than plummer?

Maybe you're unaware of his three game winning drives.

Just maybe.

These people are a Monument to Pathetic......

Quote Originally Posted by ralden96 View Post
    Every week I watch and think back to the days with Jake Plummer and wish. Cutler continues to do nothing to win games. He's got a great arm but who cares? The league is about wins, not how far you can throw a ball. The sad thing is that no matter how you cut it these years with cutler, sort of like the dark ages, are going to continue until someone realizes he SUCKS!!! Look at who Shanahan has for QBs. They are pathetic.

Somewhere Plummer is laughing his butt off, and for good reason.
    And how long as Cutler started with the Broncos? So your saying if you dont see everything perfect out of Jay Cutler now.....then he is not good at all? Come on, he is still learning. Loosen up. I think you have forgotten that John Elway wasnt perfect in his second year. Look at Peyton Manning, he wasnt perfect his second year either with the Colts. Now over time, hes become one of the Best QBs in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatum_26 View Post
    Is this guy serious....
    Yeah, most likely.
    He will either be back to 1, celebrate a chiefs victory or 2, ***** & moan about Cutler unnecessarily.

Every week I watch and think back to the days with Jake Plummer and wish. Cutler continues to do nothing to win games. He's got a great arm but who cares? The league is about wins, not how far you can throw a ball. The sad thing is that no matter how you cut it these years with cutler, sort of like the dark ages, are going to continue until someone realizes he SUCKS!!! Look at who Shanahan has for QBs. They are pathetic.

I just threw up in my mouth..........uh........yuck.........seriously? Plummer Butt? He blew games all the time. Jay isn't our porblem.......now defense or the lack there of is the issue.

This is why people with 4 posts should not be allowed to post.......I'm sure you are smarter than mike shanahan and are an established football coach right?. "realize that he sucks".............Yeah, everyone realized how much Elway sucked when he had a 47.5 passer rating, threw 7tds and 14 picks his rookie year.

You truly are the greatest football mind I know, I'll look forward to seeing your picture in Canton...............
    Let's draft her....
    [CENTER][IMG]http://www.fresh99.com/images/footballbabes/13.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

These guys havent repsonded to any posts in a while, I hope they got banned out of just shear stupidity. Its pretty evident they dont know anything about football, and even less about Jay Cutler. After reading each one of their posts I seriously doubt they have caught a game all year.

Just so frustrating isnt it?

Quote Originally Posted by Javalon View Post
    Guys, I've cleaned up the thread a bit and I need to ask that you stick to the topic and avoid the personal attacks and name-calling.

My personal view is that, while I understand people's frustration with a season going poorly, it's ludicrous to blame Cutler and claim he sucks after one sucky game. He had worked his way into the top 10 quarterbacks in the league before yesterday.

Anyone who has watched a decent amount of football should know that a team can win despite lesser play by one individual and can lose despite good play but one individual. It's a TEAM game.

Cutler can't stop the other team from running all over our defense. He can't fix a crappy special teams unit. He can't block the pass rush. He can't receive his own passes, too many of which were dropped and very catchable passes. He can't stop other players from fumbling the ball.

The kid has done very well in his young career, despite his second bad game (the other being his very first game versus Seattle). He's led the team on numerous game-winning / game-tying drives already and was one of the top 4 rated QB's on third downs coming into yesterday.

Cutler can't fix the team around him and can only do his own job. It's inane (and possibly insane) to claim he sucks considering his overall level of play thus far in his career. At first I thought these people were joking but have been stunned to see there is just a lack of football savvy out there.

This team is lucky to have a talented young core or players to build around, and that includes Cutler. This isn't our year but we'll be on our way back up if we have another good draft and pick up a few key free agents. While this season isn't over, I'm looking forward to a bright future.
    Thanks Javalon

Quote Originally Posted by TheFuture6 View Post
    These guys havent repsonded to any posts in a while, I hope they got banned out of just shear stupidity. Its pretty evident they dont know anything about football, and even less about Jay Cutler. After reading each one of their posts I seriously doubt they have caught a game all year.

Just so frustrating isnt it?
    I agree. There should be a new rule for that. Its ridiculous.