View Poll Results: Who do you support?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jay Cutler

18 38.30%
  • Denver Broncos

29 61.70%
Page 322 of 1461 FirstFirst ... 222 272 312 320 321 322 323 324 332 372 422 822 1322 ... LastLast
Results 4,816 to 4,830 of 21901

CBS4: Graham went to talk to McDaniels

This is from the mane:

Graham went to meet with McDaniels in person regarding Cutler rumors
    Just finished watching a CBS4 report (recorded) by Gary Miller. Miller reported that Daniel Graham and Josh McDaniels are "tight" from their New England days. Upon hearing the rumors of the Jay Cutler trade, the Broncos team captain actually went to Dove Valley to speak with McDaniels in person regarding the matter. They played Graham's phone call over the air:

"He told me that teams came to them, you know. They did not go out and try to trade Jay, you know. They sat back and listened which I guess any team would do with anybody, you know. This is a business."
    http://orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=77868

Quote Originally Posted by haciendadad View Post
    I assume Mr. Bowlen was behind the Broncos FO finally making a statement and telling McD get back to fixing our defense!

Cutler won't demand a trade, it wouldn't be profitable for him, he'll wait until his contract is up so he can cash in.
    I don't know what makes you assume this. A lot of people seem to think that Josh and Brian hijacked the Broncs, but for all we know, Bowlen was in on the whole thing, too.

Broncos for me #1 Cutler #2 I will always follow this career and IF he leaves I wish him best of luck!!! :cutler:

Quote Originally Posted by BillyD123 View Post
    Hey now... I'm not your average fan. Avid Patriot fans keep tuned in on what there rivals are up to. Players coaches etc... However, I do have a selfish interest involving ex Pats. Perhaps you would of ex Bronco's.
    1- Josh didn't win me over until his 3rd year as OC. I was quite skeptical of his experience. But seeing what he could do with Cassel was, well, impressive.
    2- As a Pats fan, I hated Shanny/Elway. Of course I had a great deal of respect for them as well. It always seemed Denver had our number.
    3-I was shocked that Shanny got the axe. But on the other hand, the present Bronco's were a team that couldn't go deep in the playoffs any more.
    4 I've had many casual conversations with fellow Patriot fans on who should be traded, Cassel or Brady? "Brady's not the same guy he was a few years ago" etc...
    5- Cutler, all though he's quite good. He doesn't have "the look" in his eyes ala Brady, Manning, Montana. I'm not sure Bronco's fans understand how much Tom Brady wants to win every game he plays. Does Cutler want it that much?
    Anyway, like all fans. when it looks like it's the end for a favorite player there is some regret. For one, I was confused that Mike Vrabel was traded to KC. at first. He was a great patriot for his 8 years here. A real fan favorite. But that was business. He knows it. The fans know it. Piolli knows he got Cassel, for taking Vrabel's cap hit away from the Pats. Vrabel's trade (who had to immediatly fly to KC that day a pass a physical) was announced a day before Cassels. Hence, no taking Vrabel = No Cassel.
    Like a quote from The Untouchables. "What are you willing to do?"
    The Bronco's haven't been a deep threat in the Playoffs in a while.
    I'm sure you mean well. But you want to be careful coming on a Broncos board and presuming to know more about the Broncos than their own fans.

Your comments reveal a lack of understanding about just how good Cutler has been. The only reason the Broncos had even a shot at making the playoffs the last two seasons was because of Cutler.

Teams with defenses as bad as Denver's the past two seasons have ended up with draft picks in the top 3. To those that say it was the offense and not all Cutler, those teams had weapons like Calvin Johnson, Roy Williams, Torry Holt, Steven Jackson, Donnie Avery, Tony Gonzalez, Larry Johnson, Dwayne Bowe. The thing those teams did not have was the franchise QB. We did. If Cutler can take 3-win talent to an 8-win season, just think what he can do with 8-win talent.

Not only has Cutler been good on the field, he's also been terrific in the community. And you ask about Cutler's "look", his hunger to compete - Shanahan was as much a perfectionist and workaholic as Belichick is. The reason Cutler was drafted despite a 13-3 season with Plummer was because he felt the latter didn't work as hard as Shanahan wanted in the offseason. Shanahan has been around Elway, Young and Montana, and couldn't say enough about how hard Cutler worked and constantly aimed to get better. He has been described as the hardest worker on this team. He was also the hardest worker on his team in college.

Another thing I keep hearing about is the whole "Cutler can't grasp the cerebral offense of McDaniels". One of the biggest reasons Jeff Fisher recommended Cutler to Shanahan was his intelligence. Shanahan's offense changes every game depending on the opponent (kinda like Belichick's defenses). Cutler prepared for a whole new offense every week. I find it hilarious that someone thinks that a guy who ran a Shanahan offense would have difficulty with the "cerebral" McDaniels offense. That's like telling someone who just read War and Peace that they would have trouble reading an issue of Time magazine.

Again, I don't mean to be rude. You likely know more about football than I do. But having followed the team as closely we Bronco fans do, I find it odd that some rookie head coach with zero experience and very little credibility shows up, looks at this offense and this defense and decides that the QB, who has been by far the most valuable player on this team, is the one that needs to be changed. It's nothing short of ridiculous.
    Last edited by AC1; 03-03-2009 at 07:46 PM.

what matters?

After all this is said and done the only thing that matters is how many Wins we finish the season with
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Bring A new Orange Crush!!!!

I personally think McDaniels has a good shot at becoming a great coach.

You know.... he doesn't believe McDaniels story either. He knows, you know, that they are just repeating the same crap and sticking to their same junk. You know, they are just aren't going to come clean. I hope, you know, that they come clean to Jay behind closed doors. Let them keep their lame story to the public, but you know, they need to be truthful to the players one-on-one. Thats the ONLY way they will earn the trust... you know.

Quote Originally Posted by biggymac609 View Post
    *Sigh*

If McDaniels is still sticking to this story, then I've lost all respect for him. I don't understand why he just won't admit he seriously considered trading Jay for Matt Cassel. It's been confirmed by numerous sources.

This 'just answered the phone and listened' garbage is just that. Liars - especially public figures - just really bother me, to be perfectly honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Ch1ggs View Post
    I personally think McDaniels has a good shot at becoming a great coach.
    As much as I'm pissed at him for his lying... and his complete idiocy for trying to trade away a stud QB for matt cassel .. and as much as my confidence in HIM has been tested, I do think he may turn out to be a very good coach.

I'm pissed at him for this. Not because I'm a huge Jay guy, but because this was just a moronic move to try and trade a franchise QB, a pro-bowl QB, going into jsut his fourth season. Thats scary.

But I also have high expectations of him as a coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    You know.... he doesn't believe McDaniels story either. He knows, you know, that they are just repeating the same crap and sticking to their same junk. You know, they are just aren't going to come clean. I hope, you know, that they come clean to Jay behind closed doors. Let them keep their lame story to the public, but you know, they need to be truthful to the players one-on-one. Thats the ONLY way they will earn the trust... you know.
    You know that they were quoting him from on the phone? Theres a lot of people out there that say "ya know" when theyre speaking, ya know?

wall o text........

Quote Originally Posted by mx_stiles13 View Post
    Great statement.

It still isn't even a "fact" that McDaniels was trying to trade Cutler. He very well could of picked up the phone and only listened to what others had to say. McD could have F'd up. We don't know.

What we do know is that our coach realizes his mistake and has tried to reach out to Cutler to make things right. Cutler is/was acting immature and was not acting his age.
    Actually it is pretty much a fact, too many teams have admitted to this; Detroit, Tampa Bay and New England...I don't think all three were coharts in some big consipiracy to F' McDaniels. To even believe such is ironic in itself, so...it is pretty much known the 'McDumbass' did in fact try and trade Cutler. Why do you think he did not make a statement, or refused to when he was first approached? That is because he had to talk with Xanders, Ellis and Bowlen on 'Damage Control'...then he lied to the press, and at the same time all the other teams came forward telling the fans that in deed did he try, he was in deep talks till late at night. That right there took all of what McDaniels had said and pretty much showed his immaturity and that he was in deed lying, to the players, the media and the fans.

I can not believe there are those who believe that a lying a'hole rookie head coach is not responsible, compared to one of the league's hottest young quarterbacks, a Pro Bowler no less, who simply told it like it is. I guess it is true that some fans are without a doubt and unexplainably morons! Because it is pretty clear cut that McDaniels has lied. Even one reporter who got inside information said that Xanders told McDaniels no...whether or not it is true, the fact there are so many fingures pointing at McDaniels has proven more then anything that he is a freakin' liar. If you want to back a dumbass that lies, hey fine...but I would rather have someone sincere as a head coach, who at least admits his mistakes and strives to be better, to mend any and all situations he created, that is what a man needs to do...
    ...Master Protagonist...

Quote Originally Posted by mojo0730 View Post
    *Sigh*

If McDaniels is still sticking to this story, then I've lost all respect for him. I don't understand why he just won't admit he seriously considered trading Jay for Matt Cassel. It's been confirmed by numerous sources.

This 'just answered the phone and listened' garbage is just that. Liars - especially public figures - just really bother me, to be perfectly honest.
    It has not been confirmed EVER yet. Noone can confirm it except the bucs GM, the lions GM or the Broncos.

Eveything else is pure speculation, until one of them confirm it, its not true so stop being ignorant. At least admit to not knowing what happend, we can't all be puzzle solvers. I openly admit I've stayed quiet regarding this for the most part because I do not know what happend and none of you do either and neither does the media, they will pull anything to get a story, the most reliable guy in the media is shefter and he even said teams came to the broncos and not the broncos going to them.

So please until the bucs, lions, or our gms come out and openly say something, refrain from assuming and take our gms word for it because if it wasnt true the bucs and lions would have already jumped out and said that it was a lie and that we called them.

Quote Originally Posted by mojo0730 View Post
    *Sigh*

Because its dealing with the media, and its like dealing with a jury. You continue, and always, deny deny deny.

We'll never hear him admit to the public that he lied about his story. Because if he does, EVERYONE will continue to throw it back in his face. They will continue to doubt him no matter what, and the media/fans will continue to compare him to BB in that regard.

Instead, if he sticks to his story, then at least he can hide behind that lie without people calling him a liar to his face day in and day out.

I agree... but he BETTER come to the truth behind closed doors with Jay. Because jay knows the truth, like the rest of us do, and if he continues with this same lame-crap of a story with Jay when its just them in the office...... he will lose the trust of the QB completely and for good.

All I can say is this, I was upset about McDaniels trying to ship off Cutler because firmly believe more than anything else a move like this could have potentially set the franchise back years. That being said, I my hope is that McDaniels and Cutler can smooth things out and get to work on making this an elite team once again.
    John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/2...iamssigwj2.jpg

Thanks Snk16