View Poll Results: Who do you support?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jay Cutler

18 38.30%
  • Denver Broncos

29 61.70%
Page 331 of 1461 FirstFirst ... 231 281 321 329 330 331 332 333 341 381 431 831 1331 ... LastLast
Results 4,951 to 4,965 of 21901
    Quote Originally Posted by Gr3yStreet View Post
    I don't see how it's any more likely that the Broncos put out "feelers" for Jay Cutler then it is that is some team with a Savvy GM and a first round pick to spare, who saw a team with a new coach undergoing MASSIVE overhaul and thought they might be receptive to some big deals.

What connection or history does McDaniels have with Cutler? None.
    so its common, in your mind, for multible teams to contact a team for their third year franchise, pro-bowl, QB that still has three years left on his contract?? YOu think it takes a savvy GM, but more than one at the same time (same day) to make a run at the same unlikely target without ANY feeling that it would be something they would be willing to listen to??? Really? You dont' think thats more unlikely than for McDaniels to put 'feelers' out since (as you said) he doesn't have ties to the QB??

(although I would fair to argue that if you are hired as the HC for a team that has a 3rd year franchise QB that just went to the pro-bowl, you have ties to the QB.... but thats just me)

who cares?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
    Sorry but number 8 and 5 is a bunch of crap. I want a player who sees himself as a part of a team and who buys in, not one who thinks they can call the shots about who comes in and who should or should not coach him. I want a player who believes their ego isn't as important as the team's as a whole and is willing to work hard for his teammates, his ego aside. And trying to dismiss Cutler airing his grievances as "just happened to be called on vacation" is a total joke.

And I'm a Broncos fan first and last. I want to see the Broncos do well. My allegiance to the team is not predicated on a certain player being or not being on this team.

I want Cutler here because I think he can help us win a Super Bowl. But I don't want him here if he doesn't believe in what we're doing and acts like a petulant child when the front office does something he disagrees with. He needs to grow up.
    I shouldn't keep getting involved with this topic, but I will. I agree with you about Cutler. I know people here are mostly behind him and against McD, but even if Josh and his gang messed up (and do we really know what happened??).....it's Jay's reaction and previous actions that bother me a bit. Sure I hope he stays. One heck of an arm. Now lets find out if he can have one heck of a leadership impact. For my money, his behaviour in this case and in previous situations has exemplified that he has a ways to go. He is not even close to Brady or Roethlisberger in that regard. You can't keep complaining about everything above and around you....sooner or later it will haunt you. Anyone who publicly critiques his mates, or whines about management (who by the way just happen to be his boss), or looks sulky when things aren't just right, is far from being a true leader, or team player. I've said this elsewhere but for my money I'll stand behind a guy like Ben, who had marginal offensive support all year and still found a way to win the prize.....even though he has less raw talent than Jay. BUT HE'S A TRUE LEADER, and his team will go through walls to win for him.

So lets also be clear........management can trade players, or consider deals.....and not owe it to anyone to discuss with them beforehand. It happens all the time. This one is a sensitive one indeed, and Jay has a right to be disappointed......but he chose not to take the high road. Also a repeat comment from me: two wrongs don't make a right.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    SO are you. YOu are assuming that McDaniels is telling the truth despite the amount of evidence to point otherwise. I think thats nice of you to assume the best of people, but in reality, there are just toooo many strange coincidences that completely beat the 'real' odds of this happening.

Did you know there is really 'no proof' that Obama bin Laden had anything to do with the 911 bombings?? But there is just overwhelming enough facts to make that declaration.

Teams do NOT call up a team and ask if they are interested in trading away their young, pro-bowl, franchise QB. If it did, it wouldn't happen from multible teams on the same day at the same time. Thats just WAAyyyyy too much coincidence to be ignored.

If you wish to simply believe because none of us were in the room.. fine. I'm not going to. I'm not going to feel that foolish simply to believe his word.... because I believe he is LYING about it. See, thats why I don't take his word despite how many times he says the words. Because I dont' think the facts back up what he is saying, one bit.
    LOL Ravage...we need to get a coalition of the willing to find McDaniels

But you make excellent points about this Broncos domestic battle! I am in agreement with you.

My main thing right now is that I want to see that McDaniels wants to actually COACH. His willingness to consieer (or shop for) Cassel tells me that he wanted something the easy way out and wasn't confident in his abilities to get Jay with the program (or willing enough to shift his program a little). Considering the definition of "caoch" I would like to think he would be excited about how much more he could do with Jay, provided there is some flexibility on his part to modify his system somewhat to fit Jay's strengths as well as COACH Jay into a better football player within his overall system.

I'll be cautiously optimistic about the future of Jay and McD moving forward...if they pull it off and are able to collaborate and have a great season, I'll be pretty amazed at the good COACHING/PLAYING on their parts...
    Go Broncos, make me keep believing this year

http://www.notmike.com/images/heman.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by RainyTX View Post
    who cares?
    I was just going to post this.
    Humm....

Quote Originally Posted by jvw View Post
    I don't blame McDaniel's one moment for wanting to bring in Cassel. Matt already knows Josh's system and there wouldn't any learning curve involved, he could start and have the whole playbook from day 1. With Cutler, it might take him 2 or 3 full years to grasp and learn every single play.
    Exactly- then McD wouldn't really have to fulfill the role of "coach" so much.
    Go Broncos, make me keep believing this year

http://www.notmike.com/images/heman.jpg

The bottom line is it really doesn't matter at this point what the truth is, because Cutler is convinced that McDaniels and the Broncos' front office is lying.

Now, whether he's right about that or not is up for debate. The fact is, he's likely getting his information from trusted sources, and I doubt McDaniels will make him disbelieve those trusted sources if he continues to claim that they were never going to trade Cutler for Matt Cassel.

In the end, you have a dysfunctional relationship, caused by the fact that McDaniels failed to adequately communicate to his franchise Pro Bowl quarterback what was going on, and then proceeded to keep him in the dark up until Monday, when they wanted HIM to come out here so they could talk about things.

Whatever you believe or don't believe, what is obvious is that this would have all been avoided had McDaniels adhered to his own press conference and communicated with Cutler from the beginning.

so its common, in your mind, for multible teams to contact a team for their third year franchise, pro-bowl, QB that still has three years left on his contract?? YOu think it takes a savvy GM, but more than one at the same time (same day) to make a run at the same unlikely target without ANY feeling that it would be something they would be willing to listen to??? Really? You dont' think thats more unlikely than for McDaniels to put 'feelers' out since (as you said) he doesn't have ties to the QB??

(although I would fair to argue that if you are hired as the HC for a team that has a 3rd year franchise QB that just went to the pro-bowl, you have ties to the QB.... but thats just me)
    Multiple..is two. '

And no. I don't think it's unlikely that two teams got wind that NE was dealing Cassell and thought that McDaniels would want him.

I dont think its unlikely that McDaniels put out "feelers" for Cutler because he wanted Cassell either.

But if we put out "feelers" for a QB of Jay's calibur wouldn't there be more than 2 teams?

I would think if the Broncos really legit put of "feelers" there would of been a FLOOD of interest. Tampa, Detroit, San Fransisco, New York Jets, Miami, Houston, Oakland, KC, Minnesota, Cleveland... were was the interest from these teams?

Do you think its likely that we put out "feelers" stating we were willing to trade Cutler and ONLY two teams showed interest?

I haven't seen ANY other teams with "sources" saying they saw the Cutler rumors and were interested. Why wouldn't they be interested?

How many teams got thrown into the rumor AFTER all this news broke?

And THAT'S, the Cosmic Perspective.

Bronco Lover

I had high expectations for McDaniels myself. But what he did was intolerable. He messed with the offense when he shouldn't have. The offense was not the problem, the defense was.

At this point and time I think Mcdaniels is in a sinkhole and trying to climb out of it. It wouldn't surprise me whatsoever if Bowlen had it out with him. McDaniels made a mistake, and to top it off, lied.

Trust is the main issue here in my opinion.

Let me also add that I feel Pat Bowlen and the NFL League offices should find out how this whole thing got started in the first place. Whoever is to blame for this fiasco should be fired.
    D.E

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    Silk is right to the extent we haven't seen in print per se that Denver put out "feelers". However, why would a team just out of the blue contact Denver about moving our starting quarterback unless they at the very least were under the firm impression that Denver was opening to dealing? I doubt like hell that a the Lions GM just woke up one day had the bright idea "I'm going to see if Denver is willing to trade Jay Cutler to us."
    I don't know man. I don't see why not
    Let me explain, first of all McD knew the price tag attached to Cassel better than anybody else perhaps, and by knowing this, it may have not been possible for Denver to pull this deal off since we're pretty much trying to rebuilt the defense and we can use the money for that
    Second, everybody in the NFL knows all about McD and Cassel, and the possiblity to have Cassel reunited with McD would be something that perhaps McD would love to have happened. So, it makes sense they tried to see if McD would bite, but he didn't
    That's just my opinion, despite the fact that I've said initially that this was a dumb move by McD, but taking a look at the whole picture, it reveals this possibility as well...
    http://www.fightingmaster.com/masters/brucelee/photos/face3.jpg
    I've started with almost nothing and still got most of it

Quote Originally Posted by dragster69 View Post
    Er....
    Denver trades Jay Cutler, #48 pick (2nd round) and #79 (3rd round)
    Detroit trades #1 pick (1st round) and #20 pick (1st round)
    New England trades Matt Cassel

Denver receives Matt Cassel, #1 pick (1st round) and #20 pick (1st round)
    Detroit receives Jay Cutler and #79 (3rd round)
    New England receives #48 pick (2nd round)
    If I was playing madden, I'd take that trade.

Of course, I can win a superbowl with Josh Huepel at QB and Quentin Griffin at RB. I'm just that good.
    Personal goals: GOAL WEIGHT = 250lbs
    Weight loss needed for FGW = 120 lbs
    Weight lost so far: - 24 lbs

Quote Originally Posted by AC1 View Post
    I don't have a problem with the Patriots. I know a lot of Patriots fans and root for them as long as they're not playing the Broncos. I admire what Belichick has accomplished with that team.

However, let's not confuse what McDaniels tried to pull with Belichick's approach. McDaniels tried to get rid of the best player on his new team, ostensibly to either show the team who's the boss or who was so arrogant about his scheme that he didn't trust another QB (who is considered better than his buddy, the career backup, by practically everyone) to run it. That doesn't sound like someone who doesn't tolerate egos. It sounds like someone with a giant ego themselves.

And here many of us said Shanny had that problem.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    They're your teammates, now.
    Best of luck, TT!
    ...Always a class act - in any uniform.

sbutk: i can see why Denver is taking TO's right now [trailing by 7, with 30 seconds left in the half]. but why Oakland???

Captain Lori: You are trying to figure out the Raiders. Try figuring out women instead; it's probably much easier.

Quote Originally Posted by DanEllis View Post
    I had high expectations for McDaniels myself. But what he did was intolerable. He messed with the offense when he shouldn't have. The offense was not the problem, the defense was.

At this point and time I think Mcdaniels is in a sinkhole and trying to climb out of it. It wouldn't surprise me whatsoever if Bowlen had it out with him. McDaniels made a mistake, and to top it off, lied.

Let me also add that I feel Pat Bowlen and the NFL League offices should find out how this whole thing got started in the first place. Whoever is to blame for this fiasco should be fired.
    Why would the NFL League get involved??????????? This is an internal matter. And, in fact, one that would never have been known unless it was leaked.

Here we go.......Fire Sha........I mean McD.......or whoever is the fire flavour of the month. BTW, I guess we should fire Marshall because we can't trust him either. Actually, in his case the league is involved, and the end result may be wicked.
    Last edited by CanDB; 03-03-2009 at 09:52 PM.

You know.... he doesn't believe McDaniels story either. He knows, you know, that they are just repeating the same crap and sticking to their same junk. You know, they are just aren't going to come clean. I hope, you know, that they come clean to Jay behind closed doors. Let them keep their lame story to the public, but you know, they need to be truthful to the players one-on-one. Thats the ONLY way they will earn the trust... you know.
    Lol you're ridiculous. You so badly want there to be more dont you?

Quote Originally Posted by DanEllis View Post

It is not going to happen, right now the Broncos are thinking one thing and one thing only and that is 'Damage Control'. I agree that McDaniels did something intolerable, he did not realize just how much Cutler meant to the City, State, Fan Base and to the Organization, thus he made a mistake. He is relatively young, it is bound to happen. My issue is the fact he 'lied' and he got busted, he knew it...Bowlen knew it...Xanders knew it...and the Fans soon knew it. If there had been only one report or leak, even source that said McDaniels was in trade talks it could have been overlooked. But we had a plethura of leaks and sources, and I can tell you there are still some loyal to Shanahan inside the organization, so I can see how leaks got out and who are possible sources; Turner, Dennison hell...even the youngest Goodman is still working for the organization, Shanahan's secretary still works for the club. It is easy to see how a leak was possible. They will not always report a source, they lose that source if the person's name is brought up in the article, because they would be fired. But the truth is written in each article printed, reported or spoken!

I do believe that he did lie...that is the one big issue I have with him. McDaniels should have just admitted he was tempted, he was in talks...but then he decided, or was forced to give up on it...whatever. But now he can not come clean with the fans, so he and the brass are in 'Damag Control' mode, Jay will in my opinion along with McDaniels work it out. But he will have to be honest with Jay for that to happen. He will also need to have Jay step up as the leader of the team and get the team behind McDaniels, because I guarantee the majority of them are now iffy about him being the head coach. I really don't care who initiated the trade talks, they are over with and it is time for both coach and player to man up and get the team unified, less it will not be a team when the season starts. Once they are on the same page, I think the whole ordeal will slowly be forgotten, well...after a few games and the announcers will talk about it, but only for so long.
    ...Master Protagonist...