View Poll Results: Who do you support?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jay Cutler

    18 38.30%
  • Denver Broncos

    29 61.70%
Page 318 of 1461 FirstFirst ... 218 268 308 316 317 318 319 320 328 368 418 818 1318 ... LastLast
Results 4,756 to 4,770 of 21901
  1. #4756
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    15
    Or maybe a grammer lesson?

  2. #4757
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Centennial, CO
    Posts
    582
    Quote Originally Posted by I Hate SD Alot View Post
    Maybe you should read the boards about how he isn't leaving before making your first post.
    There is still a very good chance that Cutler could go, nothing on these boards is proof of anything!

  3. #4758
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Anderson county Tennessee (near Knoxville)
    Posts
    1,805
    Quote Originally Posted by smoke_eater690 View Post
    Or maybe a grammer lesson?
    grammar....but who's perfect?...lol....just messing with ya...dont take it too serious

  4. #4759
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    10,507
    Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
    Just responding to mxstiles question about what makes Cutler a franchise QB, half of the fanbases around the NFL have deemed their QB as a franchise QB.

    Denver w/Cutler
    Atlanta w/Ryan
    Baltimore w/Flacco
    Cleveland w/Quinn
    etc etc...

    even Oakland fans believe Russell is a "franchise QB".

    The term "franchise QB" is far too loose leaf these days. To give it true meaning, I would say there are 4-5, at the most.

    Manning (obvious)
    Brady (obvious)

    Roethlesberger (on the verge if not already. Come from behind wins in huge games has vaulted him up, IMHO)

    McNabb (people can say what they want, but a 9-6 post season record, and the obvious face of the franchise, McNabb is a franchise QB in every sense of the word except SuperBowls)

    In all honesty, maybe just 4.
    There's a big difference between a 'franchise quarterback' and an 'elite quarterback'.

    I agree that in the NFL currently, there are maybe 4-5 elite quarterbacks.

    Manning, Brady, Roethlisberger, and McNabb are probably the 'elite quarterbacks' of the NFL.

    But there are a few franchise quarterbacks. Palmer, Eli Manning, Romo, Brees, Rivers, and yes Cutler. They're not elite, but they are quarterabcks you build your offense around.

  5. #4760
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Bozeman, MT
    Posts
    6,074
    Quote Originally Posted by TheComeBackKid View Post
    There is still a very good chance that Cutler could go, nothing on these boards is proof of anything!
    "a very good chance"?


  6. #4761
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Groves, Texas
    Posts
    902
    Quote Originally Posted by Letswinplz77 View Post
    You did get the memo that it's a team sport right? You honestly thing Benny boy wins more than 8 games on last year's Broncos team? I don't think you lack football knowledge because your opinion differs from mine, I think you lack football knowledge because you are wrong. Tell me one game last year, just one that the Broncos won in spite of Jay Cutler. One game where he played horrible and they still won the game. Want some of those same kind of games for number 7 in Pittsburgh? There are lots of them, including Super Bowl XL.
    By the way, his yards per play passing were right up there with Rivers, Drew and Warner, so don't give me that "stats can be very deceiving" crap. He is elite, if you can't see that then there are only two options. One you are a fan that is never satisfied, or two, you just don't know what you are talking about. Of course he could be better, and considering this will be his 4th year in the league, I bet he will get better, but he plays at a very high level, and not being able to recognize that is a little scary.

    Valid point. All the games won were solely because of Jay. He is either good....or really bad. You insult my football knowledge, not sure how you can do that with someone you don't know. I have never said once that I want him gone. Looks like he is staying anyway. What I don't get about some of you is the fact no one is allowed to say anything negative about Cutler without some folks getting their panties in a wad. It's almost like people are scared to speak the truth because they don't wanna get bashed by you guys. Me personally, I just like getting you cats riled up sometimes. I do however stand by my previous comments about how Jay makes horrible decisions, can't throw the deep ball, turns the ball over too much, doesn't go through his progressions, etc. Regardless of his stats and how much upside he has (which i agree he does have tons of upside) you can't prove to me that I'm wrong in what I've seen. Lets all just hope he gets better.

  7. #4762
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    2,868
    Quote Originally Posted by Apoc13 View Post
    imo, ryan and bulger in tier 3? you gotta be kidding me....and eli should be well below cutler and brees significantly higher
    My mistake. Brees was a typo. He is definitely a "cut" above, and I consider him in that 2nd tier.

    In any case, the point of this wasn't to start quibbling over QB rankings. If you posted your list, I could dissect it with a fine-toothed comb too. The point is to explain my case that he sits comfortably behind at least 8 QBs that are in a higher tier.

    That's as of right now. I'm not saying he'll always be there. But the assumption is that he already is one of the best in the game, and has minimal improvements to make to his game. An assumption that I don't know is based on anything real.

  8. #4763
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Bozeman, MT
    Posts
    6,074
    IMHO, a franchise QB IS an elite QB. It's the one player your organization absolutely cannot do without, and that's from a playing standpoint, a leading standpoint, a PR standpoint, etc...

  9. #4764
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Bozeman, MT
    Posts
    6,074
    Drew Brees?

    The dude has 1 playoff win in his career.

    What's worse, he has 1 fourth quarter come from behind win in his career.

    This ain't fantasy football we're talking about. He's a "tier 3" QB. At best.

  10. #4765
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    5,758
    Quote Originally Posted by Buenacolt11 View Post
    It doesnt matter who wrote the damn article, if you like the guy or if ten seconds after its publication he contradicated it on another show. The points are ALL VALID! Cutler didnt do this, Mc****head did. Why the hell do you even want to entertain thoughts of trading a young, up and rising QB? Why? He's not smart enough to run your uber complicated scheme? Come on! Dude when to fricking Vanderbilt! I think he can comprehend the all mighty Patriot playbook. Its not Cutler fault the Broncos have floundered the past two seasons. The offense has been good enough to keep them in almost every game while the defense gave up yards like by the ton. My God, I can not believe there are Bronco fans who think that getting rid of Jay Cutler is a good idea, ceratinly not for Matt Cassell and to be honest, I dont think there are more than 3 QB's currently playing in the NFL that I would trade Cutler for. And I sure as hell wouldnt trade him to get Stafford or Sanchez... thats a leap in the wrong direction. Have any of you looked around teh landscape of the NFL recently? There are about 5 teams that have any kind of quality at QB. The rest struggle because of it. Minnesota, a team on the brink, has all the talent in the world but struggles because they dont have a competent, much less good, QB. Detroit, Kanasa City, Cleveland, New York (Jets), St Louis, San Francisco... on and on... they are looking for exactly what the Broncos have... A FRANCHISE QB. For all of Shanahans faults he was smart enough to see that.
    Other examples: the Bears got to the SB, but lost because they had Rex Grossman and their opponents had Tom Brady.

    Tom Gruden and Brian Billick both won SBs but got fired when they failed to find a franchise QB to lead their teams. Gruden brought in almost EVERY FA QB there is. They all failed. HE was fired.

    Billick bet his career on Kyle Boller being the answer in Baltimore. He wasn't. Billick got fired despite having one of the top defenses in the NFL.

    Kind of like a reverse Mike Shanahan (defense instead of offense).

    Then the Ravens got Joe Flacco and now might actually be a contender for a SB (if they can keep their defense together long enough).

    The Oakland Raiders went to the SB with Rich Gannon. After he retired they floundered in the wilderness for 5 long years and it might be another 40 before they get out if (as they begin to suspect) JaMarcus Russell isn't the answer.

    There are 20 teams that want Cutler right now because they CAN'T find a franchise QB. About 12 are satisfied with their guy. Some of these are already elite established young QBs who have won in the playoffs (Peyton Manning, now Phillip Rivers and Eli Manning, Ben Roethlisberger) or have had lots of success without a playoff appearance Ex: Drew Brees (and ironically Jay Cutler).

    Another bunch have invested tens of millions in their QB and are keeping their fingers crossed and are hopeful for the future: Matt Shaub, Vince Young, Matt Leinart, Joe Flacco. Hopefully these investments will pay long term dividends but you can't be sure.

    There are a few more but you see what I'm getting at.

    It sounds like Jay & McDaniels will work things out. At least they're scheduled to meet. I imagine with Jay under contract for the next 3 seasons there's plenty of time for tempers to cool and things to return to normal.

    But, this is NOT a good beginning to the Coach McDaniels era.

    I guess now if the Broncos have a losing season the "trade Jay Cutler" chants will be the loud ones. If they traded him and lose it'll be "fire McDaniels!"
    http://www.fbpages.me/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/159174168050152087_zRr4orMC_c.jpg

  11. #4766
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    5,731
    Broncos | McDaniels says Cutler will not be traded
    Tue, 03 Mar 2009 15:59:23 -0800

    Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports Denver Broncos head coach Josh McDaniels said the team will not trade QB Jay Cutler. "Let me be as clear as I can about this. We are not trading Jay Cutler - period," McDaniels said.


    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------


    Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

  12. #4767
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    10,507
    Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
    IMHO, a franchise QB IS an elite QB. It's the one player your organization absolutely cannot do without, and that's from a playing standpoint, a leading standpoint, a PR standpoint, etc...
    See, I consider an elite quarterback someone who's likely destined for the HoF.

    You don't have to be HoF bound to be a franchise quarterback. The NFL's history is filled with second-tier quarterbacks who, while not necessarily elite, were great players.

    Drew Bledsoe, Steve McNair, Joe Theismann, Phil Simms, Bernie Kosar, Boomer Esiason, Randall Cunningham, Jim McMahon...just to name a few examples.

  13. #4768
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    5,758

    You Should Title Your Thread "Adam Shefter Says" Jay Won't Be Going Anywhere?

    Since the posters on these threads think only Shefter is the voice of Mt. Sinai and every other source is wrong.

    I'm surprised not to see this posted in it's entirety since it's so short.

    McDaniels: Cutler will not be traded by Broncos

    Posted: Adam Schefter | Adam Schefter | Tags: Denver Broncos, Jay Cutler, Josh McDaniels

    Since word broke Saturday that Jay Cutler’s name had come up in trade discussions, rumors have run rampant.

    There has been speculation that Cutler could be traded to the Vikings, the Browns, the Buccaneers, the Jets — basically any team with a need at quarterback. But new Broncos coach Josh McDaniels spoke out Tuesday afternoon and attempted to squash any and all existing speculation.

    “Let me be as clear as I can about this,” McDaniels said when reached at his office Tuesday afternoon. “We are not trading Jay Cutler — period.”

    Let those words ring around the NFL, the Internet, the blogosphere, sports-talk radio. No matter how much trade talk there is regarding Cutler, it is not originating from Denver and, to the disappointment of many, it is not happening. In fact, further proof that Denver fully intends to keep Cutler is evidenced in its action. McDaniels and Cutler are scheduled to meet next week.
    However, Josh better have a convincing story ready when they meet on Tuesday or this could get ugly again.

    McDaniels job now depends on placating Jay Cutler. Lots of fans may not like that or want to hear it, but screwing up your relationship with your pro-bowl QB for ANY reason whatsoever is a career suicide move for an NFL head coach.

    If he doesn't have a franchise QB he won't win. If he doesn't win he'll be fired. That's all. No slack at all will be given nor any excuses accepted.

    He simply cannot afford to let this fester.

    I remember Wade Phillips making all kinds of excuses for his miserable coaching and then saying "Pat Bowlen understands" why these things happened. Well Pat might have understood, but he also didn't care.

    It's the NFL. Win or else get out of town. And Josh McDaniels is no exception.
    Last edited by Cugel; 03-03-2009 at 06:40 PM.
    http://www.fbpages.me/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/159174168050152087_zRr4orMC_c.jpg

  14. #4769
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    788
    Quote Originally Posted by Lomax View Post
    TOP tier

    Brady, P. Manning

    Tier 2

    Roethlisberger, Warner, E. Manning, McNabb, Brees, Romo

    Tier 3

    Rivers, Cutler, Brees, Ryan, Rodgers, Bulger

    Tier 4

    Gerrard, Garcia, Pennington, etc., etc.

    The teams that want him so bad are the ones without a legitimate starter at QB. That doesn't mean he's "top tier".
    So you prefer Romo over Cutler. Great, a guy who consistently chokes in the playoffs with the most talented team in the NFL.

  15. #4770
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Aurora
    Posts
    1,503
    Quote Originally Posted by str8jacket View Post
    Fan of team.

    Somewhere...I_Only_Like_Jay is cutting herself.
    No I'm not, I was too busy making a Josh McDaniels voodoo doll.




    Just kidding.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •