View Poll Results: Who do you support?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jay Cutler

18 38.30%
  • Denver Broncos

29 61.70%
Page 330 of 1461 FirstFirst ... 230 280 320 328 329 330 331 332 340 380 430 830 1330 ... LastLast
Results 4,936 to 4,950 of 21901
    Quote Originally Posted by Gr3yStreet View Post
    Unless you want to get all existential that's a crazy thing to say.

Note that im not trying to comment on your opinions on the Cutler situation..but seriously, tons of stuff can be proved.
    yes.. it can be proved that gravity does exist... the sun will come up.... 1 + 1 does in fact = 2. I don't think that statement was intended to be taken so literally to the "T".. but thanks.

Dam! I'm looking at the thread from the other forum with the Sandy dude that Mojo brought up.

Apparently, if the trade went through, Denver would have received Cassel, and Detroit's first round picks.

Cassel, and 3 first round picks, including the overall #1. I certainly would not have blamed McDaniels if he thought about it!!

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
    Dam! I'm looking at the thread from the other forum with the Sandy dude that Mojo brought up.

Apparently, if the trade went through, Denver would have received Cassel, and Detroit's first round picks.

Cassel, and 3 first round picks, including the overall #1. I certainly would not have blamed McDaniels if he thought about it!!
    Thats the first i"ve heard of this from ANY source. The sources I heard talk about it (John Clayton, who I trust immensly).. said that Detroit wasn't offering more than their 20th pick they got from Dallas and a 3rd. Bucs were offering a first and 4th.

That's a pretty good deal. But what about our salary cap? And there is nothing wrong with McD wanting Cassel, he played very well in the Pats system. But the hurricane is gone, Cutler stays to throw some more interceptions and hopefully lead us back to the playoffs.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Yeah.. and I'm sure we could totally afford that..

Knowing for a fact that Cassel is carrying a huge salary hit against any teams CAP, along with 3 first round picks and a #1 overall..

Nice..

Actually Denver would ultimately would have given up their #12 pick to New England in the trade, so they would have only had two #1's.

Look, I've never argued the logistics of the trade. I can see why McDaniels would entertain and even pull the trigger on it, even if I wouldn't (mostly because I don't believe Cassel is anywhere near the talent Cutler is).

My issue with it is the fact that McDaniels preached communication and developing a great relationship with Cutler in all his press conferences, just to turn around and attempt to trade him off for his guy.

At the very least, a conversation with Jay explaining to him that the Broncos have been receiving offers and will listen to any offer for any player would have sufficed, and then not turning around and denying it when they were first approached. Then talking to Jay immediately once the story leaked - and not shutting out him and his agent - would have been the better route to go.

Quote Originally Posted by B4Bronco6 View Post
    Yeah.. and I'm sure we could totally afford that..

Knowing for a fact that Cassel is carrying a huge salary hit against any teams CAP, along with 3 first round picks and a #1 overall..

Nice..
    Trading one for mid level picks, or some defensive help! Very nice indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by mojo0730 View Post
    Actually Denver would ultimately would have given up their #12 pick to New England in the trade, so they would have only had two #1's.
    Not according to that thread. Denver would depart with their second, and that's what NE would receive, which according to that rumor makes the trade more "logical" from the Patriots standpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    Soooo.... it makes more sense to you, that multible teams just happened to call the Broncos about their 3rd year, pro-bowl, franchise QB that still has 3 years left on his contract?? This is what you believe silk??? Come on.... I know you better than that. YOu are much more skeptical of a person than this. You are actually using that skeptisim to doubt the reporters when THEY are the ones that don't have a THING to lie about.... but McDaniels does. Follow the need man, follow the reasons.
    Silk is right to the extent we haven't seen in print per se that Denver put out "feelers". However, why would a team just out of the blue contact Denver about moving our starting quarterback unless they at the very least were under the firm impression that Denver was opening to dealing? I doubt like hell that a the Lions GM just woke up one day had the bright idea "I'm going to see if Denver is willing to trade Jay Cutler to us."
    John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/2...iamssigwj2.jpg

Thanks Snk16

Quote Originally Posted by lancane View Post
    Actually it is pretty much a fact, too many teams have admitted to this; Detroit, Tampa Bay and New England...I don't think all three were coharts in some big consipiracy to F' McDaniels. To even believe such is ironic in itself, so...it is pretty much known the 'McDumbass' did in fact try and trade Cutler. Why do you think he did not make a statement, or refused to when he was first approached? That is because he had to talk with Xanders, Ellis and Bowlen on 'Damage Control'...then he lied to the press, and at the same time all the other teams came forward telling the fans that in deed did he try, he was in deep talks till late at night. That right there took all of what McDaniels had said and pretty much showed his immaturity and that he was in deed lying, to the players, the media and the fans.

I can not believe there are those who believe that a lying a'hole rookie head coach is not responsible, compared to one of the league's hottest young quarterbacks, a Pro Bowler no less, who simply told it like it is. I guess it is true that some fans are without a doubt and unexplainably morons! Because it is pretty clear cut that McDaniels has lied. Even one reporter who got inside information said that Xanders told McDaniels no...whether or not it is true, the fact there are so many fingures pointing at McDaniels has proven more then anything that he is a freakin' liar. If you want to back a dumbass that lies, hey fine...but I would rather have someone sincere as a head coach, who at least admits his mistakes and strives to be better, to mend any and all situations he created, that is what a man needs to do...
    Where did you see that these teams admitted to the Broncos going to them for a trade? I've searched and can't find anything that says that. The only thing I saw was Minnesota inquired @ the combine if Cutler was availible.

Cripes, half you people are acting as though there were no other mitigating circumstances and that the Bucs and the Lions both called up expecting to get Cutler. If there HAD been no other circumstances involved, then I could understand your skepticism when the organization said there were no "feelers" sent out regarding a Cutler trade, because you're right, under most circumstances a team will not just call up another and try to get their franchise passer, however there WERE other circumstances.

In this case, those circumstances were that these teams knew McDaniels liked Cassel, and that Cassel would fit in McDaniels system, and so they thought with all that in mind that maybe they COULD leverage the Broncos into a three way trade, and that obviously did not happen because Jay is still here. The Cassel factor is a HUGE mitigating factor here.

Bucs/Lions call randomly about getting Jay Cutler, organization says there was no shopping/feelers - Not so credible

Two quarterback starved teams (Bucs/Lions) know new Broncos HC has ties to another FA QB (Cassel), and think they can use said HC's fondness for said QB to pry out a three way deal, they would attempt this even with no feelers from Denver because it's a reasonable situation - Pretty damned credible in my opinion.

Also, I love how you all have NO PROOF that anyone in the organization lied, but you're absolutely 100% correct in this situation, meanwhile we have the word of the organization, and nobody had come out saying that Denver put out feelers, but we're the idiots who have no idea what we're talking about.

You people seriously need to get a grip.

Not according to that thread. Denver would depart with their second, and that's what NE would receive, which according to that rumor makes the trade more "logical" from the Patriots standpoint.
    I'm telling you what Sandy Clough stated, which was very different than anything I had heard prior, too.

I warned you that it was more 'insider info' so take it for what you will. I myself don't believe that the deal was legit. My point was that Denver wanted Cassel, and Detroit and Tampa were willing to give up a lot to get Cutler.

Quote Originally Posted by mojo0730 View Post
    Er....
    Denver trades Jay Cutler, #48 pick (2nd round) and #79 (3rd round)
    Detroit trades #1 pick (1st round) and #20 pick (1st round)
    New England trades Matt Cassel

Denver receives Matt Cassel, #1 pick (1st round) and #20 pick (1st round)
    Detroit receives Jay Cutler and #79 (3rd round)
    New England receives #48 pick (2nd round)
    http://www.fightingmaster.com/masters/brucelee/photos/face3.jpg
    I've started with almost nothing and still got most of it

Quote Originally Posted by xX-Bronco-Xx View Post
    They see me rollin
    They hatin'
    Patrollin'
    they tryin' to catch me ridin. dirty.
    Tryin' to catch me ridin' dirty.
    Tryin' to catch me ridin' dirty......
    They see marshall fighten
    They hatin
    Tryin to catch marshall fightin dirty!!

Raiders @ Broncos 9-30-12

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    Silk is right to the extent we haven't seen in print per se that Denver put out "feelers". However, why would a team just out of the blue contact Denver about moving our starting quarterback unless they at the very least were under the firm impression that Denver was opening to dealing? I doubt like hell that a the Lions GM just woke up one day had the bright idea "I'm going to see if Denver is willing to trade Jay Cutler to us."

I don't see how it's any more likely that the Broncos put out "feelers" for Jay Cutler then it is that is some team with a Savvy GM and a first round pick to spare, who saw a team with a new coach undergoing MASSIVE overhaul and thought they might be receptive to some big deals.

What connection or history does McDaniels have with Cutler? None.

And THAT'S, the Cosmic Perspective.